Graphic Thread

Although the Roman emperor to be conferred the title of pharaoh was Maximinus Daza (reigned 311–313 AD), there were royal cartouches dating to later times. The last known cartouche dates to the reign of Constantius II. Interestingly, the pagan Egyptians posthumously used cartouches of the late Diocletian than acknowledge the Christian emperors. This is my take, a very admittedly liberal take on a hypothetical Egyptian stele commemorating the reign of Constantius II. As this is several decades following Constantine legalizing Christian worship throughout the Empire (and Egypt), this is a fusion of late Egyptian and early Christian aesthetics. Next up is Justinian and Theodora before skipping ahead to the Islamic invasions.

Constantius-IIsmall.jpg

I can't stop it, so sorry...^^

Here's a screenshot of the official lyric video of Őrszem and their song "Láncok és bőr" from their first album "Fémlázadó" on YouTube (uploaded on the H-Music Hungary channel):
q3nIep8.png

A piece of pixel art to give an idea of what the setting of my Oceanpunk Map is like:
pceanpunk1.png

An Anachronistic blend of a post apocalyptic Waterworld and a romanticized and Fantastical vision of the Age of Sail and the Golden age of Piracy.

As for the map, I posted it on the map thread.

Last edited:
hittube.png

Screenshot from my tried-and-failed Blood and Soil timeline: Adolf Hitler's third year anniversary speech of Victory Day.

Last edited:
Imperial Grand-Admiral.png

Thanks to the models of Mbouillot on Deviant Art, ill been able to do this.
I'm quite happy for a first try. I'm still not able to definire the crossed lightnings, but still i'm happy.

However this should be a Grand Admiral of the imperial navy of Galileo, in my setting Nemesis.

View attachment 737106
Thanks to the models of Mbouillot on Deviant Art, ill been able to do this.
I'm quite happy for a first try. I'm still not able to definire the crossed lightnings, but still i'm happy.

However this should be a Grand Admiral of the imperial navy of Galileo, in my setting Nemesis.

Never really seen white on double breasted coats.

In irl wet navies it is mostly dark blue double breasted winter uniform and white single breasted summer/tropical uniforms.
Dunno if there are any big exceptions to that OTL.
(Edit: Japanese winter uniforms while dark blue/black are single breasted)

That said there is certainly nothing stopping such an uniform in a sci-fi setting. Looks good anyhow.

Last edited:
Never really seen white on double breasted coats.

In irl wet navies it is mostly dark blue double breasted winter uniform and white single breasted summer/tropical uniforms.
Dunno if there are any big exceptions to that OTL.

That said there is certainly nothing stopping such an uniform in a sci-fi setting. Looks good anyhow.
I could shamelessly copy the Gundam's Zeon colors and patterns or stuck on my own.
I decided to go with with, remembering Star Wars, were imperial GAs wear white, and mixed.

Probably, if Galileo has a wet navy(and it has, because owns large areas on Earth) i'll go with the traditional colors.

Probably not entirely fitting to be posted here but whatever, This thread is probably the best place for it:

Modern History.png

A future timeline/map series I made privately, thought posted some bits from.

Feel free to ask about any period you see (thought up to 2020 it is OTL).

Some of the things I'm posting here would've been cross-posted in the Photos form Alternate Worlds page. But being that they're mostly not-photos, they're probably better fit here.

Portrait of General Alexander Julius Vox, 1st Prince of Tycho. Better known as Xander Vox, Director-General of Republic Security. He is a high-level civil servant holding the simultaneous pay and rank of a Grand Marshal in the Security Service, a Senior Chief of Police, and an Undersecretary of State Security. His personal relationship with Emperor Maximilian led to his appointment as head of the Imperial Guard, which developed into a senior political appointment to head various government departments tasked with VIP security protection and then with the secret police apparatus after Maximilian set aside his imperial titles and was elected Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. In the aftermath of the disorganised response of local police forces to the Pirate War in 3285, he arranged the absorption of all police agencies into his Republic Security Department. His name became associated in the minds of dissenters with terror and repression--though those loyal to the New Order saw him as a crusader for stern justice and order. His affinities are also closely aligned with the Rycon princely family, being that his father was a lesser prince of the Lunarian nobles; he pushed for recognition of his paternity and was given a noble title and estates on Luna in the waning days of the Terran Empire.
In truth, however, Vox is a sadistic psychopath, much like his rival in State Security, General William J. McGrady. Before his political career, he was a brutal mercenary alongside his half-brother Brian Kessar--who joined State Sec as well--and then was a brutal police enforcer. He ruthlessly carries out Maximilian's will purely because it gains him more power.

View attachment 272717
That's a painting of Joachim Murat, one of Napoleon's Marshals and ruler of the Kingdom of Sicily.

Edit....I may have accidentally picked a post from 2016. Ignore this post, please.

Last edited:
Election- / campaign poster against the CDU in Saxony-Anhalt in 1985, in the case Germany became unified and neutral (and democratic, of course) after WWII:

Dp9FpB0.png

It says:
"State legislature election in Saxony-Anhalt on May 19th, 1985
Go voting !!!
Against nuclear power plant in Calvörde
Against raising poverty in the cities
!!! Against the CDU !!!"

waWjF51.png

Logo of the UPB, a defunct right-wing political party calling for the union of Poland and Belarus under somewhat dubious pretenses. The party's missions states:
  • Belarusians are Poles who were assimilated by Lithuanians and Russians, and have since forgotten their true heritage
  • The Belarusian language is actually the Polish language which was forced to use the Cyrillic alphabet, which mutilated it beyond recognition
The UPB came to be during the occupation of Belarus and actually achieved substantial popularity due to its appeals to Polish nationalism, which was riding high in the wake of the Polish victory over Russia. The party was largely forgotten after Belarus elected its first post-war government and Polish troops pulled out. It later merged into PiS.

Probably not entirely fitting to be posted here but whatever, This thread is probably the best place for it:

View attachment 739593
A future timeline/map series I made privately, thought posted some bits from.

Feel free to ask about any period you see (thought up to 2020 it is OTL).
Was Faster than Light travel ever developed? Are there any autonomous (non-human) systems used like drones?

Was Faster than Light travel ever developed? Are there any autonomous (non-human) systems used like drones?

I haven't thought much for after the start of Pax Venusia but if FTL is developed it'll be later than 3000.

Drones? Definitely. No full on sapient AI yet, but some very advanced drones are certainly used.

What does "interwar" refers to ?

It refers to time periods between major wars of course, like the historical Interwar Era (noted as the 1st Interwar Era in the post). Thought in the case of the 2nd Interwar Era it was between the 1st and 2nd Cold War.

Generally used to refer to the time periods that are not Cold or Silent Wars (a Silent War is much like a Cold War, but with more internet and less fear of extinction (because humanity is dispersed among multiple celestial bodies). Pretty much equilavent really, but Silent became a more popular terminology than Cold in the general interplanetary era) and also not major wars.

It is not really a term used contemporarily. Rather being a designation used by historians.

Hapsburg

Banned
That's a painting of Joachim Murat, one of Napoleon's Marshals and ruler of the Kingdom of Sicily.
Well, yeah. I took a portrait of Murat and edited it, because Murat's appearance was remarkably close to what I envisioned for the fictional character. Mainly I tweaked the nose, facial hair, and chin, and added a scar.