Greatest Alternate History Military

Thanks, CFly! You're very kind!

Regarding the TL. As you might know, I'm danish, so it's a question of doing the translation and I'm kind of lazy, so... :) But I'll give it a go one of these days, now that I'm being asked!

Best regards!

- Mr.Bluenote.

Honeste vivere, alterum non ladere, suum cuique tribuere!

This is from an Alternate (British Empire Survives type) I wrote as a roleplaying setting once. Not an entire military, but it is a start:

Royal Maritime Infantry
The Royal Maritime Infantry Divisions are Britain's finest fighting force. Drawn from all parts of the Empire and beyond (I Division is Anglo-Canadian, II Division Indian, III Division from New Zealand and IV Division is recruited from foreign volunteers, mostly from the United States) they are trained to high standards and equipped with the finest that Britain’s armouries can give them. Royal Marines (soldiers from all divisions are called that, though technically it is correct only for 1. Brigade I Division) wear camouflage uniforms at all times – their privilege – and maroon berets. The men enlist for four-year terms and many make a career of soldiering. On leaving they are almost guaranteed civilian jobs in corporate security.
Each Maritime Division is fully mechanised, has its own artillery brigade and is wedded to a fighter-bomber squadron of the Naval Air Wing for tactical air support. I Division also includes two aerorifle batallions with their own transport aircraft, III Division a brigade of horse cavalry and IV Division a company of motorcycle troops. The Royal Navy can deliver two of them to any point in the world within eight weeks. This is considered sufficient to decide up to medium-sized wars, and it is rarely done. More commonly the Marines are used in dribs and drabs, by company or batallion, in keeping with the general parsimony of the Admiralty.
Marines, both active and former, make good PCs for a military or adventure campaign. They have a reputation for rowdy behaviour, a penchant for getting into fights and arguably the finest combat training in the world. Traditionally they call each other ‘Mate’, and the call “Help, Mates!” will draw responses from every active and veteran Marine within earshot. All Marines must be good riflemen and competent in close combat techniques and bayonet fighting. Most are also familiar with explosives and automatic weapons, both of which they tend to use more than strictly necessary, and can drive autos and lorries. In addition, boating, parachuting, firing mortars or field guns, mountaineering, survival and technical skills are common among them. All men of II Division learn how to use the cutlass (Shortsword), III Division teaches horseback riding to all its members and IV Division emphasises fieldcraft.