Goddamn this is my third test thread but I'm too lazy to find the other Ones

Discussion in 'Post Test Messages Here' started by king_of_the_penguins, Dec 13, 2016.

1. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Deal with it

2. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Nieuw Zwolle Events from https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...and-steel-lets-colonize-north-america.405192/

3. ThomasWolsey Well-Known Member

The European Spring.

The turn of the century was looked on by many as a cause for celebration, particularly the ‘civilized’ states of Europe. Within these nations they saw themselves still as world leaders with all other states being lesser and to be pitied, or preyed upon in equal measure. This view was evident within domestic affairs also, with the French busily oppressing any person within Alsace, Lorraine or the Rhineland who might even put forward the hypothesis that they were in fact, Germanic and by extension German. In Russia their western and southern most provinces remained filled full of non-Russian people who were not given equal representation within governance, with the Lithuanians and kazakhs openly asking the question of why, if the Ukranians were allowed their own state that they are not given their nation also?

This sentiment is not limited to the aforementioned nations, indeed the self-titled ‘Roman Empire’ in Greece was experiencing troubles with the majority Muslim Albanian areas tense after clashes between vigilante groups of both Christians and Muslim. In Bulgaria the problem of sharing a border with an independent Bulgarian state has led to the formation of a political movement there hoping to reunite all Bulgarians in a single state. Even within the Great German Republic there has been formed a localised political party in its eastern provinces, the Polish National Party which openly espouses a referendum within Polish majority provinces regarding independence or at the minimum unification with the Polish State.

Nowhere however is nationalistic sentiment higher however than within the Danubian Federation, where in times past the state was held together under Austrian hegemony backed up with the force of arms of the Austro-Hungarian army, now all nationalities had an equal say and this did not sit well with many, particularly the Hungarians and Austrians. With the free political system, Mihály Károlyi and compatriots formed, at the opening of 1900 the ‘Hungary First Party’ who have rapidly grown in popularity within Hungarian dominated areas. This party, whose core tenant is ‘Hungary ruled by Hungarians’ has utilised the massive wealth of the Károlyi business empire to fund a propaganda campaign. Pointing to the body within the capital as being ‘un-democratic’ and ‘foreign-dominated’ it paints an attractive picture of an independent Hungarian state which can spend all of its money upon its own people without the need to ‘subsidise the Croats, Poles and Czech states’.

How these states will react to this remains to be seen, however one things is sure, left unaddressed these groups are only likely to grow in support, being led by educated populists who play upon the unrealised dream of their own statehood.

4. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Independência ao Imperialismo:
    A Brazilian History 1621 - 1864

[​IMG]
    Spanish and Portugeuse Troops at the Battle of Setúbal 1620.
    With the Death of Phillip III/II of Spain and Portugal in 1609, The Iberian union largely fell into chaos. With no heir to follow him, and no close relatives due to the deaths of his many uncles, cousins, Nephews and nieces, and his own purges of the Aristocracy Many in Spain and Portugal proposed ending the short lived union and electing a foreign Prince to rule each kingdom. Marie De' Medici pushed her sons claim for both Thrones, and with the union looking to end soon, a fierce letter denouncing the Young King's claim to both thrones was sent.

The Arrival of the 'Lettre de Poison' in Paris caused a storm, and by the week, War was declared. The few Portuguese Nobles who remained largely fled to the Portuguese colony of Brazil and established the 'Trono Velado' or the Veiled Throne of Portugal. French Forces tore through Iberia and by 1612 held Catalonia, Navarre, Asturias, and much more of the Spanish Realm. In 1617, Louis XIII was crowned Louis I of Franco-Iberia in Madrid, and only Portugal remained to Conquer.

Many Spaniards had fled to Portugal in the face of the Advancing French Army and thus, Portugal was well defended even if it was Kingless. For the next four years, the French pushed through Portugal and eventually were halted at Lisbon by a small guard of Five Thousand Spaniards and Portuguese. Although the Siege of Lisbon lasted for Eight months, These men were eventually slaughtered by the Thousands of Franco-Iberian troops. With the utter Collapse of Portugal, The many Portuguese Nobles in Brazil were at a loss, with no homeland and no Monarch to lead them.

