Hearts of Iron IV "Fictionalization."

German Reich-Fiction Elements
Since Dumanios started making Portraits, I thought I'd address examples of how each fictional element would probably come into play. Starting with the German Reich.

People
Adenoid Hynkel, Gorring Herring, Garbitsch- stands in from the Great Dictator of Adolf Hitler Herman Gorring, and Joseph Goebbels respectively.
Heinrich Kemmler-From the Dresden Files. Replaces Heinrich Himmler. A powerful dark wizard.
Dieter Vogel- the “Surgeon of Birkenau” from the 2010 film, The Debt. Based on and replaces Josef Mengele.
Wilhelm Strasse-From the Wolfenstein Games. Also a gifted scientist capable of creating giant robots, takes a Reinhard Heydrich like role.
Dr. Werner Von Merkwurdgliebe-German translation of the word “Strangelove.” The titular character from Doctor Strangelove before the events of the film. replaces Werner Von Braun.
Totenkopf-Scientist from the film The Rocketeer, combined with another Totenkopf from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Is shown to be skilled in both Jetpacks and Robotics as a result. He is shown in Sky Captain to be dead for some time and is using robots to carry out his work.
Johann Schmidt-From Marvel Comics. Would visually be the MCU version.
Martin Heussman-From The Man in the High castle, replaces Albert Speer
Ernst Joachim Eugen Rommel-Our stand in for Ernst Rommel(Strike Witches)
Ersnt Janning-Nazi war criminal and defendant in Judgement at Nuremberg, a fictionalized version of the Nuremberg trials

Factor Tree
Allow Women to join the SS-A reference to Ilsa;She wolf of the SS, an Erotic about a Nazi camp run by a cruel dominatrix esque leader. This did not happen as the SS didn't allow women but doing so will get Ilsa Schlimm as a sadistic camp leader.

Form the SS Paranormal Division-From Wolfenstein, headed by Kemmler.

Missions
Reach the Moon-Nazi Science allows establishment of Nazis on the Moon(shown in both Iron Sky and Robert A. Heinlein’s 1946 novel Rocket Ship Galileo. The Rocket Ship Galileo one is destroyed quickly after it is discovered while the Iron Sky one hides on the Dark Side, canonically it would be destroyed by brief President Selena Catherine Eton Meyer in the future using the USS John Blutarsky(in the original film the battleship was named after George W.Bush). A Doctor Richter is likely to be among the group working on Reaching the Moon as a character of that name appears in Iron Sky.

The Coming Race-The Nazi's hunt down and kill the vril from The Coming Race in the Earth’s core(something which happened in real life though what they are looking for actually exists. They also obtain a mineral called Vril. This expedition is led by a Scientist named Dr.Baron Von Helsingard, who is even able to keep his severed head alive with technology. The expedition and Helsingard are enemies of Dr.Robo.

Steal Jetpack technology-From the Rocketeer, the technology in question was created by Doc Savage originally but also studied by Howard Stark.

Advanced Robotics-Courtesy of Strasse, Totenkopf and/or Helsingard.

Create Superhumans-Various but one example is the superhumans from the comic series Uber. Nazi Superhumans tend to be a case of Quality over Quantity as they are fewer but stronger. Albrecht Krieger(Captain Nazi) from DC Comics is about on par with Superman and Captain Marvel, Mastersman from Marvel is about equal to the Invaders in power, and Stormfront from the Boys in both Comics and Movies was shown to be beaten down by three Superhumans. So Nazi Supermen are stronger than individual heroes but cold be defeated by teams.

Reverse Extinction-Based on Dino D-Day, creates Nazi Dinosaurs with machine guns on them.

Obtain the Ark of the Covenant-Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Obtain the Holy Grail-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. though in DC Comics, the Holy Grail was obtained by Japan and prevented Superheroes from invading it outright.

Obtain the Tesseract-Based on Captain America: The First Avenger. Involves Invasion of Arendelle.

Order 666-Aka create an army of Nazi Vampires from Hellsing. Headed by Vampire Alexander Vlado from Deutsche Soldaten.

Werewolf Women of the SS-From the song not the Fake film from Grindhouse(that's a real movie in this Universe). Would have to have gone up the Factor Tree allowing women into the SS.

Tsalal expedition-The Tsalal are a group of violent people who live in Antarctica, here in the Elder Things city from At the Mountains of Madness.

R'yleh expedition-Based on the Nazis finding R'yleh in a Colder War.

Haiti Expedition-From Nazis vs Zombies, an attempt to obtain Voodoo Zombies. In the film this ends in failure. These Zombies are the Romero type rather than the Voodoo Zombie type.

Trioxin study-refers to the Nazi Zombie trope as the Nazis are studying a Zombie virus, which they lose control of in Call of Duty:Zombies and Overlord.

Yucatan Pyramid Expedition- From Pathways to Darkness

Find a Stargate-From the Stargate franchise, contact with aliens possible though may be hostile or friendly.

Find Jewish technology-supertechnology hidden by a secret order of Jews in Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Find Atlantis-exactly that.

The Man in the High Castle- Chief Engineer Martin Heussman is looking into other universes, like the Stargate this is a high risk high reward scenario, whoever or whatever comes out from the other side may not be friendly.

Aesir Sacrifice-From the Novel Thor vs Captain America(no relation to Marvel despite the name) the Nazis discover sacrificing large amounts of people to the Norse Pantheon will summon a version of them that are on the Nazi side. The Norse Pantheon are brainwashed and so finding a way to break them out is possible(Thor here was originally a Red haired bearded man bu the Nazis magically transformed him into an aryan, now resembling his Marvel Appearance). The norse Pantheon can also be repealed either by the still around greek Gods as God pantheons tend to hate each other, or by the appearance of Kratos from God of War or Wonder Woman.

Plot against America-Kidnap famed Aviator Ted Scott's baby and force him to run for President and become a Fascist, if he rebels, kill him(The plot against America).

Kidnap Catskill-Attempt to kidnap Winston Churchill from The Eagle has landed.

The Kassen Secret- Ixanian scientists have invented the atom bomb and are trying to deliver it to the Nazis, the Allies are naturally trying to stop this(The Dark Frontier).

Finding Shambhalla- Based on Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambhalla, which involves entering the world of Anime.

The Man with the Iron Heart- Strasse continuing to resist in a Heydritch role from the Man with the Iron Heart.

Events

Doppleganger-A plot goes underway to replace Hynkel with a Jewish lookalike(The Great Dictator).

Trap the Von Trapps-Prevent or Allow the Von Trapp family singers from fleeing the country( The Sound of Music).

Convert the Kit Kat Club-Turn the Kit Kat Club into a propaganda tool(Cabaret)

Inglorious Basterds-An attempt on the life of the Fuhrer is made during the premiere of the Film Nation's Pride.

Downfall-Hynkel has locked himself in a bunker with technology that allows him to see the future, he is going insane as he frequently complains about everything.

Operation:Valykrie-An attempt to kill Hynkel headed by a German general with an uncanny resemblance to Tom Cruise.

Alliances
Alliance with Draka

Alliance with Gellert Grindelwald-From Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. Grindelwald is swedish and has a reign of terror that parallels Nazi Germany's(1933-1945). Allying with him could be justified by him being an Aryan wizard while betraying or attacking him could be justified as he is a threat to Kemmler's power.

Last edited:
Good Ideas for Brazil
Wow, I'm surprised nobody tried to make a "Weird World War" kind of mod for HOI4 before.

I wonder if the John Wyndham tales could fit here, such as the Day of the Triffids and The Kraken Awakens.

For Brazil and Portugal, the return of King Sebastião could be a focus tree, leading to the creation of the Fifth Empire.

Some ideas for Brazil:

- Lampião. Perhaps as a part of events that deal with Lampião causing trouble through his banditry, and perhaps eventually going "Full Pancho Villa" on the Northeast, leading a revolt of the poor and desperate in a bid to gain power and riches. Another possibility is that his skills in irregular warfare get recognized by the government of Brazil (or Hugh. or the Lizards) and he gets recruited by them. There were also other cangaço leaders at the time, such as Corisco and Ângelo Roque.

- Capoeiristas like Besouro. Capable of achieving epic feats and even acquiring "Closed Bodies". However, the society of the time frowns upon the Capoeiristas due to them being black and often considered rebellious vagabounds. Besouro is dead but is a legend.

- The Black President is a possibly useful work to incorporate. It deals with the US, but the start involves a device that can see into the future in Brazil.

- Brazil has plenty of UFO Sightings.

- Buchescraft Paulista, a para-masonic secret society emerged from the Law School University of São Paulo. They pretty much controlled Republican Brazil until 1930, and even then, when Vargas took over, they went fully clandestine and disappeared. It is said Getulio Vargas sent people to raid their archives, and when he read it all, he said, if I remember right, that there so many influential people there, that he would't be able to rule the country without these people. Perfect recipe for sinister conspiracy things.

- Brazil has loads of mythological creatures and godly pantheons. Plentiful material.

- Manuscript 512. Which ties Brazil and aparently, greco-roman ruins. May lead to the discovery of the Silver Mines, ties to Z and The Lost World.

- The Lost World. There were also reports of Nazis doing expeditions in the Amazon. Perhaps they too are looking for the Lost World?

- Lost City of Z. Perhaps Col. Percy Harrison Fawcett may be found there? Links to the Lost World?

Last edited:
Russia Portraits
Lot of fun stuff here. I imagine Grindelwald and Aesir content could be shifted if one of the Scandinavian countries goes Fascist.

I actually think the plot of Inglourious Basterds could be a decision or espionage mission the Allies could do against Germany, though Espionage content is DLC locked (goddamnit Paradox).

A lot of these could probably be transplanted to Argentina in the event of a Senor Hilter situation.

Anyway, some things I've done with the Soviets/Russia. For the time being just the base game leader slots (including not-Trotsky).

lKv6TUh.png

Josef Besstrashniy, known by many as simply Besstrashniy or the Fearless Leader, is this world's Stalin counterpart, and maintains just as much total control over the Soviets. His portrait I took from one of the Rocky Bullwinkle movies, I aimed to get a portrait that looked roughly fitting with the Hoi4 artstyle (at least, live-action working better than the cartoon) and I also tried to an image that looked not too German.

3fpnils.png

Ostap Bender is just adapted from base-game's Trotsky, maintaining currently all his traits and other stuff. If (big if) I start messing with focus trees, his traits and methods of getting him power might change.

wLPIV4Z.png

Melekhov... just uses a generic Soviet portrait, which coincidentally is also what Kerensky does in the base game. Since Melekhov is only a book character, I couldn't find any pictures of him with my weak google-fu.

JsaFTq1.png

Russia's greatest love machine shows up as the default Fascist leader, presumably explaining his reported death as a case of mistaken identity. Given that Rasputin would be an amalgamation of many different fictional iterations of him, I just went with a real world portrait. Helps that somebody made a Rasputin mod at some point, which only replaces Russia's Fascist leader + hasn't been updated in literal years.

B3wqpXr.png

As for Russia, their non-aligned leader is none other than Anastasia, who's death is also been an exaggeration. Though Anastasia would also be an amalgamation of several sources, I went with a Fate/Grand Order portrait for the sole reason of personal preference (well, that and any other Anastasia portrait would require permissions from other Hoi4 mods - it's a bit different when its a portrait made specifically for a mod).

Next up will be British leaders - I might mess with focus trees once I do leaders for the base seven leaders + China.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody tried to make a "Weird World War" kind of mod for HOI4 before.

I wonder if the John Wyndham tales could fit here, such as the Day of the Triffids and The Kraken Awakens.

For Brazil and Portugal, the return of King Sebastião could be a focus tree, leading to the creation of the Fifth Empire.

Some ideas for Brazil:

- Lampião. Perhaps as a part of events that deal with Lampião causing trouble through his banditry, and perhaps eventually going "Full Pancho Villa" on the Northeast, leading a revolt of the poor and desperate in a bid to gain power and riches. Another possibility is that his skills in irregular warfare get recognized by the government of Brazil (or Hugh. or the Lizards) and he gets recruited by them. There were also other cangaço leaders at the time, such as Corisco and Ângelo Roque.

- Capoeiristas like Besouro. Capable of achieving epic feats and even acquiring "Closed Bodies". However, the society of the time frowns upon the Capoeiristas due to them being black and often considered rebellious vagabounds. Besouro is dead but is a legend.

- The Black President is a possibly useful work to incorporate. It deals with the US, but the start involves a device that can see into the future in Brazil.

- Buchescraft Paulista, a para-masonic secret society emerged from the Law School University of São Paulo. They pretty much controlled Republican Brazil until 1930, and even then, when Vargas took over, they went fully clandestine and disappeared. It is said Getulio Vargas sent people to raid their archives, and when he read it all, he said, if I remember right, that there so many influential people there, that he would't be able to rule the country without these people. Perfect recipe for sinister conspiracy things.

- Brazil has loads of mythological creatures and godly pantheons. Plentiful material.

- Manuscript 512. Which ties Brazil and aparently, greco-roman ruins. May lead to the discovery of the Silver Mines, ties to Z and The Lost World.

- The Lost World. There were also reports of Nazis doing expeditions in the Amazon. Perhaps they too are looking for the Lost World?

- Lost City of Z. Perhaps Col. Percy Harrison Fawcett may be found there? Links to the Lost World?

Oh nice. You posted this while I was typing up the Russian stuff but that looks pretty cool for Brazil.

Lot of fun stuff here. I imagine Grindelwald and Aesir content could be shifted if one of the Scandinavian countries goes Fascist.

I actually think the plot of Inglourious Basterds could be a decision or espionage mission the Allies could do against Germany, though Espionage content is DLC locked (goddamnit Paradox).

A lot of these could probably be transplanted to Argentina in the event of a Senor Hilter situation.

Anyway, some things I've done with the Soviets/Russia. For the time being just the base game leader slots (including not-Trotsky).

lKv6TUh.png

Josef Besstrashniy, known by many as simply Besstrashniy or the Fearless Leader, is this world's Stalin counterpart, and maintains just as much total control over the Soviets. His portrait I took from one of the Rocky Bullwinkle movies, I aimed to get a portrait that looked roughly fitting with the Hoi4 artstyle (at least, live-action working better than the cartoon) and I also tried to an image that looked not too German.

3fpnils.png

Ostap Bender is just adapted from base-game's Trotsky, maintaining currently all his traits and other stuff. If (big if) I start messing with focus trees, his traits and methods of getting him power might change.

wLPIV4Z.png

Melekhov... just uses a generic Soviet portrait, which coincidentally is also what Kerensky does in the base game. Since Melekhov is only a book character, I couldn't find any pictures of him with my weak google-fu.

