GURPS Infinite Earths

Diamond

Banned
David S Poepoe said:
IThere are a few ATLs that were briefly covered in an old article in Pyramid magazine, which should have been included.
You wouldn't happen to know which issue # of Pyramid it was that had those ATLs, would you?

I dont have the Basic Rule book yet, but I have Infinate Earths.... What are Control Ratings (CR), and any other place I can find out what the scale of them are?

Diamond said:
You wouldn't happen to know which issue # of Pyramid it was that had those ATLs, would you?

Pyramid Magazine, number 15, September/October 1995

More timelines for GURPS Time Travel by Thomas Cron

Covers ATL: Technate, Albany, Moonstrike, Waldensia, Christian China, Pogo, Null-Pasteur, Macedonia-Weird, Emperor Burr, Vinland, St. Paul's Russia, Lightbend, Trotsky, Kirby and Spacenixon.

Control Rating

Control Rating is similar to Traveller's Law Level--higher numbers reflect a more regulated society. A CR of zero may allow personal posession of nuclear weapons, while a CR of six likely has survielance cameras everywhere, thought police if such are within the scientific/magical/psionic capabilities of the world.
Naturally, on such a small scale, there are vast variations between one CR 4 society and another.

Diamond

Banned
David S Poepoe said:
Pyramid Magazine, number 15, September/October 1995

More timelines for GURPS Time Travel by Thomas Cron

Covers ATL: Technate, Albany, Moonstrike, Waldensia, Christian China, Pogo, Null-Pasteur, Macedonia-Weird, Emperor Burr, Vinland, St. Paul's Russia, Lightbend, Trotsky, Kirby and Spacenixon.
Thanks very much! They even had the article online at the Pyramid website.

One of my favorite Weird parallels:

Macedonia-Weird
The existence of this Quantum 3 timeline offers proof that history and humanity can take some very strange paths. Here, Alexander the Great survived malaria in 323 B.C. and went on to conquer Rome, Carthage and China. His descendents colonized the Americas, unified the Amerinds, wrote the ultimate encyclopedia and built steam-powered vehicles. By 1400, a world Macedonian state existed.

It was about 1500 that things started getting weird. A cadre of officers took over the Macedonian moon colonies in that year and seceded from Earth. The development of near-sentient computers in the 1540s resulted in the formation of an illegal underground organization called the Technos Legion, dedicated to a rule by scientists. The similarity of the Legion to the rulers of Centrum is frightening. An eccentric genius, Arelo Destos, reputed to be a member of the Alexandrian royal family, achieved an engine capable of pushing a spaceship to three-fourths the speed of light in 1589, and the Great Colonization began. Hundreds of thousands of Earthlings colonized hundreds of worlds, enlarging the Macedonian Empire to a mind-boggling size. This in turn led to the Earth-Jazdan War of 1620-1642, an interstellar war with the fascist Jazdan Empire, a race of insectoid aliens. The war ended with a cease-fire. A new complication to a very complicated culture was added in 1710 with the founding of the Institute for Psychic Studies Ð a school that taught its students how to harnass psychic and psionic powers. By 1740, thousands of people were using psi powers.

By 1805, the Macedonian civilization was at Tech Level 13 and very aggressive under its arrogant ruler, Alexander XXXX. That was the year the Lunar Republic, aided by the Jazdans, nuked Earth with over 400 nuclear warheads. Civilization was destroyed and the Lunans and Jazdans divided the planet between them, each planning to betray the other when expedient. The Jazdans were wiped out with a genetically engineered virus in 1866, leaving the Lunans in control of the Earth. Today Ð the current year is 1996 Ð Earth is a wasteland inhabited by mutants, psi-powered descendents of survivors, animals evolving sapience and the still-extant Technos Legion. Current Tech Level for the Earthlings is 5, the Lunans, 13.

Needless to say, this timeline is off-limits to everybody but the highest echelons of Infinity and the I-Cops. If any of the disparate peoples of Macedonia- Weird get hold of a conveyor, they would have their own within a year. What's more, some of the mutants and psis might develop world-jumping powers. This Quantum 4 timeline is a major headache for Homeline.

Straha

Banned
I like to imagine what would happen if the dimension war wasn't between Homeline and Centrum but between either one those timelines and another one...

Thande said:
In one of my ATLs the 3rd Reich is when Germany annexes and incorporates the Austrian part of Austria-Hungary, and the 4th is after the second global war in which Germany was partitioned between France and Russia before being liberated and restored. This is the flag of the 3rd and 4th Reichs:
Does anyone know if Thande posted this ATL on the site? It sounds interesting.

BTW, what are some of the "Reich" GURPS TL's?

I remember one Reich had an atomic war between Germany and Japan (Germany won a Pyrric victory). Another has a kind of Cold War between America and Germany. Yet another has America all that is left of Democracy, fighting a losing war with the Reich. These are by memory...I sold my books to move into my little apartment.

Straha

Banned
Reich 1 has the US massing an invasion force

Reich 2 has the US on a losing side of a cold war

3 Reich 4 had a nuclear war