Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

Would Sonic.EXE still actually exist ITTL, if so would there still be the FNF mod that helped the demonic hedgehog being brought back to popularity as well as the EXE OCs too in some form?

Also, would there still be a chance for Needlem0use to still exist ITTL in some form like something in the Kolchak franchise?

If On Spectral Evidence- does well at the Oscars and other awards, do you think a more political Lord of the Rings might follow?

Is the 90's 'Witch Film" craze mentioned in the latest update likely to see more fantasy films made in general?

If On Spectral Evidence- does well at the Oscars and other awards, do you think a more political Lord of the Rings might follow?

Is the 90's 'Witch Film" craze mentioned in the latest update likely to see more fantasy films made in general?
The late 90s will belong to the fantasy genre and yes, LoTR could stand to be more political, but only if The Hobbit takes off first. Let them have their E 10+ rated ''escapist fantasy'' first, then move them on to the real world stuff with little divorce from those subjects or topics. It should be more artistic too. this is why I suggested Besson for the Director's chair. The Shire could be as easily set up in France or England as in New Zealand.

They could be literal brothers. Old rich types like them do that sort of thing, look at the Duke brothers from Trading Places.
I mean they have different last names so unless one of them took his wifes names (I think Waldorfs wife was mentioned some times) it's unlikely that they're brothers.

However besides that I agree with the old ich dudes that live together angle.
It feels inevitable that "X, but spooky" stories like Sonic.EXE or Ben Drowned would happen in TTL.
And as we with the recent Analog horror craze nostalgic things are always going to be popular with horror.

I can totally see something similar to the Candle Cove Creepypasta existing and things like Jeff the Killer aren't exactly very original ideas either.
You could totally push Tolkien's dislike of industrialisation and his indirect writing about the horrors of WWI to create a more overt environmentalist message.

Like the Ents charging at the Orks could totally be used as a symbol for Nature vs Man.
We know that Paramount(?) is working on a bunch of Discworld films about the Witch side of things and if I'm not mistaken then the classic 1996 film The Craft still exists in some form too, so there's already a bunch of witch movies coming.

Also someone mentioned the film rights to Narnia being up for grabs but we haven't heard anything regarding that.

You could totally push Tolkien's dislike of industrialisation and his indirect writing about the horrors of WWI to create a more overt environmentalist message.
Sauron could be an alchemist and scientist and a user of machines. The Rind itself could be a combination of alchemical metallurgy mixed with scientific chemistry. We could see some Dungeon Punk Tanks and Ornithopters from the Orcs operated with strings like puppets. Maybe some crude hand cannons.

So, who wants to discuss Gollum? In my mind, the horror of Sméagol comes from the fact that he's basically supposed to be a sick, twisted parody of a hobbit, right down to his appetite and his twisted desire for companionship and affection. What if we could bring that to the surface?

Last edited:
If anyone decides to flesh out the film Kayfabe I would like to provide two possible characters and their actors: Eric Kramer as a Hulk Hogan expy called Duke Dugan and Richard Moll as the Undertaker-like Revenant.

Sauron could be an alchemist and scientist and a user of machines.
Sauruman actually fills that role quite nicely already.

In the Books it's explicitly stated how he has completed destroyed his once beautiful domain of Isengard in his attempts to raise an Ork army to rival Sauron and is later shown to take over the Shire and basically do the same thing to it while our heroes are busy elsewhere.

You don't even need to change anything just give him a slightly bigger role than in OTL.

Sauruman actually fills that role quite nicely already.

In the Books it's explicitly stated how he has completed destroyed his once beautiful domain of Isengard in his attempts to raise an Ork army to rival Sauron and is later shown to take over the Shire and basically do the same thing to it while our heroes are busy elsewhere.
Should The Scouring of the Shire be a part of this adaption, do you think?

Will Harry Potter still exist in this universe?

Also, who do y’all think will be featured in the 1996 and 2000 US presidential elections respectively?

Gore probs wins re-election, batting for McCain in 2000.
I’ve been wondering who will be the Democratic nominee for President in 2000 for a while now, as I have been strongly inspired by this timeline and Cobain Continues. Here is my shortlist of possible contenders.
  • Joe Biden, Delaware
  • John Kerry, Massachusetts
  • Dianne Feinstein, California
  • Bill Bradley, New Jersey
  • And Bill Clinton, Arkansas

I do wonder though who will be the GOP contneders

Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Governor Jeb Bush
Businessman Steve Forbes
Governor Patacki

Though it will likely be McCain if he runs and avoids further scandal publicly, he still probably has some Keating stink.

McCain’s VP that’s harder