Gotham City-State

And Batman The Animated Series placed it in Long Island. Gotham (and Metropolis, and every other DC fictional city) has moved around a TON over the last century. But, since No Man's Land in 1999, Gotham has since been more or less established to be in New Jersey. Now, setting aside I happen to be from here, New Jersey makes the most sense as a location IMO so I'm sticking with that one.

Oh, and for kicks, I made another map! This one is Burlington, Ocean, Gotham, and Atlantic counties. Gotham City is the one in red. :cool:

Gotham%2520county%2520B%2520red.png

Where would Bludhaven be?

And Batman The Animated Series placed it in Long Island. Gotham (and Metropolis, and every other DC fictional city) has moved around a TON over the last century. But, since No Man's Land in 1999, Gotham has since been more or less established to be in New Jersey. Now, setting aside I happen to be from here, New Jersey makes the most sense as a location IMO so I'm sticking with that one.

Oh, and for kicks, I made another map! This one is Burlington, Ocean, Gotham, and Atlantic counties. Gotham City is the one in red. :cool:
It really has. Don't even get me started on the whole Smallville was in Maryland thing.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Where would Bludhaven be?

It's the somewhat smaller city just to the south of Gotham in Gotham County. I've found a map of Bludhaven and I think I might try modifying the Google Map to include it, and then edit my county map accordingly.

It really has. Don't even get me started on the whole Smallville was in Maryland thing.

That never made sense. Smallville is in Kansas! It's one of the few things EVERYONE knows about Superman: he's was born on Krypton, he grew up in Kansas, and lives in Metropolis.

It's the somewhat smaller city just to the south of Gotham in Gotham County. I've found a map of Bludhaven and I think I might try modifying the Google Map to include it, and then edit my county map accordingly.

That never made sense. Smallville is in Kansas! It's one of the few things EVERYONE knows about Superman: he's was born on Krypton, he grew up in Kansas, and lives in Metropolis.
I sort of liked Metropolis' move to Kansas in Smallville, since it made some sense...I mean comics Superman could have just as easily moved to Keystone or Central City over Metropolis....lord knows he could get a decent rogues gallery.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
I sort of liked Metropolis' move to Kansas in Smallville, since it made some sense...I mean comics Superman could have just as easily moved to Keystone or Central City over Metropolis....lord knows he could get a decent rogues gallery.

True, but he wanted to work for The Daily Planet, which in the DC-verse is on par with the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Washington Post in prestige (I think).

Besides, Delaware makes the most sense considering the city's geography.

FDW

Banned
True, but he wanted to work for The Daily Planet, which in the DC-verse is on par with the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Washington Post in prestige (I think).

Besides, Delaware makes the most sense considering the city's geography.

How so? Isn't Metropolis known for having some steep cliffs?

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Unfortunately, while Gotham is designed to fit into New Jersey's geography, Bludhaven is seriously NOT. It doesn't fit anywhere, unless it's actually supposed to be further south than Atlantic City (which I doubt). It's geography is just too different for me to include in the other map, without making MAJOR alterations to the Real World geography. =/

JSmith

Banned
So again does anyone have any Nolanverse Gotham City info they have and would like to share-or write :)

Nietzsche

Banned

Oh come on. Gotham is a dingy, crime-ridden abortion of a city. Nothing in New Jersey could be that nice!

Anyone want to take a stab at redrawing New Jersey's highway system to take Gotham into account? I was just reading through this thread and was bothered by the maps showing the Atlantic City Expressway narrowly missing it.