Votes: 33 13.0%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 144 56.9%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
You can actually see in the last update that there was a headline on the side "Delegates gather in San Diego for California Peace Talks"
What on this alternate Earth is going on in Southern California?

That would be the result of the long-running, though long-inactive Civil War in the United States of California more on this soon!

It is nearing its end, soon. If the parties involved can finally agree on the date for the Presidential election.

Very nice, how does that diarchy work in this world?
Andorra and San Marino are diarchies OTL right now.

Natal-Zulu is probably the Zulu King and a Lord-Protector/President.
Madagascar might be similar but with the Merina Kingdom.
No guess about Mongolia.

You, my friend, got it in one for the first two! How it works depends on the place; in Madagascar, the monarch serves a primarily cultural and ceremonial role, with limited reserve powers to be used when the President is unable to act. In Natal-Zulu, it's a messier story, with the two vying for power.

As for Mongolia, the Bogd Khanate lives on.

To be fair the British Republicanism was not exported in a world wide scale, just a handful of nations adopted it (counting at least those that survived to this day).
Yay, monarchy of Manchuria.
What's the form of government of the pale grey country north of Mexico?
And how's "The Chades" a theocracy? Are they Muslims?

The spread of the British model is a mixed bag. Many of the Parlimrnety republics are copies of the Westminister system, though with a weak head of state. For what were once the Dominions, that's a legacy of the fact the Lord Protector of the United Commonwealth was once their head of state, meaning they just never had a strong domestic executive, so when the break was made in the 60s they just installed a figurehead Lord Protector. And for the others, the Labour Government of the era didn't really want to export the model, so they spread Parlimrnety governments wherever possible.

It doesn't have a government.... more on that soon.

They are, following what's called the Sokoto model. However, Chad and Niger have since distanced themselves from Sokoto and promised "Reforms" since the start of the Sokoto war. Though few are expecting much

Last edited:
"For the last time, America is a Parliamentary constitutional monarchy, we've been over this"
"You can't really believe that, right?"
Locked Wikipedia talk thread - Page 234
Does the UP have some sort of censorship over this topic? because it very clearly is a semi-constitutional monarchy

Does the UP have some sort of censorship over this topic? because it very clearly is a semi-constitutional monarchy
They do, and they don't. They obfuscate. The issue is that the exact... amount of interference that the Monarch engages in is unknown. Although in a day-to-day sense, the UP is clearly a constitutional monarchy, as the Crown doesn't involve itself in domestic affairs often and doesn't really engage in selecting the Prime Minister. But it's clear the Monarch has an influence on foreign affairs, and often requests alterations to legislation.

So there is some debate on the subject.

Is there any uh, animosity between Japan and China over the fact that.. you know, Manchuria exists.

It's not just the Manchuria issue, though that is a factor depending on who's in power. Some parties in China call for the reclamation of Manchuria, Tibet, East Turkestan and Mongolia, while others have long since accepted the post-war status quo. However, for most in China, the more significant issue is the "East Asia Security Pact" established after the war to monitor China, which has resulted in Japanese forces on nearly all their land borders.

You, yes you dear viewer! What do you want to see next? I have binders of lore and many an infobox. But what shall get a write-up? You decide!

Last edited:
But it's clear the Monarch has an influence on foreign affairs
It appears that a great deal of royal marriages still occur between the royal houses of the world, so how much foreign policy is decided on family drama?

Last edited:
It appears that a great deal of royal marriages still occur between the royal houses of world, so how much foreign policy is decided on family drama?

Very little these days, they help soothe over issues than cause them. But, of course, that's not to say that the current French Emperor isn't causing.... issues.

If I may, I'd love to hear more about Scandinavia - how did Finland end up a monarchy and what led to their unification?

More on this soon! I will have a full write-up on Scandinavia completed in a week, hopefully. As to what led to unification mutual defence during the Great Conflagration, Finland ended up a monarchy because it was viewed as the "Done thing" at the time for a new European nation to adopt a King. He was the second son of the Swedish King of the time.

Last edited:
International Organizations
Part I
The Next update, is taking some time, so to tide you all over.

Eastern Compact

AaDbMPh.png

Imperial League

3HAWYR7.png

East Asian Economic Union

nOE8qex.png

Last edited:
Interesting:
- Eastern Compact: Poland and Greece seem like unusual omissions
- Imperial League: Were they all once under the House of Hanover?
- East Asian Economic Union: I thought Tibet would be part of the EAEU or EC, and I thought more of SE Asia would be members.

Part I
The Next update, is taking some time, so to tide you all over.

Eastern Compact

AaDbMPh.png

Imperial Leauge

3HAWYR7.png

East Asian Economic Union

8mjfbjg.png

I am surprised that there isn't a republican Commonwealth of Nations.

Washington didn't become a duke? Jefferson became nothing?

Washington turned it down, and the King only created a small number of Dukes right after the war, with most becoming created after Washington's death once the nation was more established.

Jefferson had been totally opposed to the creation of the House of Lords and rejected the offer of a peerage from Adams on those grounds. That said, he was happy to create them though for allies to further his command of the upper house.