Hearts of Iron IV "Fictionalization."

Russian Leaders
Similar list of Russian leaders to the British version.

Premiers of the USSR

Pasha Antipov(Communist Party of the Soviet Union) 1917-1924(Dr.Zhivago)
Josef Besstrashny (CPSU) 1924-1953(Rocky and Bullwinkle)
Yuri Gletkin (CPSU)1953(Darkness at Noon)
Dmitri Kissoff (CPSU)1953-1964(Doctor Strangelove)
Piotr Kamenev (CPSU) 1964-1971(Shoes of the Fisherman)
Alexander Romanov(CPSU)1971-1974(Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2)
-In the altered setting of command and Conquer: Red Alert. He feigns loyalty to the allies who put him in power only to betray them. Mentions a connection to the Romanovs. I imagine he is Natasha Romanov's father who sold her to the state and she plays a part in bringing him down.
Vasily Yermakov(CPSU) 1974-1982(The Yermakov Transfer)-Is mentioned as being friendly to the US and the book is about him being transfered into power, makes sense after Romanov.
Anatoly Cherdenko(CPSU)1982-1986(Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3)-Good Old Tim Curry hamming it up and leading a Russia with advanced technology including hover tanks from Battlezone and launching operation:Red Dawn. World War III here ends with Adrian Veidt launching his fake alien invasion from Watchmen, resulting in a ceasfire.
Andrei Narmonov (CPSU)1986-1987(Jack Ryan Series)-One of two Gorbachev stand ins. Though he falls more on the evil side due to the video game Mother Russia Bleeds about him being evil, defeated and seemingly killed by 4 player characters named Sergei, Boris, Ivan, and Natasha(in this case Sergei Kravinoff and Natasha Romanov from marvel Comics, Ivan Denisovich from One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, and Boris being a commando from Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Since he resembles Gorbachev he appears in Zangief's Street Fighter ending and in Rocky IV.
Gorny(CPSU)1987(World War III) Briefly restarts World War III after the seizefire.
Georgy Antonov(CPSU)1987-1989(Dirk Pitt)
Vladimir Soshkin (CPSU) 1989-1990(World War III the Movie)-
Another World War III made General.
Illya Nickovitch Kuryakin(CPSU)1990-1991(The Man From U.N.C.L.E.)-The second Gorbachev analogue, much nicer and brings down the Soviet Union.
Vladmir Kruschkin(Independent)1991-1996(Canadian Bacon)
Sergei Karpov (Independent) 1996-1999(The Saint)
Pyotr Chigorin(United Russia)1999-2002(The West Wing)

Presidents of the Russian Federation (2002-)

Ivan Krutin (United Russia)2002-2005(Monica in the Kremlin)
. One of many Putin analogues. This one has his career ruined by Monica Lewinsky(rather her stand in) also in the source material.
Sergei Platov(United Russia)2005-2009(Trinity Six)
Irina Vladimirovna Putina(United Russia)2009-2010(My Girlfriend is the President).
First Female leader. Why she is in charge is unknown(the titular Girlfriend President has an in universe reason that involves aliens hypnotizing people). I will say she is the adopted daughter of a Putin analogue. She is shown getting sick in cold weather, so she is likely put in an ambassador position so she is sent elsewhere, like Japan as in My Girlfriend is the President.
Boris Matveyev(United Russia) 2010-2012(Salt)
Viktor Petrov (United Russia) 2012-2014(House of Cards)
-Putin analogue.
Pavel Ostrov (United Russia) 2014-2015(Madam Secretary)-Murdered by his own wife Maria, who takes power briefly befor ebeing exposed.
Maria Ostrov(United Russia) 2015(Madame Secretary)
Boris Vorshevsky(Ushi/Independent) 2015-2016(Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3)
-Leads Russia during another War caused by Vladimir Makarov.
Salnikov(United Russia) 2016(Madame Secretary)-Moved up a bit to accommodate Boris from from Modern Warfare.
Valeri Volodin(United Russia)2016-2019(Jack Ryan Series)
Victor Zaitsev(Russian Star Front) 2019(Vanquish)
Vselovod Kapalkin(Russian Star Front) 2019-2020(EndWar)-
Another War Era Leader.
Nikolai Vladekov(RSF) 2020-2026(Shattered Union)-Carries over.
Nikolai Platonovich (House Romanov) 2026-2034(Day of the Oprichnik)Yes Nikolai of House Romanov returns. Tsar is reinstated.
Maxim Moskvin (Communist Party of State Security) 2034-2037(Metro 2033)
Dominika Egorova (Democratic Reconstructionist) 2037-2042(Red Sparrow)
Not in the Source Material but why not?
Sim Karnavalov (House Karnavalov) 2042-2077(Moscow 2042)Self Declared Tsar.
No Leaders 2077-2088-Due to the nukes flying
Nikolai Dvorak (I) 2088-2098(Judge Dredd)-Leads the Futuristic Megacity in what used to Russia. Likely resigns after the nations left join the Federation from Star Trek.

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas what a TNO fictionalization would look like? Let's say this would require Axis destroying Russia and ruling all Eurasia, but North and South America remain untouched

I have some ideas:
  • Kemmler tries to destroy the world through occult means, rather than provoking a nuclear war. However he still tries to do the nuclear plot that TNO!Himmler does as a means to gather human sacrifices to end the world
  • The celebration that kicks off the plot(Nazis land man on the moon, Hitler gets assassinated by an assassin employed by Himmler) should be construction of Nazi moon base
  • Martin Heussman poses as a reformer, tries to preserve Nazism but can get couped by genuine democrats in the "Gang of Four", should find fictional stand ins for each but one has to be a soldier(Treskow analogue)
  • Schmidt or Von Strucker as the Schorner analogue using Gerring to attempt to take overEurasia, and he has a subordinate that wants to take over the entire world and destroy US and Japan(remer analogue)
  • Nikita Dragovich and Yuri leads the ultravisionaries in alt-Komi
  • An older Anastasia leads the royalists in either Vyatka or Chita(in the case of Chita we could have it that she dosen't want the crown and is forced into the role by some ambitious general)
  • Francis Urquhart instead of Margaret Thatcher taking over if the Nazi collaborators win and crush the resistance AND hardliners maintain power
  • Henry Collingridge replacing Harold McMillian in Britain if the Nazi collaborators win and crush the resistance but moderates take power
  • Horton Boone leading the NPP-L in the US rather than Gus Hall
  • Storm Thurmond analogue being represented by Remy Duvall and can come into power if the RFK analogue is killed
  • Peter Vollmer leading the Yockey analogues(American Nazis and that wing of NPP would be called NPP-V)
If you don't know what I am talking about, refer here:
TNO on tvtropes
TNO characters list, also on tv tropes. Especially check out the stuff for Russia and especially Komi

Also would Hans Landa make more sense as the Heydrich analogue than Strasse? Especially if we do a TNO-esque scenario and considering what Heydrich does in the game. Strasse I feel could be more of a Bormann analogue.

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas what a TNO fictionalization would look like? Let's say this would require Axis destroying Russia and ruling all Eurasia, but North and South America remain untouched

I have some ideas:
  • Kemmler tries to destroy the world through occult means, rather than provoking a nuclear war. However he still tries to do the nuclear plot that TNO!Himmler does as a means to gather human sacrifices to end the world
  • The celebration that kicks off the plot(Nazis land man on the moon, Hitler gets assassinated by an assassin employed by Himmler) should be construction of Nazi moon base
  • Martin Heussman poses as a reformer, tries to preserve Nazism but can get couped by genuine democrats in the "Gang of Four", should find fictional stand ins for each but one has to be a soldier(Treskow analogue)
  • An older Anastasia leads the royalists in either Vyatka or Chita(in this case we could have it that she dosen't want the crown and is forced into the role by some ambitious general)
  • Francis Urquhart instead of Margaret Thatcher taking over if the Nazi collaborators win and crush the resistance AND hardliners maintain power
  • Henry Collingridge replacing Harold McMillian in Britain if the Nazi collaborators win and crush the resistance but moderates take power
  • Storm Thurmond being represented by Remy Duvall and can come into power if the RFK analogue is killed
  • Peter Vollmer leading the Yockey analogues(American Nazis and that wing of NPP would be called NPP-V)
TNO on tvtropes
TNO characters list, also on tv tropes. Especially check out the stuff for Russia and especially Komi

Also would Hans Landa make more sense as the Heydrich analogue than Strasse? Especially if we do a TNO-esque scenario and considering what Heydrich does in the game. Strasse I feel could be more of a Bormann analogue.

I had idea for three potential alternate universe version of the Fictionalization mod.

Earth X(Incorporates every alternate story involving a Nazi Victory including TNO)
Red Alert(Soviet Victory and/or Domination Earth) Basically Hitler moved to America and became a science Fiction writer and time traveller Jacob Barnhardt killed Adenoid Hynkel so as a result the Soviet Union has grown massive, starting World War II by invading Europe. What's worse they have Superman on their side.
A yet unnnamed Universe crossing over a few others, namely Timeline 191, all Confederate Victory timelines, All WWI German Victory timelines including Kaisrreich and a few others like Anno Dracula and Back in the USSA, which is a series that like Timeline 191 loves paralleling real history but happening in different countries.

Also I count these as further ahead in the timeline rather than alternate Universes but also a "Cold War Hot" setting in which Nuclear War broke out in the 1980's based on A Colder War, Hotline Miami, Red Dawn, and several movies featuring such an event. As well as a Post Apocalyptic Earth mod set after the nukes flew in 2077, that sees the Walking Dead, Daleks from Doctor Who, terminator, Planet of the Apes, the Stand, Hunger Games and many more fight for control of the planet with the goal of holding out until the Vulcans from Star Trek show up.

Earth X
The first divergence is Superman crashing in Germany and being raised by Hynkel, as such he becomes Overman, However, Superman feels crushing guilt over the actions of the Nazis and his hand in them and by the early 1960's start date planned for the mod, it is very likely the guilt will be too much and he will simply leave Earth(The Death of Overgirl, Earth X's Supergirl likely occurring and not helping matters), leaving a power vaccuum that will cause or worsen the chaos we see in TNO and Man in the High Castle as a result of removing a powerful chess piece off the table.

President Varney was assassinated in 1933 as per the backstory of The Man in the High Castle. Edith Keeler convinced his successor to abandon nuclear bomb testing, leading to the Nazis inventing the Atomic Bomb first(The Altered timeline from the Star Trek Original Series episode "The City on the Edge of Forever").

I imagine Russia actually still stands, with the explanation that Star Fire(or Red Star) is a radiation controlling Superhero that can create Red Sun radiation that weakens Overman.

Britain has fallen. The Englishman's Castle is a fictional tv show that is inspiring the people of an Occupied Nazi victory Britain to rise up.

The Nazis got the Aesir i.e. Norse Gods. The reason they still don't have them is because Spies helped by Loki caught onto the power of the rituals and began using them themselves(likely the Soviet Union), causing the Norse Gods to become violent and unpredictable and be sent away

Wonder Woman met a Steve Trevor who was a German Spy(as in the Injustice Universe) and he managed to manipulate her into joining their side.

Vandal Savage briefly overthrew Hynkel and took control of Operations, resulting in D-Day being a disaster for the allies in addition to the use of Dinosaurs and Zombies.

As in Wolfenstein: the New Order, BJ Blacowicz was put into a coma and Nazi Ixanian scientists invented the atomic bomb first and nuked Metropolis. Captain America tried to stop it but was thrown into the ocean by the Nazi controlled Thor. Blacowicz has awakened at the 1960 start date and is ready to lead the resistance from The Man in the High Castle.

Speaking of High Castle, the Nation borders at 1960 start date would be a mix of those and The New Order. Hynkel is sick and a power struggle threatens to rise between his successors. Kemmler is of course a big player trying to keep the homeland together and there are resistance movements led by Blacowicz, Henry Jones Jr, Batman, Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters(the personification of America itself who in DC Lore discovered Earth X and leaped there to join their fight), Captain America(Who i imagine resembles his Earth X Marvel version even though that Earth is very different. Why? because Earth X Captain America is balding, heavily scarred, has a scratched up shield, has lost most of his costume except the pants. Is draped in an American flag and has an A Carved into his forehead. An image which fits a lot better in this kind of world).
9a223e07e3f50ce5c849625e51ae280c.jpg

So as I said before the start date would be 1960 as most stories using the Nazi Victory premise are set around their, Wolfenstein in 1961, Man in the High Castle in 1962 so it will be chaotic. Now as for how to include Fatherland. I imagine that occuring in the event of Germany being forced out of America and into a position where they'd want to conceal any and all proof of the Holocaust.

Now to address things mentioned Kemmler likely attempts a ritual in melting down the Liberty Bell and destroying the Statue of Liberty as he did in Man in the High Castle and is assassinated before it is completed. Also by contrast on the Kaisrreich/Timeline 191 world he's much nicer and runs KFC(Kemmler Fried Chicken).

Also the reason Strasse is in the Heydritch role is because Strasse and Heydritch both lead attempts to continue the war after its over(Strasse in Wolfenstein, Heydritch in the Man with the Iron Heart) while Hans Landa, while I'd love to use him, would make more sense to me in the role of a famous Nazi Defector or Jew Hunter.

Last edited:
Some French, Italian, and Japanese Portraits
Gonna blast through what work I've done with France, Italy, and Japan in one post since all three of them are pretty barren.

oQSOVwO.png

Couple new generals for Free France specifically, coming with the Continue the Fight focus.

nPJ77Pa.png

Also now there's a non-aligned leader by default.

iQMrMTz.png

Italy's one thing it got was Benzino Napaloni replacing Benito Mussolini. However, Japan got to have a few more changes, most notably some new flags.

dRgr9mT.png

1bfOcck.png

I also added several generals from Code Geass, along with a democratic leader. I figured since Code Geass's alternate timeline uses a time system that adds about 50 years compared to the usual BC/AD system, so while the year in Code Geass is 2017, that translates to about the 1960s. Still a bit early, but close enough for me.

I have some ideas:
  • Schmidt or Von Strucker as the Schorner analogue using Gerring to attempt to take overEurasia, and he has a subordinate that wants to take over the entire world and destroy US and Japan(remer analogue)
  • An older Anastasia leads the royalists in either Vyatka or Chita(in the case of Chita we could have it that she dosen't want the crown and is forced into the role by some ambitious general)
  • Storm Thurmond analogue being represented by Remy Duvall and can come into power if the RFK analogue is killed
TNO on tvtropes

I've changed my mind on a few things and I'd thought I'd address them.

I'd say 1962 start date, maybe moving up Wolfenstein: the New Order events. Now I was thinking that both Kemmler and Johann Schmidt broke off, Schmidt forming his own Hydra led Faction. Kemmler does the same since he sees himself as more powerful than Kemmler, possibly still united with Grindelwald and maybe a Rasputin led faction to form a Magic leader alliance. Hynkel, to appease Kemmler, gave him a very small country known as Gran Fenwick(Fenwick in its source material has a habit of despite being only about 2 miles, doing many surprising things such as winning a war with America through technicality and winning the space race so it fending off invasion, with dark wizard Kemmler's help no less is fitting). I personally like the idea of Kemmler pulling a "Choosing your own Apocalypse" be it with nukes, a dark ritual or releasing the Chimera from Resistance: Fall of Man into our world.

Now Hynkel is old as in TNO, Woflenstein and Man in the High Castle and others. However he has a bit longer to do at least a few things. He has watched The Grasshopper Lies Heavy, both the film and the book versions(Amazon Series and original book versions of it) and will comment on it. An assassination attempt on him will be made by Rudolph Wegener under the orders of Wilhelm Strasse, though Hynkel can become aware of it and Wegener can commit suicide to avoid capture, preventing the discovery by Hynkel of who attempted to kill him(another possibility it Hynkel suffering from Alzheimer's and thus forgetting the person's name. Strasse is thus able to escape immediate punishment. Hynkel witnesses the construction of a New much bigger Nazi Moonbase linking the two existing ones Rocketship Galileo and Iron Sky. Hynkel then passes away in front of his adopted son, the Superhero Overman, seemingly of natural causes only for it to be suggested that he may have been poisoned. This has a twofold effect, starting the German Civil War(Kemmler vs Heussman vs Herring vs Strasse vs (Possibly) Hans Landa). Each has at least one supernatural element to balance each other. Kemmler has dark magic, Heussman is working on teleporting in things from other Universes, Strasse has robots and Herring and Landa will get something. Heussman intended to frame the death of Hynkel as an assassination by Japan to start a nuclear war but the German Civil War ensures that unless there is a clear winner, the plot may not be discovered.

America as mentioned is split along Man in the High Castle borders but with the Neutral states in the Rocky Mountains instead by the surviving US. Since things are so dire, parties don't matter, hence why the current President after David Kamperhaufe(Eisenhower stand in), a revered General during the war, is Richard Monckton. Monckton's birth name is Ferris F.Fremont, but he doesn't use it as it means his initials spell out 666 in number form(indeed in the main continuity he is the President who adopts Damian Thorn, the Antichrist(well one of them). Monckton's Vice President is James T.Cassidy, who is also using a false name because his father, Joseph P.Kegan Sr, served as President after the assassination of Peter J Varney in 1933. Kegan Sr failed to relieve the great Depression was convinced by Edith Keeler to end Atomic Bomb research, leading to the Nazis discovering it first. With the Kegan named tarnish, James and his brother Tim(Our Robert Kennedy analogue based on a Robert Kennedy analogue from Promises to Keep named Tim Cassidy, though as a double reference this would make his birth name Timothy Kegan, the assassinated President from Winter Kills). Monckton and Cassidy pushed the nation through the Hawaii Missile Crisis with Japan and like in the base game Monckton's likely to get impeached, however he has the added chance of declaring war on the Nazi or Pacific states to boost his popularity though with the added risk of being assassinated or impeached if it foes wrong.

The Nazi state is under Jake Featherston(currently the George Lincoln Rockwell analogue) and J. Arthur Grover, though John Smith is attempting to seize the position for himself with or without outside help(He has Kemmler's support but once the War starts that doesn't offer very much).

Now in terms of American Presidents aside from those mentioned there are two potential Lyndon B.Johnson analogues, Esker Scott Anderson from the Company and Arthur Fenstamaker from the Gay Place. A George Wallace stand in cane be found. The best I can think of is Charles Palantine, Presidential Candidate in Taxi Driver, which is based on the assassination attempt on George Wallace. The rest of the replacements mentioned are fair game honestly as this is more of an alternate Universe.

The only other reference I think i should mention here is Japan's Dai Li conspiracy is mentioned as being inspired by a tale from the ancient land of Mu and from context would be alluding to the Dai Lai from Avatar: the Last Airbender made even worse by Chinese rebels(likely led by Fu Manchu) using Manchurian candidate style brainwashing.

America as mentioned is split along Man in the High Castle borders but with the Neutral states in the Rocky Mountains instead by the surviving US. Since things are so dire, parties don't matter, hence why the current President after David Kamperhaufe(Eisenhower stand in), a revered General during the war, is Richard Monckton. Monckton's birth name is Ferris F.Fremont, but he doesn't use it as it means his initials spell out 666 in number form(indeed in the main continuity he is the President who adopts Damian Thorn, the Antichrist(well one of them). Monckton's Vice President is James T.Cassidy, who is also using a false name because his father, Joseph P.Kegan Sr, served as President after the assassination of Peter J Varney in 1933. Kegan Sr failed to relieve the great Depression was convinced by Edith Keeler to end Atomic Bomb research, leading to the Nazis discovering it first. With the Kegan named tarnish, James and his brother Tim(Our Robert Kennedy analogue based on a Robert Kennedy analogue from Promises to Keep named Tim Cassidy, though as a double reference this would make his birth name Timothy Kegan, the assassinated President from Winter Kills). Monckton and Cassidy pushed the nation through the Hawaii Missile Crisis with Japan and like in the base game Monckton's likely to get impeached, however he has the added chance of declaring war on the Nazi or Pacific states to boost his popularity though with the added risk of being assassinated or impeached if it foes wrong.

The Nazi state is under Jake Featherston(currently the George Lincoln Rockwell analogue) and J. Arthur Grover, though John Smith is attempting to seize the position for himself with or without outside help(He has Kemmler's support but once the War starts that doesn't offer very much).

Now in terms of American Presidents aside from those mentioned there are two potential Lyndon B.Johnson analogues, Esker Scott Anderson from the Company and Arthur Fenstamaker from the Gay Place. A George Wallace stand in cane be found. The best I can think of is Charles Palantine, Presidential Candidate in Taxi Driver, which is based on the assassination attempt on George Wallace. The rest of the replacements mentioned are fair game honestly as this is more of an alternate Universe.
Honestly, i think it would be better to just have a fictionalized TNO-like US instead of your proposal. Making such a weak US removes much of the Cold War fun a TNO-ish US is supposed to have. Instead, just have the same thing as in TNO but with a fictional flavor.

About the Nazi State people, have them be something in the alt-Yockey route. For example, John Smith could be, i think, someone who tries to bring alt-Yockey to Gran Fenwick's side.

Asia
Took a shot of swapping Asian countries. A bit harder due to there being less.

Armenia/Dacan(exercises)
British Raj/India
Cambodia/Vietmahl(Destroy All Humans)
China
Guangxi Clique/Kyrat(Far Cry 4)
Japan
Kazakhstan/Ardistan(Ardistan and Djinnistan).
Korea/Hun Chiu(Designated Survivor)
Laos/Lugash(Pink Panther)
Manchukou/Manchuria
Mengkukuo/Madripoor(Marvel)
Mongolia
Nepal/Khurai’n(Ace Attorney)
People’s republic of China
Philippines/Luggnagg and Glubbdubdrib(Gulliver’s travels)
Tannu Tuva/Kuala Rokat(Mission Impossible episode: The Seal)
Tibet/Shambhalla or Shangri-La
Turkey/Tazbekistan(Ambassadors…MI5(Spooks)
Vietnam/Sarkhan(The Ugly American)
Xibei San Ma/Yul(Hong Gildong Jeon)

Yunnan/Kuumandra(Raya and the Last Dragon)

Ardistan
Home of Borat in this Universe.

