Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by bob123456789, May 15, 2018.
When will you decide?
What no new world stuff? :[
make it South America in the 1800s. Peru-Bolivia especially.
okay ill ad the new world
and ill decide in 7 days
1. Norse conquest of Ireland
2. ATL History of the Vandal Kingdom (the Vandal kingdom does not need to succeed as a polity, it would be interesting with an ATL just for the sake of the story itself)
some ideas for this TL
- Vandal adoption of Berber alphabet, this will make the Maghreb more distinct than if it has Latin, Greek or Arabic alphabet.
- Religious conflict. Donatists, Arians, Trinitarians, Gnostics, Pagans, Plantonist, etc.
- Water scarcity
3. Crimean Goths remain the elite on the Crimean peninsula
4. Baltic paganism survives in christian dominated Baltics till 21st century similar to Yazidism or Zorastrianism.
1: there's no Inca, y u no inca?
2: Mississippi Watershed? It's what made the USA the strongest country in the world. Why not have alpacas somehow find their way up there?
3: Post Colonials? South America was full of conflict post-colonialism, could make a fun TL.
southern song dynasty.
ok guys im going to narrow down the choices by taking out the least popular choices that poll will last for 3 days and be called poll part two
I'd like something about a surviving Ming Dynasty in China but that's just my preference.
I'd like you to do one on the Merovingians uniting Europe. I mean, I want to do it myself but since your offering....
I'd like to see the Aztecs if you could have Quetzalcoatl stick around and teach them metallurgy.
In case he wasn't a feathered serpent but some explorer or castaway who showed up prior to the arrival of the Spanish. Whom the tribes believed was the returning incarnation of the god. And who wasn't sacrificed and had some knowledge of mining and was also a smith.
A stretch but......
I have confidence in you!
PS Nothing against glass edged swords vs steel, I like both. But the sacrificial element has to be changed up to make this work!
If you want to do a Vandal TL then i have alot of links that may be relevant on one of my threads.
Have you decided yet?
Perhaps you should combine Viking and Germanic categories?
Separate names with a comma.