I love this! Most of the Tudors are running around trying desperately to keep the ancient Henry safe and away from the war, and it’s not working! And then the one daughter gets the idea to distract him with a shiner new project! Great update!

I’m glad you are enjoying it :)

Great update... I am starting to have trouble in districting in your genealogical tree (and that means who you are doing a great and very realistic job with it)

Thanks :) There is a family tree a couple sections back for the year 1570 if you want it. But yes, there are a ton of Tudors.

Section Ninety-Three - 1577
“Thomas Cromwell’s luck was just as singular as his famous Grandfather, Prince Henry, just not as reliable. To put it simply, Lord Thomas had either truly spectacular good luck or extremely awful bad luck.

He was appointed Governor of Glorianna five times, and dismissed from the same position seven times; [1] his first wife was startlingly out if his league, but the marriage would quickly end with her death in childbirth; he would receive Queen Margaret’s blessing to marry his second wife despite racial issues of the time; he completely disappeared off the face of the earth for three years from 1587-1590; [2] and sundry other events that will be covered in this chapter. [3]”
- Matheo Henrikson, “The 1500’s Was A Crazy Century, and It Was Mostly the Tudors’ Fault”​

[1] this is due to the fact that he was once dismissed from the position when he didn’t actually have it. He was acting as Governor of Glorianna after the death of Lord George Boleyn (Lord Boleyn was appointed Governor of Glorianna after Lord Thomas’s second dismissal from the position. Lord Boleyn would contract a fever and die leaving Lord Thomas the best option as interim Governor.) But Queen Kathryn was still rather ticked at her cousin and so dismissed him again.
[2] We don’t have a confirmed account of where he was during this time. Lord Thomas himself would only explain that he was shipwrecked, but where and how he got back he never explained. These three years have sparked many a book and movie.
[3] Thomas Cromwell would be one of the three Tudors that received their own chapter in this book. The other two being Queen Kathryn Tudor and Prince Henry Tudor.

“While Lord Thomas Cromwell, harried the Imperial forces, Queen Kathryn oversaw the arrangements to send the majority of the English army north. As with much of her reign she had to balance appearing strong and filling the traditionally kingly role with not offending the traditional gender sensibilities of the day. As such she ensured that the army was funneled past London, so that she would be able to visit each company as they passed.

It was here that the “English Woman” speech was given and many a historian credits these visits and the speech with the…. [1]”
- Thomas Nelson, “Kathryn Tudor and the Golden Era”​

[1] Spoilers

“These say that because I and my heir have the bodies of meek women, that this Spanish prince is more suited to rule this our home. But is not any English Woman the match of any Prince of Europe?”
- The most famous line from Queen Kathryn Tudor’s “English Woman speech​

Section Ninety-Four
Margaret and Margaret.jpg

Publicity poster of Margaret and Margaret

In universe there is already one musical:

Which is about Prince Henry and Reneé of France (if I remember correctly). Would people be interested in a musical about the six wives of Prince Henry?

It'd have to be radically different since a large part of Six is about how much Henry VIII sucked. You probably could keep the part about how each is their own person and deserves to have their own story told apart from Henry.

Last edited:
I finally just got caught up on your wonderful timeline and I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed all of your portrayals and characters of the Tudor extended family. I appreciate all of your hard work and creativity. I look forward to seeing the finale and how the various family branches will end up.

I finally just got caught up on your wonderful timeline and I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed all of your portrayals and characters of the Tudor extended family. I appreciate all of your hard work and creativity. I look forward to seeing the finale and how the various family branches will end up.

