Henry VIII dies in 1527

VVD0D95

Banned
Agreed

Considering who the Dukes in England are two and the other is uncle to the intended replacement of Catherine you can be sure who she would throw her full support behind her brother-in-law, likely pointing to the fact who Suffolk is not only a Duke but also her daughter’s closest, English, male adult relative, true only for marriage but still he is the most suitable man for the job as husband of a royal princess
Agreed, I’d imagine that suffolks daughters would serve as Marys companions and suffolks son should he live may be an early suitor

VVD0D95

Banned
What becomes of More and Cromwell? I suppose the first better off and second worse unless more flexible.
I think More is protected. Possibly succeeding Wolsey as lord chancellor when the latter dies, if he keeps in good with the regency. Cromwell might fade or he may adapt

What becomes of More and Cromwell? I suppose the first better off and second worse unless more flexible.
Wolsey goes earlier. Katherine hated him, and if he's spreading rumours that she had anything to do with Henry's death, she's not going to be changing her mind. Plus, finger can also be pointed to Wolsey as the one blocking the Percy-Boleyn match, so Katherine-Anne will be teaming up against him (if the man's not a walking corpse already, he will be after those two are through with him).

More might get into office sooner, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The man was a fanatic, a fact that is often underplayed. He disliked anyone who disagreed with his point of view (his main argument was to cite "his conscience" as being the problem), whether this was his king, his wife or his colleagues.

Cromwell is already in with the Thames Valley Lollards in the 1520s, so he's likely "not Catholic enough" for More, even though Cromwell had yet to go to the radical Protestant he would later become. He might even share in Wolsey's disgrace (Katherine is not Henry, what need would she have for the "son of a Putney blacksmith"). That said, it'll be interesting to see because both Nicolas Bacon and William Cecil both trained under Cromwell IIRC

VVD0D95

Banned
Wolsey goes earlier. Katherine hated him, and if he's spreading rumours that she had anything to do with Henry's death, she's not going to be changing her mind. Plus, finger can also be pointed to Wolsey as the one blocking the Percy-Boleyn match, so Katherine-Anne will be teaming up against him (if the man's not a walking corpse already, he will be after those two are through with him).

More might get into office sooner, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The man was a fanatic, a fact that is often underplayed. He disliked anyone who disagreed with his point of view (his main argument was to cite "his conscience" as being the problem), whether this was his king, his wife or his colleagues.

Cromwell is already in with the Thames Valley Lollards in the 1520s, so he's likely "not Catholic enough" for More, even though Cromwell had yet to go to the radical Protestant he would later become. He might even share in Wolsey's disgrace (Katherine is not Henry, what need would she have for the "son of a Putney blacksmith"). That said, it'll be interesting to see because both Nicolas Bacon and William Cecil both trained under Cromwell IIRC
Oooh that’s interesting, would Wolsey be foolish enough to spread rumours thay Katherine did henry in?

Agreed

Considering who the Dukes in England are two and the other is uncle to the intended replacement of Catherine you can be sure who she would throw her full support behind her brother-in-law, likely pointing to the fact who Suffolk is not only a Duke but also her daughter’s closest, English, male adult relative, true only for marriage but still he is the most suitable man for the job as husband of a royal princess
So...Suffolk as king consort ?

Oh, Wolsey is so fucked once Anne realizes he stopped her from being with Percy. If he has any brain, he will shut up about Henry's death. Perhaps Katherine could see Cromwell's potential and get him on board for something? Or maybe Cromwell befriends Mary's servants or something. I don't know

VVD0D95

Banned
So...Suffolk as king consort ?
Oh no, he’s be on the regency council.don’t think he’d actually get the throne, whilst his niece is alive.
Oh, Wolsey is so fucked once Anne realizes he stopped her from being with Percy. If he has any brain, he will shut up about Henry's death. Perhaps Katherine could see Cromwell's potential and get him on board for something? Or maybe Cromwell befriends Mary's servants or something. I don't know
he’d possibly need to change his religion I think.

Would there be any attempts to put Fitzroy on the throne instead of Mary? He’s a bastard, yes, but he is male and in Portugal (and I think also Castile) a bastard boy has trumped a legitimate female line beforehand, so it might not be completely out of line. He could be legitimized as a Tudor?

VVD0D95

Banned
Would there be any attempts to put Fitzroy on the throne instead of Mary? He’s a bastard, yes, but he is male and in Portugal (and I think also Castile) a bastard boy has trumped a legitimate female line beforehand, so it might not be completely out of line. He could be legitimized as a Tudor?
I think it may be possible, but who would back him? He’s not yet wed to Mary Howard yet I don’t think. And I don’t think the blounts have the pull

I think it may be possible, but who would back him? He’s not yet wed to Mary Howard yet I don’t think. And I don’t think the blounts have the pull
The people who would support him could be the ones who would rather see Mary and Catherine away from the throne. Perhaps Wolsey? The French? Protestants? Although there likely aren’t strong Protestant currents in England yet. The revolt is unlikely to succeed, but I can see a revolt happening potentially

VVD0D95

Banned
The people who would support him could be the ones who would rather see Mary and Catherine away from the throne. Perhaps Wolsey? The French? Protestants? Although there likely aren’t strong Protestant currents in England yet. The revolt is unlikely to succeed, but I can see a revolt happening potentially
Think Wolsey would probablt support Mary, she is legitimate after all. The French might try something, such as a whisper here and there.

Think Wolsey would probablt support Mary, she is legitimate after all. The French might try something, such as a whisper here and there.
The French have better things to do, plus Mary could marry into their family, causing an alliance. Why would they put a bastard on the throne, it would cause a dangerous precedent.

No, as regent for his niece, who is still underage. Mary will marry at 15/16 years old to James V of Scotland or to Suffolk’s son Henry
Oh I see. Well if Mary marries Suffolk's son, Henry, who is 7 years younger than her lmao why the heck would she do that, then a different Suffolk will still be king consort