Graphic Request Thread

ST15RM

Banned
For the longest time I wanted a place for me and other forum users to request graphics. So, I decided to create this thread.

First, some ground rules:

1. Be patient. Don’t repost a request, these things take time.
  2. Don’t request maps, flags and wikiboxes. There are separate threads for that.
  3. Only make requests for graphics which you cannot do yourself and that are within reason.
  4. Fill as many requests as possible.
  5. No more than two requests per day.
  6. Multiple people can fill a request. The requester has the right to choose the request that suits them.
  7. Do not downgrade other people’s work. Constructive criticism at most.
  8. All previous forum rules still apply.

Last edited:
Finally a place where I can ask for this: can somebody take a crack at doing some minor tune-ups to these many overlay packs for Flag Maker 2.0? Nothing particularly major: just that quite a few of these overlays aren't centered properly or are otherwise misaligned in some manner, which can be irritating if you are OCD about things like myself.

On the same topic of overlays, it'd be nice to see some custom ones inspired by the Kaiserreich mod, such as the Syndicalist Torch & Hammer, Savinkov's Sword & Crown of Thorns, and the Strasserist-inspired Totalist Hammer and & Sword. Similarly, some historical monarchist eagles like the Austrian Double-Headed Eagle would be nice too.

Finally a place where I can ask for this: can somebody take a crack at doing some minor tune-ups to these many overlay packs for Flag Maker 2.0? Nothing particularly major: just that quite a few of these overlays aren't centered properly or are otherwise misaligned in some manner, which can be irritating if you are OCD about things like myself.

On the same topic of overlays, it'd be nice to see some custom ones inspired by the Kaiserreich mod, such as the Syndicalist Torch & Hammer, Savinkov's Sword & Crown of Thorns, and the Strasserist-inspired Totalist Hammer and & Sword. Similarly, some historical monarchist eagles like the Austrian Double-Headed Eagle would be nice too.

Don't use Flag Maker, so bear with me.

Are these overlays just bog standard svg files or do they come with a different file extension? It'll be tedious, but I can fix some up in my spare time if it's the former. Ditto with the KR symbols.

If you have any specific overlays you want converted, do tell me about them before I go hunting.

By "specific overlays", are you referring to the ones I want fixed, or the ones I want created? Because if it's the former: the Circle_Rope and Sword02 overlays seem broken entirely, they don't seem to show up at all in the overlay menu; the two Fasces overlays should be centered along their vertical axis; the Dividers01 overlay needs to be properly centered along its vertical axis as well; the Hammer_and_Pick overlay needs to be completely re-centered; the two Triquetra overlays should be re-centered so they have rotational symmetry; and the Circle_Chains overlay should be adjusted so that it has vertical symmetry.

The Wreath_Communist overlay could also do with an overhaul, as the starburst pattern on it is terribly asymmetrical in its placement, and the wreath pattern adjusted to be properly centered and circular.

That's all of the fixes I can recall off the top of my head. Oh, and some mirrored versions similar to the Dog_Head and Cannon01 overlays (like for the Fasces and Swords) would be nice to have as well.

This may sound like a lot, so if it's too much to do in one sitting, that's not a problem: take your time. I can wait. And if you aren't sure what exactly the problems I'm describing are, then load the overlays in question onto Flag Maker 2.0 to see what I mean (you should get Flag Maker 2.0 anyways, it's a good program).

By "specific overlays", are you referring to the ones I want fixed, or the ones I want created? Because if it's the former: the Circle_Rope and Sword02 overlays seem broken entirely, they don't seem to show up at all in the overlay menu; the two Fasces overlays should be centered along their vertical axis; the Dividers01 overlay needs to be properly centered along its vertical axis as well; the Hammer_and_Pick overlay needs to be completely re-centered; the two Triquetra overlays should be re-centered so they have rotational symmetry; and the Circle_Chains overlay should be adjusted so that it has vertical symmetry.

The Wreath_Communist overlay could also do with an overhaul, as the starburst pattern on it is terribly asymmetrical in its placement, and the wreath pattern adjusted to be properly centered and circular.

That's all of the fixes I can recall off the top of my head. Oh, and some mirrored versions similar to the Dog_Head and Cannon01 overlays (like for the Fasces and Swords) would be nice to have as well.

This may sound like a lot, so if it's too much to do in one sitting, that's not a problem: take your time. I can wait. And if you aren't sure what exactly the problems I'm describing are, then load the overlays in question onto Flag Maker 2.0 to see what I mean (you should get Flag Maker 2.0 anyways, it's a good program).

Nah, I'm a proud Inkscape boy lol

I was talking about the KR ones that you want converted, but I'll keep these in mind.

I was talking about the KR ones that you want converted, but I'll keep these in mind.

Oh, yeah! Let's see...:

The iconic Syndicalist emblem (one version with the cogwheel and one without):

wkpcnigzql611.jpg

The Totalist emblem (ignore the circle here, it's just an example from a quick Google search):

latest

And Savinkov's emblem:

latest

Some various Eagle designs would be nice too:

vector-set-of-polish-eagle-icons.jpg

a21b9f4b26314cd60b092955cb98e3c5--double-headed-eagle-eagles.jpg

285-2850249_two-headed-eagle-logo.png

That's all from the top of my head. Try to find cleaner samples as a basis than what I just scrounged up here from a 5-minute Google trawl.

Done. Go check first if the edits appear. I'll hold off on making the KR overlays 'til then -- wanted to be sure my finicking around actually worked out and all.

Circle_Chains and Circle_Rope seem to be one and the same, though.

Done. Go check first if the edits appear. I'll hold off on making the KR overlays 'til then -- wanted to be sure my finicking around actually worked out and all.

Circle_Chains and Circle_Rope seem to be one and the same, though.

Huh, that was fast.

And the Circle_Chains and Circle_Rope are the same? Yeah, I noticed that too, despite the PDF file that came with the overlay pack showing the two as different patterns. The Circle_Chains one must've been accidentally copied over the Circle_Rope one during their creation.

Okay, turns out, they don't show up at all - in fact, putting them into the Custom folder seems to bork the entire listing, resulting in only the overlays in alphabetical order up to the alphabetically-first of the fixed overlays to show up. Have you tested these out in Flag Maker 2.0 yourself first?

Okay, turns out, they don't show up at all - in fact, putting them into the Custom folder seems to bork the entire listing, resulting in only the overlays in alphabetical order up to the alphabetically-first of the fixed overlays to show up. Have you tested these out in Flag Maker 2.0 yourself first?

Ouch. I'll test the overlays later tonight -- in the meantime, have you tried removing the _Fixed and just replacing the overlays outright?

Edit: And I may have ignored the part where it said that the length and width values should be integers. I'll fix this later as well.

Last edited:
Ouch. I'll test the overlays later tonight -- in the meantime, have you tried removing the _Fixed and just replacing the overlays outright?

Edit: And I may have ignored the part where it said that the length and width values should be integers. I'll fix this later as well.

So... any luck with the hotfix?

Just finished screwing around with the .ovr files and replacing the ones in the folder I shared. Flag Maker won't set up wihout JRE, and net's too slow for that atm, so you'll have to check them out yourself.

Well, good news, at least most of them showed up in the overlays menu, and display on the flag grid... bad news is, some of them are still broken, and the ones that do work are hilariously undersized compared to their original counterparts. As in: setting their size to the maximum value available to the given flag ratio will still leave them smaller than the original overlay set a third of the size value (e.g.: with a flag ratio of 2:3 and grid size of 16:24, the 'fixed' overlay set at size 24, and the original overlay set at size 8). This is turning out more difficult than I expected.

On a more specific breakdown:

- Of the ones that work (aside from the sizing issue), the Hammer & Pick, both Triquetras, and the Dividers are all fixed perfectly as requested, being properly centered and/or given proper vertical symmetry.

- The Fasces overlays are sort of a mixed bag: Fasces01_Fixed and Fasces02_Fixed (and their Sinister variants) have the opposite names of their original versions, and Fasces01_Fixed and Fasces02_Sinister_Fixed are still broken, though Fasces01_Sinister_Fixed and Fasces02_Fixed both work as intended (aside from the swapped names, and the above-mentioned sizing issue).

- Sword02_Fixed is technically present... though in reality, it is for some bizarre reason it's actually a counter-clockwise star-shadow, and of course it has the ever-present sizing issue as before. And Sword02_Sinister_Fixed still doesn't work either, but it'll probably end up like Sword02_Fixed anyways. Oh, and you never did make a mirrored version of the Sword01 overlay either.

- The Circle_Chains_Fixed overlay is... actually virtually identical to the original Circle_Chains overlay, with no changes present except for now having the sizing issue. It'd be simpler to just stick with the original Circle_Chains overlay and rotate it by 2 or 6 to get the desired result.

- Lastly, the Wreath_Communist_Fixed overlay could still use some fine-tuning: it still doesn't quite feel properly-centered or circular, and the starburst remains painfully asymmetrical as a whole. Aside from that and the sizing issue, at least it actually managed to show up properly.

You might want to hold off on screwing around further with the .ovr files until you can get JRE and Flag Maker 2.0 running so you can properly test them out.

Just been randomly browsing r/Vexillology recently when I came across these two flags that have really nice eagle designs on them, and I'd like to have some Flag Maker overlays made for them. It's been a long while since this thread was last active, so I thought I'd bring some attention back to it.

Could someone make me American Political logos in the vein of the Republican Elephant and Democratic Donkey for a Raccoon, Rooster, and Beaver?

ST15RM

Banned
@CalBear i know that asking for a sticky in this thread in op is kinda stupid, but now that people are using this thread, could you sticky it now? i’m just hoping that general graphics requests will filter to this thread, instead of the map/flag request thread.

Deleted member 107125

So how do most people here edit AH propaganda? I need a software that is free and can be used on a Mac.