Who was the best president of the United States in this timeline?

• Calvin Coolidge: the Revolutionary President

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Freedonia is going to be an absolute pain in the neck, I see it mirroring the Boer Wars in a lot of ways, if the U.S. ever decides to try and annex it. I was under the impression that Manifest Destiny wasn't really a thing in this timeline.

Freedonia is going to be an absolute pain in the neck, I see it mirroring the Boer Wars in a lot of ways, if the U.S. ever decides to try and annex it. I was under the impression that Manifest Destiny wasn't really a thing in this timeline.
It is, but it's always had to take a back seat to other issues. But now that America is at war with UK and it's colonies, members of the American Party are beginning to revive the idea of a United States that goes coast to coast.

Of course, this is on the idea to create new slave states. On the other hand, Democratic Party members are somewhat supportive of expansion as well.

I love the idea of the American "sister republics" fighting against British imperialism in North America. I'm excited to see if our timeline's Lower Canada Patriotes get a chance to establish a French-speaking republic in Canada. Interesting as always, keep it up!

I love the idea of the American "sister republics" fighting against British imperialism in North America. I'm excited to see if our timeline's Lower Canada Patriotes get a chance to establish a French-speaking republic in Canada. Interesting as always, keep it up!
Thank you!

You really think the Canadiens are going to be better off with the damn Yankees?

This is turning into a Yankee Wank.
Count me out.

Cheers!

You really think the Canadiens are going to be better off with the damn Yankees?

This is turning into a Yankee Wank.
Count me out.

Cheers!
It's not a Yankee Wank.

They are simply winning a war against colonies that Britain has a hard time supplying. Also, remember: Napoleon was winning in the beginning of his Russian Invasion in OTL. Tides changed for the French. I would ask you to stay and see how it ends. After all, there is conflict in the Caribbean...

March 27, 1814
Andrew Jackson stood upon a grassy knoll, surveying the breastworks created by the Red Stick faction. There was no noticeable damage from his 12 pounder cannons. He rubbed the neck of his gray horse. He pulled his saber out of his sheath. "Charge! Charge you miserable sacks of lard! Scalp you some injuns!" The blue boys of the United States 39th infantry marched before picking up speed. Their muskets were aimed at the walls, bayonets gleaming in the sunlight. The Tennessee militia charged with them, nowhere near as disciplined, but brave none the less. Alongside them was their native allies, the lower creek, or white sticks, the Choctaw, and the Cherokee. Third Lieutenant Sam Houston charged over the wall, arrows whizzing past him, but none hitting the mark. More blue coats went over the works. Jackson in his excitement cheered loudly, rearing up his horse. The horse, naturally spooked, jerked him off. Jackson cursed and cussed as the mighty beast flailled and kicked, it's It in shoes striking the general. "Damn you, you fleabitten-" the horse stomped Jackson silly and crazy(ier) before being calmed by aides. Jackson was taken away to have his wounds treated. Sam Houston rallied the forces, urging them on. "Come on, boys! One final push!" Brutal hand to hand fighting consumed the fortress, red skins colliding with white skins. Eventually, at about 7:30 pm, Chief Menawa capulated to the Americans. Sam Houston, the highest ranking officer still in the field, accepted the surrender. "It's a good thing that war is horrible, that way we don't grow found of it." Houston said to his opponent. "I agree with you, white man. That I agree with you."
Houston ordered the scalping of Indian corpses to be prohibited for the time being, and for the surviving natives to be treated as prisoners of war.
Andrew Jackson treating non-white people humanely? Surely this belongs in the ASB forum?

So, the Anglo American War has finally reached a years length. Yay (i guess)!

So the Caribbean theater has proved unproductive for the Yankees, but Albion and Hanover and doing pretty bad against the USA. In Canada, the Yankees have seized the territory they wanted: New Brunswick. The French Canadians are hoping to get their own republic, but I didn't spoil if they're getting one.

But here are war aims for the United States.
Annexation of Albion, Hanover, lower New Brunswick, and the Bahamas.

Ok, so

The ideological barrier between Catholics and protestants is beginning to break down.

Edit: this means that Irish nationalism is growing between the northern part of the island as well as the south.

Does anyone have predictions on how the timeline will progress?

Ok, so

The ideological barrier between Catholics and protestants is beginning to break down.

Edit: this means that Irish nationalism is growing between the northern part of the island as well as the south.

Does anyone have predictions on how the timeline will progress?

Britain is getting it on all sides, huh? Aside from a triple axis of German states squaring off on the continent, I can see France being the big winner on the continent. What's the situation in France, still a Republic? Did the Bourbons come back?

Britain is getting it on all sides, huh? Aside from a triple axis of German states squaring off on the continent, I can see France being the big winner on the continent. What's the situation in France, still a Republic? Did the Bourbons come back?
Currently under Napoleon III as OTL. This is going to lead to some major butterflies in the 20th century, as a matter of fact. After I wrap of the Anglo American War, I'm planning on doing some more reports on Europe.