Great Big Worlda Collaborative Project

What should the premise be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rough History
Right, I think I'll call the poll there. So tech equalization seems to be the winner, and I think we can proceed with that.

So in terms of POD suggestions, we would be leaning into ASB, here's my rough proposal of the history of the world.

A highly efficient crop is discovered in all parts of the world. Able to grow in nearly any climate, easily cultivated, and providing a great, regular yield, the crop kickstarts the agricultural revolution. Producing regular surpluses, the crop allows society to advance at a rapid pace, with populations growing and established settlements quickly displacing the hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

This worldwide civilization growth is steady and consistent with native empires rising and falling, mirroring the advancement of OTL Europe. By the 500's By the early 1000's, Australia is fully explored and integrated with the wider Afro-Eurasian trade networks.

By the 1200's Afro-Eurasia and the Americas make first contact, on the island nation of Hawaii. This is quickly followed by meetings on Greenland, Iceland and Punta Delgada. The limited nature of these first contacts and the fortuitous exchange of less-lethal forms of disease leads to the wider populations of both continental systems becoming largely immune fairly quickly. Mass deaths for occur but they are limited and manageable.

The two continental systems are evenly matched in terms of technology, with the Americans slightly more advanced in life sciences due to their variety of ecosystems of their continental axis. The Afro-Eurasians are more advanced in physical sciences, mostly due to the larger population bases and constant warfare. The technological exchange is mutually beneficial, and regular transportation lanes across the Atlantic and pacific speed up technological growths to greater heights. By the 1500's the industrial revolution is in full swing and by the 1700's this world has reached the same level of technology as us OTL.

By the year 1800, the world congress is formed, with the participation of the multinational orgs, and establishes the first human presence in the stars.

By the turn of the millenium in the year 2000, humanity has spread to the stars, terraformed multiple planets, discovered wormholes, and stands at the edge of the most destructive conflict the human world has ever seen.

As always, please speak up about any changes or suggestions.

So next up, we need to flesh out the factions. If @Fred Guo @Fox-Fire @Pax Americana @CannedTech @Baconheimer and @Christory would each pick a continent and roughly sketch it out with the various states and their position in the multinational "federations" that govern each continent, we can proceed. (I'm assuming if you replied without being pinged, you are interested in participating)

I'll post the master earth worlda as soon as I get home so we aren't working on versions with minor variances.

Is it too late to ask to join this project?
If not, could I claim North and Central America?
(If you say no, I'll totally understand. I only was just recently made aware of this)

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Rather than a crop (which would deviate the OTL wayy too much), we can have the natives develop a new way of farming or have one of their genes immune to "white men diseases."
EDIT: I completely misread the premise Bicentius gave out, so disregard that as the only ISOT. The point I gave out can rather be a regional ISOT.

I'll choose East Asia.

Last edited:
Earth Claims
We'll do it by this map:
j_mgrsd-2018-0001_fig_002.jpg

Claims:
East Asia - @Fred Guo
South Asia - @Bicentius
Southeast Asia/Oceania - @XFE
Australasia - @CannedTech
North America - @mikroraptor
Central America -@mikroraptor
South America - @Fox-Fire
North Africa/Middle East/Central Asia - @Pax Americana
Sub-Saharan Africa - @Baconheimer
Europe - @APeninSpace
Eastern Europe/Siberia (Russia) - @Cantra

Last edited:
Is it too late to ask to join this project?
If not, could I claim North and Central America?
(If you say no, I'll totally understand. I only was just recently made aware of this)

Feel free to drop in, but you'll need to chose between Central America and North America.

Can I take Russia? What do I have to do?
Yup! If you've read both of the premise posts, all you have to do right now is flesh out (in a text post) the basic multinational organizations (federations) in your region. So the territory of Russia would be split between an Eastern Europe "federation" comprised of the native inhabitants of the land (A Russians state, Ukrainian state, Caucus state etc.) and the Siberian "federation" comprised of states made up of the native inhabitants (Siberian tribes and natives).

When I get home, I'll post a worlda map version that people can use for their regions and you can start sketching out your nations on that.

Starforce

Banned
Yup! If you've read both of the premise posts, all you have to do right now is flesh out (in a text post) the basic multinational organizations (federations) in your region. So the territory of Russia would be split between an Eastern Europe "federation" comprised of the native inhabitants of the land (A Russians state, Ukrainian state, Caucus state etc.) and the Siberian "federation" comprised of states made up of the native inhabitants (Siberian tribes and natives).

When I get home, I'll post a worlda map version that people can use for their regions and you can start sketching out your nations on that.

Well, my idea for that is those federations are simply just one, creating an all Slavic Pan-national state. I will call this Pan-National Slavia. It is a union of all the Slavs and Siberians all organized around a central common goal, the preservation of the state and the Unity of the state, aswell as other goals, like expanding space colonies and acquiring all resources. All of this is part of the state's governance and this hypothetical country is both authoritarian and not, they have long since washed free of any opposition within their country hundreds of years ago and created something new. It's original formation was rather brutal, though as time went on this new form of government did quite well, with minor variations it stands as a totem to the victory of the Slavs over the former enemies of the nation. It is also a bit occultist in nature, and it's leader is called the Vozhd. Their society is based upon the acquisition of resources, expansion into interstellar realms, and industrial expansion. They have the largest railways (or equivalent in nature) in the entire world, connecting the far east to the west with ease.

This is...Pan-National Slavia
OBPe1sV.png

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work. I feel it is both against the spirit of the idea, and even if it wasn't, implausible seeing as all civilizations are around the same technology level.

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work. I feel it is both against the spirit of the idea, and even if it wasn't, implausible seeing as all civilizations are around the same technology level.
I could see a state like this emerging from like, a Polish-Muscovite Commonwealth or something, but I'm not sure about the details

Starforce

Banned

I could see a state like this emerging from like, a Polish-Muscovite Commonwealth or something, but I'm not sure about the details

Open to ideas, here. Is it all supposed to be one or several nations?

Open to ideas, here. Is it all supposed to be one or several nations?
It's supposed to be a "Multinational Federation" which I think can be interpreted to mean multiple things. For example, you could have a United country consisting of many Slavic nations, or something like a Slavic EU, United economically/militarily, but not politically

Starforce

Banned
It's supposed to be a "Multinational Federation" which I think can be interpreted to mean multiple things. For example, you could have a United country consisting of many Slavic nations, or something like a Slavic EU, United economically/militarily, but not politically

That seems interesting. I could go with saying that a Polish-Russian nation and a large Siberian nation are the 2 largest / most influential, then the smaller nations are tied to them economically and military, basically creating a sort of EU between them with those 2 larger more powerful nations influencing them all.