Dacan
A country featured in a Ministry of Defence Education Outreach Programme workshop. In the background to the scenario presented during the workshop, Dacan is described as being an oil-rich country which was once a British colony and is currently a member of the Commonwealth; at the beginning of the scenario proper, the government of Dacan orders the arrest of the leadership of a political party that seeks independence for the country's Chiswan province. The fallout from the arrests leads to a civil war breaking out, with the resulting closure of Dacan's airports and borders meaning that foreign nationals are stranded in the country; these include British nationals who are involved with Dacan's oil industry. The unrest, combined with a humanitarian situation stemming from a poor harvest, means that Dacan is faced with a major crisis that must be responded to by those participating in the workshop.

Hun Chiu
Hun Chiu could be split among West Hun Chiu(South Korea) and East Hun Chiu(North Korea).

India
India in this universe gained its independence following the 1898 Martian invasion. It is now a constitutional monarchy. The long lost Nemo family has returned to it, the original Nemo's daughter, Janni Dakkar, is technically Queen but the Nemo's still prefer to command the seas in their mighty Nautilus submarines, the fleet led be Armand Robur, who is the splitting image of the Classic Captain Nemo appearance. Meanwhile the Prime Minister role is taken by two men, Mowgli Sethi(The Jungle Book), and Sohan Bhai(Our Ghandi Analogue from the novel Happy). Bhai specifically is likely to nuke you, should he gain WMDs. It may also be home to the Midnight Children from the series of the same name, children who were born and gained superpowers when India was declared independence, basically being mutants. You may also have to be weary of a young and seemingly immortal but superhuman being named Khan Noonien Singh.

Khurai’n

not much to say on this one.

Kuala Rokat

Kummandra

yeah from a Movie that hasn't come out yet. May be one of a few places with access to Dragons.

Kyrat
An Absolute Monarchy, originally under the East India company in the source material. Is a monarchy with factions fighting for control.

Lugash
From the Pink Panther. Based on India but placed here.

Luggnagg and Glubbdubdrib
Yeah I'm thinking maybe the islands near Japan from Gulliver's Travels unite to become the Phillipines. The Gulliver Islands are the pending titles since most have fairly complex to spell names.

Madripoor
While I see Madripoor as a Singapore stand in, I placed it as Mengkukuo to have it active in the game.

Manchuria
Could be replaced but I chose to arrange it to keep the name Manchuria for the sake of keeping The Manchurian Candidate.

Sarkhan
The Vietnam war becomes the Sarkhan War. For a Ho Chin Minh analogue I was thinking Wong-Chu, who in the Comics was responsible for kidnapping Tony Stark in the 60's. Sarkhan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Shambhalla
Also known as Shangri-La Previously led by Father Perrault in Lost Horizon. Now led by Robert Conway. Also likely to include the Ancient One and Dr.Parnassus.

Tazbekistan
At this point just a name change.

Vietmahl
Home to the Komeer Beige Army, a parody and replacement for the Khmer Rouge Army. Led by Trahn, a stand in for Pol Pt. Vietmahl does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Mongolia
Bair Khan from Storm over Asia and Shiwan Khan, archenemy of The Shadow, are likely rival Leaders.

Yul
Admittedly this is from a Korean work, Hong Gildeon Jeon. Though I see a potential Hun Chiu movement to reclaim it.

Honestly, i think it would be better to just have a fictionalized TNO-like US instead of your proposal. Making such a weak US removes much of the Cold War fun a TNO-ish US is supposed to have. Instead, just have the same thing as in TNO but with a fictional flavor.

About the Nazi State people, have them be something in the alt-Yockey route. For example, John Smith could be, i think, someone who tries to bring alt-Yockey to Gran Fenwick's side.
Well the thing is the US just gained nukes and still has the middle of North America to work with. they could also be given enough buffs to possibly reclaim the lands taken from them. There are also the resistance in the Nazi State, canonically all this leads to the the Nazi US State falling apart in 1962, prior to Hynkel's 1963 death.

Well the thing is the US just gained nukes and still has the middle of North America to work with. they could also be given enough buffs to possibly reclaim the lands taken from them. There are also the resistance in the Nazi State, canonically all this leads to the the Nazi US State falling apart in 1962, prior to Hynkel's 1963 death.
Since apparently you aren't a TNO lore "specialist", let me explain it:

The US in TNO is supposed to be a major power controlling the Americas and Oceania, being pretty much a Cold War superpower. This isn't possible to have if you make it into variety-less Russia. Therefore, it would be better to simply have it as its vanilla self. If you are really interested in the US Nazis, just make so that the fail state Yockey route appears earlier, in 1968. This would result in that route having actual content, instead of just being vanilla preview or some easy-to-kill puppet. This is the same for the alt-Hall route.

Last edited:
Since you apparently don't know much about TNO, let me explain it:

The US in TNO is supposed to be a major power controlling the Americas and Oceania, being pretty much a Cold War superpower. This isn't possible to have if you make it into variety-less Russia. Therefore, it would be better to simply have it as its vanilla self. If you are really interested in the US Nazis, just make so that the fail state Yockey route appears earlier, in 1968. This would result in that route having actual content, instead of just being vanilla preview or some easy-to-kill puppet. This is the same for the alt-Hall route.
I've done my research on TNO including the entire of the tv tropes page and several videos online about it with note taking. The tricky part is trying to create a composite Nazi Victory Earth, namely with the Man in the High Castle which remains popular. Personally I think having three Americas that could possibly expand(declare independence in two), including one with nukes is more interesting since a nation at risk of being invaded with Nuclear Weapons is more likely to use them. You can disagree. I'm all for putting it up for a vote if anyone would have Man in the High Castle starting borders for the US or just TNO. I would prefer the former but with the possibility that it becomes the latter rather than omit one entirely.

I've done my research on TNO including the entire of the tv tropes page and several videos online about it with note taking. The tricky part is trying to create a composite Nazi Victory Earth, namely with the Man in the High Castle which remains popular. Personally I think having three Americas that could possibly expand(declare independence in two), including one with nukes is more interesting since a nation at risk of being invaded with Nuclear Weapons is more likely to use them. You can disagree. I'm all for putting it up for a vote if anyone would have Man in the High Castle starting borders for the US or just TNO. I would prefer the former but with the possibility that it becomes the latter rather than omit one entirely.
Since you want to mix "Basically Cold War America" and "Nazi America", i have an idea that i think would make a more balanced situation, even if at the expense of Nazi America and Japanese America. Basically, make Nazi and Japanese America be just the Deep South and Northwestern North America, respectively. Since i am kinda lazy right now, i will talk about the details in separate messages.

Since you want to mix "Basically Cold War America" and "Nazi America", i have an idea that i think would make a more balanced situation, even if at the expense of Nazi America and Japanese America. Basically, make Nazi and Japanese America be just the Deep South and Northwestern North America, respectively. Since i am kinda lazy right now, i will talk about the details in separate messages.
Alright I'll wait. I don't see why we can't have both. Most of the fun of HOi4 mods is splitting countries into different versions.

Last edited:
Alright I'll wait. I still don't see why we can't have both. Most of the fun of HOi4 mods is splitting countries into different versions.
Regarding reunifying America, it will begin with Superpower America attacking Nazi America and Japanese America in border wars. If the border wars succeed, Superpower America will be set to reunify the country after some time, as both puppets collapse. If they fail, Japanese America and/or Nazi America will face against a weakened fail state Superpower America, where, if they win, they reunify. If both Nazi America and Japanese America are set to do this, then they face out against each other.

Because in TNO using nukes ends the world, none of these powers uses them while in the Unification Wars. In the lore, it will be explained they aren't used simply because it would be suicide.

Regarding reunifying America, it will begin with Superpower America attacking Nazi America and Japanese America in border wars. If the border wars succeed, Superpower America will be set to reunify the country after some time, as both puppets collapse. If they fail, Japanese America and/or Nazi America will face against a weakened fail state Superpower America, where, if they win, they reunify. If both Nazi America and Japanese America are set to do this, then they face out against each other.

Because in TNO using nukes ends the world, none of these powers uses them while in the Unification Wars. In the lore, it will be explained they aren't used simply because it would be suicide.
That's honestly pretty much the idea I had in mind.

Really? Well, what do you think of my proposal?
I think it's good and should work for what we both want to happen as well as provide variety depending on the outcome in North America impacting the rest of the world when and if America returns to being a Superpower.

American Portraits
On the topic of America, we look a bit earlier, starting at 1936.

America_Varney.png

Peeter J. Varney is the standard leader in 1936, occupying FDR's slot, though I'll mention that if Varney loses the 1936 election, he won't be coming back, unlike base game FDR. Varney's picture is technically a picture of his actor, George Cohen, rather than a shot from the movie.

America_Windrip.png

Berzelius Windrip, meanwhile, is the Republican candidate in 1936. While Windrip can be played Democratic, he's also the default leader of the Fascist party. Given the MTG US focus tree, this leads in pretty easily. Windrip's picture is from one of the stage adaptions of It Can't Happen Here.

America Craig Stanley.png

Craig Stanley is a third 1936 candidate (woah!) and actually represents Independent parties. He'll also be the leader in the 1939 start date after some "trouble" with Windrip. If he's president he'll run for reelection in 1940 also, but not in 44. His picture is taken from the film adaption of The President Vanishes.

America_Smith.png

Jefferson Smith is the 1940 Republican candidate, from Mr. Smith goes to Washington. He'll only run though if Windrip lost in 1936 (and remained Democratic), otherwise Windrip will run for reelection.

America_Joe_Steele.png

Joe Steele, the Democratic 1940 candidate if Varney lost in 1936. There's something kinda funny about using the base-game Stalin portrait.

America_John_Lindsay.png

John Lindsay is the Republican candidate in 1944 if the Republicans aren't in charge already. In this case, his picture is of his actor rather than specifically something from the movie.

America_Thingmaker.png

Mikie Thingmaker, aside from being the potential Democratic candidate in 1944, is also the default Communist leader. His portrait though is Henry Wallace's from Kaiserreich, since Wallace supporting (or at least being okay with) Communism is surprisingly common.

America_Hockstader.png

Hockstader, portrayed with a picture of his actor Lee Tracy, takes Truman's spot. Currently, the Truman event will only fire if Varney's still in office and dies, though that'll be something that might change later.

America_MacArthur.png

MacArthur (namechange pending maybe) is now the default non-aligned leader. While this occurs in MTG USA's Fascist path, I just made it so he'll show up even if America doesn't do that path.

America_Ted_Scott.png

Ted Scott is this world's counterpart to Lindbergh and even uses his portrait. Currently he'll only show up in the same spot as base game's Lindbergh through the Fascist path.