JsaFTq1.png

Russia's greatest love machine shows up as the default Fascist leader, presumably explaining his reported death as a case of mistaken identity. Given that Rasputin would be an amalgamation of many different fictional iterations of him, I just went with a real world portrait. Helps that somebody made a Rasputin mod at some point, which only replaces Russia's Fascist leader + hasn't been updated in literal years.

B3wqpXr.png

As for Russia, their non-aligned leader is none other than Anastasia, who's death is also been an exaggeration. Though Anastasia would also be an amalgamation of several sources, I went with a Fate/Grand Order portrait for the sole reason of personal preference (well, that and any other Anastasia portrait would require permissions from other Hoi4 mods - it's a bit different when its a portrait made specifically for a mod).

Next up will be British leaders - I might mess with focus trees once I do leaders for the base seven leaders + China.

Oh nice. You posted this while I was typing up the Russian stuff but that looks pretty cool for Brazil.
Alright. Also Anastasia's survival is of course an urban legend that's sadly not true but here it is and Rasputin is an undead Lich(at least in the animated Anastasia, in Hellboy he was saved from death by the Ogdru Jahad. Here I imagine he fell into the ice like in Anastasia, died, and then heard the voices and returned in his undead form.

I'm going to post some stuff soon about Russia "Fictional" elements. Also here have some portraits.
th-1.jpg

Melekhov
s-l1000.jpg

Pasha Antipov(the best picture of him is sadly a Getty Images)
artworks-000072133043-8yct9y-t500x500.jpg

Koschei the Deathless from a 1945 film. Though another version might be found.

Last edited:

Some ideas for Brazil:

Now I was thinking of doing other Mods tackling other time periods, but the Triffids and the The Kraken Wakes could be moved down. The 1950's would have a lot of alien invasions(Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Chimera from Resistance: Fall of Man, The Kanamids from the story and "To Serve Man" episode of The Twilight Zone among others). I would tie the Triffids with Audrey Jr from Little Shop of Horrors, making that plant a "Smarter than Average" Triffid.

Wow I like all these ideas and Honestly Brazil was a bit barren aside from the Boys from Brazil and Hugo Danner from Gladiator. The only thing is I didn't consider the Black President because of its Future setting. While it would be up the player to decide, I imagine the first black President in this Universe is Douglass Dilman from The Man with David Palmer from 24 or James Sawyer from White House Down in an Obama like role

Last edited:
Now I was thinking of doing other Mods tackling other time periods, but the Triffids and the The Kraken Wakes could be moved down. The 1950's would have a lot of alien invasions(Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Chimera from Resistance: Fall of Man, The Kanamids from the story and "To Serve Man" episode of The Twilight Zone among others). I would tie the Triffids with Audrey Jr from Little Shop of Horrors, making that plant a "Smarter than Average" Triffid.
I like the idea.

Smarter than average Triffids could be interesting, make them truly a threat even without the blindness. Triffids in the book are pretty much only a threat because most of the popullation went blind. The whole Triffids/Blindness thing is interesting, because no one knows where Triffids come from or how everyone was blinded. Book does seem to imply the Triffids are genetically engineered plants and the blindness was caused by a bio-weapon on a sattelite that got hit by the comets, but its intentionally open-ended and the Triffids seem a little too smart. There are theories that the whole thing is an alien invasion and the Triffids were just waiting for the signal and the blindness to begin their grisly work.
Wow I like all these ideas and Honestly Brazil was a bit barren aside from the Boys from Brazil and Hugo Danner from Gladiator. The only thing is I didn't consider the Black President because of its Future setting. While it would be up the player to decide, I imagine the first black President in this Universe is Douglass Dilman from The Man with David Palmer from 24 or James Sawyer from White House Down in an Obama like role
Well from the Black President, you could use the "Porviroscópio" made by Doctor Benson. Being able to watch the future seems like a pretty nifty thing, allowing for things like predicting events to come, looking at future technological blueprints and other such uses. Althrough the future might be in flux, stopping the more hax uses.

Russia-Fiction Elements
People
Rasputin-From various sources but mostly from Anastasia and Hellboy. Is now an undead Lich.
Pasha Antipov-From Dr.Zhivago, this timeline's Vladimir Lenin. Has been cursed by his former ally Rasputin into a deep coma like sleep.
Ataman Burnash, Sidor Lyuty-Warlords from The Elusive Avengers that are likely dead in the early 20's but are rumored to be alive. The Elusive Avengers, themselves are a team that protects Russia.
Grigori Melekhov-From And Quiet flows the Don. Melekhov is reportedly based on two Cossacks from Veshenskaya, Pavel Nazarovich Kudinov and Kharlampii Vasilyevich Yermakov, who were key figures in the anti-Bolshevist struggle of the upper Don
Fyodor Sukhov-From White Sun in the Desert. A General. Since Russian Cosmonauts watch this film before going into space, Sukhov could become an Astronaut.
Klavdia Vavilova-From Commissar, a 1967 film. She is semi clairevoyant and is a political advisor able to see the future, but usually disaste, such as the fate of the Jews in the coming World War.
Fearless Leader-From Rocky and Bullwinkle, replaces Joseph Stalin. Likely gets you Boris and Natasha as free spies.
Ostap Bender-From The Little Golden Calf and other stories. Replaces Leon Trotsky.
Nikolai Rubashov-From Darkness at Noon. Represents several of the old Bolsheviks kills in Stalin's 1938 purges. Who knows he might end up surviving if he is either not killed in Purges or Bender or Antipov return.
Pavel Korchagin-From How the Steel was tempered. Fights on the side of the Bolsheviks in the Russian Civil War, making him likely to be loyal to Bender and Antipov but a target for Fearless Leader's purges.
Filipp Preobrazhensky-From Heart of a Dog. Scientist that turns a dog into a human, here he is carrying out the work of Dr.Moreau.
Timur Gaidar-From Timur and His Squad, a young boy who leads the Timurite movement or children(a movement based on the source book). Timur in this context I imagine him leading his small gang to become a type or proto Kids Next Door.
Professor Woland-From the Master and the Margerita. Enigmatic Professor who may or may not be the devil himself. He has witches,Vampires and a giant cat at his command. As such any attempt to capture or execute him is likely to end in him bursting into flames and disappearing.
Maxim Isaev- Spy which infiltrates Nazi Germany as Max Otto Von Stierlitz in Seventeen Moments of Spring.
Gregory Arkaddin-Weapon dealer from Mr.Arkaddin. Played by Orson Welles and based on Joseph Stalin.
Dmitri Kissoff-name is from Dr.Strangelove but he is not seen in that. Replaces Nikita Kruschev. Visually takes his appearance from The Death of Stalin.
Varlam Aravidze-From Repentance, likely takes Vyacheslav Molotov's role, though the Molotov cocktail is possibly renamed to the Melekhov cocktail, after Grigori Melekhov.
Bela Razinin-From Ninotchka, played by Bela Lugosi and replaces Laventriy Beria
Yuri Gletkin-From Darkness at Noon, replaces Georgy Malekhov, though the Death of Stalin portrayal is likely to be used.
Georgi Kukov-From Command and Conquer Red Alert 1. Soviet general based on Georgi Zhukov, fights an alternate World War II in the game.

Factor Tree
Study Death Ray technology-From the Gavin Death Ray. Gavin was a Russian engineer that attempted to take over the world, while he was defeated. That technology is now being studied.
Massive Growth Technology-From The Fatal Eggs. which involves a way to cause things to be massively reproduced, accidentally resulting in a mass of violent snakes. While the scientist and the technology was destroyed. the Mass Production technology is being studied.
Moreausim-Make animals intelligent, based on Heart of a Dog specifically.
First on the Moon-A plan to land on the Moon by 1938. Based on the film First on the Moon where the Soviets landed on the Moon first in 1938 but it was covered up.
Starfire-Not the Teen Titans alien princess but the Russian superhero character. He is created via experimentation and can control energy, though other Russian Superheroes. He is also known as Red Star. Other Superheroes could include The Guardians of the 2017 film.
Find Magic Schools. This includes the Scientific Institute of Sorcery and Wizardry-Allows Soviet wizards, could also include Durmstrang from Harry Potter and Scientific Universal Institute of Extraordinary Services, a NIICHAVO subsidiary in Kitezhgrad(From Charodei).
Expect Professor Woland as the Headmaster.
Find the Baba Yaga
Find Koschei the Deathless
Seventeen Moments of Spring-From the series of the same name, involves undercover agent Maxim Isaev attempt to and very nearly succeed in negotiating an end to World War II(Himmler is all for ending the war on the western front so they could focus on the Soviet Union but Hitler finds out about it and puts a stop to the talks).
Infiltrate America-This includes placing Johhny Iselin(our McCarthy analogue as a Soviet Agent).
Form the Red Room-Start training female spies(Marvel Comics).
artifact hunt-Send Irina Spalko to retrieve magical artifacts.
Russian Sleep Experiment-Enough said.
Create the Winter Soldier-Also from Marvel Comics.
Old One Research-Based on a Colder War.

Events
The Last wish-Vinewood Director Leo Andeyev, a russian, is willing to make films for the Soviet Union in exchange for the Tsar's cousin Sergius Alexander being recognized with full honors post mortem. He is a great director but getting him would mean honoring a traitor(The Last Command, 1928 film).
Antipov returns-The mad scientist Zantafio had revived Antipov's corpse, except its actually a double and the KGB doesn't want people to find out.(Spirou & Fantasio). However a revived Antipov could either vow to crush capitalism(The Simpsons) or choose to become a Pundit(The Great Red Adventure).
The Blocks-Strange multicolored blocks have begun falling from the sky. They can be used for construction, saving time and resources or simply destroyed(Tetris and also to an extent A Complete History of the Soviet Union Arranged to the Melody of Tetris).
A mad scientist named Professor Bayley is steal the fresh air from the atmosphere around Russia in order to sell it. He claims to be working with the Western powers as well as Martians. These claims are debatable (The Air Seller).
Repeal Alien Invasion-Martians invade and Russia must defeat them. Based on Stalin vs Martians, here the Martians are part of the 1938 invasion from War of the Worlds.
Burt Gurney wants to defeat to the Soviet Union, will you help him(Hail Caesar).

Alliances
Alliance with Bair Khan's Mongolia-From Storm over Asia. Though Bair Khan has the chance of being usurped by Shiwan Khan, the Shadow's arch nemesis and descendant of Genghis Khan.
Split Arztozka-Would result in Arztozka's state in Papers, Please.

Last edited:
The Blocks-Strange multicolored blocks have begun falling from the sky. They can be used for construction, saving time and resources or simply destroyed(Tetris and also to an extent A Complete History of the Soviet Union Arranged to the Melody of Tetris).
Tetris? That was the one game, I would have the least expected to turn up here...
But, then as you're already including super heroes, wizards, and mad scientists why not?

Countries K-M

Countries K-M​

Kazakhstan/Ardistan(Ardistan and Djinnistan). Ardistan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Kenya/Zarakal(No Enemy but Time)Zarakal does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Korea/Hun Chiu(Designated Surivor). Hun Chiu could be split among West Hun Chiu(South Korea) and East Hun Chiu(North Korea).Hun Chiu does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Laos-No Replacement Yet. Laos does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Latvia-No Replacement Yet. Though Latveria is not out of the question.
Libya/Carbombya(Transformers) Carbombya does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Lebanon - No Replacement Yet. Lebanon does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Liberia/Ligeria(Insecurity)
Lithuania/Baltish(Baltish)
Baltish is a Lithuanian Tv Show which makes the titular country out to be a parody of Lithuania.
Luxembourg-No Replacement yet.
Manchukou-No Replacement Yet.
Mengkukuo-No Replacement Yet.
Mexico-No Replacement yet. Will definitely get some flavoring. Ostap Bender can become a leader of it though.
Montenegro/Syldavia(the Adventures of Tintin)
Mongolia-
No Replacement Yet. Bair Khan from Storm over Asia and Shiwan Khan, archenemy of The Shadow, are likely enemies.
Mozambique/Gorotoland(Capable of Honor)A Communist country in the source material. Gorotoland does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Countries N-P

Countries N-P​

Nepal-No Replacement Yet. Though the plan is is is replaced by someplace like Shambhalla(i.e. Shangri-La)
Netherlands-No Replacement Yet.
Nicaragua-No Replacement Yet.
Norway/Arendelle(Frozen). Will have the ability to summon the Norse Gods. Should probably have a member of the royal family with Ice Powers who is a descendant of Anna and Elsa.
New Zealand-No Replacement yet. New Zealand is a dominion of United Kingdom at 1936 start
Oman-No Replacement Yet.
Pakistan/Qumran(Yes Minister)Qumran does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Palestine/Khemed(the Adventures of Tintin) Khemed does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Panama/Isthmus(James Bond film "License to Kill)
Paraguay-No Replacement Yet.
People's Republic of China
Peru-
No Replacement Yet. In this universe, the Incas repelled the Spaniards with Dragons under the leadership of Emperor Kuzco, events based on Tremaire. As such the Inca have their old borders, or something close to it.
Philippines-No Replacement Yet. Though the first that comes to mind is a handful of the islands from Gulliver's travels as they would be near there except for a select few.
Poland/Arztozka(Papers, Please)
Portugal-
No replacement yet, was thinking Neutralia, from Arrival and Departure.
Puerto Rico- No Replacement Yet. Puerto Rico is a U.S colony at 1936 start