[​IMG]
    "Ricardo the Only"
    Portrait of Ricardo I, First and Only King of Brazil. 1626.
    Richardo Luiz de Paradasa, a Brazilian-Born General in the Portuguese Army then stood to the fore. Gathering the many Nobles and Aristocrats, In 1622 Ricardo crowned himself king of Brazil and was met with much praise. He established a Court in Saó Paulo and created several new titles and gifted them to his close friends. Ricardo I however, had no heir, and thus to avoid Infighting, kept his decision as to who should succeed him to himself. Ruling as an Autocrat, with little Advice taken from anyone, Ricardo pushed the borders of Brazil deep into the Amazon and civilised dozens of Tribes and laid waste to those who would not.

The Peace and Prosperity of Ricardo I's rule was short-lived however. In 1631, on a Hunt on the Northern shore of the Amazon, Ricardo was struck with a rock thrown from within the Thick Jungle, crushing the King's skull and killing him. His Companions carried the body to a close village, where a local doctor attempted all he could to save the king's life. As the News reached Saó Paulo, Fighting broke out between the Nobles almost instantly, with personal troops clashing in the streets. Each of the Nobles would eventually retire to their lands, and declare themselves free of the Rule from Saó Paulo, which had no rule itself. From 1631 onwards, Brazil was no longer a single state. The Great Brazilian Kingdom had been broken into roughly Thirty small city-states.

[​IMG]
    Duke Garcia I of Recife. 1637.
    Many of the small Duchies claimed the Throne of Brazil at first, but by the year 1650, any idea of the reunification of Brazil was near madness. Each Duke had his unique way of rule, and many of the small states waged unrelenting war between themselves and against the Amazon Tribes who had largely returned to the Old ways. Of the Brazilian City-states, there are too many to go into detail about. One of the Most Powerful of these however, was the Duchy of Recife in North Eastern Brazil. First ruled by Garcia I, He largely expanded his navy and frequenly led raids into west Africa, amassing great numbers of slaves in North-Eastern Brazil. On the Death of Garcia I in 1658, the Throne of the Duchy went to his Twenty Five year old first son; Garcia II. Ruling much like His father, in a fiercely Autocratic manner, Garcia II annexed several other small city states. Recife looked poised to reunite Great Brazil, but alas tragedy should befall them as Garcia II would die of Tuberculosis before his thirtieth birthday, and the Throne passed to his younger Brother, Luiz I.

Luiz I was the Opposite Coinface to his Brother. While Garcia was decisive and authoritative, Luiz was meek and ruled with a hands-off attiude. He lowered the taxes and largely sold off the massive fleet his Father and Brother had built up, He instead encouraged the arts within Recife including Music and Painting. It is said by some that under the Rule of Garcia II, Recife was in a golden age, and in the Rule of Luiz I, it was in a different golden age. Luiz ruled, with the help of numerous advisors and companions, until 1703 at his death. Luiz was followed by his only Son, Afonso I.

Afonso I ruled for a short Eighteen years, until the Brazilian Unification in 1717 - 1728. During his tenure, He can be said to have ruled much like his Uncle and Grandfather, or tried to rather. The Modernisation of the Recife Government by his father largely removed Royal power and empowered the councils of the city. For much of His Reign, Luiz fought against his government and the Natives in equal manner. He also personnally led the defence in the siege of Recife In 1721, in which he also killed. The Story of the Dukes of Recife is however simply one amomg the quiver when talking of this period.
    [​IMG]
    Afonso I, the Last Duke of Recife. 1710.
    Another Interesting Duchy was the Duchy of Rio de Janeiro, ruled by the Mantidas-Janeiro Family. The Duchy was one of the smaller and poorer Duchies, until 1698 when Duke Pedro Miguel inherited the throne. Pedro Miguel was the produce of several Fortuitous marriages and thus came into the possesion of several duchies Including That of Rio de Janeiro. Since the start of his reign, Pedro Miguel was possesed by a 'Destino Imperial' or Imperial Destiny in which it was his descendents mission to unite Brazil under the Mantidas-Janeiro Family.

In 1717 at the age of 56, with Arthritic knees and Crippling Depression, Pedro Miguel hardly seemed like to sort to unite Brazil under his Dynasty, yet however He pushed his council to allow him to do so, and finally in the closing months of that year, He was Granted Personnal command of the army. In the early spring of 1718, The warm brazilian days were accompanied by victory after victory for The forces of Pedro Miguel, and the battles which he fought at read like a Rolls of Honours. By 1720, Pedro Miguel had largely captured the entire Coast, with a few pockets denying his rule, and He was crowned Pedro I of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro.

His new found Imperial flair did nothing to sate his thirst for combat, and in 1721 Pedro I personally commanded the forces assaulting the great city-state of Recife and is said to have led the final assault into the city. after the Fall of Recife, Pedro I largely retired from the Unification wars and allowed his Generals and his son to command the war. Following the collapse of the Final City states in 1728, Pedro I began a great Liberalisation including granting women and Free Africans the same rights as Male White Brazilians. This was largely dispised by his council, and when Pedro I became Ill due to his depression and his son, Diogo Miguel was appointed as Regent in 1735, Efforts were taken to largely overturn the liberation of Blacks and Women. Emperor Pedro I died in 1749 at the age of 88, and the Throne passed to his son, who was Crowned as Diogo I.

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Magnificent"
    Emperor Pedro I of Brazil.1720.
    The Reign of Diogo I can easily be said to have started in 1735, when He was appointed regent due to his fathers inability to rule competently at the time. It was hoped that Pedro I would recover from His ailments, but he never did so for the last fourteen years of his 'rule' he had absolutely nothing to do with Governing his nation. Upon the Death of Pedro I, great lamentation came from every strata of Brazilian Society, and the Prince-Regent was crowned as Emperor Diogo I.

Diogo I's reign of Brazil was short, only Eleven years on the throne properly, yet there was little time of Inactivity. Contact was largely established with many European states in his reign, and He even took a French wife. Diogo, like his father, took the throne late in life with His coronation being Four days before his Fiftieth Birthday and this affected his reign massively. Diogo knew it was unlikely he would sire an heir and thus he brought his younger Brother, Pedro Afonso, to the Imperial palace and began to fund the education of his two nephews; Prince Pedro Diogo and Prince Afonso Luiz, with them being His most likely successors. A little known fact of Diogo's reign is that the First Brazilian Colony was founded in 1749; Fort Diogo in south West Africa. The Colony survived for several years before being captured by Englishmen. Thus ended the first chapter of Brazilian Colonialism.

Towards the end of his Reign, Diogo became increasingly paranoid in regards to a potential coup, though evidence of such an uprising is scarce. This led him to purge the Brazilian Government and Military of effective Leaders, severely damaging any Potential there was for Brazil to become a world power. Diogo I died in 1760, a far different man from his loved father. The state coffers were empty, the Government was useless and the Military was little more than an expensive hobby for rich Landowners, and the Monarchy hated by the populace. such was the Brazil which the Young Prince Pedro Inherited.

[​IMG]
    "Diogo the Cruel"
    Emperor Diogo I of Brazil, during the Regency of his father. 1737.
    Pedro II came to the throne in a most turmultuous time, with many repubuplican groups calling for the abolishment of the Monarchy, and the establishment of a Brazilian Republic. Pedro sought to right the wrongs of his uncle, and did so by allowing all free men over the age of 30 to run for office within the government. Within several years, the weak government had been shaken down and reformed into a poweful body of Parliament.

