Hail, Britannia

Well, you can count the stars to see if it was updated or not. I think it is.

And that would be a bit too much to do for Leinad, surely, especially as I think the Grand Union Flag was only made somewhat recently.
It's very difficult actually as the flag is very blurry to me so couldn't really count them, did try but I once got 30 stars and the next time 32.
The Grand Union Flag has been updated to include 32 stars. The flag was a relatively recent creation, probably interwar or post-war, and definitely originated in British America as a less overtly religious and more equal national symbol. Probably adopted at the imperial level as a co-official flag during the Truman government.
I was thinking that the Grand Union Flag was something created due to the Act of Union 1876, but if it is a more recent design I can accept that.

It was more to see how the design (much like the American Flag) would change as new consistent countries came into being, joined or were recreated, even though I am British I find some videos which show how the America Flag evolved and why it evolved interesting to watch, as its one of the few Flags to do that.

I just thought it would be interesting to see a visual representation of how the Kingdom of Britain/UK/UKE has evolved over time, with the Act of Union 1707 in this TL being celebrated as the beginning of greatness Union on the planet.

A glorious update for the 4-year anniversary of this series! Thank you for all your work in creating this beautiful universe and it’s history!

What is the entertainment industry like ITTL? Is it based in California, as IOTL, or is it dispersed across the world? Is there a “Big Five,” and does it include Disney?

Happy anniversary!

What's the status of the native americans in this timeline? I know the Iroquois got a state but how did other native american groups like the Navajo and the Cherokee do?

Is there a version of this with a flattened map? If you're going to add Capeland to the CTA, that's Hawaii, Patagonia, Capeland, and all the rest of the UKE like Australia not shown in the current globe map.
I pointed out the map problem to LeinadB93 but only for Patagonia, so he knows and is probably working on it. We all have remember with all the changes to the timeline LeinadB93 has to go back and fix a lot of posts, which takes time.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Status = approval positive.

Brilliant :)

The changes seem to have been approved, so I'm going to tidy up the new updated QBAM and SVG world maps over the next couple of days.

Plus there are some ideas I've got about Anatolia and the Caucasus that I need to get some input on.

I suspect that with TTL Russia having a less rocky post-Cold War history, Make The Bear Angry Again stories won't be as popular.

On probably not as popular, but still there as a sort of reminisence of the Cold War antagonism and a recognition of the "lukewarm" relation between Britain (and the Common Defence Pact) and the USSR (and the Collective Security Treaty Organisation).

A glorious update for the 4-year anniversary of this series! Thank you for all your work in creating this beautiful universe and it’s history!

What is the entertainment industry like ITTL? Is it based in California, as IOTL, or is it dispersed across the world? Is there a “Big Five,” and does it include Disney?

I think Hollywood is still a centre for the entertainment industry, but it's also quite spread out over North America and indeed the world. This is what I've written previously:

I really need to do a post about the North American film industry ITTL...

Hollywood is still a major base for film companies, and is one of the areas of California where English is the majority language. But I was thinking OTL Fort Lee, New Jersey (needs a new name), Picture City, Florida, New Orleans, Acadiana and Cedar Park, Texas are all centres of the film industry in North America.

I had started to map out major British TV networks a while ago. But I think Disney was definitely there, along with the BBC, ITV, The CW others. TB has dones some work on TV broadcasting voer on Discord.

Happy anniversary!

What's the status of the native americans in this timeline? I know the Iroquois got a state but how did other native american groups like the Navajo and the Cherokee do?

Is there a version of this with a flattened map? If you're going to add Capeland to the CTA, that's Hawaii, Patagonia, Capeland, and all the rest of the UKE like Australia not shown in the current globe map.
I pointed out the map problem to LeinadB93 but only for Patagonia, so he knows and is probably working on it. We all have remember with all the changes to the timeline LeinadB93 has to go back and fix a lot of posts, which takes time.

Yeah the map will probably get looked at...

Dose Red Dwarf exist ITTL?

