Just finished screwing around with the .ovr files and replacing the ones in the folder I shared. Flag Maker won't set up wihout JRE, and net's too slow for that atm, so you'll have to check them out yourself.
Well, good news, at least most
of them showed up in the overlays menu, and
display on the flag grid... bad news is, some of them are still
broken, and the ones that do
work are hilariously
undersized compared to their original counterparts. As in: setting their size to the maximum value available to the given flag ratio will still
leave them smaller than the original overlay set a third of the size value (e.g.: with a flag ratio of 2:3 and grid size of 16:24, the 'fixed' overlay set at size 24, and the original overlay set at size 8). This is turning out more difficult than I expected.
On a more specific breakdown:
- Of the ones that work (aside from the sizing issue), the Hammer & Pick, both Triquetras, and the Dividers are all fixed perfectly as requested, being properly centered and/or given proper vertical symmetry.
- The Fasces overlays are sort of a mixed bag: Fasces01_Fixed and Fasces02_Fixed (and their Sinister variants) have the opposite names of their original versions, and Fasces01_Fixed and Fasces02_Sinister_Fixed are still broken, though Fasces01_Sinister_Fixed and Fasces02_Fixed both work as intended (aside from the swapped names, and the above-mentioned sizing issue).
- Sword02_Fixed is technically
present... though in reality, it is for some bizarre
reason it's actually a counter-clockwise star-shadow, and of course it has the ever-present sizing issue as before. And Sword02_Sinister_Fixed still doesn't work either, but it'll probably end up like Sword02_Fixed anyways. Oh, and you never did make a mirrored version of the Sword01 overlay either.
- The Circle_Chains_Fixed overlay is... actually virtually identical to the original Circle_Chains overlay, with no changes present except for now having the sizing issue. It'd be simpler to just stick with the original Circle_Chains overlay and rotate it by 2 or 6 to get the desired result.
- Lastly, the Wreath_Communist_Fixed overlay could still use some fine-tuning: it still doesn't quite feel properly-centered or circular, and the starburst remains painfully asymmetrical as a whole. Aside from that and the sizing issue, at least it actually managed to show up properly.
You might want to hold off on screwing around further with the .ovr files until you can get JRE and Flag Maker 2.0 running so you can properly test them out.