Hail, Britannia

Who are the current viceroys/governors-general of the Home Nations of the British Isles?

What became of the Thatcher family, Tony and Cherie Blair, and John Major?

What became of Joe Kennedy Sr.'s career after his time as Deputy First Minister in New England?

Last edited:
Hello! I just found out about this a few hours ago, and I just want to say thank you to all who have contributed to this magnificent thread. This might sound cliché, but you all have brought me happiness right when I needed it the most. Anyways, Hail Britannia and

God Save the Queen (-Empress)!
PS: The Philippines as a Commonwealth realm? God Save the Queen indeed!

The Commonwealth of the Philippines...​
Dame Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as President-General? Oh dear.
Monarchs of Great Britain and the Commonwealth (1701–)
snip...​
By the way, I can't find anything referring to the current title used by the Sovereign in the United Empire, or in Her other Realms. Is it just one title for all the Realms or is it like OTL, with individual titles for each Realm? And how would the Queen's title (or titles) appear in the coins of Her Realms?
...In the face of superior numbers, the defending British Commonwealth and Philippine forces engaged in a fighting withdrawal until by January 1942 most of the islands were under Chinese control and by April all Allied forces had surrendered.​
What happened to Philippine troops (who did not die, surrender or join the resistance) after the Surrender in 1942? Did some elements manage to escape to say, Singapore, Borneo, or Australia and continued the fight?

Cheers!

Great TL!
I see the area that in OTL corresponds to the Arrondissement of Grasse as part of Savoy rather than France. How did Savoy obtain it as OTL it has never been part of Savoy/Kingdom of Sardinia unlike Nice?

Why is OTL province of Massa-Carrara in the world map part of what I assume is the region of Liguria but in the electoral map it is part of a constituency that includes Emilian provinces?

How has the fact that the two main Australian parties (Labour and Liberals) are affiliated at the imperial level with two parties (SDP and AILR) that have often been in coalition together impacted Australian politics at the dominion level?

To which imperial party are Australian Democrats affiliated, SDP or AILR. Do they run against candidates affiliated with Labour or Liberal at the dominion level in imperial elections? Are there in general cases of parties of the same dominion affiliated to the same imperial party (besides regionalists like Russian Alaskans and Quebecois in Canada or Gaelics and Francophones in New England)?

Are there any notable Liberals who have switched to the Progressive Conservatives since the latter were founded?

What's the party affiliation of Joe Lieberman ITTL and how do northern conservative Democrats tend to align ITTL?

Could and did somebody economically fairly right-of-centre like Tsongas seek other majorities before forming a government with SDP?

Are there any offical statistical groupings of dominions like Northeast, South, Midwest and West for OTL US?

Has the federalization or, at least, the regionalization of Oregon ever been considered?

Sorry for the many questions but this timeline is very interesting!

Last edited:
So, this occurred to me the other day as I was doing some reading for a colonial American history class... families like the Stuyvesants enjoy a great deal of wealth, prestige, and political power to this day ITTL, while their original positions in British America (and elsewhere) were due, in no small part, to the slave trade and other forms of colonial exploitation. How is this reckoned with in contemporary politics and society ITTL?

Which party has reached the highest percentage of votes besides the big three in an imperial election held under MMP?

Of the other opposition parties, the moderate conservative Alliance Nationale (AN) under Wilbert Tauzin saw a decline in seats and overall votes, largely attributed to the UP's shift to the right on certain issues attracting support away from the AN. The PS saw their support almost double, primarily amongst inner city black creoles, although this didn't translate into a significant gain in seats, whilst the centre-right Avenir Démocratique (AD) managed to hold their four seats dispute losing votes. A major surprise in the results came when Marie Hébert, leader of the Démocrates Indépendants (DI), unseated former Chief Minister Charles Auradou from his seat in Saint-Rose—Lafreniere, doubling her party's representation in the National Assembly.
What's the difference between Alliance Nationale and Avenir Démocratique? What is the ideology of the Démocrates Indépendants?

I noticed collective leaderships are more common among right wing parties (Puerto Rico, Patagonia) ITTL than in OTL. Is there a reason?

How much "Carolinian" are Anglo-Floridians?

How did Blairism and Third Way succeed in the SDP with stronger Liberals (especially in Britain-in-America) than in OTL UK?

Every province/state/region of a federal/devolved dominion is entitled to at least one MIP. Is this mandated at the imperial level or is it a custom that every non-unitary dominion has?

Have smaller parties in France ever proposed electoral reform in change of support to the government of big parties?

What are the European Union parties/groups ITTL?

I'm extremely sorry for the extra questions but I'm new here and needed some clarifications that had not been asked.

Last edited:
I wonder what is the state of space travel in this world.
There is some information, on the post on the UKE infobox:
The Soviet Union’s 1957 launch of the first artificial satellite and the 1961 launch of the first manned spaceflight initiated the “Space Race”, a competition between the two rivals during the Cold War, in which a British-led Commonwealth mission landed a man on the moon in 1966. The Soviet Union launched the first space station in 1969, followed by the British in 1973, whilst the United Empire established the first manned lunar base in 1971, followed by the Soviets in 1974. Since then both countries have maintained a permanent presence in Earth orbit, since 2000 as part of the International Space Station, and on the lunar surface, alongside several dozen countries and organisations. The late 1980s brought a “thaw” in relations with the USSR, and its reorganisation in 1991 finally ended the Cold War and led to a warming of relations between the two superpowers. British-Soviet cooperation resulted in a cosmonaut participating in the 1993 Mars landing, and the international Hermes Mars missions have been an important part of international cooperation since then.

I know this thread is somewhat inactive (and I do hope LeinadB93 is okay), but I've been rereading old posts and I got somewhat curious—I read of both "Spain" being ruled by the real-life Spanish Bourbons and "Castile" being ruled by the Bourbon-Parmas, but there's only one country in the center of the Iberian peninsula, that is, other than Portugal, Catalonia, and the Basque Republic. Is there something glaring that I missed?

I know this thread is somewhat inactive (and I do hope LeinadB93 is okay), but I've been rereading old posts and I got somewhat curious—I read of both "Spain" being ruled by the real-life Spanish Bourbons and "Castile" being ruled by the Bourbon-Parmas, but there's only one country in the center of the Iberian peninsula, that is, other than Portugal, Catalonia, and the Basque Republic. Is there something glaring that I missed?
Because, IIRC "Spain" was a kingdom in exile, in the Caribbean.