Countries and their Replacements-Complete Map(circa 1993)
I popped over to another timeline called You the People which did the Fictional stand in rule as well. He had an alternate version of Yakko's world used to indicate which country replaced what. Now I think the actual song would be very different such as rhyming different countries but here's a rough idea of what the world around 1993 with some other additions thrown in. To Clarify this is not what I want the final map to look like. I think this is too much, but it's good for ideas. This will include replacements only. Though most other nations are still named the same(and some like Transylvania included).
  • Central America
    • Belize/Puerto Guavo(Joe 90 Episode "The Big Fish")
    • Costa Rica/Costa Grava(Chuck)
    • El Salvador/Boca Grande(A Book of Common Prayer)
    • Guatemala/Maguadora(Whoops Apocalypse)
    • Honduras/Anchuria(Cabbages and Kings)
    • Nicaragua/Val Verde(Predator,Commando, Die Hard 2)
    • Panama/Isthmus(James Bond: License to Kill)
  • Caribbean
    • Bahamas/Barclay Island, also known as "The Barclays"(The Deceiver)
    • Barbados/Saint Honore(Agatha Christie Novel "A Caribbean Mystery")
    • Cayman/Cascara(1985 Film Water)
    • Cuba/Tropico(Tropico)
    • Dominican Republic/Costa Luna(Princess Protection Program)
    • Haiti/Costa Estralia(Princess Protection Program)
    • Jamaica/Cayuna(Novels by John Hearne)
    • Puerto Rico/Santa Prisca(DC Comics)
    • San Juan/San Lorenzo(The Cat's Cradle)
    • Tobago/Saint Marie(Death in Paradise)
  • Atlantic and Antarctic Island Nations
    • Bermuda/San Marcos(Alarm für Cobra 11 – Die Autobahnpolizei)
    • Greenland/Tsalal(The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym)
  • South America
    • Argentina/Mandoras(They Saved Hitler's Brain)
    • Bolivia/Miranda(The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie)
    • Brazil/Diamantara(Michiko & Hatchin)
    • Chile/Olifa(The Courts of the Morning)
    • Columbia/Andes Mallorca(Strike Commander)
    • Ecuador/Palombia(Spirou et Fantasio and Marsupilami comics)
    • The Falklands/Pepperland(Yellow Submarine)
    • French Guiana/Nuevo Rico(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Guyana/British Hidalgo(Limekiller, Doc Savage)
    • Paraguay/Coronado(Coronado)
    • Peru/Parador(Moon over Parador)
    • Suriname/San Theodoros(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Uruguay/Santales(Mission Impossible Episode "Trek")
    • Venezuala/San Pasquale(Commander in Chief)
  • Europe
    • Albania/Freedonia(Duck Soup)
    • Andorra/Alsander(King of Alsander)
    • Austria/Osterlich(the Great Dictator)
    • Belarus/Graustark(George Barr McCutcheon Novels)
    • Belgium/Austrania(1914 film The Last Volunteer)
    • Bulgaria/Vulgaria(Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina/Kaznia(DC Comics)
    • Crete/Al Amarja(Over the Edge)
    • Crimea/Hav(Letters from Hav)
    • Cyprus/Mypos(the Perfect Strangers)
    • Czechoslavakia/Ixania(The Dark Frontier)
    • Denmark/The Southern Isles(Frozen)
    • Eastern Slavonia/Bandrika(The Lady Vanishes)
    • Estonia/Sokovia(Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    • Finland/Cimmeria(Conan the Barbarian/If on a Winter's Night a Traveller...)
    • Georgia/Pottsylvania(Rocky and Bullwinkle)
    • Hungary/Zubrowka(The Grand Buddhapest Hotel)
    • Iceland/Ahtollan(Frozen 2)
    • Ireland/Balinderry(The Six Million Dollar Man)
    • Italy/Bacteria(The Great Dictator)
    • Kosovo/Moronica(The Three Stooges shorts "You Nazty Spy" and "I'll Never Heil Again")
    • Latvia/Latveria(Marvel Comics)
    • Liechenstein/Drusselstein(Phineas and Ferb)
    • Lithuania/Baltish(Baltish)
    • Luxembourg/Dreisenberg(The Secret Service)
    • Macedonia/Krakozhia(The Terminal)
    • Malta/Themyscira(DC Comics)
    • Moldova/Borduria(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Monaco/Genovia(The Princess Diaries)
    • Montenegro/Syldavia(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Norway/Arendelle(Frozen)
    • Poland/Arztozka(Papers, Please)
    • Portugal/Neutralia(Arrival and Departure)
    • Romania/Ruritania(Prisoner of Zenda)
    • Serbia/Lutha(The Mad King)
    • Spain/Maestrazgo(Blog de Heraldica)
    • Ukraine/Charnarus(Arma 2 and DayZ)
    • Yugoslavia/Yudonia(Drake and Josh)
  • Middle East
    • Abu Dhabi/Abuddin(Tyrant)
    • Afghanistan/Helmajistan(Full Metal Panic)
    • Azerbaijan/Atropia(US Military exercises)
    • Bahrain/Ishtar(Ishtar)
    • Dubai/Duban(Mad TV/Modern Warfare 3)
    • Jordan/Hatay(Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
    • Kurdistan/Vudistan(DC Comics)
    • Lebanon/Oran(The Mark and the Void)
    • Oman/Qumar(The West Wing)
    • Pakistan/Adjikastan(SOCOM: Navy SEALS Combined Assault).
    • Palestine/Khemed(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Qatar/Matar(Florence of Arabia)
    • Saudi Arabia/Wasabia(Florence of Arabia)
    • Turkey/Kemalia(Military Exercises)
    • United Arab Emirates/Unaudited Arab Emirates(San Sombrero: A Land of Carnivals, Cocktails, and Coups)
    • Yemen/Kunami(Designated Survivor)
  • Asia
    • Armenia/Dacan(Ministry of Defense Game)
    • Bangladesh/Bahavia (Cory in the House)
    • Bhurma/Ragaan(The Embassy)
    • Bhutan/Kurain(Ace Attorney)
    • Borneo/Sunda(State of Siege)
    • Brunei/Bultan(Designated Survivor)
    • Indonesia/Sondonesia(The Adventures of Tintin)
    • Kampuchea/Iriadeska(The Day the Martians Came)
    • Kazakhstan/Ardistan(Ardistan and Djinnistan)
    • Kuwait/Qumran(Yes, Minister)
    • Kyrgyzstan/Tazbekistan(The Real Ambassadors, MI5, andSpooks)
    • Hong Kong/Kong King(Team Fortress 2)
    • Korea/Hun Chiu(Designated Survivor)
    • Kuwait/Qumran(Yes Minister)
    • Laos/Lugash(The Pink Panther)
    • Malaysia/Kuala Rokat(Mission Impossible)
    • Nepal/Kyrat(Far Cry 4)
    • Singapore/Madripoor(Marvel Comics)
    • Sri Lanka/Taprobane(Taprobane)
    • Sumatra/Patusan(Lord Jim)
    • Taiwan/Zheng Fa(Ace Attorney
    • Tajikistan/Takistan(Arma II: Operation Arrowhead)
    • Thailand/Udon Khai(DC Comics)
    • Turkey/Kemalia(US Military Exercises)
    • Turkmenistan/Turmezistan(Doctor Who)
    • Uzbekistan/Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan(Joke made by Herman Cain)
    • Vietnam/Sarkhan(The Ugly American)
  • Oceania and Pacific Countries
    • American Samoa/Caspak(The Land that Time Forgot)
    • Fiji/Utopia(Thomas More's Utopia, and Gilbert and Sullivan's Utopia Unlimited)
    • Guam/Guarma(Red Dead Redemption 2)
    • New Caledonia/Spensonia(Thomas Pence writings)
    • New Guinea/Banoi(Dead Island)
    • New Zealand/Samaru Island(Sea Patrol)
    • Palau/Panau(Just Cause)
    • The Solomon Islands/Rook Islands(Far Cry 3)
    • Tonga/Toga Toga Islands(The A Team)
  • Africa
    • Algeria/Birani(The Gods Must be Crazy)
    • Algiers/Bahari(Scorpion)
    • Angola/Samgola(Oh Shucks... Here Comes UNTAG)
    • Benin and Togo/Beninia(Stand on Zanzibar)
    • Botswana/Botswanga(Le Crocodile du Botswanga)
    • Burundi/Bangalla(The Phantom)
    • Burkina Faso/Bonande and Nayak(Night of Truth)
    • Camaroon/Lagosia(Mission Impossible)
    • Cape Verde/Atlantis(Various)
    • Central African Republic/Neranga(Rumpole and the Golden Thread)
    • Chad/Odan(Blindspot)
    • Congo/Bongo Congo(King Leonardo and his Short Subjects)
    • Dahomey/Dhomalias(Stand on Zanzibar)
    • Djibouti/Nambutu(Casino Royale)
    • Ethiopia/Zamunda(Coming to America)
    • Eritrea/Wadiya(The Dictator)
    • Eswatini(Swaziland)/Kivukiland(Mr.Bones)
    • Equatorial Guinea/Republic of Zangaro(The Dogs of War)
    • Fernando Pó/Fernando Poo(The Illuminatus! Trilogy)
    • Gabon/Guadec(Spooks)
    • Gambia/Baggi(The Odd Couple)
    • Ghana/Talgalla(The Real Ambassadors)
    • Guinea/Katanga(The Dogs of War)
    • Guinea-Bissau/Ngombwana(Black as He's Painted)
    • Ivory Coast/Bulungi(The Onion)
    • Kenya/Zarakal(No Enemy but Time)
    • Lesotho/Sotho(Kustenwache)
    • Liberia/Ligeria(Insecurity)
    • Libya/Carbombya(Transformers)
    • Madagascar/Genosha(Marvel Comics)
    • Malawi/Malagawi(Le Professional)
    • Mali/Lyrobia(Totally Spies)
    • Maore/Shakobi(That's So Raven)
    • Mauritania/Maurania(Paradise)
    • Morocco/Nmkwami(Changeover)
    • Mozambique/Vagondu(Smoke Before Fire)
    • Namibia/Nambabwe(oh Shucks...here comes UNTAG)
    • Niger/Numbani(Overwatch)
    • Nigeria/Nibia(Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls)
    • Rhodesia/Bocamo(Mission Impossible TV Series)
    • Rwanda/Equatorial Kundu(West Wing/Newsroom/iZombie)
    • Sao Tome and Principe/Balaika(When the Laughter Stops)
    • Sudan/Kharun(Danish TV Show Borgen)
    • Senegal/Kenyopia(Totally Spies)
    • Sierra Leone/West African Union(SeaFighter)
    • Somalia/Zanj(The Coup)
    • South Africa/Draka(The Domination of the Draka)
    • Swaziland/Suaoriland(The Secret History)
    • Tanzania/Sangala(24)
    • Tunisia/Ghalea(Mission Impossible Episode "the Money Machine")
    • Uganda/Wakanda(Marvel)
    • Zaire/Kangan(Anthills in the Savannah)
    • Zambia/Kambezi(Macgyver/Blindspot)
    • Zimbabwe/Matobo(The Interpreter)
NOTES
-Both Cayman and Cascara are British Colonies. One possibility is the 80's would see the Cascara Wars as an analogue of the Falklands War.

-Tsalal actually play more of a role here. As they are a people connected to the Mountains of Madness and the story of A Colder War, which has the Cold War being fought with Lovecraftian monsters, so the Tsalal in Greenland are actually quite important. This Greenland also might have a base connected to Santa Claus himself, who magically gives gifts to all leaders and soldiers on Christmas Day and Coal to the Naughty.

-Pepperland is another possible Falklands analogue, this time geographically. The idea being James Winston Pepper and his yellow submersible discovered it and claimed it for Britain and now maybe Mandoras wants to claim it.

-Peru in this timeline was the sight where the Incas fought off the Spaniards under the leadership of Emperor Kuzco and his Dragons(based off Tremaire). As such Peru, or possibly its analogue, may in fact be larger, to some extent mirroring the borders of the old Incan Empire.

-The original plan for Yemen was to have it split West and East instead of North and South(which also happens with Hun Chiu and is based on Yes, Minister), but I decided that didn't change enough

-The names of Dacan and Kemalia both come from Military exercises. Kemalia explicitly is the name used by the US for plans involving a War in Turkey.

-Utopia is a composite of the two mentioned sources.

-Cape Verde as Atlantis is kind of a joke, although if we needed an easy nation to replace to create Atlantis in the game we now have one.

-In real Life Swaziland became Eswatani but I chose to make them both separate in listing. Same is true for their stand ins.

-Ghambia was chosen to be Baggi because in the Odd Couple, Baggi is mentioned as having been formed "Yesteday". Gambia gained Independence the same year The Odd Couple play that makes the mention premiered.

-Nibia was chosen to take Nigeria's place because the Bat is sacred in both countries.

-Originally the ethiopia stand in was Ishmaelia from Scoop but the desire to fit in Wakanda and Zamunda won out. Ethiopia has a lot of history to draw from that wouldn't exist if Wakanda replaced it, so Zamunda was chosen for the role while Wakanda is in Uganda's place. I originally though that maybe in this universe Jaffe Joffer was a little closer to being this Universe's Idi Amin.

Last edited:
Hey haven't posted anything in a while and I sort of wanted to keep this thread alive. Was working on a smaller map of the US, though I'm making a list of Provinces in the base game to see which ones I can find stand ins for and its taking awhile. Anyway here are some potential quotes. Some of these a courtesy of a now dead mod called Fictionalization IV for Civilization.

If a nation is introduced to Magic

"Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality. Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore."
- The Phantom Stranger"

"Okay. But if I'm gonna be your attorney, then there are a few things I need to make clear. Like... you really believe in magic?"

"Oh, absolutely."

"And, uh, things like spooks and demons and goblins?"

"Oh, sure. And sorcery."

"And I suppose you expect me to believe in sorcery as well?"

"Of course!"

"Why?"

"Because it's real."

"How can I know that, Mr. Shen?"

"How?"

"Yes, how? Help me out here. Please, how?"

(Mr.Shen lifted up two of his fingers, a jolt of electricity appeared between them for a moment, startling the man before him).

"See? That was nothing. But that's how it always begins. Very small."

-Interview with Mr. Egg Shen

(Scene from Big Trouble In Little China, made a bit more vague to fit into any nation that may find it).

Introduction of Superhumans

"People of Earth. While you slept the World changed."
-Charles Xavier

"It begins as a single individual born or hatched like every other member of their species. Except they're not. They carry inside them the genetic code that will take their species to the next evolutionary rung."
- Mohinder Suresh

Introduction of Superman
"Faster than a Speeding Bullet. More powerful than a Locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single."

Greek Gods are discovered.

"Not at all similar are the race of the immortal gods and the race of men who walk upon the earth."
- Apollo

Quote during a Monarch being placed in an unpleasant situation.

"Heavy lies the head that wears a crown."
- Henry IV

Quote used during a Monarch prospering

"It's good to be the king."
- Louis XVI

Revolt or Revolution
"For word of hate let word of hate be said, cries Justice. Stroke for bloody stroke must be paid. The one who acts must suffer. Three generations long this law resounds."
- Strophe

Event Concerning a Play of Playwright
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts. "
- Jaques of Arden

Event Concerning Music
"If music be the food of love, play on."
- Duke Orsino of Illyria

Freedonia , an ally or an enemy goes to war.
"Remember, while you're out there risking your life and limb through shot and shell, we'll be in be in here thinking what a sucker you are."
- Rufus T. Firefly

Promotion to Modern Major General
"I am the very model of a modern Major-General I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral, I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical from Marathon to Waterloo, in order categoricalI'm very good at integral and differential calculus,I know the scientific names of beings animalculous. In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral, I am the very model of a modern Major-General!"
- Mjr. General Henry Stanley

Constitutional Law
"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a lawfirm, and three or more become a congress!"
- John Adams

United States, Democracy threatened
"Get up there with that lady that stands for liberty. Take a look at this country through her eyes. You'll see the whole parade of what Man's carved out for himself, after centuries of fighting. That's what you'd see. There's no place out there for graft, or greed, or lies, or compromise with human liberties."
- Jefferson Smith

United Kingdom, Ingsoc takeover.
WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
- IngSoc party slogans

US, Corporate expansion
"There is no America... There is only IBM, and ITT, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today."
- Arthur Jensen

Propaganda Use
"Well, of course it's not true. But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe, and I tell the media what to believe. It's really quite simple."
- Kane

Move towards Environmentalism
"You think you own whatever land you land on, and the Earth is just a dead thing you can claim. But I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name."
- Pocahontas

Archeological Discovery
"Let us ride with the clan down the street, by the courtesy of Frehdd's two feet. When you are with the Flint-Stones, have an \untranslatable\ time, an \untranslatable\ time, we will have a happy old time"
- Inscription found near Mammoth Caves, ca. 12,000 BC

Farmer Revolt
"Land doesn't mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin' for, worth fightin' for, worth dyin' for, because it's the only thing that lasts. "
- Gerald O'Hara

Printing of a Book stirring Controversy
"Books are not made to be believed, but to be subjected to inquiry."
- William of Baskerville

Breakthrough in Mathematics
"I count slowly, slowly, slowly getting faster, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, that's the Song of The Count!"
- Graf von Kaunt, noted arithomaniac

Another Nation's perception on America.
"If you ask me to name the proudest distinction of Americans, I would choose the fact that they were the people who created the phrase, 'to make money'."
- Francisco D'Aconia

Breakthrough in Philosophy
"I was thrown out of N.Y.U. my freshman year for cheating on my metaphysics final. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me."
- Alvy Singer

Bank Robbery
"What is the robbing of a bank compared with the founding of a bank?"
- Macheath "The Knife" Messer

Character Dies Young
"You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
- Lazarus Long

Growing Economy
"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit."
- Gordon Gekko

Mystery Solved
It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- Sherlock Holmes

Breakthrough in the study of Evolution
"The history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories, painfully, perhaps even dangerously. I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way." - Ian Malcolm

Nation recreates Dinosaurs.
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
-Ian Malcolm

Death of figure despite medical attempt to save him.
"I take risks, sometimes patients die. But not taking risks causes more patients to die. So, I guess my biggest problem is that I've been cursed with the ability to do the math."
- Gregory House

Learning Resurrection
"Look! It's moving. It's-- it's... it's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive! It's alive, it's alive, it's alive! It's ALIVE!. In the name of God. Now I know what it feels like to BE God!"
- Henry Frankenstein

Last words of Dr.Merkwurdgliebe
"Mein Fuhrer! I can Valk!"

