Votes: 33 13.0%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 144 56.9%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
I can't think of an OTL instance where there was a monarchy continuation referendum between the death of the monarch and the coronation of the heir. I like it, it's quite original.
And yeah, when a new constitution is about to be adopted by the republic, there could be a republic continuation referendum as well, @Aluma.

I love it! Why is there a referendum on the future of the monarchy in France? Is the new emperor so controversial?
It seems that after the restoration they will do referendums with all monarchs.

It's a quirk of the Imperial constitution of 1949 to appease republicans, which was required given how close the 46 referendum was. Every time a new Emperor ascends the throne, a vote is held on the continuation of the Monarchy. While there had been some thought on not holding it, given how enormously popular the old war hero Napoleon V had been, the Republicans demanded it, and the courts backed them up.

So the Vote will be held.

If thats the case will they make referendums for the restoration of the monarchy every now and then if France is a Republic?
Because going back & forth between the two systems would be a very french thing
I can't think of an OTL instance where there was a monarchy continuation referendum between the death of the monarch and the coronation of the heir. I like it, it's quite original.
And yeah, when a new constitution is about to be adopted by the republic, there could be a republic continuation referendum as well, @Aluma.

As per the agreement in 1949, in the case of the formation of a Republic, the people would be, every 25 years, afforded a chance to return to a monarchy. With an agreement that after 100 years, should it be rejected four times, the republic would be viewed as "Having gained the consent of the people" and be maintained without future votes unless authorised by the Parliament

Also, why did the far right lead a coup against the Bonaparte dynasty?

Napoleon IV was

A. Quite a liberal man, so widely disdained by the far right.
B, Blamed for France's effective defeat in the stalemate that was the First World War.
C. Blamed for the forced withdrawal from the Rhineland in 1924 after the intervention to aid the toppled King of Westphalia

Couple that with the start of an economic crisis that year, the Monarchy was deeply unpopular, and the far right was on the rise. Seeking to "Undo the damage done by the Bonaparte's."

Last edited:
Provinces of America.
VKr0aTi.png

Have your say!
Oh shit. The King is hot. Is the fucking David Gandy.

I feel my bisexuality triggering.

Wait, have the Bonapartes intermarries with the Bourbons? How did that happen, did the Bourbons give up their claims to the French Crown? It seems they also adopted the naming conventions of the Kings of France.

The 48 Years' War
The Great Conflagration

"The fact your media, including this broadcaster, still entertains the idea that the conflicts that began with the Fashoda War and ended with the Congress of New York were some... series of fully connected events is idiotic. From the start, it was a fantasy concocted by American propagandists during the war. For example, my ancestor, Napoleon IV, did everything he could to prevent the outbreak of the First World War, and yet he is forced to bear the indignation to his memory of the second Napoleonic wars!"

Louie XVIII interviewed by the ABC shortly after his unsanctioned marriage to Princess Elizabeth, the Queen's Sister.

nLcIMGy.png

Last edited:
As per the agreement in 1949, in the case of the formation of a Republic, the people would be, every 25 years, afforded a chance to return to a monarchy. With an agreement that after 100 years, should it be rejected four times, the republic would be viewed as "Having gained the consent of the people" and be maintained without future votes unless authorised by the Parliament
would the same apply after four successive referendums in the favor of the monarchy?

edit: also wow, so WWII here lasts a full 9 years- that would be devastating

Last edited:
That is a nasty early 20th century. If my count is right, there's 18-20 major conflicts over the course of sixty years, capped off by WWII/Arabian War. In terms of casualties, how bad were these various wars for the powers involved in them?

Wait, have the Bonapartes intermarries with the Bourbons? How did that happen, did the Bourbons give up their claims to the French Crown? It seems they also adopted the naming conventions of the Kings of France.

A branch of the Bourbons married into the family, the current King's mother was a Bourbon. However, the recognition of the old order was something pushed by Charles XI as a part of national reconstruction efforts to stress the continuity of the French state through history. When he became Emperor, he was simply Charles and changed it to XI in 1955.

would the same apply after four successive referendums in the favor of the monarchy?

For the Monarchy, the Republic provision will go to rest after the next vote if the people vote to retain the Monarchy.

edit: also wow, so WWII here lasts a full 9 years- that would be devastating
That is a nasty early 20th century. If my count is right, there's 18-20 major conflicts over the course of sixty years, capped off by WWII/Arabian War. In terms of casualties, how bad were these various wars for the powers involved in them?

WWII was a living nightmare, even more so than the one faced in OTL. With the added length and bitter fighting in China. The death toll will be higher. And that's before we even get into the lengthy bombing campaigns launched by France and Britain against each other and the horror of China's Great Siege of Japan.

I'll have an exact number when I do the Infobox for it next week. But to say that the era was devastating would be the understatement of the century.

BBC News 26/11/2022 - Lesser Sunda: Islands reject Independence from the United Kingdom
BBC News 26/11/2022 - Lesser Sunda: Islands reject Independence from the United Kingdom

DESii5l.png

The Vote.PNG

Last edited:
The best part of these sorts of posts are not the main stories but rather the tidbits on the sides:
- No 3. Does this mean America is nearing victory because that seems rather idealistic of them
- No 6. Didn’t Thatcher end apartheid in South Africa as was explained before after the last current events post?
- No 10. It appears the protests in Germany have succeeded.

- No 3. Does this mean America is nearing victory because that seems rather idealistic of them

A little of column A and a little of column B. Nigeria has been fully liberated, and much of the country's western half has fallen, with Sokoto itself taken in August. Baker is planning for the future, though some think he's getting ahead of himself.

- No 6. Didn’t Thatcher end apartheid in South Africa as was explained before after the last current events post?
The world map indicates that OTL South Africa is split between different countries. Pretoria is part of whatever the Transvaal-OFS country is called.

Indeed! Thatcher bought down the system in the Cape, though it remains intact in the South African Federation, though most of the world calls it the Boer Republics or other words, I won't repeat here. Conditions there are beyond awful, and there are growing calls for some degree of international action after the latest sound of border engagements between them and Natal-Zulu.

- No 10. It appears the protests in Germany have succeeded.

More on this soon!

Loving this TL so far, hope we see more chapters with maps, stats and data, always love those since history and geography became my favorite classes :D

Forms of government - 2022
Forms of government

"For the last time, America is a Parliamentary constitutional monarchy, we've been over this"
"You can't really believe that, right?"
Locked Wikipedia talk thread - Page 234​
F6KejLE.png

Map da.PNG

Loving this TL so far, hope we see more chapters with maps, stats and data, always love those since history and geography became my favorite classes :D
Ask, and thou shall receive.

Last edited:
Forms of government

snip​
To be fair the British Republicanism was not exported in a world wide scale, just a handful of nations adopted it (counting at least those that survived to this day).
Yay, monarchy of Manchuria.
How's "The Chades" a theocracy? Are they Muslims?

Last edited:
What on this alternate Earth is going on in Southern California?
This has already been answered earlier
United States of California - Currently locked in a decades-long civil war over the question of who the President is, though at this stage it's barely noticeable, and a whole generation of California youth would look at you funny if you asked them what they thought of the war. "What war?" they might ask.
You can actually see in the last update that there was a headline on the side "Delegates gather in San Diego for California Peace Talks"