The weak military of Brazil however would be a different battle. He first sought to combat the issue by appointing his brother, Prince Afonso Miguel, commander of the Brazilian Army and Navy. Afonso instituted a massive reform upon the Lieutenant's academy and worked on the issues from the command perspective. After a decade of these reformed classes, new officers with new training and initiative came into command positions.

With the New Brazilian Army a highly respected and functional unit, rather than the plaything of nobles, Emperor Pedro II sought to expand the power of Brazil beyond the atlantic. Funding the Merchant Navy and establishing the 'Brazilian West Africa Company', Pedro managed to subtlety insert Brazilian Traders throughout much of West Africa and the Congo Channel. In 1771, using these traders, He established trading posts, Forts and Ports in several locations throughout west Africa. These small colonies soon expanded and in 1782, the Brazilian West Africa Company was sold to the Brazilian government and the First true Brazilian Colonies were named as such. Colonial wars against the Natives and several wars against other colonists took place, each furth cementing the Brazilian Colonial Spirit. Many White Brazilians moved to these small colonies and expanded their numbers massively. By 1795, Brazil stood alongside great empires like Franco-Iberia, Normannia and England.

The last issue for Pedro to resolve was the Resentment of the Monarchy, and it would require his death for it to be resolved.

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Fair"
    Emperor Pedro II of Brazil. 1797.
    In the Autumn of 1798, Emperor Pedro II and his two eldest sons; Crown Prince Pedro Luiz and Prince Miguel João were inspecting a recently constructed series of Forts in the Northern Amazon. Unbeknown to the Emperor, the Princes or the Guards, Republican rebels planned to kill the king and had smuggled blackpowder into the storage rooms of the Fort. The blackpowder was lit as the Inspecting royals entered, and all were killed. As the Conspirators returned to São Luiz and announced their crime expecting adulation and Praise, all of the perpetrators were torn from their horses and were hung in front of a baying crowd of Thousands of Brazilians. Republicanism in Brazil came to a short and Bloody death.

after the death of Pedro, and his crown prince, Pedro's young Grandaughter was crowned Empress of Brazil. At three years of age, The Young Empress could not rule herself and a regent was appointed; Prince Afonso Miguel, The Brother of Pedro II. His rule as regent was largely peaceful, with only a single war being fought: The São Fernandina war, in which a group of Namib Africans attempted to wrest the South African port of São Fernandina away from Brazilian Rule. It was a stunning Brazilian Victory.

In the year 1800 however, much was to change. Prince Afonso Miguel was removed from the office of Regent and replaced by Ferdinand Miguel Alvidãres, Duke of Vitória. Ferdinand planned for young Isabella to eventually marry his son, Pedro Ferdinand, and have his son crowned as Emperor and his descendents the rulers of Brazil. When it became Apparent Prince Afonso could claim the throne and remove Ferdinand from Power, many rallied behind him. The Brazilian Government soon fell into two factions; Those in support of Ferdinand and the continued Regency, and those in Support of Afonso Miguel and his Rule as Emperor.

[​IMG]
    'Isabella the Young"
    Empress Isabella I of Brazil. 1799.
    The Brazilian Civil War started slowly, with nobles and Dules declaring themselves to each Faction slowly guaging the possibility of success. Utilising his charisma and connection to the Navy, Afonso quickly gained supporters amongst the high Admiralty and thus overwhelmed the Colonial Supporters of Ferdinand. The Duke of Vitória however promised Land and wealth to the slave-owning Nobles of North and west Brazil, and thus had them under his sway. The supporters of Afonso quickly became known as the Legitimatist Faction, while the supporters of Ferdinand and the Regency of Isabella became known as the Regentists.

For the first year, Fighting was harsh and bloody. The Legitimatists captured Rio de Janeiro via landings from the South and East, and established a government there, while the Regentists took São Luis and Set up a government. The Conflict was mostly fought along the coastal region, while fighting inland was equally as hard fought, if not worse. With his command over the Brazilian Navy, Afonso was able to Bombard São Luis from the Ocean and, in 1802, land several thousand men at Belém. Taking the North Brazilian Port enabled the Legitimatists to supply And land more troops into the area.

By 1803, most of Brazil had been retaken by the Legitimatists and the Regentists controlled a slim coastal corridor from Parnaíba to João Pessoa, between the rivers Parnaíba and São Francisco. Afonso offered peace, but this offer was refused. After a few more months of Hellish warfare, the War was over. Ferdinand of Vitória was Hung in Rio de Janeiro while Isabella was removed from the Imperial Throne and given titles and land befitting of a former Empress. In November 1803, Afonso was Crowned Emperor Afonso Miguel I of Brazil.

[​IMG]
    "Afonso the Just"
    Emperor Afonso Miguel I of Brazil. 1804.
    Afonso Miguel began his reign well. He expanded the colonies, Reformed the Military, and behaved much the same as many other Brazilian Monarchs. One major change of his rule was moving the Imperial court to Natal, while major reconstruction work took place in Rio de Janeiro. Much of Afonso's rule was given over to reconstructing the broken ties between the Industrial East and Agricultural west, which largely succeeded throughout the Empire.

Afonso Miguel was the first Brazilian Monarch to visit the african colonies, in his visit and tour of the west african Colonies in 1807. It was also in his reign that much of Katanga was colonised, including it's capital Porta Afonso in 1810. He frequently visited Europe and was known to visit Paris and Rome on a near monthly basis. He was often known as the 'Imperador de Partido' for his wild parties in Rio de Janeiro and His Seven Bastard sons. In reality, The Emperor had only three legitimate sons; Crown Prince Pedro Luis, Prince Miguel Afonso and Prince João Luis.

In his dying years, The Emperor was restricted to a bed and was known to meet his prime minister in such a position. He funded the Navy massively in these last few years, for example, In 1816 spending nearly a quarter of his yearly coffers upon the construction of Le Grande Brasilia, a Flagship for the Brazilian Navy that wouldnt be completed until 1823, long after his death. In June 1819, Emperor Afonso Miguel drew his last breath and the Title of Emperor passed to his eldest son, Prince Pedro Luis.

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Great"
    Emperor Pedro III of Brazil. 1864.

If the Reign of Pedro III can be likened to anything, a sea would be perhaps the best fit. At times it was good, at other times it was bad. Pedro's reign started in mid 1819 and soon he was confronted with wars in Africa, and to his north in America. He sought to expand his colonies in africa via the medium of war, and this mostly succeeded, taking large colonies from Normannia during the small "Kongo War" as it became known in Brazil.

Another Feature of Pedro's rule was the South African war. Starting out as a conflict in support of Maputo, a small protectorate of Brazil, War between the Brazilian and English Empires occured. The war was short at only 4 years long, but caused Brazil the loss of her south African Colonies. Allying herself with Franco-Iberia, Brazil sought to restore some of her lost power through the capture of Normannian or Dutch Colonies. Such a conflict never arose however, and Brazil would have to make do until the Congress of Berlin when She was given Nominal control over large Portions of Central Africa, west Africa and several Saharan Ports.

Brazil later gained a second stage for colonial activities in the form of Kyushu. in the last few years of Pedro's rule, Help was promised to the government of japan that should Tugunska attack, Brazil will send troops. This they did, and these control of several Japanese ports alongside the French. After the Brief Kagoshima crisis in which Normannia threatened to plunge the world into War once again, The Empire was largely at peace. many plans were drawn up regarding future colonisation of Uninhabited africa and the capture of several ports was also planned for the upcoming years. Pedro III ruled until 1865, when he died, and the Throne passed to his Eldest Son Pedro IV of Brazil.

[​IMG]
    Emperor Pedro IV of Brazil before His Coronation. 1865.
    Pedro IV's reign started with the capture and establishment of two Ports in north west Africa. Unfortunately, the Land had been promised to Carthage in the Berlin Conference some years earlier, and war looked likely. The matter however was resolved with a lowering of tariffs on Carthaginian goods and a large reparations. In the meanwhile, a small diplomatic spat occured over the Norman claims of ownership over the entirety of the Japanese Concession city of Kagoshima, when in reality, the North-Eastern half was governed by the Brazilian Colonial Office. the Second Kagoshima crisis was resolved by a simple name changel and a change in diplomatic representatives.

In Europe, Portuguese Nationalists rose up, with sublime Brazilian Support. Rifles, guns and other aged equipment was sent over as hunting stores, and was used to arm the rebels. capturing a armoury in lisbon in the opening stages of their rebellion, the Rebels looked poised for independence. Alas, the uprising was crushed by The French as had been done in the 1620s. During this time, massive expansion also took place, expanding into the Area given to Brazil during the Berlin Conference. Public opinon of the Monarchy at this time, was fairly high. Colonies were gained, unemployment was low, and the Empire was largely at peace. Pedro IV looked ready to expand Brazilian rule over the world.

"[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Incautious"
    Emperor Pedro IV of Brazil, near the end of his Reign. 1906.

[​IMG]
    "Fidel Afonso the Brief"
    Emperot Fidel I of Brazil. 1909.

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Enlightened"
    Emperor Pedro V of Brazil. 1914.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Kellan Sullivan likes this.
  5. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

EUROPE EVENTS

GERMANY YOU OLD SCAMP: PART 1

[​IMG]
    German High Command in Berlin. 1901.
    In the Early months and weeks of 1900, the German government made plans for an invasion of Russia, and most certainly was not quiet about it. Huge numbers of troops were amassed in the East, Massive Artillery Guns were constructed and shipped out east, and thousands of horses were prepared for the Cavalry regiments. All of this was done in open sight, with little decieit or deception involved. Many nations in europe prepared for the war, with some planning to take a side, or stick to Neutrality, or take advantage. Denmark planned on siding with Germany, in the Hope that a Danish Prince could receive a Baltic Crown. Wallachia came to the conclusion it would cut off oil to both Germany and Russia, in order to prevent an attack upon it's vital Oilfields, while Nations such as Portugal and France sought to take advantage. All of Europe stood on tenderhooks waiting for an Invasion to come.

[​IMG]
    German Troops crossing the Border, just the wrong Border.... 1901.

When a Declaration of War finally came, many were surprised to see it issued to the Netherlands, rather than the Russian Empire. The German Ambassador to the Netherlands, Helmut Frederick Schmit, personally delivered the declaration to the Stadtholder's office in Amsterdam, and with it, all hell broke loose. The Massed Thousands of the German Army poured into the Netherlands like a tide of feldgrau. Town after town fell to the german assault, using a revolutionary form of momentum orientated warfare or Schwungkrieg. By the time a defence force could be mustered by the Dutch, the German forces had already captured Utrecht.

Within the Governments of Europe, many were horrified at the sudden invasion of the Netherlands by Germany, Including Britain, Italy, France, amd Danubia, and many offered support to the Dutch government. However, the French Military had organised a operation in case the Germans invaded Russia, to invade The Netherlands as soon as a Declaration was issued. With the confusion caused at the start, French Forces were pushed onwards. France had placed agents into the Netherlands some years prior and thus activated these sleeper agents to Destroy bridges along the Rhine. Several were captured by Dutch Troops as 'German Conspirators', some were captured by the Germans as Dutch Saboteurs, but some actually did complete their task, mainly in Holland and the Far south. At this time, the French Army began slowly mobilising. To some, it appeared the French moved first due to the speed of the German Assault, so Frisia and Holland openly accepted the German Troops as Protection against the French.

[​IMG]
    German Troops execute French Saboteurs. 1901.
    The French Army began advancing along the Dutch Flanders coast, and was largely successful in taking the few small ports along the shore, while a Secondary Force advanced along the Western Rhine, capturing the dozens of small towns. The German Navy, having largely defeated the Dutch force, moved along the Flanders coast and was able to bombard French Advancing forces.