Thank you very much :) I hope the ending lives up to your expectations

Section Ninety-Five - 1577
“While Thomas Cromwell harried the Imperial forces, stalling so the Scottish and English armies could assemble, the various governments turned to allies in search of financial and military support. Scotland, due to its isolation for the past decade or so, found few willing to lend money. In the end, England would lend Scotland funds. [1]

With most of England’s hard cash going North, they too were in need of capital as most of England’s wealth was tied up in the colonies and trading fleet at this time. By no means was England a poor country, but they had limited spending money. Thankfully, Queen Kathryn had several extremely wealthy relatives. Her uncle, Prince Francis Tudor jure uxoris Duke of Brittany would oversee a very generous loan as would her great-uncle Duke John Tudor of Julich-Cleves-Berg. [2]

Emperor Arthur would try to turn to his relatives for funds. But, King Louis of France would refuse further assistance. [3] At the time there were no diplomatic relations between the Trastamaras and Habsburgs, and Castile was unable to provide support. So, Emperor Arthur was forced….”
Oliver Gotham, “Arthur and the Throne of England, Scotland, and Ireland”​

[1] These funds would never be repaid, and it time the dept would be remitted. This would act as Princess Kathryn Tudor’s dowry.
[2] Perhaps fifty percent of Europe’s economy of that time was controlled by these two men.
[3] Having already allowed the Imperial forces to cross France and use French shores to launch the invasion.

“For years people have argued on the motivations of Queen Marie the Mistress. Her actions led to the death of her brother and insured her position in the French Court. But then during Maggies’ War, she would wield her considerable influence [1] to encourage King Louis to stay out of the fight.

She had pushed to forbid the Imperial forces from traveling across France, but in this, Queen Helene was able to argue her brother’s case. But after the crossing, no further assistance would come from France.”
Duane Irwin, “Marie Stuart”​

[1] At this particular time, Marie Stuart, as the mother of the King’s youngest child, was the undeniably the most prominent member of the French Court. But as young Jeanne Stuart would age, Queen Helene’s would wax and Queen Marie’s influence would wane. This echoed the pattern of King Louis’s elder children: he was only interested when they were young. And the two Queen’s influence was dependent on the King’s interest in their children.

Section Ninety-Six - 1578
“It would not be until early 1578 that the English and Scottish forces would truly engage with the imperial forces. [1] But once they three armies met it, Maggie’s War was all over. The Imperial Army would suffer several debilitating loses, mitigated by two pyrrhic victories [2] and would depart England and Scotland by late May.

While the official peace talks wouldn’t occur until late September, Queen Kathryn was satisfied that England was once again safe for her daughter. She would send for Princess Margaret of Wales and her husband in June.”
Thomas Nelson, “Kathryn Tudor and the Golden Era”​

[1] Due to the Imperial Forces not attacking the South of England, and instead landing near Eyemouth, it had taken the two armies that long to marshal.
[2] The Battle of the Whore and The Battle at Kelso.

“The Habsburg’s had learned their lesson when it comes to their heirs and war; neither Arthur nor Charles Habsburg had traveled with their forces to war. This probably saved their lives, as several ships fleeing England would be sunk by the English Navy.

While they would never again use military might to push their claim to England, it would not be until seventy-six years later that would the claim be dropped. Emperor Arthur Habsburg would spend the rest of his life claiming the title of King of England, Scotland, and Ireland. This had an immense impact on the Imperial Court.

The prevalence of English in his court would see a rapid spread of the language. Many historians credit Emperor Arthur with starting the process that would lead to English as a lingua franca.”
Oliver Gotham, “Arthur and the Throne of England, Scotland, and Ireland”​

“Lord Charles Boleyn [1] was sent by Queen Kathryn to fetch her daughter home. He would find Princess Margaret unable to travel.”
Matheo Henrikson, “The 1500’s Was A Crazy Century, and It Was Mostly the Tudors’ Fault”​

[1] For those of you still trying to keep track, Lord Charles Boleyn was the eldest son of Charlotte Tudor, Duchess of Calais and her first husband Baron Thomas Boleyn. That would make him Prince Henry’s great-grandson, and Queen Kathryn’s first cousin-once removed.

