Graphic Thread

PSX_20211224_163305.jpg

Could someone clean up this picture so that the names are readable?

Interesting.

Some context, please.
The SAC was set up after the Great American War of 1966-73 to help build ties between the new Black-majority sovereign states in the South, mostly created by the Treaty of Saint Petersburg - plus Acadiana, established as a refuge for Cajun and Creole Louisianans, and Kanawha, an Appalachian state established by a miners' strike-turned-revolution. Though the states are wildly different in many ways - Acadiana is the poorest nation in North America, while Mississippi FS is about as wealthy as OTL Italy - the continuing threat of revanchism, plus a desire to keep the economic imperialism of other world powers (particularly the nearby Texian Empire) at bay, has led to more and more integration over time (though the success of the Mississippi Independence Party and Alabamian Party of Hope indicates that not everyone is very happy with that).

The SAC was set up after the Great American War of 1966-73 to help build ties between the new Black-majority sovereign states in the South, mostly created by the Treaty of Saint Petersburg - plus Acadiana, established as a refuge for Cajun and Creole Louisianans, and Kanawha, an Appalachian state established by a miners' strike-turned-revolution. Though the states are wildly different in many ways - Acadiana is the poorest nation in North America, while Mississippi FS is about as wealthy as OTL Italy - the continuing threat of revanchism, plus a desire to keep the economic imperialism of other world powers (particularly the nearby Texian Empire) at bay, has led to more and more integration over time (though the success of the Mississippi Independence Party and Alabamian Party of Hope indicates that not everyone is very happy with that).
Do I want to know what happened to the rest of the US?

Do I want to know what happened to the rest of the US?
It sort of fell apart over the last half of the 19th century. Individual US states are de facto at least as independent as, say, EU member states, which has worked better for some states than others. The largest cities in the United States are Chicago and Detroit, approximately tied at around four million people each.

who are the faceclaims for all those people?
Lynne McCloskey: former Washington Representative Jolene Unsoeld
Antonia Schiaparelli: New York State Senator Alessandra Biaggi
Patricia Harvey: Minneapolis City Councillor Robin Wonsley Worlobah
John Malcolm Patton: Houston City Councillor Edward Pollard
Adrienne Landry: former New Orleans City Councillor Stacy Head
François-Philippe Toups: Louisiana Representative Troy Carter
Jerry LeFleur: legal scholar Stephen L. Carter
Catherine Browning: Harris County Criminal Court at Law No. 12 judge Genesis Draper
Jack Morgan: New York Representative Ritchie Torres
Marshall Rogers: former Missouri Representative Emanuel Cleaver
Anurag Lal Yadav: former Governor of the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago Jwala Rambarran
Titus Carlton: former candidate for Texas Representative Wesley Hunt

Recently, I've been trying to think of cool ideas for an Early Medieval timeline. I started messing around with the Portrait Maker for Crusader Kings II (HIP mod) trying to come up with interesting characters just as a creative project to pass the time. It's actually entertaining, and I saved a few that I made so far and figured I would share.

Bashīr al-Dīn al-Saqlabi, ʾAmīr of Ṣiqilliya
Bashir the Slav, a renowned Umayyad soldier and the Governor of Sicily
for the Caliphate

Bashīr al-Dīn al-Saqlabi, ʾAmīr of Ṣiqilliya.png

Hróðgeirr Hóskuldson, Ourghos tōn Varángōn
Hrothgeir Hoskuldson, a lieutenant of the Varangian Guard mentioned in Byzantine sources
in 1023 for attempting to murder the Emperor Stephanos Tzykandeles, allegedly
at the behest of agents of the Pope in Rome.
Hróðgeirr Hóskuldson, Ourghos tōn Varángōn.png

Ibrāhīm Sayf al-Dawla, ʾAmīr of Frangistan
Ibrahim of Andalus, a key figure in the Muslim conquest of Occitania in the
11th century, victory of the Battle of the Aveyron, and later the Governor of the
conquered territories on behalf of the Umayyad Caliph
Ibrāhīm Sayf al-Dawla, ʾAmīr of Frangistan.png

Konstantinos Arbantenos, Stratēgos tōn Anatolikon
Constantine Arbantenus, Commander of the Anatolian territories, kingmaker in Byzantine
politics during the turbulent period of the Italian Wars, and eventually murdered after
his failed bid to ascend to the Imperial throne after the death of Basileus Tzykandeles in 1029
Konstantinos Arbantenos, Stratēgos tōn Anatolikon.png

Stephanos Tzykandeles, Basileus Rhomaíōn
Byzantine Emperor in the early 11th century, oversaw the culmination of the ecclesiastical
and theological disputes between the Eastern and Western Churches afterthe Ravenna Conference
in 1020, was severely disfigured in an attack in 1023 allegedly ordered by the Roman Pope, and
then kicked off the Italian Wars in order to both forcefully realign the Church and as a broader
project of shoring up Byzantine power on the Italian peninsula. He died from chronic illness in
Stephanos Tzykandeles, Basileus Rhomaíōn.png

Not going to pretend that this is accurate Greek or Egyptian (doubtful that I could find anything online) or good but it's more on me deciding to finish up something that I did for myself. It's supposed to be my attempt at a stele of Queen Zenobia of Palmyra commemorating her conquest of Egypt.

"I am the glorious Septimia Zenobia, the Queen Mother, the Great Lady of Protection and the daughter of Antiochus. All that I have achieved so far and yet to achieve is done in the name of my son Vaballathus and according to the will of Isis and Serapis. I am Syrian but my primordial roots called on me to return to my ancestral city and assume my natural birthright. On the twenty-fifth day of Phaōphí which corresponds to the seventh day of Gorpiaios, the Year of Alexander 582, I set out from the east to restore order to Egypt. My enemies were numerous but I emerged triumphant. Upon my arrival at Memphis, I assumed my destiny as protector of the Upper and Lower Countries."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642911613459.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642911613459.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 155
Posters that I used in my map of post-Oceanian Great Britain.

This one is based on a Nazi poster.
ApkEjfv.png

This one is Soviet.
FJx0SGy.png

And this one on is American.
djL2mX4.png

The book constantly mentions the Mongolian faces of the Eurasians. It would be convenient to use the same posters for Eurasians and Eastasians.
jet9mT9.png

Actually, there should be three-year plans in Oceania, not five. But in the USSR, the five-year plan was once replaced by a seven-year plan (1959-1965), so it will do.
kY7cQl9.png

I wanted it to sound a little less like an open threat and more like an encouragement.
lyXVBUB.png

And a bonus - The Junior Anti-Sex League poster. The problem is that the red ribbons for AIDS awareness only appeared in 1991, so the League's scarlets sashes can't symbolize it.
VbkzTEb.png

Posters that I used in my map of post-Oceanian Great Britain.

This one is based on a Nazi poster.
ApkEjfv.png

This one is Soviet.
FJx0SGy.png

And this one on is American.
djL2mX4.png

The book constantly mentions the Mongolian faces of the Eurasians. It would be convenient to use the same posters for Eurasians and Eastasians.
jet9mT9.png

Actually, there should be three-year plans in Oceania, not five. But in the USSR, the five-year plan was once replaced by a seven-year plan (1959-1965), so it will do.
kY7cQl9.png

I wanted it to sound a little less like an open threat and more like an encouragement.
lyXVBUB.png

And a bonus - The Junior Anti-Sex League poster. The problem is that the red ribbons for AIDS awareness only appeared in 1991, so the League's scarlets sashes can't symbolize it.
VbkzTEb.png
That's really cool