Groß-Deutschland map

JJohnson

Banned
I'm also figuring on the time zones in this timeline, which will hopefully be more logical...

GMT-1 - Portugal
GMT - UK, France, Spain, Andorra, Netherlands, Belgium, DE (Alsace, Lorraine, Luxembourg, Rhineland, Westphalia)
GMT+1: Switzerland, DE (remainder of country), Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece (left of Central Macedonia province), West Poland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
GMT+2: DE (East Prussia, West Prussia, New East Prussia, eastern portion of South Prussia), Greece (remainder of country), East Poland, Moscow

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Susano

Banned
I'm also figuring on the time zones in this timeline, which will hopefully be more logical...

GMT-1 - Portugal
GMT - UK, France, Spain, Andorra, Netherlands, Belgium, DE (Alsace, Lorraine, Luxembourg, Rhineland, Westphalia)
GMT+1: Switzerland, DE (remainder of country), Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece (left of Central Macedonia province), West Poland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
GMT+2: Greece (remainder of country), East Poland, Moscow

Suggestions?

I dont really like split countries. Might be necessary in territories as big as the USA, but apart from that...

JJohnson

Banned
This Groß-Deutschland is also pretty big - about 825,000 km2 in size. The time zones we have currently in Europe were partially a result of WW2, so I figure an alternate war would still give an alternate time zone arrangement. As for Germany, using Blomma's map as a starting off point:

GMT-1: Portugal

GMT: Lux, Lorr, Als, Saar-Pf, Rhein; Westfalen (Münster Regierungsbezirk); Italy (Savoy, Nice, Aosta, Piedmont, Liguria, Carthage); Spain, France, UK

GMT+1: Hanover, S-H, Pom, Silesia, South Prussia (Bromberg and Posen Regierungsbezirke), Austria, Bohemia, Moravia, Bavaria, Baden, Wurttemberg; most of Italy is in this zone

GMT+2: East Prussia, West Prussia, New East Prussia, South Prussia (Warschau); West Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary are also in this zone

Im finally done!

Europe, 1948: (not 1946 since i figured it would take at least 2 years to reorganize the new states)

Epic map, Fine sir:cool:

lol, I'd like to print it on a big (BIG) poster and replace the real "After WW2" map in one of the classrooms in my school... (Of course, when the teacher isn't looking)

Imagine the teachers response when looking at the map, looking away, then looking back again... "Um wtf??... WTF??"

Again; Epic map:D

Epic map, Fine sir:cool:

lol, I'd like to print it on a big (BIG) poster and replace the real "After WW2" map in one of the classrooms in my school... (Of course, when the teacher isn't looking)

Imagine the teachers response when looking at the map, looking away, then looking back again... "Um wtf??... WTF??"

Again; Epic map:D
I triple dog dare you to do this nefarious deed, and sit back and watch how long it would take a history teacher to notice.:D:D:D:D But, then again if said history teacher was poorly trained for his/her job, he/she will probably never notice that the countries on the map are strange looking. An easier option is to print the map normally, and slip it into a historical atlas w/ similar sized pages, and similar styled maps, and see how long it takes before someone realizes that something isn't right.:D:D:D:D

I triple dog dare you to do this nefarious deed, and sit back and watch how long it would take a history teacher to notice.:D:D:D:D But, then again if said history teacher was poorly trained for his/her job, he/she will probably never notice that the countries on the map are strange looking. An easier option is to print the map normally, and slip it into a historical atlas w/ similar sized pages, and similar styled maps, and see how long it takes before someone realizes that something isn't right.:D:D:D:D

Hahah XD:D good idea

JJohnson

Banned
A possible Africa map; Shades of gray are for German-controlled areas; shades of reddish are for British areas. Gibraltar is integrated into the UK, as is Malta. I gave the reordered 'colonies' different shades and borders, as an ATL would likely have a few differences. Pink China is communist; Green is the Republic of China. After WW2 continued a bit longer, Germany claimed a port on the Pacific as an 'Overseas Territory', Japan was enlarged a bit, and Britain gets New Caledonia.

The internal divisions on Germany are off, I know, as I was not able to find a comparable map already having them.

On another note:

Would someone be able to clean up this map of the Volga German Republic to a style similar to the Groß-Deutschland map, showing the individual provinces/capitals? I also found another map for the Volga Republic, giving the entire outline of the land. There are 14 Kantons in all.

Comments?

Last edited:

JJohnson

Banned
New Alsace

I'm wiki-fying everything from this timeline, making articles for each division (Regierungsbezirk, Bezirk, Gemeinde) and am using Blomma's maps as base. Starting with Alsace, I'd start with OTL Alsace with Belfort added to it. I have the upper half of Alsace ready to go, just need to add Belfort onto the lower half. Lorraine will be easy, as it's same as OTL. Other states will take a little more time...

I do need a bit of help creating a good wiki template for each division - state, regierungsbezirk, bezirk, gemeinde, and city. I copied from Wikipedia, but they don't look completely exact in comparison to wikipedia, so if anyone's a good wiki-template maker, I'd appreciate your help on this. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JJohnson

Banned
On the wiki-side, I need a bit of help getting the new countries into the 'location' png images. This is the regular Germany, but we'd need a new UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Volgaland, Germany, Romania, Ukraine, Greece, Italy, Belarus, Bulgaria, and Lithuania on it...my mapping skills aren't the best in this respect, unfortunately...

I'm working on using the existing map of Groß-Deutschland for the pushpin location images at the moment, so take a look.

JJohnson

Banned
Time Zones

Preliminary Time Zones for Europe:

Europe_Time_Zones_by_JJohnson1701.png

Portugal: GMT-1
Pink: GMT
Yellow: GMT+1
Green: GMT+2

I colored only the European countries.

Last edited:

JJohnson

Banned
I was a bit too lazy to color all the small bits. Suffice it to say, they're in the same timezone as the rest of their countries :)

JJohnson

Banned
Bump for the thread. Anyone mind taking the Volgaland and cleaning that map up for use as a country map? Thanks in advance!

JJohnson

Banned
Very good map, Frankolio!

One other thing I was thinking in this timeline, considering France and Spain are the big bads here...give the Basque their own country, due to being put into work camps or something along those lines.