Graphics Timeline - A Greater East Asia

Empire of Japan
  • Hello, this thread is for a timeline I thought up which will primarily be explained through fake wikipedia-style pages and various graphics. It focuses on the idea of a large Japanese Empire which is democratic and less antagonistic or aggressive. There are some other divergences in the rest of the world, but I'll reveal those slowly - and through the lens of Japan. Without further ado...

Japan

qqgwu0o.png

MVOsIUe.png

slightly bigger map

Last edited:
    Chosen / Korea
  • Chosen / Korea
    32bRUqT.png

pCeCEpP.png

DQcXtmW.png

kbHisUU.png
    A small note about the Korean language: ITL it is written in a mix of Hanja (Chinese characters) and Hangeul. Korean uses the same character set as Japan (Shinjitai). It is sometimes written completely in Hangeul for clarity (as Korean literacy is not universal). Romanisation ITL is typically the Aihara system (not real OTL), which is based on Hepburn Romanisation of Japanese.

Last edited:
    Hawai Prefecture
  • Hawai Prefecture

TNRlGk5.png

lIFJNjI.png

Green and yellow were taken from the former flag of the Kingdom of Hawaii. The symbol of Hawai is the stylized kanji 布 from (Hawai).
    ekhNGhw.png

Map does not show the South Pacific territories of Japan

The Hawaian language is not recognised in any official capacity, though it has some cultural usage in tourism and pop culture (TV, anime, manga). The orthography ITL uses Katakana (like Ainu OTL) though it is sometimes transliterated into Latin for tourism and translation of media.

Last edited:
    Hyoshodo / Alaska
  • Japanese Alaska and Hawaii are interesting ideas. I'm sure the Yellow Peril went into overdrive after Japan annexed Alaska.
    It did indeed change America for the worse, but we'll get to that later ;)

QGpKshb.png

8InXyJd.png

The symbol is a simplified 氷 from 野道 ("Hyoushodou")
    That's all I have planned for Japan and its territories, so next will be on other GEAP member states.

Manchuria
  • Manchuria
    joMGv2D.png

ZTDg22m.png

The yellow represents the Manchu people while the blue represents the Mongol minority.
    enfTLTJ.png

The Manchurian anthem, "Manchuria lives!" It has only 3 lines, and all of them begin with the same phrase.
    Translation: Our Manchuria still lives, in our hearts/minds.
    Our Manchuria still lives, as the Heilongjiang (Black River) flows.
    Our Manchuria still lives, truly, Manchuria lives!
    note: it's my first time ever writing a piece of music, so it's kind of boring, but I thought it'd be an interesting experiment. If anyone is interested to know, the lyrics and Manchuria's name are all written in ITL "Manchurian Standard Chinese" which is written mostly with Japanese-standard Shinjitai Kanji/Hanzi. I had to cross-reference which characters fit or didn't fit. The one difference between MSC and Shinjitai is grammatical articles, which are more simplified and follow Nanjing Standard Chinese (used ITL in the Republic of China).

Last edited:
    Republic of Man (West Africa)
  • Leaving Asia for a bit, Republic of Man:
    JvpLlXF.png

49onVxm.png

The four joined stars represent the former 4 territories of American West Africa which rebelled against the United States. The sun represents the bright future of the ROM. "Join or Die" is the state motto, to show the inspiration taken from early American separatists (the ROM views the original American Republic as good, while the current one is evil).
    That's right, there are African states in GEAP! Also: American Africa ITTL was totally a thing and also not very cool. It caused some other butterflies that I'll get into later ;)

(note: if anyone can recommend a good national anthem for the ROM, I'd love to hear. I love "wade in the water" but it's not very anthem-y)

Last edited:
    Primoria
  • Back to Asia with Primoria

qEZzmGV.png

rmrO6Tb.png

The flag of Primoria is taken from the old Russian Naval Jack, since much of the Pacific fleet defected to the White cause. The Primorian Eagle is derived from the Tsarist and later Russian Republic Eagle, but it has no crown and bears a shield with the Primorian flag.
    Notes: Pravgorod is OTL Vladivostok. It was renamed for politics. The name comes from "Pravo" as in "right". The national anthem is planned to be replaced (the lyrics are about Russia), but none of the proposed replacements ever achieved much popularity.

Last edited:
    The African Wars pt 1
  • I was teasing for a while, now it's here

The African Wars - part 1
    9dgk0Wf.png

VO6ReFR.png

Some crazy stuff going on in that "Land of the Free"

The African Wars pt2: Assassination of Richard Nixon; Capitol Hill Massacre
  • Assassination of Richard Nixon; Capitol Hill Massacre

86g1KPz.png

Yeah so the more intense colonisation of Africa led to a harder stance against Civil Rights, so America is waaay behind ITTL. This leads to more unrest and ultimately, THIS. Someone threw a rock at Nixon really hard, and he hit his head hard on the ground, killing him. Secret Service shoots everyone and riots ensue. Military intervenes. Military knows the war in Africa isn't sustainable and makes a new gov't.

tl;dr someone threw a rock at nixon

edit: reformatted a bit

Last edited:
    China
  • African Wars will be finished next time, now here's China

5d6n04z.png

f4cejev.png

WE3OIdl.png

Chinese Unification Flag
    edit: fixed "aksai chin" being mentioned twice instead of "arunachal pradesh"

Last edited:
    The African Wars pt 3: Katangan War
  • The last part of the African Wars series: The Katangan War

4OhuDw2.png

Next post will be a new arc focused on Europe

The USS
  • Successor to the USSR: the Union of Sovereign States

C5AiIut.png

basically New Union Treaty happens but the restructuring weakens its unity. Each member is an independent country, and the USS ends up working like an EU-type system.

WW2
  • Final chapter(?): WW2

Dn3J2bv.png

Germany and Austria ITTL are like Japan IOTL, but unlike OTL Japan there's no reason to rearm (no resurgent Russia here).

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that's all for this timeline. There are a few things I brainstormed that I've not made posts about, but there isn't much to say about them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.