Oh definitely :)

@LeinadB93 are you planning on doing an map/post on how the Scramble of Africa occuredon the TL?
We already have a map of TTL Africa's colonial divisions.
Generally Africa is significantly better off than OTL, probably similar to Eastern Europe or Latin America in most places. Although there are several countries that would be considered "developed" by OTL standards. The colonial powers never carved the continent up as they did IOTL, however they did still claim spheres of influence. Morocco and Ethiopia were the only two nations to remain "completely" independent ITTL. Here's a rough map over modern borders, showing which country was the main colonial influence:

cBg3Zgh.png

I apologize for my earlier request, it was rude and in bad taste.

This is a fantastic timeline, and the lore and different nations are very interesting.

May I ask what is the Levant like? Is it a majority Christian population?

And has Brazilian Africa integrated well into Brazil?

And what is up with Morocco? How did it become fortunate enough to not be colonized?

Last edited:

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Just wanted to say I'm back, and very sorry for being gone so long.

I recently bought and moved into my first house :) which unfortunately has required an awful lot of work to get to a liveable standard.

I'm going to be a bit more frequent, but still going to be a bit hit and miss for the foreseeable future due to work and the house taking up a lot of my time...

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor

Better in some cases, but worse in others...

@Turquoise Blue has helped me come up with a few ideas. The clearance of the midwest still occurs, explaining the majority white status of Missouri. The First Nations of Canada and Oregon do much as OTL Canadian First Nations. The Iroquois have their own state - in the sense that certain tribal structures are preserved and the chiefs of the Iroquois nations sit in the province's upper house.

The Navajo are the most populous of the Texan First Nations, being a plurality in the state of Navajo - with many other Texan native americans making their home in the state, and the gradual merging of the various cultures is ongoing - leading to a synthesis of Navajo and other Texan native cultures.

The Cherokee still have a presence in Carolina, but mainly suffered the same fate as OTL with the Trail of Tears leading to their removal to what is now Sequoyah and Wichita. There many of the "southern" native american tribes have settled and much like in Navajo there us a cultural renaissance and synthesis ongoing.

What's Florida like? Is Ariana Grande still a music superstar?

Well Florida is majority hispanophone - which is very exciting :) I've been revamping their posts to reflect some new ideas. Very exciting!

Ariana Grande-Butera is a bilingual singer and actress from Florida, who is notable for performing in both English and Spanish language songs as well as a strong career on Broadway as an actress.

What happens to Pinochet?

Augusto Pinochet was the dictator of Chile from 1973 to 1995. More to come on Chile, but in the present it is a parliamentary republic with a ceremonial president and a prime minister as the head of government.

Unless I'm reading that map wrong, the province of Colorado doesn't cover the Colorado River.

But its southern and western border is the Colorado River.

I apologize for my earlier request, it was rude and in bad taste.

You are forgiven. Just please starting learning from your mistakes.

This is a fantastic timeline, and the lore and different nations are very interesting.

May I ask what is the Levant like? Is it a majority Christian population?

Not majority Christian - it's probably about 32% Christian, 32% Muslim, 30% Jewish, 6% other. It's a directorial republic modelled on the Swiss system - with a federal council made up of 3 Christians, 3 Muslims, 3 Jews and 2 others - a rotaing presidency, and a bicameral legislature with separate electoral lists.

And has Brazilian Africa integrated well into Brazil?

It's a comparable situtation to OTL Puerto Rico. I'd say Benguelans (the demonym for Brazilian Africa) see them selves as Brazilian but with a separate and unique culture. They enjoy the benefits of being "part" of Brazil, whilst also a moderate amount of independence in relations with Africa.

@LeinadB93 are you planning on doing an map/post on how the Scramble of Africa occuredon the TL?
We already have a map of TTL Africa's colonial divisions.
And what is up with Morocco? How did it become fortunate enough to not be colonized?

I might delve into it in greater detail, but the post before is pretty much still canon about the colonial divisions. Although Morocco may be retconned to be a French protectorate...

The borders are going to be adjusted slightly when I update the world maps - as much of Morocco's territorial gains came from post-colonial wars.

Last edited: