Graphic Thread

Thomas27

Banned
Beyond the Black River - The Priestess illustration
Book is available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N3K59M4
And French version here: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08N3LX8BN
thomas-diana-beyond-the-black-river-the-priest.jpg

I've skipped a spaceship because I finished this one more recently, but I once again bring you a Crumpleverse starship, this time to start 2021. This one is what in many other settings would be called a colony ship.

debewo4-dd2122d7-ad5e-4e2f-88c7-30082b031ea2.png

National Responders Association
NOaRuR3.png
The National Responders Association was founded in 2335 by Nathan Orville in the ruins of Seattle. Orville was born in Sanctuary Hills, United Commonwealth on January 1st, 2299. As a youth, Orville signed up to serve with the Minutemen and would end his service in 2318. Orville never liked to stay in one place and so decided to travel. This led him to the Republic of Appalachia where he followed the training of the local responders. By 2321, Orville was a full member of the Responders and a Colonel in the Minutemen. After 5 years, Orville was again on the move. He walked all the way through a dangerous wasteland and the various small Legion successor states, Orville arrived in the Mojave Province of the New California Republic. One of the first groups that Orville was directed towards was the Followers of the Apocalypse. The Mojave chapter of the organization flourished, with the Old Mormon Fort becoming a University. Orville took a liking to the group and joined their ranks. By late 2334, Orville set out on a journey for the northern reaches of the NCR. Orville reached the NCR outpost on the outskirts of Seattle. Orville noticed that the Pacific Wasteland lacked a stable organization like the Followers, Minutemen, or Responders. Orville used the military ideals of the Minutemen, the Medical skills of the Responders, and the Educational skills of the Followers to found the National Responders Association. The NRA is one of the factions that is fighting over the ruins of Seattle. The others include the Fir Tree Front, the Merrymen, and the Free Canadian Army.

---
Note: This isn't based on any mods, I just wanted to combine my three personal favourite factions from Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76 into one organization.

This is a cross post of some side content/a flash forward from my TL Commonwealth, Confederation and Concert. It is the emblem system of the TTL present-day supranation government that is the Concert.

---

Government unviels new visual identity for all departments and agencies - Whitehall Weekly, 23rd July 2020

Following on from May's election and the accompanying machinery of government changes by the new ministry, the Government has introduced a revision to the official visual identity used by all departments and executive agencies.

Per the accompanying internal guidance, the visual identity, like the system it replaces, is based around the Concert crest, with departmental colours being the only thing to differentiate between an otherwise uniform approach between all organisations. The main difference is the crest itself, which is simplified and stylisied compared to the outgoing version. The Department for the Cabinet and Premier says this is to allow the same version to be scaled to any size, giving more continuity between everything from large billboards to the government's social media accounts, and to give a more modernised and approachable look than the prior exact replication of the coat of arms.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 19.32.59.png

Also changing is the main font, to the specially commissioned Downing, so named because it is inspired by the Downing Street signage that has since become entwined with the office of the Premier and by extension the Concert Government as a whole. The new 'principal' logo also gives more prominence to the confederal motto "E pluribus unum", which has been removed from the crest itself as part of the facelift.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 19.31.16.png

For the wider visual identity, the biggest change is that "Concert Government" is now included in all organisation logos. DCP says this is to emphasise a "one government approach" and better reflects how people see the Concert government. A spokesperson told us "We know it is of course important to be able to identify the work of individual departments. We also know that for most Concert citizens their biggest concern is that the government is improving their lives and prospects rather than how precisely it's organised, which is why we now identify ourself as the 'Concert Government' first and foremost before mentioning specific organisations within it." This explicitly excludes non-departmental public bodies which are outside day to day ministerial directed policy, like regulators, which therefore have a need for a more distinct identity.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 22.13.38.png

There are more visual configurations than the old logo, said to make it more versatile for the various channels and ways the government communicates with people. Black and white banners, abd bannerless versions, are there for visually backgrounds like campaign media where the logo will be in front of a picture rather than a plain monochrome background. Different configurations also account for the proportions of the space the logo needs to appear in.

