Harry Turtledoves short stories

JSmith

Banned
So I checked his Wikipedia article and while it has a comprehensive list of his books it doesn't list his short stories. I think there are more of them out there than I know about. Does anyone have a list or a link to a list? post here if you do-thanks.

Is that the one with Lincoln being shot at ft. Stevens and Hannibal Hamlin and the smuggling of weapons in the military occupied south in the 1930s.¿ I also wish it had more to it ah well

Is that the one with Lincoln being shot at ft. Stevens and Hannibal Hamlin and the smuggling of weapons in the military occupied south in the 1930s.¿ I also wish it had more to it ah well

I have always seen that as basically what TL-191 would be like by the 1960s.

Thande

Donor
Turtledove's done a lot of good short stories, they're generally better than his full-length novels IMO.

"Departures" and "Counting Up, Counting Down" (I meant the collections) are well worth the money. Probably my favourite story of his is "Ready for the Fatherland", which seems like one of the most interesting and original possible outcomes for WW2 ever conceived within the bounds of mainstream published AH (as opposed to on here etc.)

Probably my favourite story of his is "Ready for the Fatherland", which seems like one of the most interesting and original possible outcomes for WW2 ever conceived within the bounds of mainstream published AH (as opposed to on here etc.)

I wouldn't say possible (admittedly it isn't clear what deal Manstein offers Stalin but I don't see how even that would save Germany from eventual Allied victory), though it's certainly interesting.

Thande

Donor
I wouldn't say possible (admittedly it isn't clear what deal Manstein offers Stalin but I don't see how even that would save Germany from eventual Allied victory), though it's certainly interesting.

I mean possible in the sense of endings to WW2 that can be possibly conceived. You can certainly debate the plausibility. Stalin did offer status quo ante bellum deals quite late into WW2 which I think is what it's based on, but I doubt he meant them as anything more than brief breathing spaces while the Soviets regrouped.