Hail, Britannia

Watch this space. America (North, South and Central) has undergone some changes, but generally I was quite happy with how it was mapped out, now Europe on the other hand is very different than both OTL and V1.
As great as this project is, one thing I did always find odd was how convergent Europe was, particularly with the Nazis still existing with a POD in the 18th century, so this is a welcome change. Is there any info about Europe that you'd be willing to share yet?

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
ooh exciting! i’ll be interested to see what a redux of this timeline looks like, and i’m excited to get to follow it in real time!

Thanks! I hope everyone enjoys it!

As great as this project is, one thing I did always find odd was how convergent Europe was, particularly with the Nazis still existing with a POD in the 18th century, so this is a welcome change. Is there any info about Europe that you'd be willing to share yet?

Yes I agree with you completely. I think V1 was very much a bit of escapism - and I hugged a bit too close to OTL in order to not completely overload myself.

But I’m hoping the V2 timeline (really do need to come up with a better name!!) will be divergent and realistic while also feeling familiar.

In terms of Europe, I don’t want to give too much away, but some key points are:
  • A different (and in some ways still ongoing) process of German unification
  • Intermarium is a thing (sort of)
  • Reversed Belarus and Ukraine
  • A different Austro-Hungarian dissolution

Thanks! I hope everyone enjoys it!

Yes I agree with you completely. I think V1 was very much a bit of escapism - and I hugged a bit too close to OTL in order to not completely overload myself.

But I’m hoping the V2 timeline (really do need to come up with a better name!!) will be divergent and realistic while also feeling familiar.

In terms of Europe, I don’t want to give too much away, but some key points are:
  • A different (and in some ways still ongoing) process of German unification
  • Intermarium is a thing (sort of)
  • Reversed Belarus and Ukraine
  • A different Austro-Hungarian dissolution
Very interesing. Although let's hope the Habsburgs retain control of some of their lands, at the very least the Archduchy of Austria itself.

Last edited:
I assume that the Soviet Union has been replaced with a surviving Russian Empire?

Are there more mircostates scattered across the globe?

Will there be more countries that have British Hanoverians or Windsors on their throne?

Bit of a nitpick for Central America here but i've recently read on some interesting things about British development in that particular region. Particularly, the British Mosquito Coast colony that was somewhat planned to be the earlier version of OTL Panama Canal. The thing was, the US was opposed to it and both Britain and America had to sign a treaty that prohibited them from doing much of anything. Until decades later, when US international power in South America had effectively Britain's own influence.

If possible, would it be likely for Britain to have build a somewhat earlier proto Panama Canal ITTL via the mosquito colony?

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Interest in new TL rising.

:happyblush

Very interesing. Although let's hope the Habsburgs retain control of some of their lands, at the very least the Archduchy of Austria itself.

We shall see ;)

I assume that the Soviet Union has been replaced with a surviving Russian Empire?

No comment on Russia, but I’m hoping that the route it follows will be realistic, logical and fit into the new TL. And also interesting :)

Are there more mircostates scattered across the globe?

A few, some are still being mapped out.

Will there be more countries that have British Hanoverians or Windsors on their throne?

Well there are obviously going to be some countries that are equivalent to the OTL Commonwealth realms. As to whether any other countries have British Hanoverians or Windsors on their thrones… 🤷‍♂️ watch this space - I am open to ideas :)

Bit of a nitpick for Central America here but i've recently read on some interesting things about British development in that particular region. Particularly, the British Mosquito Coast colony that was somewhat planned to be the earlier version of OTL Panama Canal. The thing was, the US was opposed to it and both Britain and America had to sign a treaty that prohibited them from doing much of anything. Until decades later, when US international power in South America had effectively Britain's own influence.

If possible, would it be likely for Britain to have build a somewhat earlier proto Panama Canal ITTL via the mosquito colony?

Yes that was something I’d picked up on from my own reading around the region - so there’s certainly scope for some of those concepts to be folded into the V2 timeline.

Well there are obviously going to be some countries that are equivalent to the OTL Commonwealth realms. As to whether any other countries have British Hanoverians or Windsors on their thrones… 🤷‍♂️ watch this space - I am open to ideas :)
I have many ideas regarding this timeline floating around in my head and would love to share them privately.

I'm just gonna say it here, please, for the love of God, have baseball be the second favorite sport of Texas after football and the rodeo instead of cricket. That was so cursed, as a Texan

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
I'm just gonna say it here, please, for the love of God, have baseball be the second favorite sport of Texas after football and the rodeo instead of cricket. That was so cursed, as a Texan
Considering baseball was also invented in Britain IOTL, it could well be more popular in general.
Well, I do have to say that the modern version of baseball that America plays IOTL is an American version that was a revision of the rules for a British baseball-style game
Perhaps that original British version is largely unchanged in its basic form till the present.

x'Dx'D I can only apolgise!

I do think it makes sense that cricket would be popular in Texas ITTL - given its huge popularity in Carolina, Virginia and Louisiana. I suppose perhaps it would make more sense for cricket to have been popular historically, but that other the last 100 years baseball has grown in popularity and now there is very much a rural/urban divide - with cricket played in small towns and cities, while baseball has taken off and dominates in the bigger cities and urban areas?

Will the French Revolution and Napoleon still exist in version 2?

Yes as I feel that given the vagueness and minor nature of the Points of Divergence, they would not be able to produce the necessary changes to prevent that build up of the French Revolution. Expect a slightly different outcome to the Napoleonic Wars, which sets up the 19th and 20th centuries nicely.

I do think it makes sense that cricket would be popular in Texas ITTL - given its huge popularity in Carolina, Virginia and Louisiana. I suppose perhaps it would make more sense for cricket to have been popular historically, but that other the last 100 years baseball has grown in popularity and now there is very much a rural/urban divide - with cricket played in small towns and cities, while baseball has taken off and dominates in the bigger cities and urban areas?
Well, IOTL, baseball really took off in the small towns of Texas, but that could work. I just don't like the idea of cricket being anywhere near Texas, since I grew up watching and a bit of playing baseball

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Is there any infomation about the Americas in V2 that you are willing to share?

Hmm... nothing too specific. The borders of North America are pretty much unchanged, while the Caribbean and Central and South America have seen some adjustments. It's more a case of refining the history to make sure it fits together and flows organically (and makes sense while also being consistent!). One thing I've enjoyed planning is Carlist Peru and the knock-on effects of that.

Well, IOTL, baseball really took off in the small towns of Texas, but that could work. I just don't like the idea of cricket being anywhere near Texas, since I grew up watching and a bit of playing baseball

A fair point, and I do appreciate your input :)