Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

Honestly, I planned for it not to be at Disney ITTL...

Speaking of, that film was to be made by Caravan Pictures, made by Roger Birnbaum and Joe Roth in 1994, but since none of us have seen it mentioned, has it been butterflied? Have they gone to Hollywood Pictures back when it was seperate from Universal?
No Caravan at Disney iTTL. Instead Wildside Pictures is the nearest equivalent and Birnham and Roth aren't involved and are open to whomever wants them.

Near as I can tell Debbie Deschanel is an original character for the TL as such here is my interpretation of her:
faceapp_1659222475976_by_lurch_jr_dfaaenn-pre.jpg

I remember seeing an idea for a muppet movie somewhere. It's basically a fantasy adventure where the muppets basically play Dungeons and Dragons. There'd be a framing device where the muppets engage in table talk and other shenanigans. The in-game characters the muppets are "playing as" would be portrayed by celebrity actors doing impressions of the muppet in question. What do you guys think?

I remember seeing an idea for a muppet movie somewhere. It's basically a fantasy adventure where the muppets basically play Dungeons and Dragons. There'd be a framing device where the muppets engage in table talk and other shenanigans. The in-game characters the muppets are "playing as" would be portrayed by celebrity actors doing impressions of the muppet in question. What do you guys think?
I am so down for that idea.

So basically The Gamers but with Muppets:

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, @nick_crenshaw82 . It-'d arguably be one of the easiest Muppet movies to film since the Muppets would likely spend most of their screentime seated at the table. Though it could be fun if halfway through the movie they get somehow swept up in the quest themselves.

I also still think that a film with the general concept of Poppy Playtime could work at one of the competing studios. It'd be fun to explore the dark side of the general Toy Story "what if toys had feelings" concept. And a spooky dilapidated toy factory would be a fun setting for an animated movie. It'd be a "Hard PG*" or even a PG-13. And it'd be a good idea to still have animated movies with some bite to them.

*Back before PG meant "Practically G".

@HonestAbe1809

It would be nice to see the Muppets get away with some edgy humor every once in a while, albeit not at the dark level of those old Wilkins coffee commercials.

It’s kinda sad that not many films get G ratings these days IOTL.

In my TL As Dreamers Do, “G” is pretty much used by the MPAA as a rubber stamp for nature documentaries that Columbia-TriStar plans to coproduce with the Discovery Channel. As of 2005 in that TL, Discovery is now owned by CBS, CT’s parent company.

@Geekhis Khan When you get back, mind answering these?
  1. Will CG become dominant in mainstream cartoons, or will there be a 50/50 split if not a closer amount of each.
  2. What are the fates of the Disney cartoons on Disney Channel from OTL? (Aladdin for instance?) I ask because I have plans for two members of them, Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle, which ties into the CG bit above. Yeah its about her.

1 yes. Cost is just so much less and editing so much easier

2 I've listed some Disney TV cartoons, and will list others. No set plans for the two you mentioned

Nice, but as Hearst is still merging with Argyle Television in 1997 like OTL, but instead of swapping BOTH WDTN and WNAC to Sunrise Television in exchange for KSBW, WPTZ and WNNE, TTL Hearst-Argyle would swap WDTN to Belo in exchange for WHEC in Rochester and Hearst-Argyle would swap WNAC in Providence to Raycom Media in exchange for WSTM-TV in Syracuse.
But ownership changes is looming through timeline:
  • 1953: Gannett Company signs on WHEC-TV, and had a share with WVET-TV.
  • 1961: Gannett Company bought half of channel 10 from Vetarans Broadcasting as WROC-TV went to channel 5.
  • 1979: Gannett sells off WHEC-TV to Ragan Henry following the purchase of Combined Communications.
  • 1983: The Henry group traded WHEC-TV to Viacom for WDIA and KDIA, two radio stations. Viacom oversaw an affiliation change of WHEC to NBC in 1989, while giving CBS to WROC-TV.
  • 1992: After Capital Cities-ABC bought Viacom, ABC traded WHEC to Belo in exchange for CBS affiliate KXTV in Sacramento, which immediately switched to ABC, swapping affiliations with KOVR.
  • 1998: Due to FCC rules, as WDTN provided Grade B to Cincinnati, Hearst-Argyle Television purchases WHEC-TV in Rochester in exchange for WDTN in Dayton, which was given to A.H. Belo Corporation.

