Votes: 33 13.1%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 143 56.7%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.4%

• Total voters
He ruled well enough and proved critical in holding the early Union together. Though he had to put down more than a few rebellions during his reign
Good, but is the current King known as Pedro IV and not Pedro V? Some kind of error I assume?
I haven't nailed down who George married yet; I was thinking either Amanda Knatchbull or Princess Kira of Prussia. However, I'm open to ideas!
Those are both good choices!
That's a good point, Joachim Murat, and something I had considered. My idea is that he was overthrown in the revolutions of 1848, which led to the restoration of a united Two Sicilies
That sounds good. Maybe one of Murat’s descendants could be restored to the Neopolitan throne by the French in the 1920s but are overthrown at the end of WW2.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! Anything you'd like to see?
I'm not sure, to be honest. Most of what I'd suggest is just maybe playing around with Africa and Asia? They feel a little too similar to IRL for a timeline with such a far-back POD. I also think the provinces of the United Province could maybe be tweaked a bit more, too. But ultimately that's your own prerogative and I don't wanna force you one way or the other.

I fell in love with TTL, I also have a suspicion that technology is more advanced than IOTL, especially if Russia isn't utterly screwed like it was in our world by the 20th century.
Not only that, but adding the United Portuguese Kingdom (Which seems to be powerful and developed) also means that you have over 200 (Or 300?) million people who will contribute with more innovation, reseach and scientific material

The Death Knell of the Union
"I won't preside over the demise of Portuguese civilization, not me! The line has to be drawn here! This far and no further!"
Recording of King Pedro leaked on the 31st of October 2022
When I saw that, my mind went to this:

If France returned under a Bonapartist constitutional monarchy after WW2, did Italy also? Is it still held in personal union?

The House of Hanover-America
The Kings and Queen of the United Provinces of America

RvbP3KF.png

The Monarchs of the United Provinces
  1. 1784-1820 - George III - Reigned as King of Great Britain and Ireland from 1760
  2. 1820-1830 - George IV
  3. 1830-1836 - Frederick
  4. 1836-1878 - Edward VII
  5. 1878-1912 - Edward VIII
  6. 1912-1937- George V
  7. 1937-1971 - Charles III
  8. 1971-1982 - George VI
  9. 1982-2021 - Henry IX - Assassinated
  10. 2021-present - Victoria
    • Heir Presumptive - Prince Matthew, Duke of Boston. The Queen's uncle
The Royal Title
Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Provinces of America and her other Realms and Territories Queen, Protector of Her Peoples Liberties, Rightful Queen of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Head of the Imperial Leauge, President of the Community of British Nations

All Monarchs after Frederick are fictional.

Big Thanks to one LeinadB93 for their help in a few upcoming retcons. I think it goes without saying, but check out Hail Brittania if you haven't before. Some of the best work on this site!

Last edited:
@Lewie this wikipage mentions Los Angeles as part of the United Provinces, but your map above does not show that LA is part of the country
Hence the retcons they mentioned.
Truth be told I had forgotten to fix that one! Thanks for noting it for me!

That sounds good. Maybe one of Murat’s descendants could be restored to the Neopolitan throne by the French in the 1920s but are overthrown at the end of WW2.

An interesting idea, but doesn't quite fit with how I plan for the war to play out.

Good, but is the current King known as Pedro IV and not Pedro V? Some kind of error I assume?

Oof! Let me fix that, I had made a note of that and forgot to fix it!

I'm not sure, to be honest. Most of what I'd suggest is just maybe playing around with Africa and Asia? They feel a little too similar to IRL for a timeline with such a far-back POD. I also think the provinces of the United Province could maybe be tweaked a bit more, too. But ultimately that's your own prerogative and I don't wanna force you one way or the other.

I have been making some tweaks to the provinces which I do hope you like, as for Africa and Asia honestly, I'm fairly happy with them for the moment, and I do have a set of reasons as to why it's like that, partially in what was one French Africa which I'll get into as we go.

I fell in love with TTL, I also have a suspicion that technology is more advanced than IOTL, especially if Russia isn't utterly screwed like it was in our world by the 20th century.
Not only that, but adding the United Portuguese Kingdom (Which seems to be powerful and developed) also means that you have over 200 (Or 300?) million people who will contribute with more innovation, reseach and scientific material

Things are a little better off than OTL, I will say that. And given the space race here just sort of... kept going, space operations are far more advanced than OTL as well.

Of note is what you said about Russia and Brazil, America is the world's superpower, but it hardly stands alone, it's a far more multipolar world than what we know, and that has lead to some interesting events.

If France returned under a Bonapartist constitutional monarchy after WW2, did Italy also? Is it still held in personal union?

No, Italy is a messy Aristocratic Republic in the vein of the United Commonwealth. Italy's foundations played out a little differently here than OTL!

Of note is what you said about Russia and Brazil, America is the world's superpower, but it hardly stands alone, it's a far more multipolar world than what we know, and that has lead to some interesting events.
On the topic of Russia, I noticed that during the Cold War Russia was represented in the Congress of Nations as the Russian State rather than the Russian Empire. What's the story behind that, and for that matter what did the Cold War look like ITTL?

Also, it looks like Prussia represented Germany in the Congress until 1960 despite the Confederation forming in 1958. Is there a reason for this two year gap?

No, Italy is a messy Aristocratic Republic in the vein of the United Commonwealth. Italy's foundations played out a little differently here than OTL!
Italy as a classical republic in the modern age sounds fascinating. I'm wondering if monarchism became the standard form of government here in the middle ages at all. Sounds and it is a tedious project, but could we get a list of countries once with the dates they acquired their present form of government?

Italy as a classical republic in the modern age sounds fascinating. I'm wondering if monarchism became the standard form of government here in the middle ages at all. Sounds and it is a tedious project, but could we get a list of countries once with the dates they acquired their present form of government?
The POD was in the 1750s.

On the topic of Russia, I noticed that during the Cold War Russia was represented in the Congress of Nations as the Russian State rather than the Russian Empire. What's the story behind that, and for that matter what did the Cold War look like ITTL?

Also, it looks like Prussia represented Germany in the Congress until 1960 despite the Confederation forming in 1958. Is there a reason for this two year gap?

I'll have a lot more on that soon! But the basics of it are this, after WWI, Russia briefly becomes a shaky republic. That republic explodes into a Civil war, and the winners are ITTL version of the white movement that form the Russian State. Russian Emperor Nicholas III, would eventually bring democracy to Russia after becoming Emperor, and removing the last of the so-called Old Order. Imagine it as a mix of the Russian Civil War, and the Spanish one, and you're almost there! The Cold War was closer to the great game, less ideological and more about influence on the global stage. Neither state was all that concerned about spreading their form of government or economic system

Basically, Prussia refused to give up the seat, and had to be bought off. Officially members of the confederation are allowed to make certain "Foreign agreements" and Prussia read that to mean that they would retain their seat in the Congress.

The POD was in the 1750s.

I am working on something like that right now! And I figure you meant the modern age? Basically, Monarchy isn't really standard, so much as it's not considered anachronistic, retaining a Monarchy, even an active Monarchy, is just something some countries do.

The Italy Republic, or The Most Serene Republic of the Italians will have a very strange system of government that will make you think. Wow, the UC is normal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for those paying attention, you might have noticed a ninja edit to the map and the King's boxes. Unfortunately, I uploaded the wrong one. Opps to me.

Now, to explain the new borders.

In Brief, I'll have more on this later.

The King decided to order an intervention into the Yucatan Caste War, hoping to use it as a stepping stone to further expand into the Caribbean and take back lost territories in the region. Under the agreement it will be an American protectorate and not a state, the South concedes to the effort. During the Mexican-American War, he was proclaimed King by the region's elites, hoping to force the Americans to act in their defence rather than abandon them to Mexico. Which works, and a larger American force is dispatched there to defend the now Kingdom of Yucatan.

While the war goes well enough to secure Texas and much of Northern California. The Mexican manage to do well enough to force a smaller Mexican cession. The Mexican-held territory will later fall into chaos due to a flood of American settlers illegally migrating into the area, many of whom belong to the so-called Old American Republican Movement and are aiming to escape the Province's relentless push west. After the civil war, which resulted in quite a number of ex-confederates moving in as well, America and Mexico ended up going to fight again, over the matter of what we might call the American Boers. Who go on to form

1. United States of California - Currently locked in a decades-long civil war over the question of who the President is, though at this stage it's barely noticeable, and a whole generation of California youth would look at you funny if you asked them what they thought of the war. "What war?" they might ask.
  2. Republic of Deseret - Polygamy? Check! Deseret alphabet? Check! Theocracy? Check!
  3. Free Republic of Freedonia - A border republic that's barely holding on, and looks increasingly likely to be annexed by Mexico in the next few years, though many of the country's English speakers are begging the UP for annexation, Baker has no interest in doing that.

In all this chaos, the Navajo manage to form their own state as well, the Navajo Republic.

With little appetite for the annexation of the region, they end up protectorates of the American Crown. A state of affairs that comes to an end in 1971 with the death of King Charles III, as each state decides not to renew it.

As for Nicaragua, well, after breaking off from Mexico, they requested American protection, and they needed a King. The place today is a segregationist hellscape. Just look at who the Prime Minister is. But they hold the Canel, so America has long turned a blind eye to it. However Queen Victoria won't stand for it any longer and has privately told Baker she'll abdicate.

Also, if anyone's interested in helping me out. A quick survey

Last edited:
What does the federalist party in the United Kingdom wants?

A total reorganization of the Realm into a federal state along the lines of the United Provinces, with Portugal, Lesser Sunda, Cape Verde, Guinea. Sao tome and Principe and Macau becoming states, and Brazil being divided up into several.

It's a controversial proposal as it's viewed by many as disrupting the unity of the Realm.

How did Henry IX keep reigning for a month after his death?

Damn dyslexia! Thanks, fixed!

When did Charles III begin his reign, 1937 or 1940?

1937, the King's list needed to be fixed, and now it has been!

A total reorganization of the Realm into a federal state along the lines of the United Provinces, with Portugal, Lesser Sunda, Cape Verde, Guinea. Sao tome and Principe and Macau becoming states, and Brazil being divided up into several.

It's a controversial proposal as it's viewed by many as disrupting the unity of the Realm.
The OTL Portuguese imperial structure thinks in states anyway but it wasn't a federal system. A Portuguese state is similar to a UK constituent country. Calling its units states is within constitutionalism. As to whether it should be federal or not in TTL is their choice, the OTL Canadian monarchy is federal, the UK is devolved. But making TTL Amazonas a state within the UK might make some sense imo.