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.11.45.png

Finally, Departmental colours remain largely the same. Instead of the colour filling the whole of the banner, they gradiate in from the governmental "nightshade blue", reflecting the whole government first approach. The only exception to this is profile images for social media accounts which don't allow for a full length banner, so there only the departmental colour is used. The colours remain the same, apart from the new Department of Ecology which has finally received one, and Home Affairs and Economy, which a civil servant privately confessed to me was because "there was just too many departments trying to use a shade of blue and we wanted there to be a bit more distinction". As before, agencies use the same colour as their sponsoring department.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 22.39.42.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 22.43.12.png

The colours for all 12 departments can be seen below.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 22.48.38.png
From left to right these are:
  1. Department of the Cabinet and Premier (also the whole Concert Government)
  2. Department of the Treasury
  3. Department for Economy
  4. Department for Foreign Affairs
  5. Department for Home Affairs
  6. Department for the Armed Services
  7. Department for the Constitution
  8. Department for Society and Security
  9. Department for the Environment
  10. Department for Ecology
  11. Department for Global Development
  12. Department for Space

Last edited:
Artbreeder, to help generate landscapes and cityscapes and people and clothing, all you could hope for. Some of you have probably heard of it, and having just checked it out myself, I found it absolutely stunning.

3B6E05BF-5ABE-4373-A5A8-5263AC274154.jpeg

Last edited:
Another Crumpleverse starship, though this is technically a remake of something I designed much more crudely the year before last.
decmrp2-afbd725e-7a7b-490c-9152-f45c1141776c.png

Crossposting from the thread of my worldbuilding TL Sidera Longius Iter. This is basically a fake screenshot of what Youtube is like ITTL.

Some additional trivia so you can understand this image better:
-Spaceflight ITTL was certainly, a lot more eventful than OTL.
-The USSR narrowly avoided collapse due to this succeeding ITTL. However, it degraded afterwards.
-Yazov was the leader of the USSR after the August Coup succeeded until his death in late 2019, after he died, that's when things really got started.
-Gorbachev of course was forced to resign after the successful coup, but he later got booted out of the country to decrease his influence.
-The "Rose Revolution" was, in an essence, a Soviet equivalent to the wave of demonstrations that happened to China in the late 1980s in OTL, and in this case, it really did turn the USSR into a democracy. The movement behind this is also an equivalent to this.
bitmap.png

Rosenheim

Donor
Trying out something new - copying the CIA's old World Factbook. This entry is from 1978, based off OTL 1981 Factbook (which was the oldest I could easily find). PoD in the mid 1800s, but there's an obvious butterfly net over Central America. Let me know if any of the Economic/Transportation info looks badly off, I made it looking at similar impoverished/war torn countries from the 1981 Factbook but I'm certainly no expert.

hvmCItd.jpg

Basic background is that (now dead) President (Dictator) Alejandro Blancos Rios has led his country to the brink of ruin after holding power for around two decades. The last election was completely fraudulent, but even then saw surprising strength from the (tamed) opposition as Blancos had upset his remaining political allies by appointing his son as VP. The Legitimist Party is the standard caudillo conservative type, the New Constitutionalist Party are moderate liberals, and the National Republican Party is a new conservative force that has defected/fled from current President Blancos' rule (whose support, as the idiot son, is weakening by the day). Of course, the banned popular front (the APLN) didn't run in the election but there's a good chance they'd win the next one barring shenanigans. Said popular front would then probably collapse due to infighting, but possibly not before a coup or two by the rightists.

EDIT: Will probably fix it later, but the places where it says CPLA in the leftist revolutionary movements section should instead read PCLA (Partido Comunista de Los Altos).

EDIT2: Man, looking back at the book I somehow entered my GDP per capita as way way to low compared to other Central American countries. Bumped that up to $790 per capita, $3,921 million total GDP. (Compared to Nicaragua at $540, Honduras at $590, El Salvador at $750, Guatemala at $1,010, Panama at $1,530, and Costa Rica absolutely killing it at $1,850). Los Altos would have been decently wealthy and stable in the 1940s compared to its neighbors (probably 2 or 3 in Central America), but lost ground during the 1960s and especially 70s.

Last edited: