Graphic Thread

FRU_Evolution-01.jpg

Hapsburg

Banned
A prominent emerging character (one of the player characters in the TTRPG I run for my sci-fi setting).

Susan Urquhart Sakura Helena Irma "Sushi" Higginbotham III, a businesswoman-turned-mercenary with one unusual quality: she is neither human nor alien, but a genetically-engineered "uplifted" feline.

Her creator, Jane Harmon-Higginbotham, gained fame and fortune initially through publishing a wildly popular and merchandisable series of children's and young-adult fantasy novels in the early 2600s. She turned her fortune into a business empire that expanded into biotechnology, eventually becoming the Higginbotham Group, a leading brand in genetic engineering, gene augmentation, and "bioentertainment". Controversially, Harmon turned her fantasy world into reality, through experimentally engineering "talking animals" and placing them on a privately-chartered colony planet; this expensive venture, the fulfilment of her life's fantasies, was monetized in order to fund her research and creations, through televised docu-drama programming. She personally created a lineage of uplifted cats as her first experiment to prepare for this; Sushi was the latest in this line, outfitted with not just a complex brain, but cybernetics allowing her to walk upright.

In her old age, Harmon prepared Sushi to be her successor as president of the company; she wrote her into her will as the beneficiary of her estate-in-trust before she died in 2694. Due to Sushi's non-citizenship, this trust was placed in the custodianship of Harmon's nephew, Hanzo, who has sought to prevent Sushi from taking her rightful place. Her allowances from her trust fund only go so far in providing for her lifestyle, and she needs another way to pay for a lawyer.

Obsessed with having an aristocratic bearing and appearing as human as possible, Sushi has taken to the stars, joining up with high-paying mercenaries to pursue her goals-- not through violence, but through using her charm, wits, and good manners.

Sushi.png

Last edited:

SuperZtar64

Banned
Some more little graphics, these ones all whipped up by my younger brother @AlfLandonFan

Bell collapsing in polls in the North.
1673649998353.png

Democratic Jerseyites reject the fusion ticket.
1673650052743.png

First call of the night.
1673650113288.png

Missouri is still too close to call.
1673650139676.png

1674552072988.png

So I was wondering how a 50s/60s Confederate Football/Soccer kit would look like.
I based this simple design on the Civil War uniforms of the confederate army.

Do you have any ideas how a CSA kit would look like?

AI-generated but, it turned out well - while I don't condone the use of AI for commercial purposes (since the AI algorithms are trained on the art of people that weren't paid for it), it's quite useful to spice up niche, non-commercial content such as alternate history timelines. In this case, I tried to recreate an OC I made up for Player Two Start quite a long time ago, M.S. - an alternate Club 27 member with Justin Bieber's origin story (discovered by an established artist on a video website), but whose career and personality were the result of the timeline's butterflies (namely, an earlier East Asian music boom in the US, and Chris Chan making things harder for autistic people everywhere by going on a murder spree, so I conceived her as a weeaboo in dire need of therapy)

yu8cV3K.png

@Nivek @RySenkari

AI-generated but, it turned out well - while I don't condone the use of AI for commercial purposes (since the AI algorithms are trained on the art of people that weren't paid for it), it's quite useful to spice up niche, non-commercial content such as alternate history timelines. In this case, I tried to recreate an OC I made up for Player Two Start quite a long time ago, M.S. - an alternate Club 27 member with Justin Bieber's origin story (discovered by an established artist on a video website), but whose career and personality were the result of the timeline's butterflies (namely, an earlier East Asian music boom in the US, and Chris Chan making things harder for autistic people everywhere by going on a murder spree, so I conceived her as a weeaboo in dire need of therapy)

yu8cV3K.png

@Nivek @RySenkari
Nice for the tag but I still prefer badly trying to draw than a algorithm

Nice for the tag but I still prefer badly trying to draw than a algorithm

Same here, tbh.

AI's good for memes (for example, those movie clips where Arnold Schwarzenegger and Nicolas Cage are cast in roles they should never have been associated with) and some alternate history stuff (sometimes, you need a realistic picture of an elderly Bruce Lee or James Dean for an infobox, and a bad drawing would break the immersion), and I like to see if it can generate some incredibly absurd or niche shit, but IMO it should be monitored and regulated, to keep abuses from happening (that are already happening).

Same here, tbh.

AI's good for memes (for example, those movie clips where Arnold Schwarzenegger and Nicolas Cage are cast in roles they should never have been associated with) and some alternate history stuff (sometimes, you need a realistic picture of an elderly Bruce Lee or James Dean for an infobox, and a bad drawing would break the immersion), and I like to see if it can generate some incredibly absurd or niche shit, but IMO it should be monitored and regulated, to keep abuses from happening (that are already happening).
I can't draw to save myself, and I'm well aware of how easily my frustration can lead to a self-induced spiral of thoughts about my perceived lack of creativity and skill, so I've been using an anime AI character generator to flesh out the visuals for the characters in my new story to go along with character sheets, etc, and world building.

Granted, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to make pictures look less derpy because it bugs me, but at least I'm convincing myself my wasting my time on the is more productive than if I was just playing a mobile game.

The world map I made myself, though, because I love making maps.