How could an American monarchy come about in a world w/failed ARW?

Hi, folks. I've recently been thinking about starting a new project, and I'd like to ask a question:

How could an American monarchy, of any kind, be set up in a world in which the American Revolution failed? What might it's head of state be called, if not a King(or Queen)? Would the monarch be subordinate to London, much like regional kings in the German states once were to the Emperor of the HRE?

Preferably, I'd like to start with a POD no earlier than 1770, but I'm open to anything up to about 30 years earlier, though. :cool:

If the American colonies stay part of the Empire, the King of the United Kingdom would just add "King of Virginia", "King of Pennsylvania" etc to his titles, continuing to use governor-generals as his man in each colony.

The best course for this is a protracted revolution that ultimately collapses. People conclude that a republican form of governance is weak and unsuited for large states (as was commonly believed at the time). The British continue to oppress, and the Americans decide on forming a monarchy to have more luck in a second revolution.

If the revolution fails, the center of power would still shift toward the US eventually. You might end up seeing the British monarch having the additional title of Emperor of Columbia.

If the revolution fails, the center of power would still shift toward the US eventually. You might end up seeing the British monarch having the additional title of Emperor of Columbia.

It's highly unlikely that America gets treated as one unit, because the Brits are not going to want to have a power that's singularly larger than they are. While power will inevitably shift Westwards, it's a toss-up between whether power just gets distributed to dominions, as it did in our timeline, or if there is a central body where the Americans get more and more influence. Either way, it's still important to remember Britain will still have India, and likely colonies in the East Indies and Africa with time. That's going to be a check on moving the capital etc.