Henry & Katherine: Tudor Heirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My spin on the "All of Katherine of Aragon's children survive", an AU where she also had the same child mortality rate as her sister Joanna.

Here are their children:

1. Katherine b. 1510
2. Elizabeth b. 1510
3. Henry b. 1511
4. Edmund b. 1513
5. John b. 1514
6. Mary b. 1516
7. Margaret b. 1518

*Katherine's first pregnancy was believed to be twins and ITTL she will be correct.
Does anyone have ideas on who the seven can marry?

Last edited:
Am currently brainstorming exactly this scenario with someone else...

My go-to matches for the six:
John III of Portugal and Charles V for Isabella and Katherine.
Catherine of Austria for Henry.
Catherine de Medici for Edmund.
Catherine Willoughby for Ferdinand.
James V for Mary.
A surviving Ludovico, Prince de Piedmont or Hans of Denmark for Margaret.

James V for Mary.
Oh, Margaret's options are interesting. I'd initially planned for her a short marriage to Francis of Brittany which results in a daughter, and then she'd become the second wife of Charles V, but Denmark is looking like a good option. What happens to Isabella of Portugal and Madeleine of Valois ITTL, though?

Oh, Margaret's options are interesting. I'd initially planned for her a short marriage to Francis of Brittany which results in a daughter, and then she'd become the second wife of Charles V, but Denmark is looking like a good option. What happens to Isabella of Portugal and Madeleine of Valois ITTL, though?
Isabella will probably end up in a convent and Madeleine could marry Francis of Lorraine?

My spin on the "All of Katherine of Aragon's children survive", an AU where she also had the same child mortality rate as her sister Joanna.

Here are their children:

1. Katherine b. 1510
2. Isabella b. 1510
3. Henry b. 1511
4. Edmund b. 1513
5. Ferdinand b. 1514
6. Mary b. 1516
7. Margaret b. 1518

*Katherine's first pregnancy was believed to be twins and ITTL she will be correct.
Does anyone have ideas on who the seven can marry?

James V for Mary.
Anne Bouchier is a likelier match than Catherine de' Medici for Edmund Tudor, in my opinion...

And while the girls names are fine, the younger boys are far likelier to be Edward and Edmund in this order

Anne Bouchier is a likelier match than Catherine de' Medici for Edmund Tudor, in my opinion...

And while the girls names are fine, the younger boys are far likelier to be Edward and Edmund in this order
Or John, for John of Gaunt/ Katherine's brother?

Oh I know but I didn't want to use Edward or Elizabeth as I feared confusion with IOTL counterparts.
Fitzroy would need a new name ITTL...
Fitzroy if he will born will NOT be recognized…. Him being still called Henry is not too unlikely… And Edward and Elizabeth being excluded by the names of Henry’s children is ASB… Katherine will call her daughter Isabella all the time but her formal name would still be Elizabeth…
And would be required a lot of fantasy for mistaking them with the OTL children of Henry who are twenty years younger than them
Or John, for John of Gaunt/ Katherine's brother?
John also work

Fitzroy if he will born will NOT be recognized…. Him being still called Henry is not too unlikely… And Edward and Elizabeth being excluded by the names of Henry’s children is ASB… Katherine will call her daughter Isabella all the time but her formal name would still be Elizabeth…

John also work
So: Katherine, Elizabeth, Henry, Edmund, John, Mary, Margaret? (Also I know Fitzroy wouldn't be recognized but...if he is...more drama opportunities...)

So: Katherine, Elizabeth, Henry, Edmund, John, Mary, Margaret? (Also I know Fitzroy wouldn't be recognized but...if he is...more drama opportunities...)
The absence of an Edward is strange but the list can work…
An ATL recognized Fitzroy would get no title or a very low one (Baron or viscount at the best) and would lead a quite obscure life

Last edited:
The absence of an Edward is strange but the list can work…
An ATL recognized Fitzroy would get no title or a very low one (Baron or viscount at the best) and would lead a quite obscure life
Oh I was thinking Edward would still exist but as the son of Henry's second wife. I'm debating about her identity. Jane Seymour could make a reappearance - perhaps an ill Katherine can groom her as a replacement...but that's unlikely. Could Fitzroy become a man of the church?

Oh I was thinking Edward would still exist but as the son of Henry's second wife. I'm debating about her identity. Jane Seymour could make a reappearance - perhaps an ill Katherine can groom her as a replacement...but that's unlikely. Could Fitzroy become a man of the church?
I doubt who Henry would remarry here, as he has already three sons and too many heirs are NOT a good thing

I doubt who Henry would remarry here, as he has already three sons and too many heirs are NOT a good thing
His father had three sons (Arthur, himself, Edmund) and he was the only one left in the end.
I realize my scenario is that Henry VIII's sons by Katherine all live, but he isn't going to know that

His father had three sons (Arthur, himself, Edmund) and he was the only one left in the end.
I realize my scenario is that Henry VIII's sons by Katherine all live, but he isn't going to know that
At Catherine’s death his sons will be already married and at least Henry jr will be father of more than one child

I don't know, he did that a lot IOTL (Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Katherine Howard).
Excluding maybe Jane, they were NOT his mistresses, specially Anne.

What should I do about little princess Margaret's marriage if I don't want to butterfly Denmark or Piedmont?
Considering how much you will need to change around there, I would NOT worry for that, as both are easily influenced by the other events in the world…
Francis of Brittany would be another option for her, but I can nit think to anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.