Countries R-S

Countries R-S​

Romania/Ruritania(Rupert of Henztau and Prisoner of Zenda). Transylvania is independent and is likely an "Unofficial" Vampire homeland.
Saudi Arabia/Quma(The West Wing, or alternatively Wasabia from Florence of Arabia).
Serbia/Lutha(The Mad King)(Was going to go with Servia from A Princess of Servia but Lutha is a bit more well known, also Wold Newton Universe, while I disagree with most of it, gives Lex Luthor a connection to Lutha, and the idea of Lex Luthor declaring himself the rightful heir of a European nation on the same continent as Doctor Doom was too good to pass up). Lutha does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Shanxi-No Replacement Yet.
Siam-No replacement Yet.
Sinkiang-No replacement Yet.
Slovakia/Latveria(Marvel Comics, alternatively Slovakia is instead Sokovia and Latveria takes the role of Latvia).
South Africa/Draka(The Domination of the Draka) The Draka here are independent. Most of their history is roughly the same, it is a land of exiles. When slavery was outlawed instead of changing the name to "Serfs" they instead fought for independence and won due to being already quite powerful by then. In 1942, the Race from Worldwar invade South Africa, meaning the Draka have to fight them off. Draka also has a potential rival in Wakanda if they get involved.
Spain-No Replacement Yet. Honestly I feel like I need a Franscisco Franco replacement at least since he has a chance of joining the Axis and it would be weird if he was not replaced. No idea who though. I'm open to suggestions, same goes for any potential leaders for countries.
Sweden-No Replacement Yet. Frozen tie in material does have one but I don't think its a big name enough to replace. the only character I think should be added is Pippi Longstocking, who may turn up somewhere. I see her as the kid version of Mary Poppins or the Cat in the Hat, a quasi magical being who shows up with a pet monkey and a horse to make an individual's life better, though for this to work the person she visits is a world leader. Think something along the lines of an event in which the three ghosts of Christmas show up to Adenoid Hynkel and try to convince him to change his ways.
Switzerland-No Replacement Yet.
Syria/Bialya(DC Comics) Should have Queen Bee or an analogue running it, Queen Bee usually runs Bialya with mind control and is either psychic or an alien with an army of bee like drones. Bialya does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Countries T-Z

Countries T-Z​

Tannu Tuva-No replacement Yet.
Tibet-No Replacement Yet, could be replaced with Shambhalla. Will at least have access to Tibetan Monks.
Turkey-No Replacement Yet, though the possible one is Kemalia from US Military Exercises(Basically most Countries have plans in case they go to war with or become involved in a conflict and Kemalia is the US's name for if they become involved in a conflict in Turkey.
Ukraine Ukraine does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Uruguay-No Replacement yet.
Venezuela- No Replacement yet.
Vietnam/Sarkhan(The Ugly American)-The Vietnam war becomes the Sarkhan War. For a Ho Chin Minh analogue I was thinking Wong-Chu, who in the Comics was responsible for kidnapping Tony Stark in the 60's. Sarkhan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
West Germany-No Replacement yet. West Germany does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Xibei San Ma-No replacement Yet.
Yemen-No replacement Yet.
Yugoslavia/Yudonia(Drake & Josh)
Yunnan-No Replacement Yet.
Zaire-No Replacement yet. Zaire does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Zimbabwe-No Replacement Yet. Zimbabwe does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Africa
I condensed the list of African countries to something more manageable, this means that other Fictional countries are changed to be in one of the mentioned. The idea was to prioritize the most famous fictional Countries rather than the stand ins. This is more about getting all the big Fictional African countries represented in as few countries as possible.

Angola/Babar's Kingdom(Babar the Elephant)
Egypt
Ethiopia/Wakanda(Marvel Comics)
Kenya/Bangalla(The Phantom)
Libya/Carbombya(Transformers)

Liberia/Equatorial Kundu(West Wing/Newsroom/Izombie)
Mozambique/Zamunda(Coming to America)
South Africa/Draka(The Domination of the Draka)
Zaire/Azania(Roman Literature/Black Mischief/Marvel Comics)
Zimbabwe/Matobo(The interpreter)

Azania
Chose to have Azania instead of Sangola despite the obvious inspiration. Azania has more history, going back to the Romans and as a name was used in Marvel and in the book Black Mischief, though the only problem is all three imply an East Africa location and Sangola in the wrong place. Azania broke away from Colonial Powers including the British. Around 1932, there were several Civil Wars, leaving no living members of the Royal Family. The League of Nations seized the country, who has it now is up in the air. Has been combined with Niganda to give access to Man Ape from Marvel Comics. Birani from The Gods Must Be Crazy is also folded in, in which a tribe untouched by civilization find a Coke Bottle and must return it to the gods(It's a Buzz Cola Bottle here). It could be rules by Fascist President for Life P'hat Daddee B'wonah(created by miniature wargaming enthusiast Michael T. Murphy). It is also connected to Gorilla City due to a meteorite that grants intelligence falling near Wakanda's Vibranium Meteor. So Azania can have four leaders, M'Baku as somewhat Democratic and King Solovar as Monarchist and P'hat Daddee B'wonah as Communist and Gorrilla Grodd as Fascist

Babar's Kingdom
Babar is an elephant who was found in the Jungle by an old Lady who took him back to her native France. Babar became educated and when he returned to the Jungle, vowed to socialize the animals in the ways of the Human and so has set up a society of animals and humans supporters. Babar's Kingdom can only be a Monarchy as it takes the role of Angola, which only has a monarch and then unidentified leaders however there are several different possible Monarchs should something happen to Babar, intelligent animals that supported him. They include Mufasa or Simba(The Lion King), Kimba(Kimba the White Lion), or King Leonardo(King Leonardo and his Short Subjects). Should Babar be overthrown he will either be killed(as happens in some parodies such as Robot Chicken) or flee to Zamunda(an Elephant named Babar is seen in Coming to America). the Capitol of Babar's Kingdom is Celestville, named after his Queen Celeste.

Carbombya
Libya expy headed by dictator Abdul Fakkadi, and also General Haffaz Aladeen from The Dictator.

Bangalla
From The Phantom comic strip. The Phantom's base lies in the deep woods of this central African nation. This country has unclear geography across the years. The African Portion is located in East Africa. It was an English colony in the 1930's before transitioning to self rule in the 60's canonically. Kenya in the base game only has one ruler. Here that ruler is Kit Walker, The Phantom.

Draka
Has a technology boost. Also houses lost cities of Kor and Opar, so as a way to bring in Ayesha from She or Tarzan as leaders(Fascist and Democratic respectively). The South African satirist Pieter-Dirk Uys, has a drag character named Evita Bezuidenhout who was from a fictional country. Here she is from Draka and is a possible leader. This provides some city names such as Laagerfontein(Capitol), Bapetikosweti, Lunaville and Blanche-Noir. Draka also may have a city called Harambe(Fictional City name at Disney's Animal Kingdom). The Draka outpost Outer Heaven is located nearby, founded by potential Draka leader Big Boss(Metal Gear).

Egypt
The only not nation in Africa not renamed. Egypt also doesn't exist at the start date, leaving it open for someone to find it and takeover.

King Abdullah Yoyo- A composite character based of Farouk Muhammad Ali and replaces him here. The King Yoyo part comes from A Young Girl's Touch, a book written by Farouk's former mistress and parodying him, and the film Abdullah the Great, in which Abdullah is played by Gregory Ratoff. He's the only character based off a real person. The rest are ideas for ancient beings, suddenly awakening and taking over. Our Royalist.

Teth Adam-Black Adam himself, who appears in 1945, having returned to Earth from exile and retaking his homeland, as he did later in DC Comics.

En Sabah Nur: X-Men foe Apocalypse himself, revived earlier than he should have. Straight Fascist Here.

Imhotep: Ancient Egyptian Priest mummified for an affair with Pharoah Seti's mistress. Here is a cross between his Boris Karloff version and the "Brendan Frasier" Mummy. His appearance is meant to change after every kill of whoever disturbed his tomb. While it may be difficult to implement, how about a changing portrait? Start off with the Karloff fully wrapped mummy, then Karloff's "more human" form and then we start to het the Frasier almost complete version. He's communist here largely because well...He'd hate Pharoahs given what one did to him.

Equatorial Kundu
Has appeared in multiple media. Also folded in Ligeria. Also decided to make it a replacement of Abuddin from Tyrant, making the Al-Fayeed Family the rules.

Matobo
Replacing Zimbabwe, which has only one fascist leader and one Democratic. Matobo also appeared in 24, where its founder was Ule Matobo since Zimbabwe doesn't exist. Another leader is Edmund Zuwanie, from The Interpreter, based on Robert Mugabe, as a leader who was seen as a hero but revealed to be evil.

Wakanda
Gets a technology boost. Wakanda is headed by the mysterious Black Panther, it is a Monarchy though if someone defeats the Panther they also claim the title. While replacing Ethiopia, it lacks the same history obviously, though I like to think in the future it becomes Numbani from Overwatch, giving the nation a new hero in Doomfist.
Zamunda
headed by Jaffe Joffer, James Earl Jones himself. Considering making Jaffe Joffer somewhat analogous to Idi Amin.

Extras
Rule of cool dictates the placing of Genosha, who can take the place of Madagascar(though the island is still called that by the resident Animals so the Madagascar films don't have to be renamed.It's likely a territorial location of the Draka given they enslave mutants until they are defeated and Magneto gains the country.

The Race from WorldWar will begin an invasion in 1942, starting at the Southern most tip of South Africa, i.e. Draka land.

British Portraits
Did some stuff for the British Empire now. Keeping mainly within the base game's leader slots.

British George Brown.png

George Brown from Vile Bodies, aside from winning an award for most generic name, comes with Stanley Baldwin's portrait due to lack of a TV show or anything for Vile Bodies. Not much else to say - he gets replaced later by Spry.

uKEih1v.png

Now Spry's a little more interesting. Davenport Spry, from Scarlet Traces, is someone who saw the War of the Worlds for when it happened (sidenote, Mars is gonna be VERY INTERESTING in this world). Aside from having Chamberlain's usual traits, he comes with a unique one of his own - though since Spry takes Chamberlain's spot normally, it's very unlikely he'll get to make use of that trait (something that'll probably be solved with either a revision of Focus trees + events or a tech mod).

His portrait specifically is Harold Harmsworth's portrait from Kaiserreich, which I chose becaose Harold looks like someone who eats a bit. Marco Rodriguez pointed me toward's a portrait someone made specifically of Spry, though I have no idea if its official or not, along with it depicting Spry as he appeared in the 1910s.

IYCZcxP.png

Rupert Catskill, from Men like Gods. He was based off of Churchill, and since there's no movie or anything based off Men Like Gods (AFAIK anyway), I just went with Churchill's vanilla portrait.

British Arthur Lytton.png

Okay, this leader actually required a new event. Arthur Lytton (from Seven Days to Noon) is this timeline's Clement Attlee counterpart, and I'm really surprised Clement Attlee's not even in the base game as a leader. Tally that up as another weird thing about Hoi4. Arthur Lytton's portrait is actually a picture of his actor, Ronald Adam.

2PomVeV.png

Bill Haydon, from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, is one of the Communist leaders, though he currently only takes power when the focus British Ccmmunist Alternative is taken. Otherwise, Henry Pollitt maintains his usual position. I also replaced the Communist flag with the Union of Britain's flag from Kaiserreich, just because of personal preference.

Til6Tfa.png

With Roderick Spode being specifically based off of Mosley, he inherits his traits as well. This is actually accompanied by a change to the Fascist flag and party name to match the show he's from too.

YSQIKqw.png

There's not any big fictional stuff with non-aligned, I just added George V as their default non-aligned leader. The events that transition the monarchy from George V -> Edward VIII -> George VI also change the non-aligned leader as well. George V uses his Kaiserreich portrait.

uKEih1v.png

Now Spry's a little more interesting. Davenport Spry, from Scarlet Traces, is someone who saw the War of the Worlds for when it happened (sidenote, Mars is gonna be VERY INTERESTING in this world). Aside from having Chamberlain's usual traits, he comes with a unique one of his own - though since Spry takes Chamberlain's spot normally, it's very unlikely he'll get to make use of that trait (something that'll probably be solved with either a revision of Focus trees + events or a tech mod).

His portrait specifically is Harold Harmsworth's portrait from Kaiserreich, which I chose becaose Harold looks like someone who eats a bit. Marco Rodriguez pointed me toward's a portrait someone made specifically of Spry, though I have no idea if its official or not, along with it depicting Spry as he appeared in the 1910s.
Actually that's a cropped image of Spry from the Comics. He doesn't show up in the sequel but is Prime Minister and killed in an attack on London. I did get a few screenshots from the comic but there weren't that many of Spry just standing there and the art is stylized.
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.56.59 AM-min.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.57.41 AM-min.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.58.36 AM-min.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.58.45 AM-min.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.59.43 AM-min.png

And as a bonus. Sir John Cabal,Prime Minister in 1910 from Scarlet Traces, seen here giving a speech towards the end of the first book.
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.52.37 AM-min.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.52.55 AM-min.png

Also my name is not Rodriquez but ok. I'll chalk that up to autocorrect..

Last edited:
United Kingdom-Fiction elements
Sir George Brown(Vile Bodies)-Replaces Stanley Baldwin.
Davenport Spry(Scarlet Traces)-Replaces Davenport Spry
Rupert Catskill(Men Like Gods)-Replaces Winston Churchill
Severus L. Heppenstall(Death of a Train)
Rudolf Whitlow(The Holy Terror)
Sir Harold Wharton(Greyfriars School, 1984)
Garald O'Brien(1984)
Arthur Lytton(Seven Days to Noon)-Replaces Clement Atlee.
Bill Harden(Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy)
Roderick Spode(Jeeves and Wooster)-Replaces Oswald Moseley.
James Bond-Already implemented.
Marvelman-the Comic character of the same name, later renamed to Miracleman. Threw him in here because then Britain has a Superhero on par with Superman, the Nazi Superheroes, and Starfire(red Star on the Soviet Side).

Factor Tree
Hoare-Lavel Pact-Proposal to give Mussolinii part of Ethiopia to ensure peace. Here giving Napaloni part of Africa in a potential peace deal.

Munich Agreement-attempt to appease Hynkel should he invade Ixania, based on Munich Agreement.

Space technology-Largely out of a desire to counter those damn Martians through using their own technology and the use of the mineral Cavorite from The First Men in the Moon.

Chemical Warfare-Used to kill the Martians in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, courtesy of a bioweapon created by Dr.Moreau. It worked so well the first time. Though the technology has been banned by the Geneva Connection...against humans at least, largely due to similar Bioweapons known to have created Zombies. Not even Hynkel will use Bioweapons normally due to being blinded by it in the first World War.

Airships-Airship technology here has existed since the War in the Air(1907 to 1911). Recently though several disasters involving airships have occurred that have made the British reconsider the technology(which is a big problem because of the Blitz). the two incidents in question are the crashing of the Goliath while searching for the lost city of Laputa(a floating city encountered by Lemuel Gulliver on his travels, evidently the meeting with Gulliver convinced the Laputans to abandon their city and settle down on Earth, leading to the events of Castle in the Sky). The second event is the airship being destroyed from Kiki's Delivery Service(moved in placement slightly). Also the Hindenburg of course.

Maturinist-based on the novel Leviathan in which Charles Darwin created super animals now used in warfare. Here they were created by Stephen Maturin, Charles Darwin analogue from the Aubrey-Maturin series, most famously Master and Commander.

Iron Sides- Technology from the alien Daleks from Doctor Who has been taken and can possibly be reverse engineered. We could see Daleks in combat.

The King's Speech-Help King George VI overcome his speech impediment and inspire his people.

Break the Enigma Code-Courtesy of Alan Turing, based on his The Imitation Game version.

Form the Albion Broadcasting Company-Analogue of the BBC.

Form QDivision of the SOE-Created to counter the Cults of the Old Ones from The Laundry Files.

Torchwood-Boost the power of Torchwood(with Jack Harkness as a member but not leader) in order to counter alien invasion.

Magical Assistance-the Ministry of Magic and the Wizarding world has its own problems with Grindelwald right now, but maybe you can convince them you have the same enemies and contribute to the war effort.

Return of the King-Search for and find Excalibur and Merlin, bringing forth the return of King Arthur.

Events
The War of the Worlds-Britain's long hated enemy, the Martians, has seemingly returned and are invading.

Abdication Crisis-Real Life Event based on Edward VIII abdication crisis.

Dunkirk evacuation-Exactly that though following the Christopher Nolan movies.

Wellington Wells Invasion-Germany invades and takes Wellington Wells, possibly leading it to break away due to a strange reality altering event and declare its own independence as a cross of the Wellington Wells from Mystery Quest and the Video Game We Happy Few.

Animal Farm
-intelligent Animals have taken over Manor Farm. They could prove interesting allies. Shall we work to overthrow Napoleon, or shall we work to help the exiled leader Snowball reclaim his position, or place someone more loyal instead such as a young pig named Wilbur(Charlotte's Web).

Hundred Acre Woods-A young boy named Christopher Robin has shown the astonishing power to bring life to creatures from his imagination and stuffed animals.

Kassen Secret-A last ditch effort by Nazi Scientists to launch a bomb on the UK(Refers to the bombing of Colchester, part of the backstory of 1984 that led to Ingsoc taking over).

Day of the Triffids-Strange plantlike creatures have appeared over Britain and there is a passing comet.

Actually that's a cropped image of Spry from the comics.

Also my name is not Rodriquez but ok. I'll chalk that up to autocorrect..

Autocorrect has once again betrayed me.

Hmm, could John Cabal work as a David Lloyd George counterpart? (mainly asking since DLG is a part of the King’s party in the base game).

Unrelated, but perhaps Ethiopia could remain Ethiopia, but perhaps leaning into Rastafarianism a bit more for Halle Selassie.

Autocorrect has once again betrayed me.

Hmm, could John Cabal work as a David Lloyd George counterpart? (mainly asking since DLG is a part of the King’s party in the base game).

Unrelated, but perhaps Ethiopia could remain Ethiopia, but perhaps leaning into Rastafarianism a bit more for Halle Selassie.
John Cabal could be since he otherwise disappears and my David Lloyd George stand in is from a book so there's no picture of him.

I do want to replace Ethiopia but give its elements to other countries or its stand in, which would be either Zamunda or Wakanda. Wakanda's history basically means its locked away from being Ethiopia history, but we could make Zamunda, Ethiopia with history relating to Prestor John, a Halle Selassie like character and also Jaffe Joffer. Wakanda could geographically be close to Uganda in placement.

British Prime Minister List.
I made a list of British Prime Ministers and placed them in chronological order based on when they are shown to be in power or if they can take certain terms. While only one part is relevant I thought everyone would like to see it. Also it ended up matching with Anarcho-Occultist's list a bit.

British Prime Minister List

Sidney Wilton (Whig)(1845-1852)(Endymion)
Sir Thomas Doodle (Liberal)(1852-1857)(Bleak House)
Peter Gresham (Lib)(1857-1860)(Phineas Finn, The Eustace Diamonds, Phineas Redux,The Prime Minister)
Anthony Daubney, Lord de Terrier (Tory)(1860-1865)(Framley Parsonage,Phineas Finn, Phineas Redux,The Prime Minister)
Henry Coningsby (Tory)(1865-1866)(Coningsby)
Gladraeli Clampvulture (Lib)(1866-1870)(Died in office)(Bleak Expectations)
Lord Appin(Lib)(1870-1872)(A Lodge in the Wilderness)
Henry Coningsby (Tory)(1872-1876)(Coningsby)
Lord Appin (Lib)(1876-1880)(A Lodge in the Wilderness)
Henry Coningsby (Tory)(1880-1885)(Coningsby)
Lord Henry Bellinger (Tory)(1885-1890)(Sherlock Holmes Story "The Adventure of the Second Stain")
Harry Flashman (Tory) 1890-1892(Harry Flashman)
Plantagenet Palliser(Nonpartisan) 1892-1900(The Prime Minister, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
Prime Minister during the Martian Invasion from War of the Worlds.
Hector D’Estrange (Lib) 1900-1904(Gloriana, or the Revolution of 1900)-First female Prime Minister in this timeline. She disguised herself as a man.
Jack Caterham (Tory)(1904-1906)(Food of the Gods)-Also known as Jack the Giant Killer due to Britain being faced with giants at the time.
Richard Melmount Beamister(Tory)(1906-1907)(The Duchess of Wrexe/Day of the Comet) A Composite of two Prime Ministers.
Sackville Somerset (Tory)(1907-1908)(The Adventure of the Lost Holiday)
Sir John Cabal (Lib)(1908-1911)(Scarlet Traces)
Notable for launching an invasion of Mars in 1910, the anniversary of the 1898 Invasion.
Brian Marvin Geraldine(Lib)(1911-1916)(The Massacre of Mankind/A Prince of the Captivity)-Massacre of Mankind is also an unofficial War of the Worlds Sequel like Scarlet Traces.
Sir Walter Carey Marivale (Lib)(1916-1922)(The Man who knew too much)Another composite character though in this case the titular work is a collection of stories in which the two names appear in different stories, Sir Walter Carey and Marivale.
Lord Archibald Alloway(Tory)(1922-1923)(Poirot)
David MacAdam (Conservative-Liberal "War Coalition")(1923-1924)(Poirot)
Sir Edward Ferrier(Minority Labour)(1924)(Poirot)
John Hammett(Conservative-Liberal)(1924-1930)(Poirot)
Walter Outrage (Lab)(1930-1933)(Vile Bodies)
Sir Arthur Chavender(Liberal)(1933-1935)(On the Rocks: A Political Comedy)
Sir George Brown, Baronet(Liberal Majority)1935-1937(Vile Bodies)
Davenport Spry (Tory)(1937-1940)(Scarlet Traces)
As mentioned takes the Neville Chamberlain role, mostly because he sees the Martians as the true threat and ignores Earthly matters.
Rupert Catskill (Tory)(1940-1945)(Men Like Gods) Winston Churchill analogue. Loses the election due to the city of Colchester. being nuked, as per the events of 1984.
Severus L. Heppenstall(Tory)(1945)(Death of a Train)basically just a placeholder while Ingsoc takes over.
Rudolf Whitlow (Lab/Ingsoc)(1945-1948)(The Holy Terror) Started the Big Brother Government, including brainwashing everyone(in the book no one knows what year it is despite the title, which was an editor's change from 1948, the original title). Is murdered and overthrown. Is one of the few people to call himself Big Brother.
Sir Harold Wharton (Ingsoc)(1948-1951)(1984) Also went by Big Brother. Assassinated by a brainwashed Winston Smith
Garald O'Brien(Ingsoc)1951-1952(1984) Last Ingsoc leader, betrayed Wharton but couldn't cut it as a leader and also dealt with the Chimera Invasion.
Hugo Drummond(Labour Party)(1952-1956)(Hugo Drummond)
Arthur Lytton (Labour majority)(1956-1962)(Seven Days to Noon)
Notably was in this timeline the Superhero "Supermac" before taking office, a reference to the Supermac cartoon character parody of Harold Macmillian. Takes a Clement Atlee role now as Ingsoc's takeover meant that role couldn't have been taken.
Leonard Braithwaite FRSJ(Labour Party)(1962-1964)(When the Kissing Had to Stop)
Charles Lenton(Labour Party)1964-1966(Corridors of Power)
Tom Hutchinson (Conservative majority)1966-1969(Rise and Fall of Michael Rimmer)
Michael Rimmer (Tory)(1969-1974)(The Rise and Fall of Michael Rimmer)
Timothy Hobson(Conservative majority)(1974-1980)(The Guardians)
A Fascist figure that forces the royal family to flee to Canada.
Jim Jaspers(Conservative)1980-1981(Marvel Comics) Actually a psychic and psychotic evil mutant who was killed by his own creation.
Herbert Atwell(Conservative)(1981-1982)(Yes, Minister)
Harry Perkins(Labor)(1982)(A Very British Coup)
Joan Carpenter (Conservative)(1982-1983)(The Devil's Alternative)
based on Margaret Thatcher.
Iorweth Jones (Lab)(1983-1984)(In the Wet)Had to deal with the Superhero Miracleman taking over Britain for a time before his defeat.
James Hacker (Christian Democratic-Liberal coalition, then Democratic minority)(1984)(Yes Minister)
Sir Mortimer Chris(Christian Democratic)(1984-1986)(Whoops Apocalypse)
Peter St. John (Tory) 1986-1988(Zenith)
Imprisons the Superhero population of Britain, which is somewhat understandable since Miracleman had recently taken over and been defeated.
Margaret Brunner(Conservative minority)1988-1991(Jerry Cornelius) The second Margaret Thatcher analogue. First name is unknown as she went with Mrs. Brunner. Making it possible to composite both into Joan Brunner(nee Carpenter).
Raymond Gould(First Among Equals)1991-1992
Alan B"Stard(Tory)(The New Statesman)1992
Henry Collingridge (Tory) 1992(House of Cards Trilogy)
Francis Urquhart (Conservative minority supported by "Continuity" Christian Democratic, then majority) 1992-1994(House of Cards Trilogy)
The British version, likely invites comparisons to American president Frank Underwood. Here he is assassinated by Norsefire(he is assassinated in his show)
Tom Makepiece (Tory) 1994(House of Cards Trilogy) Urquhart's canonical placeholder successor.
Adam Susan(Norsefire)1994-1997(V for Vendetta) Date based on the Comics, the events of which last the mentioned dates. This means that Norsefire is in power during the Eugenics Wars in this timeline, meaning a possible alliance with Khan Noonien Singh. I imagine he also betrayed the Minister of Magic, leading to Voldemort's takeover of the Ministry in Harry Potter.
Adam Lang (Lab) 1998-2000(The Ghost Writer)Based on Tony Blair.
Baldrick(Adder)2000(Blackadder: Back and Forth) The Blackadder special has time travel being used to put Baldrick as Prime Minister.
"Ricky"(Adder)2000-2002(The West Wing) Only name given from the West Wing.
David Edward Clare (Labour majority)2002-2004(Love Actually/Number Ten) A composite of two Tony Blair parodies. The Love Actually one is played by Hugh Grant and is the likely one to go with. Could also be renamed to simply David Grant as only his first name is given.
Rupert Devereaux(Labour Majority)2004-2005(Bartimaeus Sequence)
Joseph Green(Labour majority)2005-2006(Doctor Who)
Killed and impersonated by the Slitheen.
Harriet Jones (Labour majority) 2006(Doctor Who) Career ruined by the Doctor.
Maureen Graty (Labour majority) 2006(West Wing)
Rosamund 'Ros' Jane Pritchard-2006-2007(The Amazing Mrs.Pritchard)
Alfred Danderson-2007(First Lady)
Tom Davis (Lab) 2007-2008(The Thick of It)
Harold Saxon (Liberal Democrat) 2008(Doctor Who)
Secretly the Doctor Who villain the Master.
Aubrey Fairchild(2008-2009)(Doctor Who)
Brian Green (LDP)(2009)(Resigned)(Torchwood)
John Eaton(LDP) 2009-2010(The Lord's Day)
Alec Beasley (Tory) 2010-2011(Page Eight, Turks and Caicos, and Salting the Battlefields)
Freya Gardner (Tory) 2011-2012(The politician's husband)
Charles Flyte (Tory) 2012(Secret State)
The events of Secret State involve corporations killing one Prime Minister, the replacement learning about it and themselves being replaced.
Tom Dawkins (Tory) 2012-2013(Secret State)
Felix Durrell (Tory) 2013(Secret State)
Hugh Abbott (Lab) 2013-2014(The Thick of It)
Alastair Davies (Conservative majority) 2014(24)
Notable for being played by beloved British actor Hugh Laurie, making him an automatic favorite Fictional Prime Minister to British People despite doing very little, since Jack Bauer has to save the day.
Michael Callow-2014-2015-(Black Mirror)-Episode "The National Anthem" based on David Cameron's scandal of having sex with a dead pig in college. Callow is forced to have sex with a pig or risk kidnappers killing the royal princess.
David Edward Clare- 2015-2016-(Love Actually/Number Ten) Briefly back to make a big more sense chronologically.
Aruna Mahajan (Conservative majority, then Conservative-Democratic Coalition) 2016(Designated Survivor)
John Vosler(Tory/Shepherd) 2016-2018(Bodyguard)
Roger Barlow(Tory/Shepherd)2018-2027(SeventyTwo Virgins)
I needed a Boris Johnson stand in and SeventyTwo Virgins are written by Johnson and is about a Prime Minister.
Vivienne Rook (Four Star) 2027-2030(Years and Years)-plans to open Concentration Camps but does not do so.
Adam Suttler(Norsefire)2030-2032(V for Vendetta, Film) The Film version of V for Vendetta. Makes us or Rook's camps. Killed here by possibly a V impostor(V is implied to have survived in the book but the Movie not).
John Hatcher(LDP)2032-2035(Doomsday)-Killed by Canaris so he can take the role. Which he does...Briefly. Due to a Zombie outbreak.
Michael Canaris(LDP)2035(Doomsday)
Aruna Mahajan (Conservative majority, then Conservative-Democratic Coalition) 2035-2042(Designated Survivor)
Was unsure of when I wanted Designated Survivor to take place but a comeback isn't out of the question.
Simon Basden (Lab) 2042-2050(Party)
James Willett (Lab) 2050-2057(Party)
Philip Green (Optimum) 2057-2072(Star Trek)
-Man said to have started World War III in the Original Series. Little details are given so he could be British. Has been portrayed by different actors and appears in the Original Series.
Allied Occupational Authority 2072-2077-Due to the War happening. List ends there due to US President Robert L.Booth launching the nukes in 2077(combining events in Judge Dredd and Fallout).

Last edited: