Graphic Thread

And then be forced to be Syrian, rather than Palestinian. I assume that there was enough time to develop a distinctive Palestinian Arab identity ITTL.

Was there really? Wasn't the goal of Arab Nationalists an Arab superstate that included Palestine? Did a Palestinian identity really exist pre-World War I?

Wouldn't the Palestinians have worked with the Syrians to expel the Jews?

The Syrians are not pan-Arab, they are Syrian ultranationalists. It's a weird (real) ideology but Saadeh insisted there was a separate Syrian national identity. They specifically reject pan-Arabism. They'd have no time for an independent Palestine and it'd be everyone bowing down to Saadeh's dictatorship.

The Syrians are not pan-Arab, they are Syrian ultranationalists. It's a weird (real) ideology but Saadeh insisted there was a separate Syrian national identity. They specifically reject pan-Arabism. They'd have no time for an independent Palestine and it'd be everyone bowing down to Saadeh's dictatorship.

So the Palestinian-Jewish alliance is a "let's come together to defeat someone worse kind of deal?"

So the Palestinian-Jewish alliance is a "let's come together to defeat someone worse kind of deal?"

Yeah, it's what brings the confederation closer together. It's by no means plain sailing from that point, but it stops them from fighting each other at least.

Yeah, it's what brings the confederation closer together. It's by no means plain sailing from that point, but it stops them from fighting each other at least.

And what happens afterward, once Syria falls? Does Israel become like a Middle-Eastern version of the Troubles?

cold_war.png

timeline of my Victoria 2 game probably with some embellishments for what i didn't catch or to cover up strange game mechanics

cold_war.png

timeline of my Victoria 2 game probably with some embellishments for what i didn't catch or to cover up strange game mechanics
Interesting timeline, as a bit of a techie I find it interesting on how it was Microsoft that made the IPhone in this universe.

Last edited:
Maybe not directly Alternate History related, but here are some logo's I've been working on. Still not 100% sure about some of these. Premise is that the Second American Soccer League survives to this day. (IRL it was the longest active American soccer league lasting from the 30's until the early 80's). My goal is to create a style that is unique to the U.S.A, and trying to find a balance between the classic European style crests and the wacky mascot type logo's from the 70's.

xJhFyON.jpg

Boston Celtics
This crest is pretty self explanatory. It features a classic football with a shamrock. Minimalist but it does the trick.
Philadelphia Field Club
The top half of this crest is inspired by the Philly coat of arms. To honor the clubs German roots, I've opted to use a blackletter P, and use the colors of the German National Team, black and white.
Philadelphia Nationals
During the 40's and 50's, Philadelphia dominated the ASL. One year after the start of the league, there was a second team in the city. The Nationals. For this logo I've tried to make the team reflect the city. It's colors are from the city flag and the shield comes from the city's coat of arms. I tried to sneak in the Liberty Bell but then it became a bit to cluttered.
Brooklyn Giants
For the Brooklyn Giants, I went with a somewhat more traditional design. The lettering in the top half does represent Brooklyn Bridge. At first the colors where Orange and Blue, but I swapped it out for black.
Brookhattan F.C
This one is pretty much a redesign of the crest used by the modern team using the name.
New York Americans
I really like the use of flags in crests, and since this team calls it self the Americans, what could be more patriotic then the stars and stripes.
Baltimore Canton S.C
This is a fairly simple one, It used the Baltimore city flag as central pattern in the crest, (and it will also feature on the kits), I tried to get the Battle Monument in there but I can't seem to find a good base picture to make a vector off.
Pittsburgh Steel
Yet again, a crest that's inspired by the city's flag. The checkered pattern and castle top half of this shield both can be found on the flag. It also features the steelmark.
St. Louis Raiders

Based on the crest of it's real life counterpart, I added crossed swords to fit more with the name, about that there is a Fleur de Lys, a nod to the city's flag.
Detroit Corinthians
This one is kinda interesting, The club did not take it's name from the inscription from the monument since it predates it by a decade. It did seem like a good fit to represent detroit.

Last edited:
stubbey coa.png

People still like pixel heraldry, right? Here are the OTL arms of the noble house of, ahem, Stubbey, from whom I might be descended. Sable, on a bend between three pheons argent as many round buckles of the field.

Last edited:
personal coa.png

And here's a personal coat of arms. Sorry, this isn't althistory, but I figure it's althistory-adjacent enough that I'm not harming anything :p
Argent; a mount vert, surmounted by a coyote sejant purpure, inversely and murally gorged or; in sinister chief a mullet gules; in bordure of the last.

Last edited: