Hail, Britannia

Alright, I have just finished reading the whole thread and I love it. The worldbuilding is some of the best I’ve seen. I have some questions though.

1. Does the United Empire have any puppets/satellites? If so, what are they?
2. What is the current ruling party in the Soviet Union?
3. Are Manchuria and Corea completely independent or are they reliant on Japan somehow?
4. What are the current member states of the EU?

Last edited:
2016-Ford-Mustang-in-France.jpg

A 2016 Ford Mustang in Paris. The sixth-generation Mustang is the first to be sold in left-hand drive markets.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Sorry everyone!! Unfortunately there was a complication at my school where I ended up having to double my work load due to staff absence, so I didn't have any time to work on the project - no excuse in this day and age for being silent online, but I can only apologise. With the current crisis having shut schools, I have been unexpectedly given 6 days off a week. So the project is back on as of now!! Thanks as always for all your support.

Sorry everyone!! Unfortunately there was a complication at my school where I ended up having to double my work load due to staff absence, so I didn't have any time to work on the project - no excuse in this day and age for being silent online, but I can only apologise. With the current crisis having shut schools, I have been unexpectedly given 6 days off a week. So the project is back on as of now!! Thanks as always for all your support.

Hooray! You're not dead!

Excellent.:)

Glad to see you’re ok!

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Alright, I have just finished reading the whole thread and I love it. The worldbuilding is some of the best I’ve seen. I have some questions though.

1. Does the United Empire have any puppets/satellites? If so, what are they?
2. What is the current ruling party in the Soviet Union?
3. Are Manchuria and Corea completely independent or are they reliant on Japan somehow?
4. What are the current member states of the EU?

1. Not really... the closest comparison is Zimbabwe Rhodesia - where the power-sharing government is really being supported by joint British-Capeland peacekeepers. North Haiti is perhaps the best example of a puppet state - as it's almost entirely dependent on British support. Then there are the members of the Common Defence Part (a mutual defence organisation similar to NATO) which generally follow Britain's lead.

2. The centre-right nationally conservative Soviet Democratic Party is the current governing party. Holding the presidency and a majority in both houses of the legislature.

3. They are reliant on Japan. All three are part of the Greater East Asian Cooperative Sphere - a free trade zone and economic community that includes most of Southeast Asia. Japan, Corea and Manchuria are the most closely integrated members of the economic community.

4. It's a bit influx at present. But effectively TTL's EU covers all OTL territory except; the Nordics, UK & Ireland, Malta, and Cyprus. But it also includes Serbia and Montengro since March 2019. The EU is till getting fleshed out in terms of how it functions, and it's likely to be a multi-tiered union, with a smaller more tightly knit Eurozone at its centre.

Did something happen to the images?

Which images in particular?

You know, with the Empire having a sizable Russophone minority, the film industry might have a good source of actors for portraying Cold War villains.

Oh definitely!! Russian-speaking actors were stereotypically cast as villains in Cold War productions, but there were also instances where the trope was subverted with the Alaskan character being set as the villian, but actually it be some else...

Last edited:
How are the governments of East Asia? Is the monarchy of Japan stronger than OTL due to beng on the opposite side on ITL-WWII?
Also, the USSR is more stable than OTL or it is simply on a slower decay?

And since Lei has changed the link in his sig, I'll post a list of past works he has done in the Wikipedia threads for people to peruse...

Hail, Britannia (pre-thread)
UK SDP leadership spill, 2004 & leadership election, 2011
American Theatre of World War I
Federation of India
Oregonian general election, 2011
Kingdom of Hanover; Hanoverian general election, 2012
Kingdom of Scania; King Valdemar V; Crown Prince Christoffer
National Republic of China (1927-1947)
Florida; Floridian general election, 2013; Floridian, Texan & Californian Spanish
Britain-in-America; North American Dutch; Daniel Taylor; Isaac Brock; Taylor-Brock family; Dukedom of Manhattan
Kingdom of Hawai'i; Hawaiian general election, 2015; King Kūhiō; Native Hawaiians
Hawaiians in the United Kingdom (Hawaiian British)
Russian America; Province of Alaska; Orthodox Church in America; Alaskans; North American Russian; Russian-American Company
Mexican Empire; Mexican federal election, 2013; Emperor Agustín V; President of the Government; Josefina Vázquez Mota
First Minister of Florida; Order of the Star of Florida; 2015 Floridian independence referendum; Viceroy of Florida; Carlos López-Cantera; Juan Taylor-Brock y Menendez
Dominion of Newfoundland; Newfoundland general election, 2016; Newfoundland Gaelic; New Labrador Party; Order of Newfoundland

Kingdom of the Californias; Californians; Californian general election, 2013; King Ramón IV; Wasatch Autonomous Region; Jon Huntsman Jr.
Nova Scotia (& 2013 provincial election); New Brunswick (& 2014 provincial election)
Dominion of Canada; Canadian federal election, 2015; United Democratic Federation; Canadian Alliance; Progressive Conservative Party; Alaskan Uprising; North American French
George Washington; Marquessate of Mount Vernon; Washington family
Commonwealth of New England; New England federal election, 2015; Liberty Party of New England; Conservative Party of New England; New England Gaelic; United Kingdom imperial election in New England, 2015
Commonwealth of Missouri; Missouri federal election, 2014; Amy Klobuchar; Progressive-Farmer-Labor Party of Missouri; Progressive Conservative Party of Missouri
United Kingdom of the Cape; Cape federal election, 2013; Annalie Gwabini; King Willem VI Themba; Capelanders; Provinces and autonomous regions of the Cape
Republic of Texas; Texans; Texan presidential and legislative elections, 2014; President of Texas; Prime Minister of Texas; Texan states; Texas-United Kingdom relations
Common Travel Area
Gibraltar; Victoria-on-the-Rock; Tetuan; 2015 Gibraltarian general election
These are all broken now.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
How are the governments of East Asia? Is the monarchy of Japan stronger than OTL due to beng on the opposite side on ITL-WWII?
Also, the USSR is more stable than OTL or it is simply on a slower decay?

Most East Asian countries are monarchies, generally constitutional ones although Sarawak is more semi-constitutional. The Philippines are effectively a “crowned republic” nominally under Elizabeth II. Indonesia is a loose confederal state, bringing princely, republican and settler states together. New Guinea is also going to be subject to some changes.

Japan’s monarchy is comparable in power to the OTLBritish monarchy. There were significant political, constitutional and cultural changes in Japan post-war, which included the end of the godhood of the emperor. It’s worth pointing out that Japan was semi-fascist during the war.

The USSR is significantly more stable now.

These are all broken now.

Yes, unfortunately when the forum updated to the new software a lot of old links were broken. I can’t access a lot of what I had bookmarked on this site :(