HoI2 Complete Victory

I had a pretty good Germany game going but it got deleted when I was patching Doomsday. :(

Germany declared war on Poland in early 1937 with the intent of regaining its land lost in the first World War. A month later, the Soviet Union declared war on Germany in order to protect Poland, then all hell broke loose as the delicate balance set by the League of Nations came tumbling down. :D Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, and Greece, horrified by the advance of Communism, joined the German alliance and declared war on the USSR. In early 1938, the Allies declared war on Germany on paper, but in reality did nothing but a few bombing runs. Soon afterward, Hitler made peace with Poland for the land lost in WWI and installed a puppet government in Poland. The Wehrmacht then held the Soviets at the Polish border while Hitler turned west, and rushed into France.

(Can't remember exactly how things went after that, but I made a couple maps from earlier in the game so from here on out, the dates cannot be trusted for the most part)

By July 1940 France had been overrun and divided between Italy and Germany. All the Balkan countries as well as Italy had joined the Axis powers and began advancing against the Soviet Union. In late 1940, Spain and Portugal had joined the Axis as well, but were soon invaded by the Allies and both their mainland and their colonies were occupied. Upon the liberation of the Iberian Peninsula from the hands of democracy, Hitler waited a while before he decided what to do with the region. By June 1941 on the Eastern Front, all of the Ukraine had been captured and Germany had made a successful amphibious landing at Leningrad. In North Africa, Italy had fared less well, losing much of Libya to the British, but had taken Algeria and Morocco and had moved as far down the west African coast as Dakar. At this time, Japan had also managed to defeat the Nationalists in China and set up a puppet government in Nanjing.

By the end of 1941, little had changed in Europe since June. The monarchy was restored in Spain as Hitler was tired of Franco's bumbling (yes, I released Republican Spain), and Salazar was restored in Portugal. Finland had joined the Axis and had captured Murmansk and the Kola Peninsula, and the Netherlands had been exiled to the East Indies. Far more had changed in Asia, however. With Japan officially joining the Axis in September of 1941, they began advancing both north into Soviet territory and south into Indochina. In response, the United States officially joined the war on the side of the Allies (can't remember if Pearl Harbor happened or not). By November, Vladivostok, much of Indochina and Burma, the Malay Peninsula, and most of British Borneo had been taken by Japan and her puppet in Siam.

Two years later, much had changed but the relative balance between the Axis and the Allies was still approximately the same. Stalin, besieged from both west and east and with much of the USSR's industry in enemy hands, was forced to sign a bitter peace with Hitler and cede the western third of his country to Germany, while ceding the eastern third to Japan. Using the new access to the Caucasus, Hitler streamed across the mountains into Persia, Iraq, and the British and French colonies in the Levant. Germany also captured the Suez Canal and advanced all the way to Alexandria and Cairo, securing a vital trade link and cutting India off from the rest of Britain with Germany and Japan at its doorstep. To add to the British hardship, the Axis members had also captured Gibraltar, Malta, and Cyprus. Unfortunately, Mussolini's ineptitude in North Africa caused the Allies to take all Italian-occupied territory there except for bases in Tunis and Tripoli. The War in the Pacific had been going well for Japan as well. Japan had captured all of Indochina and the Malay Peninsula, all of Borneo, the Philippines, Guam, as well as Wake Island. However, as a blow to Japanese prestige, Britain retained Hong Kong and had also occupied Kyushu (stupid Japanese AI).

By the winter of 1945, the war had turned sharply in favor of the Axis. India had almost been subdued by both German and Japanese forces, German and Italian troops had advanced in Africa as far south a Angola and the Zambezi with only pockets of resistance left in West Africa, Belgium and the Nordic countries had come under Nazi control, and Japan had restarted the war against the Soviet Union. Japan had also annexed the Netherlands completely, while the British had retained control of Sumatra. Greece had also annexed all of Turkey, and had secured the Bosphorus for Axis use. However, the worst news of all came in late 1945, when the Germans dropped an atomic bomb on Hong Kong. While the city was almost completely destroyed, the British did not give up and repelled a combined Axis invasion of the island. Reports of the destruction there by survivors and British troops newly deployed to the city shocked the world so much that nuclear weapons would never be used again by either side.

