Graphic Thread

Deleted member 107125

untitled-png.494587

Warning
yz2jKgX.jpg

Front cover of the Business Insider circa July 2016. Following his complicated defeated in the Republican primaries, businessman Donald Trump, who had already spent much of his time flip-flopping between Republican and Democrat, announced his candidacy as an Independent, critical of both sides of the establishment an the political machine in of itself. He would go on to pick Hawaiian representative Tulsi Gabbard as his vice presidential nominee.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
<SNIP>

Front cover of the Business Insider circa July 2016. Following his complicated defeated in the Republican primaries, businessman Donald Trump, who had already spent much of his time flip-flopping between Republican and Democrat, announced his candidacy as an Independent, critical of both sides of the establishment an the political machine in of itself. He would go on to pick Hawaiian representative Tulsi Gabbard as his vice presidential nominee.

Current politics outside of Chat are unacceptable.

I was wondering if I could make up a good-looking image of old news footage recorded on VHS tape in Photoshop, using a random VHS effect action group off the Internet and the least amount of effort:

V6Nq2Zt.png

Red lines done with Pencil tool = instant 90s TV news graphics. I did use Saturation and Colour Balance adjustment layers afterwards, to make it look slightly less purple, and just a little bit of Motion Blur filter.

Downscaling and upscaling it a few times makes it look like it came straight from the BBC website circa 1997. It also doesn't betray its PS filter origin as much as the original, in my opinion:

BA75pJ0.png

Does it all look convincing?

I was wondering if I could make up a good-looking image of old news footage recorded on VHS tape in Photoshop, using a random VHS effect action group off the Internet and the least amount of effort:

V6Nq2Zt.png

Red lines done with Pencil tool = instant 90s TV news graphics. I did use Saturation and Colour Balance adjustment layers afterwards, to make it look slightly less purple, and just a little bit of Motion Blur filter.

Downscaling and upscaling it a few times makes it look like it came straight from the BBC website circa 1997. It also doesn't betray its PS filter origin as much as the original, in my opinion:

BA75pJ0.png

Does it all look convincing?

Looks really good! How did you get that little bit of static in the middle line? It looks pretty convincing

Based on that superior graphic, here's one I made:

Royamerica_ABC.png

Essentially, the idea for the timeline is a successful Albany Plan of Union, leading to a somewhat British-dominated North America. This takes place in the Kingdom of Muskogee, which was formed by, in essence, a British filibuster and pro-Native American. He unionized most of the "Five Civilized Tribes" to form the Kingdom, which slowly became more despotic over time. By the 1980s, inspired by mass media, the citizens began protesting, which soon spiraled into the Sunshine Revolution (part of many so-called "Color Revolutions" of the 1980s and -90s). The following newsreel, from the American Broadcasting Company's Nightline slot, is from the third day of the Sunshine Revolution, this frame taking place at an inspection zone, haphazardly set up due to King William III's fears of armed rebellion. His fears were soon proven true, as the first shots of the Sunshine Revolution were shot at this very zone, the day after this newsreel.

Possibly related to that Redsticks graphic I posted a few pages ago? But one thing is for sure...

WFxvE4I.png

WE'LL RAT EM OUT YET

Last edited:
Logo1.png

Title for a planned book set in my universe. I haven't decided where it should be set, whether it would be Africa, America, or Asia.

(The font is inspired by Dying Light's font)

Last edited:
PolitBuro.jpg
CommunePolit.jpg
CommuneArmee.jpg

Some graphics I made a while back that I just dug up - the first is from a Spartacist Germany timeline and the second two are from a Kaiserreich Commune of France game