“It is with great joy that I write with the news that the Princess of Wales will make your exhalted person a grandmother sometime near Michaelmas. The Lady FitzGerald's doctor assures me that the Princess is in excelnt health and.... ”
Letter from Lord Charles Brandon to Queen Kathryn, first known recording of Princess Margaret Stewart’s pregnancy​

Last edited:
“Lord Charles Boleyn [1] was sent by Queen Kathryn to fetch her daughter home. He would find Princess Margaret unable to travel.”
Matheo Henrikson, “The 1500’s Was A Crazy Century, and It Was Mostly the Tudors’ Fault”​

[1] For those of you still trying to keep track, Lord Charles Brandon was the eldest son of Charlotte Tudor, Duchess of Calais and her first husband Baron Thomas Boleyn. That would make him Prince Henry’s great-grandson, and Queen Kathryn’s first cousin-once removed.
Which one is it? :p

Section Ninety-Seven
Top Ten Things Named After The Tudors

And before beginning we wanted to clarify we mean things named after the English House of Tudor, not the Navarrese or Netherian branches nor any of the German Tudors.

10. The Hat

Traditionally a man’s hat, the widowed Queen Anne would wear her deceased father's hat frequently. This propelled the Tudor into popularity. It would enjoy almost two decades of popularity before fading during the reign of Queen Anne’s nephew, John Alexander. The Tudor would come back into popularity in the 1880s and never really went away. Recently the Tudor has been seen on the red carpet on the head of Christina Hendricks; possibly a hint that the actress has landed the role of Maeve Stewart on the Tudors.

TudorHatFemale.jpg

9. Street

The major thoroughfare in Alexandria is Tudor Avenue. It runs from Westpark to Highton and is often called the “most musical way.” Once home to nine different Colleges of Music—Tudor Avenue now holds five Musical Collages, six concert halls, three theatres, and plaza where musicians come to perform daily. Several genres of music owe their birth to Tudor Avenue—Glory, Soul, City Blues, Girl Gangs, and Classical Revival—as well as the current resurgence in Americana Folk.

TudorAvenue.png

8. Horse

Prince Edmund Tudor was an avid horseman. As a young man, he traveled throughout Europe and the Mediterranean. He would return with four stallions that all Tudor horses trace back to. Officially “Turkish” horses, these stallions probably came from Arabia or Egypt. For those of you that know horses, the Tudor is typically between 16 and 17 hands, most often lighter colored (grey, white, palomino, roan), level croups, long arched neck, deep chest, and long legs. If you are watching hunt chasing the chasers are either Tudors or Selle Français.

TudorRacing.jpg

7. TV Show

The historical fiction television series started in 2005 and is still going. The first six seasons follow the life of Prince Henry, seasons 7-9 followed Edmund Tudor, and it looks like next season will be following Alexander II. An incredibly detailed show, the Tudors has won awards for costuming and music. And it helps that all the actors are ridiculously attractive.

TudorsTV.jpg

6. Couch

Designed for two, the Tudor Couch is a couch with two raised ends (each functioning as a backrest), and nothing along the long sides. On a Tudor, two people recline facing each other with their feet either off and on opposite sides or entangled between. It isn’t really all that important, but the Tudor has been a favorite of mine since X-Men (1992) where the Professor and Magneto play chess while sitting on a Tudor. In popular media the Tudor Couch is the place for love confessions between love interests, or intense stares between nemeses.

TudorSofa1.jpg

5. District

The unlucky thirteenth District of Glorianna, Tudor is thevacation spot. The district basically 400 miles of coast, and is home to beautiful beaches, fabulous hotels, several world renown aquariums and a fabulous nightlife. Idyllic year-round weather means it’s never too hot or too cold. The rich textured culture, a mix of English, Hispanic, Native, and Chinese, results in fabulous foods and a fascinating history.

TudorDistrict.jpg

4. Castle

Built in 1630s by Prince Arthur of Wales, Tudor Castle was constructed in a style more at home in the 1300s. Tudor Castle would house various Tudors, Wettins, and FitzTudors throughout the centuries. An immense treasure of art would accumulate there at the hands of English monarchs. Schade’s Tudor portraits are displayed in the main hall of Tudor Castle. It would be there that Alexander the Last would retire after abdicating.