By 1948, the world appeared to be heading toward a Cold War. The Indian subcontinent and Africa had been taken by the Axis, but the outlying islands in the Indian Ocean (Sri Lanka, Diego Garcia, Madagascar, etc.) remained in Allied hands. Australia and New Zealand had fallen to the Japanese, as well as all British bases in the Pacific. The Middle East and its oil reserves had also been secured by the Axis and the Arabian Peninsula was from then on governed from Baghdad. (I invaded from Iraq, so territory went to Iraq :confused:)

A year and a half later, the world had mostly settled into the Cold War. France had mostly fallen but somehow remained clinging to Tahiti. The Axis only had a tentative hold in the Americas, with Germany taking the French Caribbean and Italy taking French Guiana. The United States had captured Iceland and still maintained hold of Midway and Samoa. Resistance had begun springing up in Axis-held areas, and puppet governments were installed in most of the lands conquered by Germany. The Indian Ocean was also silent, with Japan taking the islands there. Britain remained strong in the face of fascism, with the Royal Navy blocking all chances of a German invasion.

This is the world of September 1949. Mostly following UCS, but some colors made darker to show up better on the Wikipedia base map. Pink is partisans, and lighter green is countries associated with US (Panama, Cuba)

DD_Germany_September_1949.png

I bought it off Ginza, but sadly, they don't seem to have it anymore.:(
If you do find it, remember to buy Revolutions from the Paradox Webshop: you do want to lead that Super-Sweden from 1836 (or, in theory, from 1000) to 1964, don't you?;)

And yes, there's a lot of fun stuff: as AH-interested, Kaiserreich and A Peace to end All Peace are of interest, even if they have... problems (bloody Qing China! What is it with HOI2ers and Qing China?!).
I recently contributed a little something to Kaiserreich, actually: I reminded them that Germany might want to partition France (as they can with the UoB), and with Armageddon, which they are moving over to, they have the tags. Even more, with ModNN, they already have nations that, with some changes, are ready to go. Brittany, Normany, Occitan and Neutral (rump) France, here we come!:D

Just know that if you are using VIP, don't expect to be able to export to HOI2. I tried to do that with a CSA VIP game, but it did not work and I was unable to continue the AAR into HOI2-land.

I've never actually played a game all the way to the end, but the most fun I had in a game was a 1938 game as Germany where Czechoslovakia refused my demands. Though Germany was able to annex Czechoslovakia, we couldn't defeat the French. Stuttgart changed hands eighteen times before the French held it for good and broke through the German defenses. Even though Hungary joined the Axis, no other Fascist state was willing to get on the shipwreck. Attempts to enact the Schlieffen plan only put the Low Countries into the Allies, who were soon joined by Poland. A last ditch attempt to blitz to Paris and Force the Vichy events ended with Guderian captured by the Allies. Germany surrendered two months later. Fun times.

I played HoI1 as Russia on my old computer

Researched all i could while the others armed and armed and agreed to everything.

Finland i took areas in the Molotov pact and then transformed it into an ally just in time when the germans attacked and used the finns as cannon fodder in the baltic while i armed myself(ok, lots of cheating here)

THen i marched to France and took over all of Europe, invade UK, sent troops into Asia and the game crashed when USA DOW me

Tried to recreat the Shattered World timeline.

http://theshatteredworld.blogspot.com/

I used F-12 commands to make the Anchluss and the Italian invasion of Albania fire early and conquered the Baltic states and Poland as the Soviets. Then I switched over to the Germans and made the partition of Czechoslovakia fire early and allied with Hungary and Bulgaria. (The German AI had already allied with Italy and Spain. Also the options for the end of Czechoslovakia are set up a puppet state or split with Hungary. I didn't want to waste resources invading the Czechs to make the borders match up exactly so I just split it with the Hungarians.) Then the Soviets set up a Polish puppet state and I quit in disgust.

Thande

Donor
I used F-12 commands to make the Anchluss and the Italian invasion of Albania fire early and conquered the Baltic states and Poland as the Soviets. Then I switched over to the Germans and made the partition of Czechoslovakia fire early and allied with Hungary and Bulgaria. (The German AI had already allied with Italy and Spain. Also the options for the end of Czechoslovakia are set up a puppet state or split with Hungary. I didn't want to waste resources invading the Czechs to make the borders match up exactly so I just split it with the Hungarians.) Then the Soviets set up a Polish puppet state and I quit in disgust.
Erm, isn't that what the Soviets did in the Shattered World TL itself? :confused: The PR of Poland was definitely a separate puppet, not annexed.

I've had one game as Germany in HoI2: Armageddon where I beat the USSR, annexed the UK (Along with Japan and Italy), invaded the US and annexed that (Along with Japan getting the Pacific islands). Then I kicked Japan out of the alliance and took China away from them, nuked the home islands into oblivion, and took them too.

I did one as Japan where I controlled all of Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America.

And in HoI1, I played a game as Argentina where I just fortified my two beaches and took out everybody in S. America except Brazil, sent a single infantry on an "Around the World Tour" attacking English and French regions (And stealing their resources) and finally launched an attack on the US. The interior was unguarded so I got all the way up to Canada before they started fighting back and the game ended with a stalemate between us with me in Florida.