[​IMG]
    Troops of the Free state of Brussels. 1902.

In Brussels, a Group of Flemish Anarchists banded togethor and declared the Free state of Brussels, fighting the oncoming French and Germans. The Dutch above the Rhine, Held by Germany, are relatively content and supportive of the occupying power due the Pan-German party having been at work in the Netherlands for some years, while in the French Occupied part, things are more interesting. Along the Coast, Support is good and many are volunteering in French Units, while the French Occupied area is cleaved in half by the Free state of Brussels, and the Rhine land area is becoming increasingly antagonistic with Rhenish Germans at home threatening an uprising.

SUMMARY:

• Germany mugs off europe by surprisigly invading The Netherlands
    • France Fucks up, and invades also.
    • the Dutch seem happy under the Germans
    • The Dutch seem unhappy under the French
    • Brussels is captured by Anarchists and declared a Free state.
    • Germany holds the Northern Part of the Netherlands e.g. north of the Rhine, while the french hold the Coast and the Rhine/Luxembourg region. Brussels controls the area around the city north to the Rhine.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  6. Kellan Sullivan Well-Known Member

I would be very interested in it if you were to turn 'Independência ao Imperialismo:' into a fully fledged timeline - I'm sure there would be others on the board who would like a Brazil-centric TL very much, too. Any chance of there being an addendum to it covering 1866 to the present?

king_of_the_penguins likes this.
  7. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Wow thanks for the recognition :) i might do if there is a bit more support for it :) I'm amazed anyone's interested at all tbh.

8. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Joseph I, King of the South Netherlands (B. 1783 D. 1867 R. 1863-1867)
    Leopold I, King of the South Netherlands (B. 1823 D. 1871 R. 1867-1871)
    Joseph II, King of the South Netherlands (B.1824 D. 1878 R. 1871-1878)
    Ferdinand I, King of the South Netherlands (B. 1827 D. 1892 R. 1878-1892)
    Joseph III, King of the South Netherlands (B. 1858 R. 1892-)

9. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    Add a tag saying "King of the Penguins" to all your threads of this sort. Click that tag on any of the threads and you'll get an overview of all the threads tagged as such. No more need to use the search function to find your threads.

king_of_the_penguins likes this.
  10. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

Independência ao Imperialismo:
    A Brazilian History 1864-1908

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Incautious"
    Pedro IV, Emperor of Brazil. 1906.

[​IMG]
    "Fidel the Brief"
    Fidel I, Emperor of Brazil. 1908.

[​IMG]
    "Pedro the Enlightened"
    Pedro V, Emperor of Brazil. 1911.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  11. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

[​IMG]
    Fort Van Der Gelt, Belgian Congo. 1900.
    The Wind was soothing as Ernst Van Der Gelt sat on the steps of the veranda of his house. He sipped at his bottle of Congolese Beer, a local brew. Not too Hoppy, yet fruity and crisp. It suited Ernst well. Ernst was thin, in his forties, with a small moustache, and weathered face. His blue-grey eyes spoke a thousand words, and his ivory handled pistol spoke spoke only two: Fuck you.

He had been in the Congo for fourteen years, and had been one of the First Belgians to move to the hellhole, and establish a trading post. Then the Post was a small collection of huts, storehouses and offices. Now Fort Van Der Gelt was a sprawling Port-City, sitting on the shore of the Congo River, deep inland. he watched as the myriad workforce of the city went to work. He saw blacks, Indians, Chinese, Whites, all working to put coin in his pockey. Humanity will always thrive, if Capital still drives Us forward he thought to himself. A young black then came running over, and spoke to Ernst.
    "The Jap merchants are back Sir" the young boy said.
    Ernst picked up his hat, and downed the remains of his beer.
    "Time to start trading then" He said as he began the walk to the dockyard.

Ersnt Arrived at the shipside. The Small steamer wasnt much to look at, and she had been in Fort Van Der Gelt several times already, in order to pick up items. Her crew was mostly japanese, with some chinese, Russian and Australians aboard as well. Ernst spotted the distinctive bald head of Captain Watanabe, the owner of the ship and gently ran over to him and softly slapped the Japanese Captain on the back
    "Ah Monsieur Watanabe. Back so soon?" Ernst said with a wink.
    "Yes Monsieur Van Der Gelt, may we go to your office to discuss the payment?" The Captain replied
    "what is there to discuss? Sixty Grand for the fifteen tonnes" Ernst said, his smile rapidly dropping.
    "we wish to rearrange the price" Watanabe said.
    "lets go to my office" Ernst said, unsmiling.

Ernst sat in the deep leather chair, in his office and opened another bottle of beer. The journey from the shipside had been unbearably quiet, and Ernst finally spoke after staring at the Captain for a good minute or two. Ernst had allowed Watanabe to bring three of his men along, for the Captains comfort.
    "What do you wish to discuss regarding our prices?" Ernst said, before taking a good swig of his sweet beer.
    "The Japanese Government has placed more trade restrictions on Unmarked Ivory, such as yours. It is becomingly increasingly difficult to get into Japan and then sell. We had to sell our last load for a mere quarter of what we paid. So we wish to lower the price, allowing us to make more Profit" Watanabe said.
    Ernst removed his hat and wiped the sweat from his brow.
    "No" Ernst said softly, shaking his head. "The price isnt going down. Sixty for the Fifteen"
    "Is there no room for discussion?" Watanabe asked. "Perhaps Rubber? There are few Restrictions on rubber"
    "That is why it isnt good to smuggle Rubber, you fool" Said Ernst. He took another deep Swig of his beer.
    One of Watanabe's men, the first mate, leant forward and whispered into the captains ear.
    "Lets leave. We can get fifteen tonnes of Ivory for forty five at the Verstegan trading point.
    "I'm sorry, did I just hear Verstegan?" Ernst stood up from his chair. "we have a deal captain, remember it"
    "no" said Watanabe. "We will be taking our trade elsewhere. Good bye Monsieur Van Der Gelt" Watanabe turned for the door.
    a single shot rang through the room. the First Mate hit the floor with a fist sized hole in the back of his head, and a neat 10 cent sized hole in his forhead. Ernst stood, arm outstretched with His Ivory Handled Pistol in hand.
    "you fucked up now" said Ernst.

12. king_of_the_penguins fighting for Tea and Biscuits

[​IMG]
    Yugoslavia: 1933 - 1939
    While Much of the world focused on America, with the assasinatIon of President Roosevelt, several European Nations would turn to face Yugoslavia, the new face of Serbian Nationalism, as she underwent a fundamental change in her policies. From April through to August, King Alexander I spoke in length to the Leaders of Nationalist groups, as well as his cousin, Prince Paul, who was a noted Yugoslavic Nationalist. By the end of the months of talks, The King had resolved to change from Serbian Nationalism, to Yugoslavic Nationalism.

Alexander I of Yugoslavia Offered rights and freedoms to the Croatian, Slovenian, Macedonian and Bosnian Peoples, including Religious freedoms. He also supported the Homogenisation of the Yugoslavic population in order to 'Remove the petty differences given to us by a few years of history'. By the end of 1934, the Census of Yugoslavia was underway, and the Nationality of each and every household was documented In full by the Yugoslavic Government.

[​IMG]
    Alexander I of Yugoslavia. 12/06/1935.
    The Yugoslavic Census compiled an entire database of which nationality each and every Household believed to be part of. As part of a Government program to increase Homogenisation, families of Croat, Slovenian, Bosnian and other nationalities were encouraged to move to high density serbian Areas. Many of these moved families, and their new neighbours would claim to be 'Serbian Never, Yugoslavian Always'. King Alexander expanded his power throughout the Kingdom in 1934-'35. He would personally assume control of over a Hundred Businesses, and

I'm