Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

Still think about this @GrahamB reply. I hope that this gets in.
How about using Dr. Druid instead:

Of course Lucas has said a lot, and much of it contradictory, so I could certainly be wrong.

Almost. Anakin/Anniken's "Attachment" (his possessive obsession with Padme, which he mistakes for love) led to his downfall. Luke's Connection (actual love and compassion) to his friends and father, is what saved him.

I always saw the intent of Lucas' Skywalker Saga OTL to be that the Jedi were born in nobility in the far ancient times, rightly working to purge themselves of Attachment, but that over the centuries they ironically became attached themselves to the Rite and Ritual and Dogma of the Jedi Rules, mistaking emotion and passion and love and connection for attachment. This made them unable to nurture Anakin through his internal challenges and steer him away from his self-destructive attachment, which led to his downfall and through him the fall of the Jedi and the Republic. Luke, meanwhile, saw through the Dogma and saw the true nature of Love and Friendship and Compassion not as dangerous Attachments, but liberating Connections, and this is why he was able to redeem Anakin, who brought balance back to the Force by purging Palpatine.
AFAIK this is George's final verdict on it:

Basically, yeah. Anakin’s Fatal Flaw is his fear of loss: he can’t accept his mother’s death, he can’t accept Padme’s death, and his increasingly toxic need to control that is how the dark side gets him. Luke loves and loses people too, but he learns to accept them becoming one with the Force, and so he remains a Jedi.

And there we go. Based on the fact that there are fewer "likes" than I often get, but that a higher percentage of them are "loves" than typical, I'm assuming that this is a "love it or hate it" post, which, frankly, mission accomplished to some degree. It's just not Star Wars without a divided fandom, so Verisimilitude Achieved.
You have finally gotten what you wished for! I imagine after seeing the overwhelming praise for Episode 1 you were worried that you could never truly capture the divisive essence of a Star Wars film, but you've finally managed it! :p

I debated taking things in a different direction, but truth be told I have no idea when Lucas came up with the Clones being the forerunners of the Storm Troopers, as that's one of those things buried deep in the Black Box. Perhaps it was part of his "12 9 3 6 9 Movie Plan" first devised in the late '70s after Star Wars broke box office records, and maybe not. Anyone's guess is as good as mine. I decided to be lazy and go OTL.

That said, my gut feeling is that Lucas went to the Droid Armies as antagonists and Clones as erstwhile allies of the Jedi in order to avoid having scenes of Jedi cutting down hundreds of living people. That would be an ugly visual and the MPAA may have been a factor.
That's completely fair.

I took Thorpe in the "grey Jedi" direction mostly as a contrast to the Canon of Dark Side as the corruption and imbalance in the Force, and as a counter to the common (and Jossed) Fan Theory that Anakin "restored balance to the force" by killing Jedi until there were an even 2 Sith, 2 Jedi. Here Thorpe clearly shows why this idea is wrong, that the Dark Side is not Yin to the Force's Yang, but corruption and imbalance that must be purged for balance to return. His hubris led directly to his fall as his Master (Palps) betrays him without remorse, likely knowing of his hubris and duplicity and even counting on it.
Perhaps ITTL's Star Wars fandom might reject the theory of the "Grey Jedi" since it's so explicitly shown to be a misguided ideology through the eyes of Thorpe (along with George Lucas's comments) and Windu being so thoroughly divorced from the entire concept since he is no longer "touched" by the Dark Side as part of his character.

To that extent, I can see Revan being viewed in an entirely different light since his motivations to convert to the Dark Side will be an even bigger mystery. It would be an even bigger mystery if he actually chose to become a Sith in the aftermath of the Mandalorian Wars instead of being forcibly converted by Vitiate.

They say the best screen couples are those who really like each other, and those who despise each other. Jenifer Grey and Patrick Swayze apparently couldn't stand each other, but the resulting contempt ironically translated as real chemistry. Assuming thern Obi-Wan series, this may happen, assuming Branagh would go for it.
I think a Kenobi series is very much possible and even more desired ITTL, but that will depend on whether Kenneth Branagh is able to recover from whatever scandal he's going to get into in Episode III. The plot would definitely have to be original though, and that's not just because of the Fiction Zone.

What are people's thoughts about Anniken getting a Padawan? I originally didn't want that to happen because of how Ahsoka was created (and later saved by Dave Filoni) but now that I think about it, him getting a Padawan is actually a natural case for his development during the Clone Wars Multimedia Project.

What are people's thoughts about Anniken getting a Padawan? I originally didn't want that to happen because of how Ahsoka was created (and later saved by Dave Filoni) but now that I think about it, him getting a Padawan is actually a natural case for his development during the Clone Wars Multimedia Project.
Assuming Clone Wars hasn't been written yet? I vote for a female Tusken - Anakin's confrontation with A'Sharad Hett was one of the best stories to come out of Dark Horse, and we didn't get nearly enough of the warrior from the Boba Fett series.

Assuming Clone Wars hasn't been written yet? I vote for a female Tusken - Anakin's confrontation with A'Sharad Hett was one of the best stories to come out of Dark Horse, and we didn't get nearly enough of the warrior from the Boba Fett series.
It could work since Anniken has virtually no reason to hate them like Anakin did OTL (Mauk was the one that killed Shmi). However, I'm not entirely sure if that's the best option since the Tuskens are not known for leaving their clans (it has to be a banished one).

It could work since Anniken has virtually no reason to hate them like Anakin did OTL (Mauk was the one that killed Shmi). However, I'm not entirely sure if that's the best option since the Tuskens are not known for leaving their clans (it has to be a banished one).
Maybe; there’s not much canon on the Tuskens in the Ninieties. All I know is that with Halix probably butterflying Ahsoka, they’ll need another kind of foil for him, and having them be a species he hates (Zabrak?) is great for drama.

Maybe; there’s not much canon on the Tuskens in the Ninieties. All I know is that with Halix probably butterflying Ahsoka, they’ll need another kind of foil for him, and having them be a species he hates (Zabrak?) is great for drama.
From what I can gather, much of the backstory of the Tuskens was done during the late 90s and 2000s.

As for the Padawan, a Zabrak one would be pretty daring but I feel that Lucasfilm would try to go for a safer option if they want to set them up as a "paragon" and a purely wholehearted apprentice that was going to be a light in Anniken's life until it was thoroughly snuffed out.

... As for the Padawan, a Zabrak one would be pretty daring but I feel that Lucasfilm would try to go for a safer option if they want to set them up as a "paragon" and a purely wholehearted apprentice that was going to be a light in Anniken's life until it was thoroughly snuffed out.
Hmm... Miraluka?

Hmm... Miraluka?
You know, that's not a bad idea. I loved the Visas Marr and Darth Nihilus relationship in KOTOR 2 so perhaps it could be reflected in the Hensonverse albeit with a far more humane and loving apprenticeship (Force Bonds and stuff like that). It will only make things worse for Anniken because he will lose a piece of himself if they die since they will be much closer than even Anakin and Ahsoka OTL.

Plus Miraluka tend to have really tragic lives and/or deaths so it would seem fitting for the Padawan to be one as well.

71c1eb04197c902bf633365d138afc23.jpg

A darker mirror of Ahsoka with a tragic fate, perhaps? (Image source: Pinterest)

Honestly, I just like the idea of the Padawan seeing Anakin's aura (and the rest of the Order in general) get uglier and uglier as the war drags on.

Ahsoka honestly should have died in the Rebels Season 2 finale; it was a perfect ending for her.

There's also something I imagined. A jedi who survived Order 66 eventually runs into Obi Wan and finds out about Luke. He uses the force to try to see the future, and he sees that in every future where the Inquisitorious is destroyed Luke is either killed or corrupted.....so he and his fellows launch a do or die attack to take them out. The Inquisitorious is destroyed, and as the hero dies he sees a vision of Luke redeeming Vader, dying content.

Honestly, I just like the idea of the Padawan seeing Anakin's aura (and the rest of the Order in general) get uglier and uglier as the war drags on.
I also agree. They'd be especially aware of this corruption due to their sensitivity to the Force.

There's also something I imagined. A jedi who survived Order 66 eventually runs into Obi Wan and finds out about Luke. He uses the force to try to see the future, and he sees that in every future where the Inquisitorious is destroyed Luke is either killed or corrupted.....so he and his fellows launch a do or die attack to take them out. The Inquisitorious is destroyed, and as the hero dies he sees a vision of Luke redeeming Vader, dying content.
Very much possible for an Empire era comic, though I'm not sure if the Inquisitors existed during this time.

First post here - Nelson Peltz has (predictably) abandoned the Proxy Fight for the Magic Kingdom.
Unsurprising, but it's definitely a different end to this proxy battle compared to the Hensonverse. The latter had far more stakes compared to execs fighting over the tiniest of profit margins.