Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

@Geekhis Khan do the rash of mass postal and school shootings occur ITTL?
Well, Columbine was butterflied since Harris' father got stationed in Europe instead of Colorado (USR still more of a threat, so smaller NATO drawdown) and I had a post in the early 1990s that spoke briefly about a couple of shootings. I didn't go any further down that ugly rabbit hole as I had more central issues to track, but certainly mass shootings are happening, though they may not have become as much of a "thing" iTTL. And there were all the terror attacks for sure, so the debates over gun control continue. I'll leave it to anyone else to go there if they so choose.

F48157F5-958E-4396-8CC1-9580417EE98A.jpeg

So, I just saw the latest post, and it brought up how Dave Bautista, Nick Offerman and Terry Crews were all the most vocal members of what's called the True Manliness movement, basically the counter to the misogynistic Men's Rights movement.

While it's probably more people than could be feasibly mentioned, just some thoughts on who else could be voices in this movement:

Daniel Craig (look up some of the things he's said in OTL regarding the James Bond character)
Jason Sudeikis (I mean, Ted Lasso is a pretty clear example why I think this)
Hal Sparks (His 2010 comedy special Charmageddon has a bit about how it's stupid to call a weak person a pussy)
Henry Cavill (A man who was bullied in his youth and grew up to be the kind of man who tries to uplift his colleagues whenever possible seems ideal for this)
Pedro Pascal (I think this one's fairly obvious)
Ashton Kutcher (Again, I think it's fairly obvious as to why)
George Foreman (before he became born again, Foreman was once an example of a lot of things this movement rails against but has since become an example much more healthy masculinity)
Steve Irwin (because why not?)

Just my two cents and obviously these might be ignoring reasons

So, I just saw the latest post, and it brought up how Dave Bautista, Nick Offerman and Terry Crews were all the most vocal members of what's called the True Manliness movement, basically the counter to the misogynistic Men's Rights movement.

While it's probably more people than could be feasibly mentioned, just some thoughts on who else could be voices in this movement:

Daniel Craig (look up some of the things he's said in OTL regarding the James Bond character)
Hal Sparks (His 2010 comedy special Charmageddon has a bit about how it's stupid to call a weak person a pussy)
Henry Cavill (A man who was bullied in his youth and grew up to be the kind of man who tries to uplift his colleagues whenever possible seems ideal for this)
George Foreman (before he became born again, Foreman was once an example of a lot of things this movement rails against but has since become an example much more healthy masculinity)

Steve Irwin as part of the True Manliness movement. There are SO many jokes that could result in by comparing human males to animal males.

Steve Irwin as part of the True Manliness movement. There are SO many jokes that could result in by comparing human males to animal males.
Oh speaking of him, I had some ideas for what he'd up to in the TL.
  • Opening a new sister park to the Australia Zoo and adding new exhibits (without him IOTL, the zoo has stagnated under Terri).
  • Create a production company for documentaries, TV shows, and films.
  • Speaking of which, I have some ideas for projects he creates..
    • An animated anthology series about australian aboriginal myths and the creatures within.
    • A Chased by Dinosaurs-like series

Last edited:
I don't know how, but that didn't even cross my mind.
Well, now we have an idea for a series of interstitials from The Smithsonian Channel, or wherever Disney's partnership bore fruit from.
Oh speaking of him, I had some ideas for what he'd up to in the TL.
  • Opening a new sister park to the Australia Zoo and adding new exhibits (without him IOTL, the zoo has stagnated under Terri).
  • Create a production company for documentaries, TV shows, and films.
  • Speaking of which, I have some ideas for projects he creates..
    • An animated anthology series about australian aboriginal myths and the creatures within.
    • A Chased by Dinosaurs-like series
All great ideas.

Also, since I brought up Henry Cavill as someone would be a voice in the True Manliness movement, I'm just going to add on to that: with the exception of Dean Cain, ever actor who played Superman (IOTL and ITTL) could be a voice in this movement.

Also, since I brought up Henry Cavill as someone would be a voice in the True Manliness movement, I'm just going to add on to that: with the exception of Dean Cain, ever actor who played Superman (IOTL and ITTL) could be a voice in this movement.
Being born after the PoD does he even become an actor?

The POD was in the late seventies, Henry Cavill was born in the early eighties. I don't think anything would effect him enough that he's not an actor in present day.
How about his playing rugby, besides Dwayne Johnson was born in 1972 and he's playing in the NFL instead of wrestling. Plus Cavill's first acting role doesn't come until 2001, plenty of time to change his career.

Actually, one last figure that could possibly be part of the True Manliness movement that I'm surprised I didn't think of sooner, Phil Hartman.

Mr. T? The A-Team episode where Baracus goes home to defend his mom comes to mind.

Oh also the LOTR cast should be there.