TudorCastle.jpg

3. Hair

Now technically the red hair would exist irregardless of the Tudors, but the Tudor have significantly affected how red hair is regarded. Redheads are considered to have a temper, be clannish, and charismatic because these are attributes attributed to the Tudors. And redheaded children everywhere enjoy the thought that they might be descended from the Tudors.

TudorHair1.gif

2. Bible

The single best-selling book of all time, the Tudor Bible encompasses three different translations of the Bible: English, Basque, and French. Translated on the orders of Prince Henry in 1560s, some of the most famous or influential phrases in the English language can be traced back to the Tudor Bible: “Your heart will be on your treasure” and “God with us, who can stand against us?”

TudorBible.png

1. Park

Originally hunting grounds for King Arthur I, Tudor Park is now 115 acres in the middle of London. Many things are found at Tudor Park: among the most famous are Statue Walk, the Alexander IV Memorial, and the Empress Anne playground. Every ten years the World Fair is held in Tudor Park. Then the quiet open spaces are transformed into a large international exhibition to celebrate the achievements of humanity.

TudorPark.jpg

Last edited:
Section Ninety-Eight - 1578
“Princess Margaret of Wales was in the middle of a difficult pregnancy at the end of Maggie’s War. Suffering from constant fatigue in addition to extreme nausea, many worried for the life of England’s only heir. Due to the danger of travel during these times, Princess Margaret and her husband, Edmund Tudor, would stay in Ireland with their aunt, Lady FitzGerald.

Queen Kathryn would send her personal physician to attend to her daughter, but the Queen herself would stay in London for the majority of the pregnancy.”
Professor Laura Anderson, “The Stewart Queen”​

“While the English Heirs will avail themselves of my hospitality for the remainder of the Princess’s time, the Scottish Heirs will be returning home. I will miss the little Prince, for he is in the express image of his mother, my deerest friend.

Though the childe doeth try my patience, he reminds me greatly of my departed brother Alexandre, and for that I can not begrudge him.”
Letter from Elizabeth FitzGerald to her only daughter, also a Margaret​

“Upon hearing of his great-granddaughter’s pregnancy, Prince Henry would at last hire a tutor for the sons of his daughter the Duchess of Buckingham. He would travel to Ireland to support his son through this difficult time.

Edmund Tudor may have found Prince Henry’s presence reassuring, but most of the rest of the FitzGerald household found Prince Henry trying: persnickety about Princess Margaret's health, ready to debate every he saw Catholic and to spread the Awakened word, and just exacting in general. Thankfully, his wife, the Baroness de Wiloughby was there to serve as a buffer.”

“Princess Margaret of Wales was in the middle of a difficult pregnancy at the end of Maggie’s War. Suffering from constant fatigue in addition to extreme nausea, many worried for the life of England’s only heir. Due to the danger of travel during these times, Princess Margaret and her husband, Edmund Tudor, would stay in Ireland with their aunt, Lady FitzGerald.

Queen Kathryn would send her personal physician to attend to her daughter, but the Queen herself would stay in London for the majority of the pregnancy.”
Professor Laura Anderson, “The Stewart Queen”​

“While the English Heirs will avail themselves of my hospitality for the remainder of the Princess’s time, the Scottish Heirs will be returning home. I will miss the little Prince, for he is in the express image of his mother, my deerest friend.

Though the childe doeth try my patience, he reminds me greatly of my departed brother Alexandre, and for that I can not begrudge him.”
Letter from Elizabeth FitzGerald to her only daughter, also a Margaret​

“Upon hearing of his great-granddaughter’s pregnancy, Prince Henry would at last hire a tutor for the sons of his daughter the Duchess of Buckingham. He would travel to Ireland to support his son through this difficult time.

Edmund Tudor may have found Prince Henry’s presence reassuring, but most of the rest of the FitzGerald household found Prince Henry trying: persnickety about Princess Margaret's health, ready to debate every he saw Catholic and to spread the Awakened word, and just exacting in general. Thankfully, his wife, the Baroness de Wiloughby was there to serve as a buffer.”
Dang...Margaret and Edmund's kid is going to be Henry's grandchild AND great-great-grandchild. That said, I hope both mother and child are ok!