Get the Axis and Allies to agree to peace in 42/43 or 44

Your mission if you choose to accept it (and you have no choice) is to come up with a scenario where the major combatants of WW2 agree to world peace in one of those years.

Can this be done without some mass death situation where humanity goes extinct?

Maybe some major events happen in each nation that push them all towards it?

I was going to say only rule is all leaders must be alive for this but gotta give a little leeway...so yah maybe kill Hitler but then say Goring takes over

Not possible at least not so long as Hitler is alive. He is already proven that to him can't be trusted. And Stalin is not going accept any kind of peace deal with Germany. So actually you should remove Hitler and Stalin and it would be still very difficult if not impossible.

I wouldn't go so far so as to say it is absolutely impossible, because if anything history has proven that an absolute statements cannot account for the most strange things happening, but it is very unlikely.

An impossibility with Hitler or the Nazi party in charge, as well as Churchill, FDR and Stalin.
I would say for the allied part that impossible till they demand unconditional surrender - whats to loose if the demand is everything. So they will fight to the bitter end.

You will need to exclude Stalin, Hitler and(?, not sure) FDR. You need to butterfly Casablanca conference. You need to avoid Winter 1942-1943 disasters for Wehrmacht, that de-facto weakened it to a level of speed bump for Soviet Steamroller. You need to make 1942 even worse for Soviets at minimum.
You will also need to make it that Eastern Front is stalemated around OTL June 1943 frontlines and Allies have no boots on the ground in any region of Europe by late 1944 at the bare minimum. Otherwise Allies will refuse to talk about anything but Unconditional Surrender.

See? Too many requirements, too many PoD's, too many butterflies.
At this point you can stop trying to twist OTL WW2 so that it fits your needs.

Really, you can't make Allies to agree to any kind of German proposal post-March 1939 if there is even a tiny chance of defeating Germany. Hitler and Nazis really spent all of their political goodwill by Munich and what followed thereafter.

If you want a WW2 in which Germany that is in a state of war with US UK and USSR manages to get a peace deal with profitable terms, you need completely another Germany and completely another lead up to WW2, and completely another early war.

McPherson

Banned
Bomb on Berlin in 1943. New German government accepts Wally (FDR) terms as given. Better occupied than nuked. Maybe Churchill will make nicey nice as an interceder to keep Stalin east of the Elbe.

Hmmm i was thinking something along the lines of a bunch of mini disasters on each home front or what have you... With earthquakes and tsunamis.

But i guess the whole Hitler thing makes it just too tough.

The Allies were both very scared the other side would make peace with the Nazis....if soon enough do you think the other party would just quit?

McPherson

Banned
Hmmm i was thinking something along the lines of a bunch of mini disasters on each home front or what have you... With earthquakes and tsunamis.
1. Detroit riots. (A combo of labor unrest and racist bigotry of which the Detroit Riots were just the steam escaping from the safety valve as the USG clamped down hard on domestic unrest.)
2. Halsey goes typhoon hunting. (1/4 of PACFLT become dockyard cases. Also see 6.).
3. The Great American Light Up (U-boats sink 1/4 of the US tanker fleet during Drumbeat.).
4. California 1940 ... earthquake.
5. Alaska 1943 and 1945 ... two earthquakes. Aleutians Front stalls... twice.
6. Philippine Islands 1945 ... big earthquake under 6th Army. Also one of those typhoons Halsey has chased around hits them.

I do not think disasters would stop much. (^^^)

Last edited:
Problem is by 1943 nazi demands (they'll want Brest-Litovsk 2 at least) would not be acceptable for Allies and by 1944/45 Allied demand would not be acceptable for Third Reich.