Graphic Thread

world_map.png

Not TWR this time. I know it's sort of a map, I wasn't really sure where to put it though, since it's totally OTL map features and the only changes shown are information in the rest of the graphic.

Unless you're a climate change nerd like me, it might not mean much to you, but this is something I made to be part of a big probably one off graphic about what if climate change was taken seriously earlier (with an 80s POD) so we're not in as much of a mess as we are now. Basically what I (with help from mekul) thought was the best case scenario for recent climate change action, putting us in much less of a mess by 2020.

Certainly, everybody had a purpose that it could fulfill. It gave a headstart to things like online and independent news and began the digitization of entertainment media early. There was a severe economic speedbump in the 90s which slowed technological advancement somewhat but by 2020 in this alternate timeline our world would be significantly more technologically advanced, perhaps 10 years ahead of what we have today.

How early could have we gotten something like the Internet IRL?

A relatively low effort alt-youtube page from To Govern is to Choose, mostly just as RP for the next round but I'm really happy with how the icons turned out.

wYYKDaj.png

How early could have we gotten something like the Internet IRL?
Havent a clue, WW2 probably sped up the development of global communications hence why my reasoning for this Internet is that there was a war of a similar magnitude in the 1960's speeding up the demand for computational power and the ability to send something like a photo worldwide faster than traditional mail. As for when we couldve had it IRL? I suppose if the internet was for public use early in its life and services were starting to be offered on it... possibly a decade or more earlier?

So, not the usual kind of post I (or most other people in alt history circles probably) make, but this as well as being into alternate history, I'm somewhat into environmentalism and climate change stuff. This is basically just a 'what if we took this stuff seriously' thing, a kind of optimistic recent history timeline. I know it's kinda long, but I do encourage you to read it to see where stuff changed from otl. Also all the data and stuff in the graph and infographic was done on excel spreadsheets and stuff, not just made up.

Thanks and credit to @Mekul for help on this mini project!

'The High Road Not Taken' - A 'best case scenario' climate timeline
qf83vsa9v2t51.png

So, not the usual kind of post I (or most other people in alt history circles probably) make, but this as well as being into alternate history, I'm somewhat into environmentalism and climate change stuff. This is basically just a 'what if we took this stuff seriously' thing, a kind of optimistic recent history timeline. I know it's kinda long, but I do encourage you to read it to see where stuff changed from otl. Also all the data and stuff in the graph and infographic was done on excel spreadsheets and stuff, not just made up.

Thanks and credit to @Mekul for help on this mini project!

'The High Road Not Taken' - A 'best case scenario' climate timeline
Looks awesome! Very inspiring!

Okay, so this is basically a map with some text appended to it, so if this picture belongs on the map thread I'll put it there. But the basic premise is the whole "urban fantasy" wherein supernatural creatures did in fact come to exist, and that the Roman Inquisition came to lead the fight against those various mythological beasties. I like to think I'm fairly good at making maps, but I'm a poor writer to say the least. Still, I hope some of you enjoy it.

GuidebookSmall.png

Okay, so this is basically a map with some text appended to it, so if this picture belongs on the map thread I'll put it there. But the basic premise is the whole "urban fantasy" wherein supernatural creatures did in fact come to exist, and that the Roman Inquisition came to lead the fight against those various mythological beasties. I like to think I'm fairly good at making maps, but I'm a poor writer to say the least. Still, I hope some of you enjoy it.

View attachment 591018

Is Van Helsing aided by totally not Q-but-a-friar, with a bunch of vaguely magical/holy gadgets?

A few medals from the CSA

MoF.gif

The Medal of Freedom, which was the highest medal for civilians in Featherston's Confederacy. These were usually awarded to civilians who had distinguished themselves within the CSA (mostly Members of the Freedom Party.)
Order of Lee.gif

Order of Lee - First awarded during the Second Mexican War and until the SGW, was always awarded during times of war. The Order of Lee was the second highest medal for the Confederate Armed Forces after the Medal of Honor. At times, the medal was awarded multiple times to a single, such as this example here which is shown to have awarded twice to one man with the single star. Originally, the medal was only awarded to Generals and Officers, but in 1941 under Featherston's orders, it was also awarded to enlisted men for bravery in the field of battle. This medal was also awarded to foreign soldiers (usually Generals) for propaganda purposes, notably to Generals Huntziger (France), Foch (France), Wavell (Britain), Montgomery (Britain), Vasilevsky(Russia), Dovator (Russia). An equivalent of this award for the Confederate Navy would be known as the Order of the CSS Virginia.
Service Star.gif

Service Star - First Created in 1863 in recognition of soldiers who had fought on the battlefield during the War of Secession, the Service Star was one of the more common awards for the Confederate Army. This award is broken down to three different variants, which includes:
Bronze Star - 15 Engagements
Silver Star - 45 Engagements
Gold Star - 100 Engagements

1603446819415.png

(Note: Syriac in the chart is rather a placeholder, so that original Canaanite influences on Western and Islamic civ may be mapped.
Below: my understanding of Toynbee´s evolution of civilization, as written in A Study of History in the 12th Volume.
1603447408698.png

Note: the parentage of Syriac is not as straightforward as depicted, and has Sumerian, Egyptaic, Aegean and Hittite influences. However, as Toynbee in his first volumes claimed that it descended from Minoan or Aegean civ, I favoured that parentage.
Note 2: Full-blown civlizations are depicted in capital letters, and satelite civilizations without them.
Note 3: A satellite civilization may change its allegiance. The Russian is now a satellite of the Western civ., Iranian used to be a Sumerian satellite and changed to satellite of Syriac.
Note 4: Some names I changed such as Far Western for Gaelic
Note 5: Frist Syriac, Nestorian, Gaelic and Far Western were declared as Abortive Civ., meaning they collapsed before they could achieve anything greater.
Note 6: There are also "captive" civilizations, chiefly the Inuit, the Scandinavian,the Polynesian and the Nomadic, which experienced so great a challenged that they failed.

Attachments

• 1603446790050.png
    1603446790050.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 1603446967433.png
    1603446967433.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 134
8EJyVGO.png

A logo for a political party that is overall focuses on technology and technological advancement. Probably created in the 1970s during the computer revolution. People who would most likely support the party include the big tech companies in Silicon Valley, libertarians, and Technophiles. Bill Gates would probably either be a founder or a prominent member.
Rough Ideology/Factions:
Democratic Technocracy - Believes that only experts should be elected into power. Some in the party might see the democratic part of it as redundant and the party should become fully Technocratic.
Bright-Green Environmentalism - New technology will help save the environment.
*Technogaianism - Technology should be used to create better and more renewable energy.
Libertarianism - Libertarians are in the party thanks to the influence that Libertarians had in early computer programming. Free Markets and Free People, it's all about peace and love. Definitely influenced by Robert A. Heinlein.
Pro-Space - Outer Space is something that should be explored and colonized. Not only because it would be cool, but because humanity might have to escape Earth one day. NASA should have waaaaaaaay more funding.
Transhumanism - Humans can be advanced both mentally and physically through technology, such as electronic and robotic augmentations.
*Techno-progressivism -Technology should be used to help make society more equal. Some might support single-payer healthcare and other forms of more progressive ideas.