Graphic Thread

Crosspost from my ongoing TL "Man-Made Hell":
Chapter Nine is about halfway done, so in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to do some posters for MMH, and I plan to do one for each of the factions in the Great War. This first one is for the Third International:

ubDKNUeL3as_2AORRaj5phLPNGevW2OktTpn9jKVs1HXNBj4pA9vZO5tNM5tXGMTNDrzb9CDaObKQ4WwIqnqxufc_10M5tTry0wFEnyANUb1r7uIZWJ8BAnfESMUTDJ5nBXKrJPc

And here's a version without any text:

Vu2URLgvXRIqgWfayo0axE3APtV3a9v7hY1YeQoZkR-feX59pTfJzdJXr_-AOOYWUDcOmDNd8fZ1mip1fcCXsKjzo9nR_T_HLUh2vjJ5lRAA_EB_FWaQnWwYQEAnQuEFs5WRfVrH

This was a surprisingly easy and fun graphic to make, so I do hope to get versions for the other factions out ASAP.

EDIT: Didn't do myself justice with the drawing at the weekend - here's an updated version.
Super JoeV2.png

You can find Super Joe in the Shipbucket style
here

Last edited:
A collection of pixel scenes I've been putting together for the last few hours, it's quite fun! Most of the models come from the great collection over at JuniorGeneral.org so credit to them for that.

Been a while since I made one of these, but I wanna start adding artwork around the maps I make and I figured I make some scenes because I got some time to kill
Bolshevik-Makhnovia.v2.png

Here's one of the Bolshevik's Red Guards encountering a flag from the Makhno Free Territory left behind by partisans in Southern Ukraine circa 1921

Been a while since I made one of these, but I wanna start adding artwork around the maps I make and I figured I make some scenes because I got some time to kill
View attachment 562276
Here's one of the Bolshevik's Red Guards encountering a flag from the Makhno Free Territory left behind by partisans in Southern Ukraine circa 1921
That’s just, wow...

You have talent! That’s for sure!

Been experimenting with making election night graphics; this is what I'm using for my alt-Ireland timeline I posted infoboxes for ages and ages ago:
RTE graphics package2.001.png
RTE graphics package2.002.png

Alternate 2016 Meme of the Month calendar in my Train to Busan fanfiction timeline. Original post here.

104594879_3887097828027485_1882205921848060019_n.jpg

So, what you're saying is "SpongeBob Squarepants singing We Are Number One whilst deus vulting the post-apocalyptic zombie gorilla sith unicycle mannequin future president frogs in an anime battle at the Rio 2016 Olympics, whilst Pacha looks on in approval"?

So, what you're saying is "SpongeBob Squarepants singing We Are Number One whilst deus vulting the post-apocalyptic zombie gorilla sith unicycle mannequin future president frogs in an anime battle at the Rio 2016 Olympics, whilst Pacha looks on in approval"?
In a way yes and no. Meme culture in 2016 OTL was strange so it will be even stranger ITTL. In my timeline, the virus only breaks out in the Korean Peninsula and is contained. However, North Korea invades trying to take advantage of the situation. They nuke the South Korean town of Paju to prevent a horde of infected from reaching their borders.

I didn't make the photo, I just got the idea, credits go to my friend here :

castroike.jpg

USA President Eisenhower with Cuban President Fidel Castro.
Despite initial disagreements the two started liking each other, after mediation with VP Richard Nixon despite, being each other political opposite, the prudent approach of Ike avoided an all out war and a full embargo that ended the with the Conspiracy of the Pure which overthrew Batista and restored democracy. The two countries would enjoy good relations until the end of Nixon 4th Term.

View attachment 564595
Will probably fix the edges and use this on a map, but figured I'd put this up here
Nice work. My only slight criticisms are that (1) the font looks quite modern - something more 'typewriter-like' might be better - and (2) 'extreme prejudice' wasn't a term used until the late 1960's, iirc, so seems a little jarring - maybe try 'maximum force' or 'any force (or measures) necessary' instead.
Just my opinion, though.

Nice work. My only slight criticisms are that (1) the font looks quite modern - something more 'typewriter-like' might be better - and (2) 'extreme prejudice' wasn't a term used until the late 1960's, iirc, so seems a little jarring - maybe try 'maximum force' or 'any force (or measures) necessary' instead.
Just my opinion, though.

Thanks, I'll fix these!

Will probably fix the edges and use this on a map, but figured I'd put this up here

Nice work :) I'm curious though - the salutation text in cyrillic is in Russian, so Google Translate tells me, but the place names are in Ukrainian (e.g. Kyiv not Kiev, Chernihiv not Chernigov and the -hrad ending (not -grad) on Kutepovehrad). Having looked up who Kutepov was, I can easily believe he rules/ruled (or is iconic for) a state located mainly in Ukraine, but it still seems odd to me that government agents in that state would switch to Ukrainian place names while still speaking in Russian. It's not intended as a criticism, I'm just curious and a bit confused!

Nice work :) I'm curious though - the salutation text in cyrillic is in Russian, so Google Translate tells me, but the place names are in Ukrainian (e.g. Kyiv not Kiev, Chernihiv not Chernigov and the -hrad ending (not -grad) on Kutepovehrad). Having looked up who Kutepov was, I can easily believe he rules/ruled (or is iconic for) a state located mainly in Ukraine, but it still seems odd to me that government agents in that state would switch to Ukrainian place names while still speaking in Russian. It's not intended as a criticism, I'm just curious and a bit confused!

The idea was that, even though this telegram takes place in a hypothetical White Russian regime encompassing the larger part of the former Russian Empire, when the Civil War was still raging and the White Movement hoped to utilize the Ukraine for it's ambitions, it allowed some small exceptions of Ukrainian proto-nationalism including the language to be used in inter-Ukrainian affairs provided a translated Russian document was sent alongside it (roughly similar to the Soviet Korenizatsiya period where national languages like Ukrainian were mandated to learn and used in the bureaucracy at some levels). I was thinking these practices would roughly continue as a way of keeping a lid on a prosperous but potentially rebellious region in a time where the hold on power is shaky, hence the Ukrainian place names used by officials within Ukraine. The reason for the text at the end of the transmission is that the first part (Съ нами Богъ) is Church Slavonic (although intelligible from the Russian С нами Бог) and so used widely by the clergy in the Ukraine and other Orthodox regions, and the Слава ВСН/Вождь bits both technically do also work in Ukrainian in the same form as it is in Russian since the languages are fairly similar. The phrase at the end I was thinking is a sort of standard slogan of the regime and would be used widely in government circles during formal communication. I'm considering scrapping the idea of Ukrainian place names in the next iteration though, given that a Korenizatsiya like period is probably unlikely to happen under a White Guard regime given their fierce Russonationalism and paternalism towards the national minorities of the former Empire.

Last edited:
The idea was that, even though this telegram takes place in a hypothetical White Russian regime encompassing the larger part of the former Russian Empire, when the Civil War was still raging and the White Movement hoped to utilize the Ukraine for it's ambitions, it allowed some small exceptions of Ukrainian proto-nationalism including the language to be used in inter-Ukrainian affairs provided a translated Russian document was sent alongside it (roughly similar to the Soviet Korenizatsiya period where national languages like Ukrainian were mandated to learn and used in the bureaucracy at some levels). I was thinking these practices would roughly continue as a way of keeping a lid on a prosperous but potentially rebellious region in a time where the hold on power is shaky, hence the Ukrainian place names used by officials within Ukraine. The reason for the text at the end of the transmission is that the first part (Съ нами Богъ) is Church Slavonic (although intelligible from the Russian С нами Бог) and so used widely by the clergy in the Ukraine and other Orthodox regions, and the Слава ВСН/Вождь bits both technically do also work in Ukrainian in the same form as it is in Russian since the languages are fairly similar. The phrase at the end I was thinking is a sort of standard slogan of the regime and would be used widely in government circles during formal communication. I'm considering scrapping the idea of Ukrainian place names in the next iteration though, given that a Korenizatsiya like period is probably unlikely to happen under a White Guard regime given their fierce Russonationalism and paternalism towards the national minorities of the former Empire.

Thanks! That makes a great deal of sense. I suppose the likelihood of Korenizatsiya could depend on how successful the White Guard regime is - I could imagine that (up to a point) the less successful they are, especially if they're geographically restricted, the more likely that someone would come up with the idea as a propaganda measure. While if they're rather more successful and widespread then I can imagine the paternalism rising to the top and pushing full Russification.