Good Abandoned TL's

So, sadly there are many timelines that have been abandoned or paused as the authors have gone fishing.
Which abandoned TL's are your favourites so far?

Exactly what I opened this topic to nominate! I think Astro said it was turning a bit boring to write as it was just a kerbstomp by the end but I'd have loved to see it continued through to at least the end of the war (or even up to the present day - maybe the launch of whatever his world's version of the CVF ends up being?)

To be honest, its unlikely as I was writing a naval-based story and the RN (oh, and those late-come American chappies :) ) have rather run out of enemy ships to sink. What's left is just about enough to curb-stomp in the Pacific.
Its why a lot of series (not just on here) end early, its just no fun writing a beaten enemy getting hammered into the ground.
I did try, but without resorting to some silly ASB help for the Axis its just a case of waiting for them to die.

The trouble is there aren't that many good naval war prospects for long stories :(
I blame the politicians...
I'm afraid I have been rather lax here, I've been writing stuff on other sites.

Maybe we should ask people for suggestions of what they think would make a good story? After all, Whale actually started as a result of 'yes, we can do that' in response to an idea...

SsgtC

Banned
Maybe we should ask people for suggestions of what they think would make a good story? After all, Whale actually started as a result of 'yes, we can do that' in response to an idea...
I've been thinking about/working on a TL with a much more volatile Cold War that sees multiple nations maintaining/acquiring aircraft carriers and the USN/RN/MN all keeping larger carrier fleets. For the RN in particular there won't be any abandoning everything East of Suez

I've been thinking about/working on a TL with a much more volatile Cold War that sees multiple nations maintaining/acquiring aircraft carriers and the USN/RN/MN all keeping larger carrier fleets. For the RN in particular there won't be any abandoning everything East of Suez

But who'd get something that's so expensive that didn't OTL, besides maybe the USSR if the right people get in charge?

-The big South American countries (and Thailand) got prestige carriers.
-Germany has the money but not the need, and there's an immediate, pressing concern for the army.
-Japan, using the same "it's a helicopter, er, VTOL, er, STOL destroyer, honest" terminology they used for their recent big aircraft ships might do it.

Other than that, I don't know.

SsgtC

Banned
But who'd get something that's so expensive that didn't OTL, besides maybe the USSR if the right people get in charge?

-The big South American countries (and Thailand) got prestige carriers.
-Germany has the money but not the need, and there's an immediate, pressing concern for the army.
-Japan, using the same "it's a helicopter, er, VTOL, er, STOL destroyer, honest" terminology they used for their recent big aircraft ships might do it.

Other than that, I don't know.
Kinda the road block I keep hitting with it. There's a couple possibilities I'm working with, but it requires multiple PODs to make it work. It's gonna be a long while before it see the light of day TBH

To be honest, its unlikely as I was writing a naval-based story and the RN (oh, and those late-come American chappies :) ) have rather run out of enemy ships to sink. What's left is just about enough to curb-stomp in the Pacific.
Its why a lot of series (not just on here) end early, its just no fun writing a beaten enemy getting hammered into the ground.
I did try, but without resorting to some silly ASB help for the Axis its just a case of waiting for them to die.

The trouble is there aren't that many good naval war prospects for long stories :(
I blame the politicians...
I'm afraid I have been rather lax here, I've been writing stuff on other sites.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm just greedy!