We'll nice work considering that WDTN and WNAC were divested, but instead of OTL's Sunrise, it was Belo for WDTN in trade for WHEC (which six years ago, snapped from Capital Cities/ABC after buying Viacom) and Raycom for WNAC in trade for WSTM. Here's what WHEC's logo would have looked like TTL under Hearst-Argyle ownership:
WHEC Hearst-style logo.png

ANd here's what WSTM's logo would have looked like under TTL Hearst-Argyle ownership:
WSTM Hearst-style logo.png

Nice, but as Hearst is still merging with Argyle Television in 1997 like OTL, but instead of swapping BOTH WDTN and WNAC to Sunrise Television in exchange for KSBW, WPTZ and WNNE, TTL Hearst-Argyle would swap WDTN to Belo in exchange for WHEC in Rochester and Hearst-Argyle would swap WNAC in Providence to Raycom Media in exchange for WSTM-TV in Syracuse.
But ownership changes is looming through timeline:
  • 1953: Gannett Company signs on WHEC-TV, and had a share with WVET-TV.
  • 1961: Gannett Company bought half of channel 10 from Vetarans Broadcasting as WROC-TV went to channel 5.
  • 1979: Gannett sells off WHEC-TV to Ragan Henry following the purchase of Combined Communications.
  • 1983: The Henry group traded WHEC-TV to Viacom for WDIA and KDIA, two radio stations. Viacom oversaw an affiliation change of WHEC to NBC in 1989, while giving CBS to WROC-TV.
  • 1992: After Capital Cities-ABC bought Viacom, ABC traded WHEC to Belo in exchange for CBS affiliate KXTV in Sacramento, which immediately switched to ABC, swapping affiliations with KOVR.
  • 1998: Due to FCC rules, as WDTN provided Grade B to Cincinnati, Hearst-Argyle Television purchases WHEC-TV in Rochester in exchange for WDTN in Dayton, which was given to A.H. Belo Corporation.
Makes sense that ABC would immediately spin off WHEC upon their Viacom purchase, given the relatively small size of the Rochester, NY market. With regards to the other Viacom stations I can also see ABC selling off KSLA (Shreveport, LA, another small market) while keeping KMOV (St. Louis) and WVIT (Hartford, CT) as O&Os.
WNYT (Albany, NY) is a borderline case IMO since the Albany TV market (at least as of present-day) is roughly the same size as the Fresno, CA TV market which already has a ABC O&O in KFSN.

This is how the affiliations would look after the Viacom switches, assuming WHEC and KSLA are sold:
St. LouisHartfordAlbany, NY
ABCKMOV (network O&O)WVIT (network O&O)WNYT (network O&O)
NBCKSDKWTNHWTEN
CBSKTVIWFSBWRGB (Fun Fact: this is North America's oldest TV station)
PFN (since this replaces Fox ITTL, I'm giving that network OTL's Fox affiliates)KDNLWTICWXXA

We'll nice work, but the topic is 1996, but we did not want Sinclair to buy Sullivan Broadcasting at all, so that deal could be butterflied. OTL's Sullivan Broadcasting stations were WZTV, WUTV, KOKH, WXLV, WRGT, WVAH, WRLH, WUHF, WMSN, WTAT, WFXV and LMAs WUXP and WUPN. So I honestly trust NBC to get Disneyification with the launch of Life's Work, a show Hyperion is producing.

So according to this Subreddit the following songs have a Queen vibe to them:
Of course all of them came out a decade or more after Freddie Mercury died OTL but still do you agree:
(To me The Darkness seem very Queen like as a whole)
Also can you think of any songs that came out between 1991 and 2000 that could have been Queen songs?

@Geekhis Khan
In my TL As Dreamers Do Part Deux, I have Hurricane Katrina coming up. I figured there was no way to butterfly natural disasters without getting into ASB territory.

If Katrina hasn't been addressed yet, how will that situation be handled in the Hensonverse?