Nuclear Weapon Creation
"Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing."
- Dr.Merkwurdgliebe

Potential Discovery or Dwarf Village in Germany
"Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, It's home from work we go!"
- tradition Dwarven miner's song

Improving Defense
"It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls."
- Epops the Hoopoe

Egyptian Archeology
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
- inscription on the Tomb of Ozymandias

Involving US Soldier training
"This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life." - ---U.S. Marine Corps chant

Industrialization in Factories and Worker Revolts
"Before that steam drill shall beat me down, I'll die with my hammer in my hand."
- John Henry

Music Taking off.
"What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, and I'll try not to sing out of key."
- Billy Shears

AI technology is invented.
"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true.
I'm half crazy over the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
but you'll look sweet
upon the seat of
a bicycle built for two."
- HAL 9000

Space Exploration Effort goes wrong.
"Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still. And I think my spaceship knows which way to go. Tell my wife I love her very much."
- last transmission of Major. Thomas Bowie

Robotics Focus Tree
"A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws."

- The Three Laws of Robotics

Time Travel implications(Not usable but referenced to avoid game breaking implications).

"The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves"
- John Connor

"The Future is what you make it. So make it a good one."
-Doctor Emmet Brown.

Jet and Aircraft Tech Tree
"I feel the need. The need... for speed!"
- Lt. Pete Mitchell

Spies and Hidden enemies
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."
- Keyzer Soze

Military Science.
"There is a great inertia about all military operations of any size. But once this inertia has been overcome and underway they are almost as hard to arrest as to initiate."
- Robert Jordan

Change in Style
"The conviction is gradually forcing itself upon me that its not a matter of old or new forms; a person writes without thinking about any forms, he writes because it flows freely from his soul. "
- Konstantin Treplyov

Shields
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
- Henry Dorsett Case

Cloning
"All in all you're just another brick in the wall."
- Pink

Marine technology
"The sea is everything. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion. "
- Captain Nemo

Cyborgs
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology."
- Oscar Goldman, on Steve Austin

Space Program
"On this site, a powerful engine will be built. An engine that will someday let us travel a hundred times faster than we can today. Imagine it. Thousands of inhabited planets at our fingertips. And we'll be able to explore those strange new worlds... and seek out new life and new civilizations. This engine will let us boldly go where no man has gone before. "
- Zephram Cochrane

Cybernetics Program destroyed or ceased.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
- Roy Batty

War in Sarkhan
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning! Smells like Victory."
- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Manor Farm Event
"All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others."
- Final Commandment of Animalism

Threatened by Crime Boss Possible Event
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."
- Don Vito Corleone

Future Technology event chain.
"We were making the future and hardly any of us troubled to think what future we were making. And here it is!" - Graham

And finally the Great Dictator Speech. possibly if either Hynkel is swapped or just the player goes down a very different path.
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost….

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. …..

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Kaze

Banned
Took a shot of swapping Asian countries. A bit harder due to there being less.

Armenia/Dacan(exercises)
British Raj/India
Cambodia/Vietmahl(Destroy All Humans)
China
Guangxi Clique/Kyrat(Far Cry 4)
Japan
Kazakhstan/Ardistan(Ardistan and Djinnistan).
Korea/Hun Chiu(Designated Survivor)
Laos/Lugash(Pink Panther)
Manchukou/Manchuria
Mengkukuo/Madripoor(Marvel)
Mongolia
Nepal/Khurai’n(Ace Attorney)
People’s republic of China
Philippines/Luggnagg and Glubbdubdrib(Gulliver’s travels)
Tannu Tuva/Kuala Rokat(Mission Impossible episode: The Seal)
Tibet/Shambhalla or Shangri-La
Turkey/Tazbekistan(Ambassadors…MI5(Spooks)
Vietnam/Sarkhan(The Ugly American)
Xibei San Ma/Yul(Hong Gildong Jeon)

Yunnan/Kuumandra(Raya and the Last Dragon)

Ardistan
Home of Borat in this Universe.

Dacan
A country featured in a Ministry of Defence Education Outreach Programme workshop. In the background to the scenario presented during the workshop, Dacan is described as being an oil-rich country which was once a British colony and is currently a member of the Commonwealth; at the beginning of the scenario proper, the government of Dacan orders the arrest of the leadership of a political party that seeks independence for the country's Chiswan province. The fallout from the arrests leads to a civil war breaking out, with the resulting closure of Dacan's airports and borders meaning that foreign nationals are stranded in the country; these include British nationals who are involved with Dacan's oil industry. The unrest, combined with a humanitarian situation stemming from a poor harvest, means that Dacan is faced with a major crisis that must be responded to by those participating in the workshop.

Hun Chiu
Hun Chiu could be split among West Hun Chiu(South Korea) and East Hun Chiu(North Korea).

India
India in this universe gained its independence following the 1898 Martian invasion. It is now a constitutional monarchy. The long lost Nemo family has returned to it, the original Nemo's daughter, Janni Dakkar, is technically Queen but the Nemo's still prefer to command the seas in their mighty Nautilus submarines, the fleet led be Armand Robur, who is the splitting image of the Classic Captain Nemo appearance. Meanwhile the Prime Minister role is taken by two men, Mowgli Sethi(The Jungle Book), and Sohan Bhai(Our Ghandi Analogue from the novel Happy). Bhai specifically is likely to nuke you, should he gain WMDs. It may also be home to the Midnight Children from the series of the same name, children who were born and gained superpowers when India was declared independence, basically being mutants. You may also have to be weary of a young and seemingly immortal but superhuman being named Khan Noonien Singh.

Khurai’n

not much to say on this one.

Kuala Rokat

Kummandra

yeah from a Movie that hasn't come out yet. May be one of a few places with access to Dragons.

Kyrat
An Absolute Monarchy, originally under the East India company in the source material. Is a monarchy with factions fighting for control.

Lugash
From the Pink Panther. Based on India but placed here.

Luggnagg and Glubbdubdrib
Yeah I'm thinking maybe the islands near Japan from Gulliver's Travels unite to become the Phillipines. The Gulliver Islands are the pending titles since most have fairly complex to spell names.

Madripoor
While I see Madripoor as a Singapore stand in, I placed it as Mengkukuo to have it active in the game.

Manchuria
Could be replaced but I chose to arrange it to keep the name Manchuria for the sake of keeping The Manchurian Candidate.

Sarkhan
The Vietnam war becomes the Sarkhan War. For a Ho Chin Minh analogue I was thinking Wong-Chu, who in the Comics was responsible for kidnapping Tony Stark in the 60's. Sarkhan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Shambhalla
Also known as Shangri-La Previously led by Father Perrault in Lost Horizon. Now led by Robert Conway. Also likely to include the Ancient One and Dr.Parnassus.

Tazbekistan
At this point just a name change.

Vietmahl
Home to the Komeer Beige Army, a parody and replacement for the Khmer Rouge Army. Led by Trahn, a stand in for Pol Pt. Vietmahl does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Mongolia
Bair Khan from Storm over Asia and Shiwan Khan, archenemy of The Shadow, are likely rival Leaders.

Yul
Admittedly this is from a Korean work, Hong Gildeon Jeon. Though I see a potential Hun Chiu movement to reclaim it.

I would go with Shiwan Khan as Fascist / Nationalist Leader.
and Bair Khan : Fascist / National Populism.