Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
July 4th 1992, the NBA Finals has concluded

NBA Finals

Golden State 4-3 Detroit
Golden State wins it's first title in over 20 years and becomes not only the first 7 seed to go to the finals, but also the first to win the finals

July 14th, 1992: In a blockbuster trade, The Dolphins trade Dan Marino to the saints for Bobby Hebert, 1993 1st and 2nd round picks, a 1994 1st round pick, and Quinn Early

What.

The idea of a contending team trading away their franchise player - one who would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer up to that point alone and is still in his prime - for an unremarkable QB and a whole lot of potential is absolutely ASB. If Marino were a disgruntled star on a shitty team, this trade would make sense, but it’s hard for Marino to be disgruntled when he’s less than two years removed from winning the Super Bowl and still has most of the team that got them there.

Basically this would be the Deshaun Watson potential trade without the legal issues. And let’s just say that, if the Texans had won a Super Bowl recently, that trade would be unthinkable.
I agree with Colonel Zoidberg. This trade would be ridiculous in any circumstance. Unless Marino hits somebody with his car this is ASB.

MLB, NBA Drafts
June 1, 1992: The MLB Draft occurs. Here are the notable picks:

Phil Nevin, Orioles
Derek Jeter, Expos
Jason Kendall, Braves
Charles Johnson, Solons
Johnny Damon, Padres
Todd Helton, Mariners
Jon Lieber, A's

June 24, 1992: NBA Draft top 5 picks:

Shaquille O'Neal, Hornets
Alonzo Mourning, Kings
Christian Laettner, Timberwolves
Jim Jackson, Magic
LaPhonso Ellis, Bullets

Yeah. Let’s wipe that out if everyone’s OK with it. If the Saints want to offload Hebert and build for the future, maybe they can hose a shitty team that ends up with the #1 and gets Bledsoe.
Anything is better than the pure lunacy of Dan Marino being traded. How incompetant could somebody be to see somebody suggest giving the Saints a good QB and turn that into the Dolphins trading two average players and a pick for a Hall of Famer in his prime coming off a Super Bowl win not two years previous. I mean C'mon.

NBA Shows their cards
June 30, 1992: The NBA announces its intentions to add two more teams. They announce they will have one team for the Eastern Conference and one team for the Western Conference. Immediately the following cities try to court the league:

Buffalo
Baltimore
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Louisville
Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Boise
Vancouver
Hartford
Richmond
St. Louis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Oklahoma City
Mexico City
Memphis
Nashville
Edmonton

Last edited:
June 30, 1992: The NBA announces its intentions to add two more teams. They announce they will have one team for the Eastern Conference and one team for the Western Conference. Immediately the following cities try to court the league:

San Diego
Baltimore
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Louisville
Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Boise
Vancouver
Hartford
Richmond
St. Louis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Oklahoma City
Mexico City
Memphis
Nashville
One problem with the list, the Clippers moved back to San Diego after Donald Sterling died and new owners bought the team

Anything is better than the pure lunacy of Dan Marino being traded. How incompetant could somebody be to see somebody suggest giving the Saints a good QB and turn that into the Dolphins trading two average players and a pick for a Hall of Famer in his prime coming off a Super Bowl win not two years previous. I mean C'mon.

Even in threads like this, there should be a thought process to changes. Jeter to the Expos? Solid (although this Yankees fan is struggling a bit with it…and odds are he probably will finish his career in pinstripes because that was his stated career goal.) But it works well and it will work well long term.

Also, glad Mexico City is on the NBA expansion list.

Even in threads like this, there should be a thought process to changes. Jeter to the Expos? Solid (although this Yankees fan is struggling a bit with it…and odds are he probably will finish his career in pinstripes because that was his stated career goal.) But it works well and it will work well long term.

Also, glad Mexico City is on the NBA expansion list.
Yankees... Red Wings... Dolphins, who the heck is your NBA team? (I'm of course a Suns fan being from AZ, but I like the Trail Blazers more since I live near PDX. Also the 2001 World Series was the best World Series ever and Luis Gonzalez is the biggest Hero in the history of American Sports.) Just intrigued since you sound a little like a bandwagon fan, no offense. (Dolphins because Dan Marino, Yankees because duh, Red Wings because of all that success in the 90s/2000s/early 2010s.

Yankees... Red Wings... Dolphins, who the heck is your NBA team? (I'm of course a Suns fan being from AZ, but I like the Trail Blazers more since I live near PDX. Also the 2001 World Series was the best World Series ever and Luis Gonzalez is the biggest Hero in the history of American Sports.) Just intrigued since you sound a little like a bandwagon fan, no offense. (Dolphins because Dan Marino, Yankees because duh, Red Wings because of all that success in the 90s/2000s/early 2010s.

It was Dallas (as a fan of Mark Cuban) after the NBA lockout, though that team was my only reason to follow the league. When word about their toxic culture came out, I stopped following the league altogether.

Incidentally I’m from central Ohio; the Yankees had their AAA team here, and Derek Jeter was Clipper of the Year before he moved on to the Yankees and became who he is. I actually had my picture taken with him, though I had probably the ugliest hair and glasses on the planet. (It’s also how I got attached to the Red Wings - before we had an NHL team, they and the Penguins were the closest thing we had to local teams.)

It was Dallas (as a fan of Mark Cuban) after the NBA lockout, though that team was my only reason to follow the league. When word about their toxic culture came out, I stopped following the league altogether.

Incidentally I’m from central Ohio; the Yankees had their AAA team here, and Derek Jeter was Clipper of the Year before he moved on to the Yankees and became who he is. I actually had my picture taken with him, though I had probably the ugliest hair and glasses on the planet. (It’s also how I got attached to the Red Wings - before we had an NHL team, they and the Penguins were the closest thing we had to local teams.)
Oh, okay. Phoenix didn't have an MLB team for a while (not until I was 8) and I wasn't into baseball until the D-Backs came along (got into sports as soon as AZ got a big four team so Basketball and Football were my first loves since the Suns and Cardinals came along before I was born), but they had a minor league team and I believe it was I wanna say it was a Brewers farm club when I was a kid but I'm not sure. Guessing you're too young to remember the Cleveland Barons (the O.G. Ohio NHL team) when they were a thing (my Dad actually has an old Barons hat).

Oh, okay. Phoenix didn't have an MLB team for a while (not until I was 8) and I wasn't into baseball until the D-Backs came along (got into sports as soon as AZ got a big four team so Basketball and Football were my first loves since the Suns and Cardinals came along before I was born), but they had a minor league team and I believe it was I wanna say it was a Brewers farm club when I was a kid but I'm not sure. Guessing you're too young to remember the Cleveland Barons (the O.G. Ohio NHL team) when they were a thing (my Dad actually has an old Barons hat).
I am a Hurricanes fan, but other than that I am all Detroit. I was 4 and Lions were my favorite animal, and then I learned there was a team in the NFL called Lions. I also supported the Tigers and Pistons about 2-3 years later. But I never adopted the Red Wings, so I failed to support the best team in the city of Detroit. Pain.

I am a Hurricanes fan, but other than that I am all Detroit. I was 4 and Lions were my favorite animal, and then I learned there was a team in the NFL called Lions. I also supported the Tigers and Pistons about 2-3 years later. But I never adopted the Red Wings, so I failed to support the best team in the city of Detroit. Pain.
Well now the Red Wings are shit too.