Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

I came up with a new concept.

Namely a controller for the Apple Ambrosia;

AppleAmbrosia controller.png

Nicknamed the "Panda" controller by fans, after the controller's monochromatic color scheme.
(it has iPod-style click wheels and GameCube-style L & R buttons)

Maybe in future consoles (Ambrosia 7th, 8th gens), it could evolve into something like this;

1655764107005.png

Sidenote 1: The "Panda" nickname was also chosen because the controller was intentionally designed by Apple to look adorable. Science shows that our brains are hardcoded to treat objects, inanimate or otherwise, with greater care, caution, and reverence when they resemble a living thing.
Psychological studies have been done whereby participants, when asked to harm an inanimate object, were less likely to hurt the object if it had a face. Participants in the study would happily bludgeon a potato with a hammer, unless you stuck some hair and a pair of eyeballs to the potato, at which point their moral compasses would obediently snap into place.
Same principle here. By making their controllers look like little panda faces, Apple hopes to spiritually disarm rage-quitting gamers (and in effect, prevent gamers from breaking their controllers). I also suspect the cuteness is used to quell some of the tensity that might emerge from losing hard games.

Sidenote 2: Source for "future controller": here.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Another idea involving the Ambrosia:
If you download a song from the iTunes store on the console, and renaming the song "<<AMßΓ0SIA>>", the system would trigger a hidden credit roll.

Essentially this...
...but with an "Apple" flavor.

If you download a song from the iTunes store on the console, and renaming the song "<<AMßΓ0SIA>>", the system would trigger a hidden credit roll.

Essentially this...
Another Ambrosia easter egg:
If you start up the console on April 1st, the Apple logo would be replaced by a picture of a chicken nugget.

(namely this one, with a bite taken out of it (like the original logo))
AppleAmbrosia easter egg - nugget logo.png

This is a reference, not to anything Apple-related, but to the infamous rubber chicken toy, synonymous with April Fools Day.

This chicken nugget logo would end up becoming a meme in this TL.

Last edited:
If you start up the console on April 1st, the Apple logo would be replaced by a picture of a chicken nugget.

View attachment 751990

This is a reference, not to anything Apple-related, but to the infamous rubber chicken toy, synonymous with April Fools Day.

I will admit that I got a chuckle out of this prank.

We'll let's wonder had Suddenly Susan and Veronica's Closet lasted longer? Might be 5 seasons TTL.
It sounds like Veronica's Closet only had high rating during its first season because it was sandwiched between to more popular shows and even that didn't help with its ratings. As for Suddenly Susan it sounds like it became a completely different and less popular show after almost everyone left during its fourth season. While it might be possible to extend Suddenly Susan to five seasons (assuming no one leaves) but I don't think Veronica's Closet can make it to five seasons.

View attachment 751968
Nicknamed the "Panda" controller by fans, after the controller's monochromatic color scheme.

Maybe in future consoles (Ambrosia 7th, 8th gens), it could evolve into something like this;

Sidenote 1: The "Panda" nickname was also chosen because the controller was intentionally designed by Apple to look adorable. Science shows that our brains are hardcoded to treat objects, inanimate or otherwise, with greater care, caution, and reverence when they resemble a living thing.
Psychological studies have been done whereby participants, when asked to harm an inanimate object, were less likely to hurt the object if it had a face. Participants in the study would happily bludgeon a potato with a hammer, unless you stuck some hair and a pair of eyeballs to the potato, at which point their moral compasses would obediently snap into place.
Same principle here. By making their controllers look like little panda faces, Apple hopes to spiritually disarm rage-quitting gamers (and in effect, prevent gamers from breaking their controllers). I also suspect the cuteness is used to quell some of the tensity that might emerge from losing hard games.

Sidenote 2: Source for "future controller": here.

Any thoughts?
I love it! It's so cute, especially that research.

Essentially this...
What does that have to do with anything and what would happen?

View attachment 751995

I will admit that I got a chuckle out of this prank.
Yeah, that would be quite funny. How would it even be possible for a logo in the interface to be replaced for 24 hours?

AppleAmbrosia controller.png

The layout for the "Panda" controller is as follows;
  • Directional wheel (stand-in for D-Pad, left hand side)
  • Action wheel (stand-in for ABXY, right hand side)
  • Analog sticks (both sides)
  • Shoulder buttons
  • Trigger buttons
  • Grip buttons (located in controller grips)
  • Home button (Apple logo, a la XBOX)
  • Plus and Minus buttons (essentially Start & Select, shared with the Wii)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I love it! It's so cute, especially that research.
Thanks!
What does that have to do with anything and what would happen?
It functions as an easter egg, similar to the one on OTL's XBOX.
Yeah, that would be quite funny. How would it even be possible for a logo in the interface to be replaced for 24 hours?
Internal clock built into the system.

The actual origins were that I was eating chicken nuggets, and I ate one until it looked like the Apple logo. A few moments later, I took a picture of the nugget, put it through PhotoPad (another program I use), and now we have the Apple Nugget.

Last edited:
The layout for the "Panda" controller is as follows;
  • Directional wheel (stand-in for D-Pad, left hand side)
  • Action wheel (stand-in for ABXY, right hand side)
  • Analog sticks (both sides)
  • Shoulder buttons
  • Trigger buttons
  • Grip buttons (located in controller grips)
  • Home button (Apple logo, a la XBOX)
  • Plus and Minus buttons (essentially Start & Select, shared with the Wii)

Any thoughts?
Nice.
You're welcome.
It functions as an easter egg, similar to the one on OTL's XBOX.

Internal clock built into the system.
Okay.

Cool.

Can we get some posters/bumpers/branding stuff based off the Engines N-Gage era? I would really love to see how they would actually look like in person, and I already know the details. I just wanna see the actual stuff in action.

In fact, I could see N-Gage also use most of the hip-hop music that Adult Swim used in their AcTN bumps IOTL in these and the entire block.

Another though is that maybe The Boondocks could air on N-Gage, but air on the N-Gage block on FLUX And still premiere in 2005 as was OTL except just on Comedy Central until at least 2007, when it and all of the mature animation from WB moves to FLUX.
So, how does anyone think of this?

At least some. Some hits from OTL's Xbox (both old (yes, that includes Blinx the Time Sweeper, which I believe should do better ITTL) and new), a few originals, and some abandoned concepts from OTL.
On this topic, I'd really like to see Psygnosis' WipEout franchise on the Ambrosia.
(Think about it, both WipEout and Apple have futuristic themes, and Apple has a game console now.)

On this topic, I'd really like to see Psygnosis' WipEout franchise on the Ambrosia.
(Think about it, both WipEout and Apple have futuristic themes, and Apple has a game console now.)
You mean that racing game with the Y2K-esque aesthetic?

If so, then that would be the perfect fit.

Did you see what I wrote about the Dreamcast logo?