How does the Russian Empire Perform in an Anglo-Screw?

First to screw the anglosphere. We'll say that to start with the Spanish armada, while failing to conquer England, does manage to successfully burn down London and major port cities before being driven out. After that butterflies curse the English with a line of incompetent kings unable to manage affairs at home or abroad. Eventually in the early 19th century the colonies and Canada start rioting for independence balkanizing North America except for Mexico.

How does Russia fair in this tl without the British to check them? Could they win the Crimean war? Would they feel the need to sell Alaska without Canada at the border, and even if they do who would they sell it to with the US shattered? Would noninterference against against the Ottomans (not to mention the Napoleonic wars being butterflied off as well) save the empire from instability in the early 20th century or would Russia still suffer from the main causes of otl's revolution?

Last edited:
Look to the West has an Anglo-screw in terms of a smaller empire (Bengal, Natal, Guinea) and more decentralized (the US/Canada equivalent being formally a separate country from 1727 instead of 1776, and rule of colonies through companies), and a stronger Russia which is able to occupy all of Eastern Anatolia,Persia and Punjab, and maintain some overseas colonies (Japan*, Eritrea)
*administered by the RPLC as overseas province like French Algeria on behalf of the Tsar

First to screw the anglosphere. We'll say that to start with the Spanish armada, while failing to conquer England, does manage to successfully burn down London and major port cities before being driven out. After that butterflies curse the English with a line of incompetent kings unable to manage affairs at home or abroad. Eventually in the early 19th century the colonies and Canada start rioting for independence balkanizing North America except for Mexico.

How does Russia fair in this tl without the British to check them? Could they win the Crimean war? Would they feel the need to sell Alaska without Canada at the border, and even if they do who would they sell it to with the US shattered? Would noninterference against against the Ottomans (not to mention the Napoleonic wars being butterflied off as well) save the empire from instability in the early 20th century or would Russia still suffer from the main causes of otl's revolution?
...how incompetent are the kings and what did they do? I feel like those are important details
Russia winning the Crimean war has nothing to do with Britain...

hell, an anglo screw too early on could mean france is a major ally of the Ottos or PLC, Russia's main challengers in almost any scenario
France was precisely that in OTL. France was often times an ally of the Ottomans, PLC, and Sweden against Russia in OTL.

France was precisely that in OTL. France was often times an ally of the Ottomans, PLC, and Sweden against Russia in OTL.
Well yes but I also meant "and able to actually project that power because perfidious albion is no longer distracting them"

Well yes but I also meant "and able to actually project that power because perfidious albion is no longer distracting them"
Well, I think geography dictates that France will not be sending major armies to support the Ottomans, PLC, or Sweden against Russia. Historically, Britain and France only did that once(?) during the Crimean War. Maybe, if France has a stronger navy it might harass the Russians in the Baltic like the British did OTL, but I can't see it going further than that.

So would Russia keep Alaska since there's no New World competition other then Mexico to worry about or would they still look for a buyer to fund wars with their neighbors?

...how incompetent are the kings and what did they do? I feel like those are important details
Russia winning the Crimean war has nothing to do with Britain...
Let's say equal to otl's Spain. Perhaps there's even a war of English succession.