Give me a POD

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I'm interested to know what that's all about tbh.
The story goes that Louis XVI decided to have the Estates-General chamber painted, but failed to communicate this to the Estates-General. The EG's arrived, found the chamber locked and guarded, and assuming the worse met at a nearby Tennis court and voted to not disband until the French Constitution was settled, signifying the first time the French Citizens formally stood opposed to the King. Had he gave them a heads up, then it's unlikely they would have made their oath, which means that the revolution looses one of its triggers...

The story goes that Louis XVI decided to have the Estates-General chamber painted, but failed to communicate this to the Estates-General. The EG's arrived, found the chamber locked and guarded, and assuming the worse met at a nearby Tennis court and voted to not disband until the French Constitution was settled, signifying the first time the French Citizens formally stood opposed to the King. Had he gave them a heads up, then it's unlikely they would have made their oath, which means that the revolution looses one of its triggers...

Interesting, a relatively small event with big consequences- I like it.

Deleted member 97083

• Peter the Great builds St. Petersburg in Azov instead of Ingria.
  • Catherine the Great actually attempts the Greek Plan, and Austria and Russia invade the Ottoman Empire in attempt to recreate the Byzantine Empire
  • Southern Ontario/Upper Canada is included in the US after the Treaty of Paris.
  • Amended Thomas Jefferson's Northwest Ordinance successfully bans slavery in all new territories including at least a few southern territories.
  • Napoleon allies with the Cossacks, promising them their own state, against Russia
  • Talleyrand Partition Plan for Belgium goes in effect, partitioning the new state of Belgium in 1830.
  • Union fortunes are slightly worse during the US Civil War but the Union still wins. In the meantime (1863-1864), Joseph Hooker declares himself dictator.
  • No Berlin conference. In the midst of a war between Germany and Russia, the UK with its unquestionable naval advantage, colonizes all of Africa except the existing Portuguese and French coastal segments.

Have some Serbian PoDs.
  • Prince Nemanja Zavidović Vukanović either dies in the cave he was imprisoned in by his brother Grand Prince of Rascia/Serbia Tihomir, or he fails/dies during his rebellion from 1165 to 1166 against Tihomir, which deposed him and his brothers, Miroslav and Stracimir, IOTL. As a result, the Nemanjić dynasty, which ruled Serbia for the rest of the Middle Ages and effectively shaped it, doesn't come to fruition. The Vukanović family would continue its rule under Tihomir Zavidović, and the Byzantine Empire's influence over the Serbs is uninterrupted.
  • Prince Vukan Nemanjić either kills his younger brother, Stefan Nemanja II Nemanjić, when he overthrows him the first time in 1202, or he defeats/kills him when Stefan tries to take back the throne in 1204. The Hungarians beating back the Bulgarians at this time might help in the latter option.
  • Prince Rastko Nemanjić does not run away from home for Mount Athos as he did in 1192, and as a result of both his brothers dying for whatever reason, ends up on the throne.
  • Self-declared emperor Dušan Nemanjić doesn't mysteriously fall ill and die in 1355, which leads to the continued existence of the Serbian Empire. Whether he could gain control of everything he claimed, especially the title of Emperor (of the Roman kind), depends on how much you wank this.
  • Moving out of Vienna for about a year or two because of the Revolutions of 1848, Branko Radičević is slightly more careful and narrowly avoids getting tuberculosis while he is moving around and living in the region of Srem in 1848/49. Whatever happens depends on the writer.

Last edited:
Since I love pushing my own agenda what about:

-The French don't have full and absolute domination in KoJ so other nationalities are given voice which has a whole range of effects.

-The Oba of Benin starts a grand tour of Europe in the 1700s then modernises his kingdom.

-The Iroquois (more specifically Connor's tribe from AC3) prevent a far greater power because of modernisation etc and change the whole dynamic of North America.

-Pedro II of Brazil asks the army to intervene in the coup and restore his throne. (This is actually pretty easy considering that he was a very popular monarch and the army was quite loyal to him.)

Last edited:
Cnut the Great, through dynastic shenanigans, becomes King of Poland, alongside his OTL titles of King of Denmark, England, Sweden, etc.

Alternatively, he somehow sets up a longstanding United Kingdom of the North Sea, including Denmark, England, etc. and surviving the eleventh century.

This thread ends tomorrow:

Currently:

Tie between:

James Garfield isn't shot
Federalists win the 1800 election
Orthodox Lithuania (the POD is actually a certain grand duke doesn't step down)

fdas

Banned
WW1 ends in Germany getting broken up into the Holy Roman empire states

300px-Map_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire,_1789_en.png

So it is decided, the timeline I shall be doing is:

'Vaišvilkas (Vaišelga) remains as King of Lithuania instead of retiring to a monastery soon after his ascension, leading to an Orthodox Lithuania from the very beginning in the 1200s.'

I'll start it as soon as possible, sorry for the later response a lot has happened since last Friday and I've been snowed under.

Coming Soon:

Upon the Baltic Sea: A Lithuania Timeline

Vuru

Banned
Have some Serbian PoDs.
  • Prince Nemanja Zavidović Vukanović either dies in the cave he was imprisoned in by his brother Grand Prince of Rascia/Serbia Tihomir, or he fails/dies during his rebellion from 1165 to 1166 against Tihomir, which deposed him and his brothers, Miroslav and Stracimir, IOTL. As a result, the Nemanjić dynasty, which ruled Serbia for the rest of the Middle Ages and effectively shaped it, doesn't come to fruition. The Vukanović family would continue its rule under Tihomir Zavidović, and the Byzantine Empire's influence over the Serbs is uninterrupted.
  • Prince Vukan Nemanjić either kills his younger brother, Stefan Nemanja II Nemanjić, when he overthrows him the first time in 1202, or he defeats/kills him when Stefan tries to take back the throne in 1204. The Hungarians beating back the Bulgarians at this time might help in the latter option.
  • Prince Rastko Nemanjić does not run away from home for Mount Athos as he did in 1192, and as a result of both his brothers dying for whatever reason, ends up on the throne.
  • Self-declared emperor Dušan Nemanjić doesn't mysteriously fall ill and die in 1355, which leads to the continued existence of the Serbian Empire. Whether he could gain control of everything he claimed, especially the title of Emperor (of the Roman kind), depends on how much you wank this.
  • Moving out of Vienna for about a year or two because of the Revolutions of 1848, Branko Radičević is slightly more careful and narrowly avoids getting tuberculosis while he is moving around and living in the region of Srem in 1848/49. Whatever happens depends on the writer.

You can add victory at Maritsa too

So it is decided, the timeline I shall be doing is:

'Vaišvilkas (Vaišelga) remains as King of Lithuania instead of retiring to a monastery soon after his ascension, leading to an Orthodox Lithuania from the very beginning in the 1200s.'

I'll start it as soon as possible, sorry for the later response a lot has happened since last Friday and I've been snowed under.

Coming Soon:

Upon the Baltic Sea: A Lithuania Timeline
Funny, considering that Lithuania in the 1260s didn't even have access to the Baltic Sea :p But I'll definitely be following.

Did it not? Oh b****r. May need to rethink it then, I just assumed it did.
Yeah, before the 14th century Lithuanian control over western Samogitia (where they later acquired a sliver of sea access) was very iffy, Livonia had much more influence there.

It's okay though :)

EDIT: Change in the name:

The Kingdom Between East and West:- A History of the Kingdom of Lithuania

THIS THREAD IS FINISHED.

Last edited: