Graphic Thread

It's not a timeline, but a 2009 NASA research paper simulating a counterfactual where no effort was put into fighting ozone depletion - the paper referred to this alternate Earth, devastated by rising UV exposure, as "A World Avoided". This then inspired @ItsMyKetchup to create his CNN website and NYT front page graphics, taking place in that setting.

What the actual fuck.

Not surprising though - even when the human race numbered just a few million people, armed with nothing but bow and spear, we still managed to drive whole species extinct and permanently alter entire ecosystems. It's a miracle we didn't annihilate ourselves and every other living species on Earth as soon as we found out how to make bronze tools.

crossposting from my tl
1.png

I presume the POTUS was either killed or the WH directly hit? If the former, he must've not gone to Florida on the day, so another POD. Otherwise, very nice!
It actually hits the Capitol. Post-attack legislation is much more severe, leading to a War on Terror times ten and a Middle Eastern disaster

SuperZtar64

Banned
Huh, where can I find that TL?
A World Avoided? Just scroll up a bit. It's not a proper timeline, it's a series of graphics detailing a world in which a small POD in the 1960s leads to the Montreal Protocol never being signed and thus the ozone hole continues to expand. There are just two so far.

x3H1Zge.png

Notes:

1. To all the Hungarians (and non-Hungarians too) who are familiar with Ossian... I'm a huge fan of that band since approx. 11 or 12 years. And for this TL, I changed the setlist and length of the "25 éves jubileumi koncert"-DVD and other small little things here: In this TL, the band recorded the songs "Metál-vihar", "Legyen Rock" and "Kialtás a melyből" during the same recording sessions like of the "Acélszív" album, but these three songs didn't make it on the album, so the band decided to release these on an E.P. called "Volt valami maradt" circa half a year later. Plus they kept the endings of "Rock'n'Roll lány" and "Metál nemzedék" like on the demotapes for the final album versions. "Metál-vihar" has only released on the "Volt valami maradt"-E.P. (and on the best-of, but see further below) and not later on the "A szabadság fantomja"-album.
The song "Az utolsó lázadó" has been released on the same-named recording only, not again on "Fémzene".
"Trianon" is a longer song, that's why it has a length of more than six minutes here on the DVD.
Ossian released a 2CD-best of in late 1998, entirely re-recorded (30 songs). Also they translated the whole best-of into English by Endre Paksi singing-in the songs into English.
They released the (also longer) 1998 "Koncert"-live album also on VHS and later on DVD.
Also they released a live-VHS in Febuary 1993 called "Rockerek vagyunk!". Gig on this one was the Budapest-gig on September 19th 1992.

2. This release takes places in the same TL as the Őrszem-releases (see here and here). More stuff of this TL, including not only Hungarian Metal-stuff, to come. But please be partient, it needs its time.

The sequel to an example of the TL where GM disappeared over 10 years ago. The lists of US models still available:
Marques US sans GM- 2.png

Last edited:
Not sure if to post this here or in the anime thread, but given it is pixel art and not anime, I guess it belongs here. I did a lil "portrait" I was itching to do ever since I finished this map, and I made it in the same style as the map so, here it do be:

Better Pixelae.png

I may do one of Mars also, but I do not guarantee that lel. I just stole the Stellaris "Royal1" outfit thing, with the cape. In-Universe a portrait like this would probably be available in the "Infoviewer" app, accessible only to either the aristocracy, and even then the upper echelons of it, or the royal family. Done in Photoshop for those who want to know. It can be better but heh. Enjoy

Deleted member 77383

If anyone has any timelines set in modern day explaining things like an alternative Cold War or so, please do share them! I’d love to see it. :)

Stretch

Donor
It actually hits the Capitol. Post-attack legislation is much more severe, leading to a War on Terror times ten and a Middle Eastern disaster
Ah, ok, just that the description of the single flight changing the world made me think it was bigger than that.

Font Text Thingyae.png

Donno how much of a graphic this is, but I made a script! Meant for writing Auld French, or other languages in it. I started with Proto-Sinaitic (top row), which I edited a bit (2nd row) and then "standardized" it so all letters can be both easely recognizable and fit the same shape, thus making it easy to write. Original idea was to make something more... Arab-looking, given I love that aesthetic, but that will come later on probably.

A few things you should notice/know

1. C and K have been merged. They make the same sound in all languages but English, so no need for 2 different letters. For example, depending on how you pronounce Caesar (I do with a soft C), you'd spell it either as Kezar or Sezar.
2. U and W got merged. Don't think I need to explain why.
3. I and Y got merged. Bis.
4. Q got deleted. It existed in V1 and V2, but by V3 I decided it is unneeded, given its sound can be done by K. I may need to add some separate "variants" of K to work for softer C situations which English lacks but, at least Romanian, has.

In the end, I ended up re-inventing the wheel, or in this case, the Greek Alphabet. B and D look familiar, so I gotta do something about that. I also hate how M looks, so in future versions I may make it more recognizable, or at the very least, simpler.

It looks like a decent, and fairly plausible IMO, alternate Greek alphabet.

Merging those letters makes a lot of sense.

The use of <Q> has fluctuated back and forth over time - Greek used it for a time, but it fell out of use due to sound changes, and Latin <Q> used it before rounded vowels, and later only for /kw/.

Did Angevine undergo a similar range of sound changes to OTL French?

It looks like a decent, and fairly plausible IMO, alternate Greek alphabet.

Merging those letters makes a lot of sense.

The use of <Q> has fluctuated back and forth over time - Greek used it for a time, but it fell out of use due to sound changes, and Latin <Q> used it before rounded vowels, and later only for /kw/.

Did Angevine undergo a similar range of sound changes to OTL French?
Well, Auld French was meant to be a conlang (I said I'll do this summer but alas I did not). Basically it was meant to be French but with Latin pronounciation/Old French words. Think of Romanian without the Slavic words. It probably would undergo some changes (given the language, depending on your prefered canon, has existed for over 500 years.) but idk

They make the same sound in all languages but English, so no need for 2 different letters. For example, depending on how you pronounce Caesar (I do with a soft C), you'd spell it either as Kezar or Sezar.

1. No they don't. For example, in Turkish C is /dʒ/ while K is /k/ or /c/.

2. Kaizer would be the most accurate.

The Vampire & Dhampir Society.png

The Vampire and Dhampir Society is a register charity and American vampire rights organization based in Bloodyland and led by vampire, lord jairus in 1946.​