Epilogue Eleven- whatIF.com
AN: As of right now Henry Tudor, Heretic and Father of Kings is second in the 2020 Turtledoves - Best Early Modern Timeline, so thank you all so much!

Epilogue AltHist A.png

Epilogue AltHist B.png

Epilogue AltHist C.png

I have reached Part 79 of this epic work and wanted to thank @Cate13 for writing such an entertaining story.

Also to predict that Prince Henry dies in Brittany, but then there is a row with the Navarre and English about where to bury him, and in the end parts of him end up spread across his family’s realms, becoming Awakening shrines.

I have reached Part 79 of this epic work and wanted to thank @Cate13 for writing such an entertaining story.

Also to predict that Prince Henry dies in Brittany, but then there is a row with the Navarre and English about where to bury him, and in the end parts of him end up spread across his family’s realms, becoming Awakening shrines.
The very first Protestant Saint?

Why thank you! I’m glad you are enjoying it.

Based on your last comment you are close to finding out for yourself. Let me know what you think :)

Part 104- Dammit, these onions are strong.

That was what I was going for. Thanks for your comments!

Hello everyone! I could use some help with onomastics. Say (this entirely hypothetical) that the heir to the Scottish and Irish thrones is a the grandchild of the current monarch and a de Medici. This person becomes monarch and kicks off a new Royal House. Would the Scottish change de Medici at all? Anglicized it maybe?

@isabella @FalconHonour @The Professor

Hello everyone! I could use some help with onomastics. Say (this entirely hypothetical) that the heir to the Scottish and Irish thrones is a the grandchild of the current monarch and a de Medici. This person becomes monarch and kicks off a new Royal House. Would the Scottish change de Medici at all? Anglicized it maybe?

So I have no expertise in this area at all but it seems to me like royal families are willing to change the names of their dynasties to appease people, although that is most evident in recent history. The opposites can also be cited though. The Bernadottes, for example, kept their French family name after ascending to the throne of Sweden.

Given all the promenant Norman family names got converted over time from French to Scots versions I'd say they would change ( Murray for instance started out as de Moravia, Sutherland as de Sudrland )

So I have no expertise in this area at all but it seems to me like royal families are willing to change the names of their dynasties to appease people, although that is most evident in recent history. The opposites can also be cited though. The Bernadottes, for example, kept their French family name after ascending to the throne of Sweden.
Given all the promenant Norman family names got converted over time from French to Scots versions I'd say they would change ( Murray for instance started out as de Moravia, Sutherland as de Sudrland )

I was leaning towards changing the name. So the next question is how to change Medici into something Scottish. And this is where I am completely lost.

I was leaning towards changing the name. So the next question is how to change Medici into something Scottish. And this is where I am completely lost.
Well that will depend also from the moment of their ascension... In any case McMedicis? Or you can have the first or second Medici King of Scotland going for Mac + his father’s name as surname...

Murdock?
Mackbeth?
Mercy?
Magnificent?
Cosmo?
Alba?

Wiki says: The origin of the name is uncertain. Medici is the plural of medico, meaning "medical doctor".