Graphic Thread

The Alfa Romeo Alfetta Quadrifoglio Verde, always during the VW AG era...

Alfa Roméo Alfetta.png

"We Beat 'em Before..... We'll Beat 'em AGAIN!"

American propaganda poster of the Third World War (1939-1946) against the fascist Greater British Realm. Deliberate comparisons are drawn up with the American Revolution - just as the fledgling Thirteen Colonies and the others that joined them crushed King George's tyranny, so too, at least according to the poster, will the United States of America, now a shining beacon of democracy and liberty stretching from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, from the Caribbean to the Amazon, from sea to shining sea, take down the tyranny of the Imperial Union of Fascists in London and the odious apparatus of their Empire.

among.png

From my super-Ameriwank timeline, A More Perfect Union. Credit to dacorn for the poster.
My guy if you're gonna steal an idea at least change the name of the thing you stole.

View attachment 777482

A reference sheet for my "Washington-Lee" dynasty in a monarchical USA. Full names and the particulars of children in each generation are probably not finalized. Much of the artwork by others, but I tried my own hand with the personal standards, which was a fun bit of work.

edit, bonus: American nobility. Cassique/Cassiquise is missing, sitting below Baronet, but not very rare actually.
View attachment 777483
Any thoughts on how america's limited peerage interacts with the government? It seems mostly honorific from the start so I'm assuming the senate and house are as otl.

Any thoughts on how america's limited peerage interacts with the government? It seems mostly honorific from the start so I'm assuming the senate and house are as otl.
Definitely mostly honorific, but not without some power. Most nobility will already be leading citizens no doubt, and many will be the aristocracy of OTL's South anyway, so a good bit of social status goes hand-in-hand with the titles. I imagine that the monarchy and government alike will be prone to hand out bigger titles to people who make certain contributes to the purse, but also to honor great military triumphs. Especially capable, influential, or rich Senators and Cabinet Secretaries would get titles. So nobility is frequently awarded to recognize extant power moreso than to create it.

Even with a monarchy in place, hewing as close to OTL as I would like, it is hard to imagine the nobility being very empowered anywhere outside of the Old South. But I am trying to figure out how they can interact with the state de jure as well. I am leaning toward Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, and maybe Maryland being Dominions (as well as any states/provinces created from them), where the monarchy appoints a Governor-General. I imagine the monarch is nominally responsible for appointing Governors of territories and districts as well (including the Louisiana/Orleans District when it is acquired).

Definitely mostly honorific, but not without some power. Most nobility will already be leading citizens no doubt, and many will be the aristocracy of OTL's South anyway, so a good bit of social status goes hand-in-hand with the titles. I imagine that the monarchy and government alike will be prone to hand out bigger titles to people who make certain contributes to the purse, but also to honor great military triumphs. Especially capable, influential, or rich Senators and Cabinet Secretaries would get titles. So nobility is frequently awarded to recognize extant power moreso than to create it.

Even with a monarchy in place, hewing as close to OTL as I would like, it is hard to imagine the nobility being very empowered anywhere outside of the Old South. But I am trying to figure out how they can interact with the state de jure as well. I am leaning toward Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, and maybe Maryland being Dominions (as well as any states/provinces created from them), where the monarchy appoints a Governor-General. I imagine the monarch is nominally responsible for appointing Governors of territories and districts as well (including the Louisiana/Orleans District when it is acquired).
In which case, will they have a sort of House of Lords type thing as an upper house? Maybe similar to the Representative Peers of the UK House of Lords, with nobles elected by other nobles.

In which case, will they have a sort of House of Lords type thing as an upper house? Maybe similar to the Representative Peers of the UK House of Lords, with nobles elected by other nobles.
Not necessarily. However the US Senate was historically selected by the States on whatever basis they felt appropriate. Dominions and Provinces with empowered nobility could earmark all their seats for Lords, but this would usually be by convention. Only South Carolina might be so bold as to mandate it. New Englanders will probably find that comparison more objectionable.

Speaking of South Carolina, some states may well have an effective House of Lords. Plenty of states got as close as they could historically anyway.

edit - Ultimately, I think the most fun is to be had from a US as close to ours as plausible, but with the Washington dynasty as monarchs. A fairly republican minded people with a crown, despite the trouble inherent. A kind of place Viscount Franklin would be proud of.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. However the US Senate was historically selected by the States on whatever basis they felt appropriate. Dominions and Provinces with empowered nobility could earmark all their seats for Lords, but this would usually be by convention. Only South Carolina might be so bold as to mandate it. New Englanders will probably find that comparison more objectionable.

Speaking of South Carolina, some states may well have an effective House of Lords. Plenty of states got as close as they could historically anyway.
Sorry - I was referring to states' upper houses.

Sorry - I was referring to states' upper houses.
Then - yes. I think so. The Carolinas at some point in history seem to have wanted that and that motif is partial inspiration here. Much of the South will have historically been lorded over in this way and some places probably still are.

edit for graphic: Sir Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill. The Viscount Franklin on $50. And King George I on the $100.
currencyUSD10.png

currencyUSD50.png

currencyUSD100.png

Last edited: