• Warships

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Blue Crabs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
July 11, 1991: The Cleveland Indians fire John McNamara as manager. The team has the worst record in the A.L, and the second-worst record in MLB at 31-60. Only Montreal, at 27-63, is worse

July 13, 1991: Rookie Curt Schilling goes to the mound to face off against the Kansas City Royals, with a win tieing them with Minnesota for first place. He has his best performance yet: 9 IP, 0 ER, 1 Hit Against, 17 K's, 0 BB, 104 Pitches Thrown. On the same night, Greg Maddux continues to make his case for NL Cy Young, throwing a Perfect Game with 15 K's

Just a heads-up, this is Maddux’ second perfect game in 1991 alone. To my knowledge, no MLB pitcher has ever thrown two perfect games in a career, let alone in the same season. So if he DOES pull this off, it would be an historic achievement on the level of…uh, something REALLY awesome.

Just a heads-up, this is Maddux’ second perfect game in 1991 alone. To my knowledge, no MLB pitcher has ever thrown two perfect games in a career, let alone in the same season. So if he DOES pull this off, it would be an historic achievement on the level of…uh, something REALLY awesome.
If anybody could do it, it would be Greg Maddux

My MLB Award Predictions (Not part of Timeline, just a thing I thought it was a fun idea)

AL
MVP- Ken Griffey Jr. (c'mon he's gotta)
Cy Young-
Roger Clemens
Rookie of the Year- Curt Schilling
Manager of the Year- Cito Gaston

NL
MVP-
Greg Maddux
Cy Young- Greg Maddux
Rookie of the Year- Jeff Bagwell
Manager of the Year- Don Zimmer

My MLB Award Predictions (Not part of Timeline, just a thing I thought it was a fun idea)

AL
MVP- Ken Griffey Jr. (c'mon he's gotta)
Cy Young-
Roger Clemens
Rookie of the Year- Curt Schilling
Manager of the Year- Cito Gaston

NL
MVP-
Greg Maddux
Cy Young- Greg Maddux
Rookie of the Year- Jeff Bagwell
Manager of the Year- Don Zimmer
I agree with these predictions.

Lofton debuts
July 23, 1991: Kenny Lofton makes his MLB debut against the Yankees. It was a 17-inning game, Lofton went 3-7 with 4 stolen bases and a Home Run in the 15th inning. The Yankees ended up winning, and Minnesota beat Milwaukee to tie up the Division.

Injury in the Rockies, New Stadium in ATL
July 29, 1991: Frank Thomas collapses to the ground legging out a ground ball in a game against the California Angels, grabbing his foot. He is helped off the field and taken to the clubhouse. However, this seems to inspire the Zephyrs to victory, as they come back from a 9-4 deficit to win 10-9. This puts them within 5 games of the Twins and A's, who are tied for first place in the AL West.

August 1, 1991: Ground breaks on the new Atlanta Falcons dome. Rankin Smith and Jerry Glanville take the shovel to begin.

Injury update in MLB, Heritage Series and Winter Classic matchups revealed
August 3, 1991: Frank Thomas is revealed to have a Torn Achilles Tendon, meaning he will miss the rest of the season and won't return until January of 1992

August 5, 1991: The NHL Announces that the Heritage Series matchup, in Tiger Stadium, will be a matchup between the Red Wings and Minnesota North Stars. The Winter Classic will be in Veterans Stadium between the hometown Philadelphia Flyers and the rival Pittsburgh Penguins.

August 7, 1991: Roger Clemens throws a complete game shutout against the Royals as the Red Sox win 4-1 to tie Toronto and Milwaukee for first in the competitive AL East.

August 9, 1991: It is revealed that either Jerry Colangelo or Frank and Arthur Griffiths will land the San Francisco Giants, the announcement will be made at the conclusion of the regular season as the Giants sit in last in the NL west.

August 11, 1991: Don Mattingly hits two HRs and drives in six runs as the Yankees, winners of seven of the last nine, defeat the Zephyrs 9-2 and move within three games of first in the AL East.

August 12, 1991: Tony Gwynn equals Mattingly’s performance from the day before as the Padres crush the Astros 11-0 to stay tied for first with Atlanta. The Dodgers sit one game back.

August 13, 1991: The city of Winnipeg begins working with the Jets and Blue Bombers to build a multipurpose facility to be home to both teams.