(Historical) Annexxations/Mergers We Would Have Liked To See.

Cyprus to Greece
Moldavia to Romania (Transnistria to Ukraine)
North Korea to South Korea
Kosovo and Metohija to Serbia (or at least North Kosovo)
Herzeg-Bosnia to Croatia
RS and Serb Krajina to Serbia
Artsakh to Armenia
Kuwait to Iraq
Belgium split among linguistic communities.
Macedonia (Skopje) split between Bulgaria and Albania)

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Leeward and Windward Islands united into some sort of federation.

The islands of Oceania should be divided between Australia, New Zealand and the US.

- Greece getting Constantinople in WW1
(I’ve heard both sides of the debate regarding weather there were more Greeks or Turks in the city and been completely convinced by neither so I’m defaulting to the prettier borders option)

I'm curious, since when has there been a debate. Last time I saw and as far as I was aware it is a widely accepted fact that Konstantiniyye was majority Muslims if not majority Turkish. Is there now a debate? What evidence could people possibly be offering to claim that Christian Greeks were the majority?

758px-Austro-Hungarian_Monarchy_%281914%29.svg.png

I'm curious, since when has there been a debate. Last time I saw and as far as I was aware it is a widely accepted fact that Konstantiniyye was majority Muslims if not majority Turkish. Is there now a debate? What evidence could people possibly be offering to claim that Christian Greeks were the majority?

I don’t remember what the thread was called but I remember reading a 10 page or so debate on this site and each side brought up numerous censuses such as the Ottoman Census, A Greek Orthodox Church Census, the Bulgarian Governments estimates and so on with each source being contaminated by the culture of inflating ones own groups numbers that was deeply prevalent at the time.

More:
- Bosnia with Sandzak
- Vardar and Aegean Macedonis united
- Albania with Epirus and Kosovo
- Bulgaria with Dobruja
- Turkey with Western Thrace
- Armenia and South Azerbaijan attached to the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Moldova and Ukrainian Bessarabia to Romania
- Germany with Austria
- Netherlands with Flanders, Wallonia with France
- Kaliningrad to Poland or Lithuania
- Kuwait to Iraq, Lebanon, Israel/Palestine and Jordan to Syria
- North Sudan to Egypt
- Inner and Outer Mongolia united
- Kashmir with Pakistan
- Bangladesh and Rakhine with India
- Ceuta and Melilla with Morocco
- Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar under Spain
- Malta with Italy
- Belarus witg Russia
- Alaska with Canada

On a more serious note:
The Lusophone (including Macao, Goa, Daman and Diu, of course)
Colombia+Venezuela+Equador (maybe Panama)
Peru+Bolivia (add Chile for maximum memeness)
Argentina+Uruguay+Paraguay
Central America as a whole
The Koreas
Former French West Africa (with no France)
Egypt + Sudan
India + Pakistan + Bangladesh (oh my, what a mess)
Ethiopia + Eritrea

I don’t remember what the thread was called but I remember reading a 10 page or so debate on this site and each side brought up numerous censuses such as the Ottoman Census, A Greek Orthodox Church Census, the Bulgarian Governments estimates and so on with each source being contaminated by the culture of inflating ones own groups numbers that was deeply prevalent at the time.

Post 1900 or Pol Chat?

Polish Hungarian Comonwealth that wins at varna.
A US that for some reason never goes west.
Swedish Colonial Empire.
Another idea that might count as current politics so i can't mention one of the countries (oof).