Hey guys, I'm looking for a blank map to use for a Risk style game.

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first post, so please go easy on me. I believe this is the right section to post this in. I am looking for a map similar to the one I've attached to this post, but with some minor differences.

I'm looking for a map that is just like this, except one that has a lot more territories/land. This map is editable in MSPaint. I'm looking for a map just like this one except bigger. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction.

If no such map exists, please let me know.

Blank map.png

Greetings. I do not mean to scare you off or anything, but I thought that map had been cast to the darkest nether regions of the abyss. :eek:

Greetings. I do not mean to scare you off or anything, but I thought that map had been cast to the darkest nether regions of the abyss. :eek:

Good job not scaring him.:rolleyes:

No one knows. . .:eek:

Isn't this a video game map? I can see where the OTL borders are (in case you wanted to play the game as close to reality as possible, despite the thousands of reasons you couldn't because of butterflies), and I assume the individual pieces are related to counties/subdivisions of the countries.

... related. "Related", I guess.

Isn't this a video game map? I can see where the OTL borders are (in case you wanted to play the game as close to reality as possible, despite the thousands of reasons you couldn't because of butterflies), and I assume the individual pieces are related to counties/subdivisions of the countries.

... related. "Related", I guess.
Ah that makes sense actually.

If I had to make a guess, basing off where the edges of the map were, and how similar it looks to my EU3 map, I'd say this could be a Crusader Kings map... though the sheer number of territories in Russia is frightening. It almost looks like what could be a HOI3 or Vicky2 map, just focused on a single region.

Thanks for the help so far guys. Actually, I found this map on (if you've heard of it) 4chan. So it's probably from a long time ago. I use this map to play Online Risk/World Domination, because it's the largest map with the most counties/territories I've found that can be edited on paint.

EDIT: The reason I like this map is solely because of the obscene amount of territories. It makes it a perfect map for Risk. I've been looking at the blank world maps in the directory, but none of them contain enough territories for a game longer than 20 minutes.

EDIT 2: I actually just found this very map in the directory, except colored in: http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/li...sqy0.png?id=blank_map_directory:all_of_europe

The above can't be a map from any kind of Paradox game - just look at Iceland. No Paradox game (to my knowledge) has more than two provinces in Iceland* - and this has, what, twenty? Heck, I'm sure there are a few provinces in this map that represent regions where literally no one lives (or at least where there are no permanent settlements).
If you really need even more provinces/regions than this... well, I can't say anything. Maybe use that QBAM with national subdivisions (it's called Qazaq's Old World, IIRC) - that will at least make a little more sense than this awfully arbitrary one. Or, failing that, just use the maps from EU3, Vicky (2, of course), HOI3, or even CK (either 1 or 2, as I assume the latter will already be out by the time you get to it) if you seriously only want Europe (unlikely, but why not?)

*) Okay, I haven't checked HOI3 (still unlikely to have more than three or four). EU3 and CK have two, Vicky has one, and Rome doesn't have that part at all IIRC.

AFAIK, the divisions on the OP's map were added for the purpose of playing an AH.COM game (Feudal Lands?).